RERN Exclusive Memes

Welcome! As you enjoy your stay at RERN, you may come across various things that make people laugh but you yourself don't understand it. I have taken it upon myself, literally, to compose a guide detailing these memes so the general incoming population would understand their hilariousness. Do bear with me as this guide might not be fully complete at first and will require some serious hard work.

These are all listed in roughly chronological order.

Now, without further ado, let's get to the memes.

1) OMG POINT BLANK

-The PC netnavi known as SGT. PORTER.EXE back on the old site "Rockman.EXE Chaos Network" started this meme as he challenged another PC Netnavi, Eon.EXE (Harbin's old navi), in a PvP match. The first signature attack of the self-proclaimed "war-born" navi, SGT. PORTER, was known as "Point Blank," mainly consisting of 60 DMG gun shot to the opponent navi at, as the name suggests, point-blank range. Using this against Eon during the match, Porter screams, "OMG POINT BLANK" before firing his attack, which wasn't roleplayed properly and ended up in utter failure.

-An April Fools ago, one admin, SpaceMonkeySteve, sought to revive SGT Porter as a dummy account and use this attack in the most godmode fashion he could. The results were hilarious.

2) Rass

-A relatively new member on the old site. This member gave himself a starting amount of 100 million zenny, even though you weren't supposed to start with any, a Zero Navichip, instead of having the starting pack, and named his navi, Rass.EXE, apparently a navi that looked like a cross between Roll and Bass from the original Megaman series, despite the rules saying you can't have that sort of thing. His operator's name was Ross. Way to go originality.

Suffice to say, he didn't last very long.

-At the start of RERN, the godly member known as Skyrender used this poor excuse of material and created his own RASS.exe (Rapid Assimilation and Synthesis System), who was warily regarded at first, but the general memberbase came to revel in the awesome that Sky had created with this navi. You can find the profile here

3) Demon Met and the rise of random anime-related NPCs

-A member named Tom had decided to give his navi, Azel.exe, the .GMO (Graphic Model Override) that changed his appearance to a Metool. This also rendered Azel unable to speak. Frustrated, the navi wandered the nets until he encountered two anime-related navigators known something along the lines of Song_oku_999 and Hinata_lover. These navis were beaten in battle by the transformed Azel. Somewhat later an NPC known as WTF_INUYASHA_FTW reported on Azel's escapades, the two Heelnavis he defeated supposedly his friends, giving rise to the urban myth of the "Demon Met" and making Tom have his claim to fame

-We're sorry to inform you that these NPCs no longer exist.

4) Pantsuman

-The member Shuryou talked over this idea with the moderators to see how ridiculous of a navi they could accept. Under the guise of the dummy account "hyo_dragon", Shuryou registered the infamous Pantsuman.EXE. He could apparently "CHARGE THE PANTY WITH DARK THOUGHTS" and throw said undergarment at people to defeat them. Here is some related chatter.

Quote (DarkZero)

(Current head admin at the time) Are you mocking us kid?

Quote (hyo_dragon)

Yeah...

-Pantsuman still lives to this day and pops up as a plot device for some things by pantyporting them elsewhere, but is now a part of the infamous NetMafia. He is sure to show up.

5) 40% Metal
-Arisen from the help of a member, Cindy's, Tactic Corner, the explanation was that you could positively charge a Boomerang with a Thunder because the Boomerang was 40% Metal and then make it hit more than once by dragging it with a negatively (or positively) charged Magbolt. This was of course, silly, as Boomerangs are completely made out of wood.

-Apparently it works.

6) FISTS.
-Meleeman, the first navi of AimMan on RERN, talks much about how FISTS are the way of the man and manliness, and this is somehow really manly because we talk about Fists and manliness in the chat alot.

7) Meleefish
-Trying to pick the right support program for Meleeman, Skyrender, always awesome, proposed "Melee... fish?" which sent the chat into an uproar of laughter. It seems to have pervaded the site and no one can get rid of it.

-Original Chat Spawning

-Some Extra silliness

-Er, check out Aimish Artwork in the Fanfiction and Fanart thread for more.

8) Darkfail
-A Pokemon troll who tried putting Pokemon in his navi and making a fanfic of Pokemon called "Darkfall." He trolled endlessly like he had no other purpose. We banned him, twice.

9) Family Tree
-Started when I was compared to Harry Potter, English_Ninja to Lily Potter, Shuryou to James Potter, and Twi to... Snape or Voldemort, which didn't last long.
Ok, so EN and Shuryou are my parents, and I'm adopted, and they're not married. I then added more people, one of these days, I'll post a chart.

10) Computors.
Essentially explained here.

11) Beatfridge
-English_Ninja's recent navi, Beatnik, had put a line in her operator's poem just known as "Refrigerator" and as vengeance, EN plotted a Fridge.GMO for Beatnik.
The result was Beatfridge.

