Grand Unveiling!

Ayumi stepped out of the portal leading to Yoka, moving a few feet from it to wait for Soulman. She looked around at the hectic scene, with navis and progs running all over the place in a hectic symphony of controlled madness. "Maybe we should have left sooner... it seems pretty packed," she commented to herself.

Realizing that Leon hadn't been very talkative, she looked up to see the sky with no Leon in site. "I guess he wasn't kidding when he said he was leaving me alone for a while."

Quote (ForteZanzo)

Moonlight watched the 'youthful' Voltman as he set his seat down. "Hm...Strange kid." He said, sitting down. Suddenly, the soft aroma hit him, and a small hint of drool escaped his lips. "Mmmmmmm....That smells heavenly.."

Voltman turned to Moonlight, an indignant look on his face.
I am not strange!
Then as if nothing had happened, he walked over to Moonlight, streamers trailing behind him.
You're hands are funny looking. Are those gloves? Is that a rageclaw chip? I've got a rageclaw chip. I also once had a teddy bear... his name was Mr. Fluffykins...

*10 minutes later*

... and that's why you shouldn't run with scissors.
He looked at Moonlight's hands again.
Oh! Those aren't scissors! That's okay, then!
Then, transporting his booster chair and "Reserved for Volt" sign to the seat next to Moonlight, he plopped down, looking expectantly at the pie cart.
"You sure are anxious, aren't you?" Moonlight asked Voltman. "These are, put simply, my fingers. They can be used as weapons, but I've no reason to now. That reminds me, I don't believe I've properly introduced myself. I'm Moonlight...And you are?" He inquired, holding his left hand out for a shake...

((Odd coincidence: I just realized, I'm listening to Children, by Robert Miles))
Voltman reached out his streamer covered hand, shaking Moonlight's. The streamers sliced, but Voltman's hands remained intact.
I'm Volt! Nice to meetcha!

(Ha! No cutting Voltman's hands because of the streamers!)
Out of a swirling portal leading from ACDC net, a small blue flame floated out, slightly hovering over the ground. It flickered for a second, and flared into a brilliant blaze. A robed navi stepped out of the blaze wiping soot off of his clothes.

"Tch, I really wish I could have a less flashy entrance."

"hey, you were the one who wanted to make a good first impression."

"Blah blah blah, point is i'm here, so whats all the hubub bub?"

"What? You were the one who told me about this place, how should i know?"

"Alright we can shift blame to you later, looks like whatever it is they're doing isn't done yet, might as well chill for a bit."

"Ugghh, I can't believe I skipped breakfast for this."

"Breakfast? It's 2 P.M.!"

"Don't judge me."

Keito set his laptop beside himself on the bench and took out a piece of scratch paper and began to sketch a few drawings. Kenji sat down in the plaza up against a wall and started to play with his hitodama.
"This is the Netsquare, as many of you probably know," said Suien, his voice being picked up by his PET's microphone, "Today they're explaining a new system that can revolutionize the internet as we know it..."

Rass, however, wasn't paying much attention to his netOp's lecture, instead opting to walk toward the front of the room where the delicious smell seemed to originate. Unfortunately, most of the seats had been taken by the time he pressed ahead, so he had to do a bit of maneuvering. Sidling along the edges of the circular netspace and careful not to get in anybody's way, he managed to make his way slowly toward the source of the smell. Suddenly, he felt a sharp impact against his right side. "Oops," he said sheepishly, looking at the imposing navi he had just bumped into, "my apologi-ahh..." He backpedaled slightly, eyes registering a trace of fear on his otherwise expressionless black face.

The navi he had bumped into was definitely one of the shadier navis in the square, a menacing helmet obscuring his eyes and thick gray gauntlets that looked like they could pound most anything into a mass of unrecognizable data. "S...sorry," said Rass softly, slinking away as inconspicuously as he could.

Quote (lunarlion)

Capuchin gave Pianissimo a smnile an said, "Hey there. Im Capuchin. Who are you?"

"Pianissimo," said Pianissimo. "And don't even bother making any jokes about my name. I may have been created only a couple days ago, but I've already heard them all."

Yeah, Duke made sure of that.

