Front Counter

Soryu walked out, sighing as he did so, slapping down various chips, as zenny subtracted itself on the meters of PETs, and real zenny seemed to disappear into thin air.

Soryu cocked his head slightly, then walked back into the back of the shop.
Alexander puts the chip in his pocket, and walks out the door.
With a small "thanks", Shigeru walked out of the shop.
"Wait!" said Kazu loudly, waving to get the keeper's attention. "I wanted to talk to you, Soryu. It's about some famous Navis."
Suien nodded quickly, taking the chips into his hand and slipping them into his folder.
Steve took his new chips and meticulously sorted them into his binder, gave a friendly nod to Soryu, and a strange glance at the man yelling for the the shopkeep to come back. Shrugging, he walked out of the shop. Trying to think how he'd blast his way back into the NetSquare.
Feeling a little exhausted herself, Alexia walked into the Chip Shop on her way home. With the great amount of zenny she'd gotten from Netfrica, she couldn't resist. She breifly glanced at Stryder in her PET, still in sleep mode. "I know, I'll get her these chips to reward her. ^_^" Alexia places 3500 zenny on the counter, and asks in a low voice, "I'd like a Vulcan2 and a Cannon chip please?"

Quote (Kazuhiro)

"Wait!" said Kazu loudly, waving to get the keeper's attention. "I wanted to talk to you, Soryu. It's about some famous Navis."

Kazu?, Rigel thought, finally recognizing the man calling after Soryu. I'd have thought he'd remember them. Or at least one of them.

"You mean the navis in that picture?" Rigel said, taking the chips and looking at Kazu shrewdly. "I don't know who all of them are, but I recognize that one." He pointed at the navi with green robes and a blood-red Wo Dao, which could barely be seen lashing out at a puppet-looking virus.

"Personally, I'm surprised you didn't recognize him yourself, Kazu. He was my navi until about a week ago, Swing. As for what he's doing mixed up with those guys, I have no idea. Unless..." Suddenly, something caught his eye. A navi wearing nothing but what looked like a purple speedo. "You've gotta be kidding me."
"Swing is it? Out of all of them, he was the only one that I thought I recognized. So that's why." He stared at the video for just a little while longer, then suddenly said, "Rigel? You're Rigel, aren't you?"

He backed away from the counter a bit, to clear the space. "This is Sarah, an old friend," he said with a smile, indicating the blonde woman who had just finished packing away the chips and was heading towards them. "Sarah, this is Rigel, someone I knew back in the old days."
"Yes. Yes, that's me," said Rigel, smiling for what seemed like the first time in years. Looking at Sarah as they were introduced, he said, "So this is the one you mentioned. A pleasure."

Rigel watched more customers come up to the counter, and said "Maybe we should go somewhere a little less in the way of people trying to buy stuff."
"Good idea," said Kazu distractedly, glancing at his PET. The glance seemed to alert him.

"Or maybe I should be getting back to my laptop," he said quickly, pocketing his PET and gesturing to Sarah, who nodded. As Kazu started to make for the door, she said, "If you like, I can have him take it with him to meet you somewhere."
"Hm...My base is a little too small for multiple people," said Rigel, thinking. "But if I remember correctly, the wireless range covers all of ACDC park. I guess we could meet there."

He headed for the door himself, inserting the new sword chip as soon as he walked within wireless range.
As he stepped out of the damp outerworld, Marlowe tightened his trenchcoat. The errand would have to be quick; he had left Triggerman under solo operation, and at Dame Fortune's cold mercy.

His hand went beneath his coat, and returned with his small canteen of vodka. With some haste, he unscrewed the cap. The mouth of the bottle came to his lips. The bitter nectar tinged the back of his throat but went down smooth, leaving in its wake that unmistakable scent of alcohol.
It was like the devil's own method of keeping him in line. The old boy was making a reservation, and Marlowe could see his hell painted visage everytime he took a sip, or a smoke of tobacco. Come closer, the bastard seemed to taunt.

Life is short. Learn to die a little... the detective reminded himself.

He had little time for niceties; in brisk step he approached the counter. "...Two Vulcan1s and two Vulcan2s," he requested cooly.

He could still taste the taunt of death.

((5200z))
After walking in the door, Donell craned over the display shelf, scratching his head. "Hey Stringer, any specific chip your looking for?"

"No, I just need more chips. Trying to defend myself with only 3 is such a hassle..." groaned Stringer.

Noting 2 chips that weren't too expensive, Donell walked up to the counter. "I want a Sword and a Bubbler," said Donell bluntly, not really posing it as either a question or command.

(3400z)
Soryu walked out from the back, glancing at the new customers with a smile that seemed friendly: looking closer, however, the two customers could detect a slightly condescending edge to his expression. He quickly subtracted zenny from accounts, keeping a focused and indifferent expression as he brought out the chips and handed them to their owners, with a nod and a thank-you each. He handed out Marlowe's last, leaning across the counter at him. "This is a kid's shop, buddy," he told the aged man softly, "and alcoholism isn't exactly an image I'd like to project."

He then drew back, waving to them all and yawning. "The first step to becoming a great chip collecter is getting the basics!" he called out, waving dissmissively as he headed back to the door behind his counter.
"Thank you," Alexia said, as she put her new chips into her pocket. And with that, Alexia and Stryder walked out.
Arch pushed the front door and went inside the shop....as usual, the chip shop is one of the crowded places around....many people inside the shop from all ages....Arch saw a kid, two teenagers there and some adults here....he went to the front counter and have a little chat with the shopkeeper....

" say, your name is Soryu right??? the owner of this chip shop....my name is Arch and I would like to have another vulcan chip....here's 600 zenny.... "

(( vulcan1 battlechip : 600z ))
((bump))
Anti shouldered her way into the store, quickly taking in everything and retaining nothing. She'd be out of here in a minute, anyway.

She took a moment to crouch in front of the display case, doing some mental math. She had quite a bit of coin to spend, and intended to do so wisely. Having looked every chip over several times, she nodded and straightened up. Out came her wallet, and onto the counter went every one of her 6000 zenny.

"Vulcan2, Bubbler, Shotgun, and a Heatshot." She pushed the money demandingly across the counter.
"Why, thank you very much." Soryu accepted Arch's money and handed him the Vulcan1 he had been asking after. Then he turned to the other girl, and realized that he had quite the grouch on his hands. He matched her glare for glare for a bit, then decided that it wasn't worth ticking off a customer. He swept the cash off the counter and into his hand, and almost magically produced the Vulcan2, Shotgun, Heatshot and Bubbler she had asked for.

"Have a nice day," he called to Arch, and repeated the same thing to Anti, with just a touch of icy reprimand in his voice.