Grand Unveiling!

Soulman's gaze sharpened as he noticed a navi that seemed to be preparing to assault a child. He smiled at Ayumi and said, "Excuse me a moment. I'll be right back, my dear~" He then hurried forward, standing in front of the child and holding an arm out in front of him, glaring at the approuching navi, "Whatever you're doing, back off." Keeping one eye on the navi, he turned to the kid, "Try and behave yourself, okay? If you want, you can hang out with me. That would get you away from any weirdos." He gave Kobo a look of disapproval as he said this.
Triggerman listened to the navi's semi-apologetic offerings with indifference.

Lowering his hat as the youth attempted to make amends, his attention was barely held by the idealistic quibble the Kid presented.

"Don't flatter yourself...you havn't even qualified as bygone yet, kid," he partisaned throatily.

He turned away in disinterest, his serape flapping gently in the motion. "...Keep your weapons on you, kid... they seem to be the only thing you have going for you."
Volt looked up at Soulman thankfully, pocketing the rubber band.
Thanks, mister. I'm Volt.
Remembering his encounter with Bard, he attempted to be calm as he followed Soulman around.

Quote ()

"Rass!" he suddenly called out, turning as he saw the pie being crammed into the navi's mouth. "This navi is toying with you! Are you really going to let him get away with such an insult? It's time to prove your strength as a warrior!"

"Mwy thwength ath uh thwarriorth?" asked Rass through a mouthfull of Strawberry, Rhubarb, and the golden flaky crust that made Yumland famous. "I thwink thath noth nethethary.... thold thon" he washed the pastry down with a gulp of the milk that Voltman had provided. "I d-don't think that's necessary," he said, looking at the happily bouncing child running around. "I mean... l-look at him, he's just a kid."

Seeing MeleeMan's disapproving look, however, Rass shook his head. Then, in an attempt to sound gruff, he declared, "It would be d-dishonorable, wouldn't it? Beating up children like that. I w-wouldn't mind a powerful opponent, b-but it's insulting to think of myself as s-some sort of loser who has t-to beat up on kids to feel strong! Ha-ha-ha...."

Cripes, I hope that worked, he thought, looking up slightly, Suien, I hope you're finished soon....
Soulman walked back over to Ayumi, the kid in tow, "Sorry about that." He said, standing beside her again, Hmmm.... I said that we might look like a couple before, but now that a kid's with us, it looks more like a small family. I could mention that, but suggesting we're anything more than friends at this point might be considered flirting, which I can't be doing around an impressionable mind, Soulman thought to himself. He glanced over at Ayumi, wondering what she thought about all this.
Voltman gave Soulman a quick nod of thanks, before skipping away, yelling back,
Hope you like pie!
Suddenly, a giant slice of pie fell on the table behind them. How the...? What the...?
Capuchin gave a moan as she wanted to grab this shiny navi. "Awww! Gold is sooooo shiiiiiiny!"

Just think of something else to do Capuchin she told herself as she began to turn around, keeping her attention away from the golden navi and instead to the others. She let her tail clentch onto the Pole as she walked around looking at everyone.

"Geeze, everyone is in their own little group. I'll probably to find anything to do with them..." She then flipped herself so she was walking on her hands. "best to entertain myself I suppose. And Im good with that!"
Ozho walks out of the portal on this end. He looks around and sees a large number of diffrent navis, along with some of the police. "If the police is here, this must be big" Ozho said to him self softly. He then sees the food and walks over to it.
"So, how's it going?" Walden asked his Navi. During the time he assumed his Navi was talking it up and partying, Walden had picked up a magazine and begun skimming through. "Having lots of fun?"

"..." ShellMan didn't reply for a second, his back to the PET's viewpoint. Turning, he told his Operator, "Everyone's fighting. Only half of the Navis here seem like good guys," he said, breaking the news with a cheerful voice but disappointed eyes.

"Eh? Fighting?" Walden said, narrowing his eyes. It was obvious to him that the NetPolice had no control over their events participants at all. He let out a sigh. "But," he interjected, attempting to cheer his Navi up, "They brought the food out! I bet it smells delicious in there," he said, talking over the rumbling of his own stomache.