At that very moment, the cart came in. "That must be the pie the news flash promised. From Yumland, no less. Come on, everyone's trying to find a seat, so we should probably do the same."

Pianissimo walked over to the seat Rigel had reserved for him, chuckled at the warning on it, and said "Would you know it, there's an empty seat on either side of mine. Duke's warning must have scared people away. Come on, have a seat."

Pianissimo brushed his hand through the floating warning, and it vanished. Moving his sword so that he wouldn't sit on it, he sat down and gestured to Capuchin.
A black wisp of smoke was added to the net, off to the side of the bustling events unfolding. Bard's Data was assembled and added to the net in this cloud, as she was downloaded. Bard looked around, with the smoke rolling off of her, at the large group of Navi's present. The smoke rolled away, taking with it the distant sound of drums playing. Bard frowned at the large crowd, not wanting to converse must at all, with anyone. She let out a long sigh and muttered to herself, "It should be worth it. Something good is supposed to happen from this event thingy." Taking in serval deep breaths calmed her down as she walked into the square, fingering her Piccolo. She would sing a note, or play a beat from time to time, not really seeing many Navi's of intreset. "Why exactly are we here again?" She asked Leo, completely forgeting what she had told herself earlier.

"There is free food, and a high chance of something happening. That is always the case when these big events happen." Bard let out a sigh and said, "Fine. Whatever." She walked deeper into the crowd, having her scent being overtaken by the pie and other scents around her. She smelled the air, many times over, before letting her mouth drolls at the thought of the unbelieveable food present. "Sugar." She muttered like a sleep walker.

"Bard!" Leo shouted into the PET. Bard quickly snapped back into shape and sighed saying, "Fine. I will get some later either way." She crossed her arms and made her way around some more. "Nothing of great intreset," she said again, clearly bored. "Thats it!" She exclaimed while moving to the nearest platform she could find. She saw a booth of some kind, which she promtly climbbed to the top of, and pulled up her drums. A smile spread across her face as she pulled her legs under her and sat the drum down, playing a very slow and calm beat.

One-two. One-two. One-one-two. One-two. One-two. One-one-two.

She started to sway her body, feeling the song overtake her. From her closing eyes she spotted what seemed to be a chip Navi. Shrugging it off she got back into the music, into the beat of the song she was playing. Suddently she brough both hands crashing down on the face of the drum. She held silent for a moment before picking up the tempo greatly, singing basic scales and octaves while doing so.

One-one-one-one-one-two. One-one-one-one-one-two. Two-two-two-one-one-two. Two. Two. Two. One-one-one-one-one-two. One-one-one-one-one-two. Two-two-two-one-one-two. Two. Two. Two.

At each beat of two she would pound on the center drum, and let out a single word from her vocals, "Soul." After her beat was over and done, she quickly pulled off her piccolo and played a calm, relaxing song. She stopped only to mutter a few lyrics to the song itself.

My soul is working
No longer bound
No longer Murking.
My soul has been found.

It knows its place
It is not in the mud
It is looking for the chase
Chase for your blood

Better run
Better hide
My soul is no fun
to those who made it cry.

Bard kept this going for a while, never stopping no matter how many disapproving glares she got.

I am near PA and Zanzo...just for those who don't want to read all of that.

And if you don't understand my drum beat...the more there are in a single string, the faster it is. One is the outside rim of the drum, whereas two is the center.

Quote (Skyrender)

The navi he had bumped into was definitely one of the shadier navis in the square, a menacing helmet obscuring his eyes and thick gray gauntlets that looked like they could pound most anything into a mass of unrecognizable data. "S...sorry," said Rass softly, slinking away as inconspicuously as he could.

The navi looked down at him, sneering and curling his upper lip. This only served to make him look even less inviting and more intimidating than he had appeared moments earlier. "You little..." he grunted, curling the fingers of one of his gloved hands into a tight fist.

"M-MeleeMan! He doesn't want to fight. The little guy's just trying to make his way through the crowd!" Rania cried out. "Come on, don't make a scene. It's so embarassing! Besides, the little guy's so cute!"

"Cute? What the-" he scoffed, looking down once more at the navi. "Is this your idea of a proper navi?"

