Front Counter

Back in the old neighborhood, Polonius enters the Chip Store, smiling as he sees the new selection. "Let's see... 5800 left... what should I get.... Ah the Firebomb2 chip sounds good... and oohhhh... the new Hi Cannon! I'll take one of those, mister? Oh and a Powershot and a Minibomb!" he says, looking towards the counter.
Soryu and the shop, had, actually, not been covered in oldness, to Duke's surprise.
Rolling up to the counter with a wheeled chair, Soryu slammed the orders in front of the respective buyers, grinned, and snatched away the money, and putting it in the cash register.
"That purchase came to 5250 zenny. I just got it from you, so no worries," the shopowner commented, turning to Polonius. He slowly got his hands off the table, revealing the ordered chips in perfect condition.
"Have a nice day you two," the man from Sharo called, wheeling backwards, before falling over.

DUKE LOSE: 1100z
DUKE GET: Minibomb, Energybomb

POLONIUS LOSE: 5250z
POLONIUS GET: Firebomb2, Hi-Cannon, Powershot, Minibomb
"Alright, thank you mister ummm... Soryu?" he pondered, grabbing his chips and left towards the Metro one more time, this time to go to Netopia.
Duke nodded and took his order, then turned and left the shop.
Timmy walked off the metro and into shoyu's chip shop as he glumly said what he wanted. "One shockwave and a minibomb please." He said as he transfered the zenny to Soryu.

(1250 for the shockwave and 500 for the minibomb=1750z)
"Shockwave and Minibomb.. OK, hang on. Got to fix this first," he said while clumsily handling a band-aid to cover up a wound on his forehead after he had fallen down with his chair. It took a few seconds and several tries, but in the end he got it and turned to Timmy. "Mphmmphhm..." Soryu 'said', having used too much band-aid on his head. A few seconds later he took the chips and slid them over the counter to Timmy. "Mmmhp," he muttered after he heard the tune from his laptop that the transferral was succesful and gave Timmy a thumbs up. "Mmmphhmpphh..." he continued and walked off into the store, possibly to get rid off the incorrectly placed band-aids.
Timmy sighed as he picked up the chips and left. "Crazy shop keepers..." He mumbled under his breath as he exited the door.
"No, paper fans are made with rectangular pieces of paper." Desmond said while opening the door to the shop.

"I do not believe you fully understand the concept of a fan." Rebutted Tennisman, "The paper used is semi-circular in design."

"Fine! We'll try it at home later!" Desmond said, "But first I wanna see what new stuff they got."

Desmond walked over to their directory and went down their inventory stock. A few raised eyebrows indicated some minor interest until he saw it. His eyes bulged and his head snapped forward in disbelief. He read it over again to make sure he wasn't imagining it and traced his finger across the name of the chip.

"T-Tennisman!" Desmond cried.

"Yes?" Tennisman replied.

Desmond pushed the PET in front of the list of chips directly over what had caught his eye.

"Desmond," Tennisman said, "Please stop shaking the PET. The camera is unable to focus on a clear image."

Desmond tried to steady his hand but he was clearly too excited. He held the PET in front of him with both hands, his arms tense with anticipation.

"Tennisman?" Desmond asked, "Do you see it?"

"I..." Tennisman stuttered unusually, "I see it."

"WIIIIIIIIIIIND-" Desmond yelled.

"...Racket." Finished Tennisman, with a slightly pleasant ring in his voice.

"Frig! Do we have enough?" Desmond said.

Tennisman answered immediately, "You currently have sufficient funds to purchase two Windracket chips."

"LET'S GO!" Desmond snapped. He dashed up to the counter nearly in tears. "Two Windrackets please!"
Soryu twitched as Desmond raced up to the counter, PET ready.
"Sure..." he grinned, taking the netOp's PET and putting it in the cash register, deducting money from it.
"Now, I advise you to have your money ready beforehand or things will get VERY VERY NASTY," Soryu suggested, glowering at Desmond with his last statement.

A click could be heard in the PET and Tennisman has a WindRacket chip on each arm. Looks like he got them.

"Have a nice day," the Sharonian grumbled, leaning on the counter.

-DESMOND LOSE: 4200z-
-DESMOND GET: WindRacketx2-
((For some reason, I had an additional 100z than what I had calculated before. Discarding it just in case.))

Desmond stared at his chips with awe and then immediately started to look around the shop.

"What are you doing?" Tennisman asked.

"Jack-in port!" Desmond said, "I wanna try these now!"

"I believe we should at least leave the shop first so we do not disrupt the business here." Tennisman said.

"Okay, fine!" Desmond replied, "So where do you want to go?"

"Perhaps somewhere new." Tennisman suggested.

"So like... What? What's new? Is the park outside my house new?"

Tennisman paused for a moment before speaking again, "Yumland."

"Yumland?" Desmond repeated.

"It is just a suggestion." Tennisman said.

"No, no, it's cool," Desmond relented, "We'll go to Yumland."

He quickly exited the shop and readied his passport. Desmond was glad that he always left the house prepared but wondered if he had remembered to turn off all his appliances.
Jared walked into Soryu's chip shop for the first time. He quietly walked about, perusing the selection of chips displayed. He found what he was looking for among the subchip stock, and turned to approach the counter. He looked as if to speak to Soryu about a purchase when something in the flexiglass display case caught his eye...