ShellMan nodded, getting in the already shortened line to pick up a pie and grab something to drink. He stopped suddenly, turning and asking his op, "What kind of pie should I get? There are so many flavors..."

"Huh?" Walden asked, startled by the question. "I'm sure they're all delicious," he promised the Navi, tilting his head to the side. "Choose whichever you like."

ShellMan hesitated for a second before reaching carefully for a pie, picking up a piping hot pastry from a nearby stack. He pulled it into his top clamshell, and chewing could be heard momentarily.

"Well, what did I tell you?" Walden said with a grin, before looking back in dismay at the teary-eyed face of his Navi.

"It... it tastes like barf," ShellMan said, the stains of the Pumpkin pie he'd picked up evident around his face. "I... was expecting... something with fruit..." ShellMan continued, and Walden caught a tell-tale whimper in his voice.

"No, no!" Walden said, disappointed that his Navi could still get worked up about something so silly. "Just pick another pie! There's enough for everyone!"

ShellMan picked another, but chewed it discontendly, sighing in the back of his mind. This was the worst party he'd ever been to... When he took a sip of the punch, however, his eyes brightened. "This is delicious! This is the best tasting and most colorful water I've ever had," ShellMan proclaimed, tilting his head back and letting out a content sigh.

"Glad to hear it," Walden replied with a grin.
Druidman, completely staring off into space, quickly snaps to attention as something bothered him.

"WHOOOOAA!" He yells, holding his head.

Seeing various Navis staring at him, he quickly makes up a lame excuse. "Uh, dudes, I uh.. I had a VISION! Yeah! And then... some stuff happened! Yeah, man! And uh... PANIC ERUPTED! Then..." Druidman trailed off... "Hey... IS THAT PIE, DUDES?"

Druidman bounded off, and grabbed an entire pie. "Lemon Meringue... Nature's greatest of treasures!" he said happily. He then reached for a plastic cup by the punch bowl, and, making a mental note to spike the punch later, mumbled a small water spell to fill his cup with pure spring water. "Now if only I could find my lampshade, this would be one real party!"
"That was pretty cool of you, protecting that kid navi like that after he stole your swimsuit," Ayumi said, somewhat confused by Soulman's actions. "Anyways, I guess we should have some pie or something before it's gone... although I'm more in the mood for a banana split... I guess pie will be fine though." She walked over and grabbed a slice of pumpkin pie, and not being able to find a container of cool whip sighed. She decided it wasn't important, and grabbed a fork and walked back over towards Soulman.
Winter watched the proceedings, mostly unnoticed or ignored by all but the strange, nervous little Navi, who appeared to have his own inner demons to deal with, and who had moved off, all but forgetting her a few moments later. The cloak seemed to be serving its intended purpose for the moment, as no-one had so much as spoken to her as she moved slowly, yet with unconscious grace, about the Square. She was learning a great deal about the inhabitants of this region of the Net. By her count, there appeared to be more than 20 other Custom Navis in attendence, with a huge variety of builds, personalities, and potential capabilities. Winter was very careful to quietly, yet discreetly, listen and occasionally watch the actions of those that had gathered here, cataloguing the Navis, assessing their temperaments, and occasionally matching a name to the other data. Afterall, it always pays to know your potential allies from your possible future enemies. I learned that lesson the hard way.... The memory brought a frown to her face, which quickly turned into a whimsical smile as she spotted the punch bowl, propting her next thought Ah, they have punch here. Perfect. I'll make a frosty delight with a small cup of that... Her thoughts shifted back to cool logic after a moment ...assuming it hasn't been tampered with, of course. And, with that thought, she quietly headed for the punch bowl...
MeleeMan did not smile, but did nod approvingly as Rass defended his actions. "True. I did not consider my words; pounding on a brat wouldn't have furthered the development of anyone's fighting spirit," he admitted.

Rania stood with her jaw agape. "Hey!" she cried out. "How come you can get him to talk with such understanding to you, Rass? It's not fair!"