"Don't be so inconsiderate, really! Ugh, you're impossible!" she groaned. "Let me talk to him, okay? Isn't there some way you can do that?"

"Why certainly. You tell me what to ask him, I'll relay your message," he chuckled. "Little one, now is the time for greetings. My name is MeleeMan. On the harsh streets of life, true warriors greet with their fists," he snuffed, extending out one of his fists sharply.

"N-No! We don't want to fight! A handshake, a handshake!" she babbled, motioning with one of her arms the correct course of action.

"... Fine then," he grumbled, uncurling his fingers into a flat palm. "A handshake. What is your name 'warrior?'" he asked with sarcasm.

"MeleeMan, you'd do well to remember that you haven't been in a single battle yet. The little guy might kick your butt!" she giggled.

MeleeMan appeared to be enraged beyond words, but kept his hand extended, gritting his tightly clenched teeth in frustration.
"Jack in Cyber,"said Damien as Cyber jacked into net square.

"Wow this crowed has a bunch of navis here,"said Cyber cheefuly,"I wonder if viruses are here,"said Cyber,"I havn't fought and viruses yet."

"There can't be viruses here there are to many navis..."said Damien,"any virus that comes here is stupid."
Withs a small glitter of light, a reluctant Kobo enters the area. "Hey, can't we not just blow the special event going on right now?" "No, Kobo you'll like it, it has..food" Kobo smiled at the promise of food. He likes cookies the best. He makes his own, and it's always the best. cookies....
"Do I smell pie,"asked Cyber egerly.

"Does the net even have air?"asked Damien leaning back in his seat.

"yah...right...never mind,"said Damien as he saw MeleeMan,"wow that navi looks unfriendly,"said Damien walking closer to MeleeMan, but not to close.
"Actually, MeleeMan, that navi over there looks a bit like you!" Rania pointed out. "Except that he's younger and is probably a water elemental navi."

"Hey, do you mind? I can't multi-task. I'll address him in a minute," MeleeMan grunted, still irritated from her earlier comment. He kept his hand extended, but looked to the blue navi approaching as well. "If you want a fight, spill it! I'll take you here and now!" he shouted.

"No! Bad! Bad MeleeMan!" she cried, smacking the PET hopelessly against the desk.

"What? Am I your dog now?" he chuckled. "Well, no fighting for now, warrior. It appears that my 'operator' lacks the fortitude of bravery."

Rania fell over into a whimpering pile. "He's hopeless. MeleeMan is socially intolerant!"
A stream of blue light came down upon the square, apparently fromt he direction of Yoka. It reformed into Shuilong and the navi started looking around, amazed at the collection of navis.
"Wow, seems pretty big." Shuilong commented as he walked among the navis, trying to deduce where the smell of food was coming from.
Soulman appeared a few feet away from Ayumi, "So, have they started yet?" he asked. He glanc ed at her from the corner of his eye. It seemed now would be a good time to flirt with her again, "My, doesn't seem like a very organized bunch. We may have been the only pair who came together." He inched a bit closer, "My goodness! We probably look like a couple or something! I bet kiss or something would really throw them off." Soulman grinned. And Wes says he couldn't be subtle.
Kenji let out a great yawn as he laid back and looked at the blank digital sky. Bored he looked around the circular square... ignoring the fact that that made little sense, and looked at the other navis bustling around. The event wasn't going to be up for a bit, and he had some time to kill. might as well cause a bit of trouble. He looked at the nearest navi standing by him. He was wearing a white jumpsuit with some black and blue trimmings around him, along with a flowing blue scarf. A nasty little thought danced through his mind. He summoned a small hitodama and fired it at him, lighting his scarf with a small blaze.
"Wow wow wow who said anything about fighting,"said Cyber backing up a little,"Damien this navi scares me,"wispered Cyber.

