The "Everything you ever wanted to know" Thread

I'd just like a clarification on the following:

Quote (Elements and Subtypes)

Passive: High Gear. Speed types gain a 10% bonus to Base Evasion. (This is their evasion value before RP, Statuses, Movement, and Dodges are factored in. Not Applicable in some situations.)

I've asked in the chat and heard from a fairly reliable source that the 10% bonus applies only to dodges. In the topic, though, this evasion bonus is said to apply to the navi's flat evasion chance, before anything like a dodge is even factored in. I'd like to know what the last word on this is. Updating the language in the rules topic might be useful as well, if necessary.

Quote (Trouble)

I'd just like a clarification on the following:

Quote (Elements and Subtypes)

Passive: High Gear. Speed types gain a 10% bonus to Base Evasion. (This is their evasion value before RP, Statuses, Movement, and Dodges are factored in. Not Applicable in some situations.)

I've asked in the chat and heard from a fairly reliable source that the 10% bonus applies only to dodges. In the topic, though, this evasion bonus is said to apply to the navi's flat evasion chance, before anything like a dodge is even factored in. I'd like to know what the last word on this is. Updating the language in the rules topic might be useful as well, if necessary.

This applies to ALL actions, not just dodge actions.
Oh, alright. Thank you! I suppose I should just make a habit of including it at the top of my summaries, then.
I keep running into this problem, but keep forgetting to ask on the chat...

I'm running IE (no choice on work computers) and whenever I try to edit posts or my forum sig, all of the enter spaces are removed, turning a nice organized list into a solid wall of text. Any possible solutions, other than changing/updating browsers? (Or copy-pasting everything into a word processor beforehand and saving it to keep the spacing)
I had the same thing happen, and editing posts or my signature was maddening. For awhile I got by just copy/pasting what I wanted into notepad beforehand, making edits, then pasting it back into the post/sig edit.

It didn't happen on the Restless Psyche board, and I finally just gave up and downloaded Firefox, soley for the purpose of mucking around on the forums here. I still use IE for everything else. I also discovered Firefox has a built in dictionary/spellchecker that kicks in as your typing into sites so that's nice.
Last night I posted for Djinni and got the question from Bomber "You're not using your Meteors this turn?" I did not add the Meteor wand's attack to my summary, figuring that as long as the object is in the field it will perform its attack. But from the way Bomber made it sound, I have to add it to my summary in order to have it attack. So my questions are...

1. Is this really required or is it just to make it easier for the Moderator?
2. If I don't let it attack, will it exist for more than 3 turns? It attacks for 3 turns, but what if it doesn't attack for 1 of those 3 turns?
1: Just easier. This is because the Meteor chip series always attacks RANDOM enemies. If you had to target things with it, it would need to be put in your summary.
2: No, as the chip says it attacks every turn, so you can't stall. It also says it lasts 3 turns as a separate statement, so even if you did it would go poof on turn 3.

Description: Summons a staff that floats in place. The staff causes 3 meteors to rain from the sky each turn upon random enemies for 3 turns.
Duration: 3 turns or Until destroyed
There is convenience for the moderator to consider, but above that, I can't think of any situation where the player is given the assumption of something they did not RP. Describing what happens in your turn is like... the most basic rule of this entire site.
I understand that having your Operator move around offline requires you to battle without the use of chips for several turns. What I'm unsure about is other types of posts, where the Operator doesn't have to leave his PET.

Basically, I'm asking if an operator can post on a BBS or send Email during battle, or only outside of it?

Quote (Higure)

I understand that having your Operator move around offline requires you to battle without the use of chips for several turns. What I'm unsure about is other types of posts, where the Operator doesn't have to leave his PET.

Basically, I'm asking if an operator can post on a BBS or send Email during battle, or only outside of it?

Shop Actions are the main ones in which a Navi goes unoperated. Posting in the BBS, trading chips, or sending Email does not count towards unoperated status. Neither is moving from one location to another, as most PETs are wireless and/or EVERYWHERE can be plugged into. Seriously, you can plug into lamp poles or even your seat at the train station.
On that topic... unoperated status, in the sense of an operator having to step away from their PET, such as for a shop purchase:

I've read or heard some very slight conflicts there, and would like a quick clarification: on one hand, the implication I've seen is that, if your operator is away from their PET/the PET is not connected, then the Navi is absolutely brain-dead, in the sense that all their actions become dodges, and nothing else, automatically. But I've also seen implication that it's only the more realistic effect that anything that would originate from your operator, primarily chip usage, is debarred, and sans that, your navi is still able to function in a limited sense, under their own power, without guidance (i.e. with any actions that wouldn't require operator input to use).

Clarification?
A player's Navi goes un-operated whenever the link between the PET and the Navi is severed. Navis can exist without an operator, but they are severely handicapped, namely the lack of battlechips. If no one is on the other side to load the battlechip data, or if there isn't a connection to the battlechip input device (PET), then the Navi never gets the data.

PETs can take calls, surf the web, send emails, etc. while maintaining a connection with the Navi, as long as the PET remains connected to the jack in port. If you pull the jack out of the port, connectivity is severed and your Navi is now without an operator. For wireless/'bluetooth' PETs, they must stay in the broadcast range to stay connected.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't simply move anywhere you want and expect to remain connected. Yes there are a multitude of locations you can jack into, but you can't jump from network to network seamlessly. You have to disconnect, identify a new network, then connect to it. It's just like a wireless laptop, even if you have it set up to automatically connect to any available unsecured wireless network, there is a period where connectivity is lost.

When a Navi is un-operated, it cannot be given battlechips since those are stored only in the real world, not within a Navi's programming. They can move freely, and use their sig attacks and buster, but that's all. They are also incapable of jacking out as well, since they have no where to jack out to.

Rogan: The all-dodge thing is only really used whenever you're busting with another player, and he/she doesn't post for a long time. If that happens, the moderator 'skips' the player and moderates their navi as if he/she did nothing but dodge that turn.
Thank you both for your help. This will be very useful to me, and has finally laid to rest a great deal of confusion.
Thanks also. One ore question arises in my mind from that, though:

Quote ()

They are also incapable of jacking out as well, since they have no where to jack out to.

What happens in the case of a careless/callous operator, who leaves their navi to fend for itself for a few turns, and by ill luck or ineptitude, that navi is reduced to 0Hp while the connection is severed?

Quote (Rogan)

Thanks also.  One ore question arises in my mind from that, though:

Quote ()

They are also incapable of jacking out as well, since they have no where to jack out to.

What happens in the case of a careless/callous operator, who leaves their navi to fend for itself for a few turns, and by ill luck or ineptitude, that navi is reduced to 0Hp while the connection is severed?

---[GAME OVER]---

Ouch. I suspected as much, since it's what would logically happen... outright deletion of the navi and a warning to be more careful when you re-roll?
Believe me, the warnings will likely happen before the Navi gets perma-deleted. You have to basically work towards having that happen, either by outright asking for your Navi to be deleted, or by repeated rule breaking/acts of stupidity.
If the PET were left jacked in (in your apartment, for example) while the operator was away, would EJO activate as usual?
After discussion in the chat, it has been determined that perma-deletion for a reasonable RPer is a massively jerkwad thing to do. So, they will only EJO no matter what, or some equivalent where you don't lose the Navi forever.

Quote (Higure)

If the PET were left jacked in (in your apartment, for example) while the operator was away, would EJO activate as usual?

Yes, it is an autonomous emergency function that doesn't require commands from an operator.