"Hush your whining," he whispered to his operator. He then bent back down towards Rass with a grim frown on his face. "These 'festivities' have gone on long enough. I'm ready to see the real reason the IPC sees fit to suffocate us all here in this room."
In a flash of light, a multitude of wisps of data pulled from the air congealed into the blurry shape of a smooth, nude androgynous figure that made its way to the nearest seating arrangement and then sat. It slowly started to become clearer and sharper features started to play along its milky-white body as other Navis started to take notice of it. The first thing to appear was some kind of weapon, followed by an old tunic and a brilliant, sapphire-blue jewel.

The Navi's operator watched silently, and smiled, remembering the last time he'd attended an event such as this. It was best not to intervene.
A bolt of crimson energy, crackling loudly and twisting in an indescipherable pattern, exploded onto the Net floor. From the impact point rose a shell of darkness that grew to about the size of a Navi before collapsing in on itself. From the implosion of energy strode Chaos.Exe. The skeletal Navi pulled the hood of his tattered cloak up over his head, shadows now obscuring his face, and slipped through the crowd to see what all the fuss was about.

"Rayth," Chaos hissed in an irritated voice. "Why the hell are we here?"

"How many times..." Rayth sighed. "We are here to see what this new portal system is all about. We need to scope it out to determine if it will be of any use to use in our...exploits."

"Bah, what use for these portals? If anyone tries to hunt me down, I'll rip them to shreds."

"Shut up!" Rayth hissed. "There are Police Navi all around you. We don't need to draw any unnecessary attention."

"Feh, just concentrate on getting that GMO working and prove that you aren't totally useless." Chaos scanned the area. "I think I see some interesting ways to pass the time."

"Just don't do anything that will get you deleted. I don't feel like having to spend some of the little cash we have on back-up data."

"Let me worry about the fools in this room."

Chaos wandered further into the crowd, looking for some "entertainment".
Ozho walks up and takes a piece of pie. After this he see Ayumi and her friend, he walks over to them, as they interested him during the events at the springs. as soon as he got there......he remember that he kind of has no mouth, so he can't eat that pie.......
Hearing the navi known as Chaos's conversation with his netop, Pianissimo's attitude changed in an instant. Where once stood a navi that was trying to enjoy himself, there was now an assassin, perfectly serious and wary of this...Chaos. Skeleton armor...red eyes...definitely prone to violence...

The eyepieces on Pianissimo's helmet glowed as he gathered information about the navi. Name: Chaos.EXE. HP: 100. Primary weapon...claws?
There was no further information on the navi. Pianissimo decided that his only choice for the moment was to wait and see what happened.
((damn it, I hate not having home internet, if there is a group battle, I'm screwed...))

Having gotten some chocolate pie earlier, AniMay sat in her seat and calmly munched away thoughout the unvaling. Several fights almost broke out and she was getting nervious from all the eager fighters around her.

What Genso started to say didn't help ether,<This is awsome! this is just like the starting of most action/thriller animes. They start off with them saying a dawn of a new era of peace, but then hundreds of monsters come out at the climax of the celebration, and the fighting happens. Bam! Boom! Pow!>

"Don't be stupid!"AniMay angerly shot back,"This isn't like one of your stupid cartoons!"

Still, this is... No! DON'T THINK LIKE THAT! there are too many fighters here to even think of doing that...AniMay thought to herself and began to nervously look around at the portals.
"Meh, I just try to look out for woman and children. It's just a habit of mine." replied Soulman, "Well, I guess I'll go grab something." He began to walk off, then noticed one of the navies from the Onsen approaching. Adding another guy in the conversation would severely decrease his chances of getting anywhere with Ayumi, and right as she finally seemed to be a bit interested in what he had to say. And then he got another spendid idea, "Hey, it's that guy from earlier! Quick, let's embrace or something so that he thinks we're on a date. Or would you rather spend the rest of the party picking up signs?" He almost said 'make-out' instead of embrace, but he stopped himself. Not only would that get him a kick in his junk, but it was also disrespectful to think that'd she do that with someone she just met, in public no less. Besides, even if they were together, it would still be demeaning to ask for such a in front of so many people. He looked at her again and blushed a bit. Yeah, a hug would do just fine. Of course, that was assuming she went along with it.
Ozho walks past soulman and Ayumi and sits behind then. He puts the pie on his lap, and then puts on his robe's hood. Then in a low tone voice goes "Hi" then in a sort of low toned and puzzled asks "So, um, any idea why the police are here?"