Huh. I haven't seen one of these in a very long time.... Heck, I don't even remember what they're called. I'll get it for Broadside. At the end of his distracted episode, he looked up and spoke to Soryu "Hi. I'd like to purchase an EnergyPack subchip... and that battlechip over there." he said, pointing to indicate the GutPunch inside the flexiglass display case.

Jared then reached inside his pocket, and drew out the appropriate amount: 2,700z.
"That chip...?" he said and crawled over the counter to look at the glass, "Ah, that one. You know, I can't see them from this side..." That said, he crawled over the counter again and went to a suitcase with chips in them as he started to talk to Jared, "My cousin sent that one with a batch of others. She works in a delivery company." A few seconds later he returned with the chip in the palm of his hand. "It's a shame you can't eviscerate an enemy with this, just punching them real hard," he muttered and handed the chip to Jared, while taking the requested subchip out of a carton with the same subchips in it. "But you know," he continued talking about the chip, "If your Navi punches really hard with it, he could just make the enemy vanish... OUT OF SIGHT! They'll fly so fast you'll need a scouter to measure their speed. It'll probably be over nine thousa-HOLY SHIT!" The last outburst came out of nowhere, following with Soryu turning around quickly and running off. "My dinner!" he shouted before he disappeared from view.
"And another night passed," Na'im said and stretched after he entered the store, "It always goes so fast."

Djinni stuck her holographic head out of the PET's screen and looked around. "Where are we? I see an entrance..." she asked. The keyboard PET was on Na'im's back again, where it was supposed to be unless it was used actively.

"The chip store I told you about," Na'im replied, walking over to the counter that didn't seem to be made by a known material and didn't notice a shop keeper as he looked forwards again. "Excuse me? Mister Gosthe? Or lady... The advertisement didn't mention a gender..." Na'im said and held the piece of paper in front of him again.

Slowly Djinni floated upwards again and stopped above Na'im's head to look at her own reflection. "My ponytail's a mess..." she said and went through it with her hand before getting a brush from the PET.

"Egh..." Na'im groaned and decided to talk a bit louder to attract the shop keeper, "I'm here to buy a Sandring chip! And do you know if there are any other Navi shops!? I'm looking for an expert on NetBattling who could assist me for some time! I'm a rookie at this!"

((Sandring - 2500z))
"One Sandring... right here!" Soryu announced, gesturing to the lone Sandring chip on top of the counter. He looked obviously male, and straight.

"A Navi shop, huh? Well, there's Suitachi's Navi Parts store over at SciLabs, can't miss it," the shopkeeper advised, looking thoughtful as he put Na'im's money in the register, how he got the money in the first place, no one knows.

"Of course, you know, you could just... post on the Internet City BBS for help, or any of the public discussion boards," Soryu continued, yawning, apparently he has a long day.

"Well, have a nice day," Soryu said, waving tiredly at Na'im.

NA'IM GET: SANDRING
NA'IM LOSE: 2500z

Quote ()

I'm looking for an expert on NetBattling who could assist me for some time! I'm a rookie at this!"

J.T. looked up from his PET screen, intrigued. "Need help with Netbattling?"
"Suitachi..." Na'im muttered as he scribbled on the newspaper clipping with a pen, "Internet City BBS... Hrm?" The final was said in reaction to a voice he heard and looked into the direction of the person. "Ah, yes," Na'im said and walked over to the man, "I didn't notice someone was still here. And yes, my inexperience is what I fear. I could use someone to teach me the basics." But he then noticed the PET was still on and he laughed quietly, scratching the back of his head. "But aren't you busy?" he asked and pointed at the PET.
Dave walked in the store.
"Hi, everyone!" he said, and he walked to the cunter.
"Hi, I'd like to buy two Energybomb chips. If I'm right, that'll be 1200 ..."
And he prepared the money.
"True, my Navi is in a NetBattle with another Navi." J.T. replied as he slotted in two of his Thunder1 chips into the gray colored PET. He'd obviously muted the sound, since whatever happened next on-screen caused the light to glow vividly amid a series of bright flashes.

J.T. shook his head in a resigned fashion, and looked away from the PET to speak to Na'im once more. "Unfortunately, I can't help you right this second..." He reached into his pocket, withdrew a business card, and handed it to Na'im. "...but if you contact me at the E-mail address on that card, I could help you out later."
For a few seconds, Na'im just stared at JT after he stopped talking. He took the card and let the words ring through his mind, as he eventually nodded to himself and crossed his arms. But then, out of nowhere, he started to laugh out loud. This went for a minute or two, until he moved a hand to lift his sunglasses and wipe his eyes. "Good lord, man. You talk like NetBattling's all you can," he said, "Life's not all about one activity. You have to live like it's a festivity. But fine, I'll contact you later. I have to stop by that store of... Suitachi, right? We'll see each other again."
"Oh, wow!" Sabrina was a bit stunned by the new selection of chips; she couldn't help but stop and check some of them out. "Looks like he's added some new chips since the last time I was here!"

"Sure does! See anything that looks neat?"

"Hmm...actually, yeah, I do!" She bent over towards a display featuring a chip with a blue fist on it. "It's called ColdPunch. Look it up for me!"

"Sure!" SplashMan furiously searched through the chip library data for more detailed info. "Okay, basically I just go up and punch the enemy!"

"That's it? That's kinda disappointing...but for close-up stuff, all we've got is swords. It'd be nice to have something else, to be different!" She meandered over to the counter, and dropped 3600z on it. "Hi, I'll take a ColdPunch, please!"