"Yah....,"replied Damien,"that navi is eager to fight..."
Voltman looked up at Bard, confused.
Hey, you're not supposed to stand on tables! He jumped up and started pulling on her shirt.
Get down! Get down!
Then, an ethereal green hand appeared and grabbed the small navi by the back of his armor, lifting him into the air.
Hey, Shigeru! I don't wanna play now!
It's not playing! Stop bothering that... singer?
Don't wanna don't wanna don't wanna don't wanna don't wannaaaaaa!
Shigeru sighed, and the hand dissappeared. Voltman landed on the table, and started grabbing at Bard's drum.
What's this? Is it fun to play with? Do you have any friends? How come you talk so funny?

Quote ()

The navi looked down at him, sneering and curling his upper lip. This only served to make him look even less inviting and more intimidating than he had appeared moments earlier. "You little..." he grunted, curling the fingers on one of his gloved hands into a tight fist.

"M-MeleeMan! He doesn't want to fight. The little guy's just trying to make his way through the crowd!" Rania cried out. "Come on, don't make a scene. It's so embarassing! Besides, the little guy's so cute!"

"Cute? What the-" he scoffed, looking down once more at the navi. "Is this your idea of a proper navi?"

"Don't be so inconsiderate, really! Ugh, you're impossible!" she groaned. "Let me talk to him, okay? Isn't there some way you can do that?"

"Why certainly. You tell me what to ask him, I'll relay your message," he chuckled. "Little one, now is the time for greetings. My name is MeleeMan. On the harsh streets of life, true warriors greet with their fists," he snuffed, extending out one of his fists sharply.

"N-No! We don't want to fight! A handshake, a handshake!" she babbled, motioning with one of her arms the correct course of action.

"... Fine then," he grumbled, uncurling his fingers into a flat palm. "A handshake. What is your name 'warrior?'" he asked with sarcasm.

"MeleeMan, you'd do well to remember that you haven't been in a single battle yet. The little guy might kick your butt!" she giggled.

MeleeMan appeared to be enraged beyond words, but kept his hand extended, gritting his tightly clenched teeth in frustration.

"Oh? Uh..."

Rass paused and turned toward "MeleeMan" as the intimidating navi offered a handshake. The pink-and-black navi stared at the outstretched hand as though it were a loaded gun, clearly afraid to have anything to do with the scowling brawler. Oh well... he gulped, I guess the sooner I finish this up, the sooner I...

Hey Rasshole! came a voice that reasonated through Rass' head, interrupting his own chain of thought. A flash of green streaked from Rass' back across his arm and collected into his right forearm. Staring at his now-green hand, Rass fearfully came to a realization of what had happened.

"Oh no.... not..." he said out loud, not paying any mind to how crazy he must have appeared.

I see you've made a new friend, Pinky! said Argo's gruff voice, unheard to all but poor Rass, Rather big guy too. Too bad he's such a pussy like you, offering you a handshake like that. As Argo continued to speak, Rass's green hand balled up into a fist as the pink navi continued to stammer in horror. What say we have a little tussle? laughed Argo's voice, bringing Rass' right arm back in preparation for a punch, True warriors greet each other with their fists, after all!

NO!

A streak of blue collected in Rass' left hand and instantly, his right hand was held back by his left. Are you crazy?! demanded Tem's voice, again, unheard to anybody except Rass, Do you think Rass can hold his own against that guy? The idiot shies away from common viruses! Rass' right hand ceased struggling for a moment, then the green color retracted itself back into the jade gemstone on his back. Argo did not press the argument, though Rass could swear he heard him say "Rasshole" as the melee system deactivated itself.

Realizing that the crowd, and more importantly, MeleeMan had seen the entire display, however, Rass smiled nervously and accepted the handshake. "Um... n-nice to meet you MeleeMan," he said, "I'm Rass... well, Rass.EXE, b-but I suppose that's to be assumed s-since all navis have .EXE at the end." He laughed sheepishly at the awkward observation and continued, clearly struggling for conversation topics. "So umm... nice... decorations they have set up, huh?"
Moonlight noticed the spark out of the corner of his eye, and saw it hit his scarf. As it set ablaze, he got up, rather agitated, and cut the piece off with his index finger, letting it fall to the ground. As the scarf regenerated it's data, he looked over to the navi, bearing a somewhat puzzled look on his face. "You got a problem with me?" He asked, yet thinking That was clearly aimed at my scarf...So it's safe to assume he was just fooling around. Still, I need to be sure...