-Funny related drawing #1

-Funny related drawing #2 Also the comment RIGHT BELOW IT is pretty cool.

-The inspiring poem

-The real deal.

12) PUT THE GUNS ON (Also found on the Internet as "Put Your Guns On")
-Inspired by the recent Samurai anime, "Sengoku Basara" this is also another definition of manliness as Date Masamune, one of the main warlords, starts the first episode with "Are you ready guys?" "Yeah!" "PUT YA GUNS ON!" despite his army having no real guns.

13) Magnum
-The rule is, if, in the chat, three people answer an obvious question with a single-word/same answer, you are supposed to say "Magnum."

-This is in relation to the Magnum chip which can hit up to three opponents by charging it for 2 actions and using the third to fire.

14) XD = 490
-This is now the value of this expression. More details on the origin here.

15) "Like sticking your **** into a [insert object here]"
-Just read Meleebros.

--
MAYBE MORE WILL BE ADDED, WHO KNOWS. ANYWAY, YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY READ THIS THREAD. HUR HUR HUR.
Sgt. Porter later returned as Lt. Porter of the NetPolice, showcasing a "Police Weapon," which was, if I remember correctly, the Porter Gun or something. He was deleted in that battle.
I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THAT. Wasn't he flanked by an upgraded Morrigan and Kemix?
Hmmm, what about EN's house being riddled with males? Would that qualify?
I'd actually would like to add "the book", that mission/boss fight that siren went on in the giant choose your own adventure book.
Dunno if you want to add this or not, but for 40% Metal, Cindy also had a slight obsession with Windboxes, and somehow cracking them open to fiddle with the machinery to 'increase the wind power.'
Sgt. Porter is the reason we're not allowed to post in each other's registration threads even if we're just being helpful. He and I were talking to each other in our threads. I remember the line "Let's see if some generic over the counter Navi can beat a real zeta navi"

I believe Lt. Porter came with an explanation as to what Z.E.T.A. stood for.

And don't forget how Porter dove DIRECTLY into the Undernet at level 0 and got deleted, back when the newbie pack was "cannon, shotgun OR sword" and there was no such thing as an EJO.
Oh SGT. Porter, so, so funny.

As for memes, I really think that most are covered in this list. Hopefully, more can be added!
'If it's female, Druidman will bang it.'
That's not a meme. It's just a rumor that Steve spreads about it being a meme at best.
Hmm. Well, actually, the Demon Met incident was more Twi and his interesting introduction than anything I'd done, although I suppose without Met.gmo it never would've occurred. A slight correction, though. It wasn't my dear friend CrushMan who was subjected to these shenanigans. Poor Crush has never said a word anyway. This was way back in old RECN days, when I was operating my first Navi, Azel, as the operator Tom. It was a mission to track down the oh-so-elusive Metzilla and learn more about it. I was playing a very inquisitive duo at the time. And, well, you know the rest.

I adopted the Met.GMO for CrushMan as well, but it's seemed so bizarre and unfitting that I haven't really used it much. My days masquerading as a low level virus are at end. Probably.
At this point we might as well stick "Put The Guns On" on here.

Maar never finished that RP, so a meme's all it really is.
Computor?
Magnum

Can't believe this isn't in here...What was the origin for this again? Maybe something about me pouting about how AWESOME it was.
Magna is faster than Magna. And everyone should know this.
STICKING YOUR **** INTO THINGS.
Totemface: Trollface, only by a Totem virus. This meme came about as a result of a very lopsided fight between two high level Navigators and their SPs against a group of Totems. The fight only became lopsided after the Totems began face-swapping in response to being attacked.... in the end, the Totems turned the battle upside down as they came out undamaged in spite of everything done to them.

Totem face indeed.

Quote (PaladinGC)

Totemface: Trollface, only by a Totem virus. This meme came about as a result of a very lopsided fight between two high level Navigators and their SPs against a group of Totems. The fight only became lopsided after the Totems began face-swapping in response to being attacked.... in the end, the Totems turned the battle upside down as they came out undamaged in spite of everything done to them.

Totem face indeed.

>:[]

So much rage was unleashed in that battle.
----
Avaria-Lancea: The single most phallic weapon ever conceived in the RERN-verse.
Kemix. Just, just Kemix. Being deleted by three metools without hurting any of them should never happen again. If you get this title, you deserve it.

Quote (darkstar1006)

Kemix. Just, just Kemix. Being deleted by three metools without hurting any of them should never happen again. If you get this title, you deserve it.

You mean the title of failure.

And no, nobody really remembers Kemix enough to earn memetic status. Yes, it was a fairly large failure, but it was a failure that was bad enough to get you deleted and yet somehow not bad enough to get you remembered a la SGT.PORTER.

So, noteworthy as failure IN failure, but not quite a RE:RN meme. I mean if it was, wouldn't we bring it up more?