Signature Attack Help Thread

Overpowered?
How so?

Okay, since the cap would be 80, it would only start out with a 4/3x(current barrier health) boost to Elec attacks, but that would just about be it. That makes the total possible damage added a whopping 80. Nothing to sneeze at, but nothing impressive.

But once I get other upgrades...
Do realise, I am accustomed to 60 damage 3 turn cooldown sigs for level 1s.

In any event, here is my analysis of it...

Basically a 90 damage attack boost (you can general assume that it will be used with elec) with the capacity to sacrifice 30 damage of boost to make an attack elec-type.

It is also capable for use as a 60 damage barrier.

It also has the drawback of being defeated by wood attacks.

Lets see... I would use the fact that it is multi use (3 use in fact) to add an equivalent of 30 points of damage. I would rate the damage at its full maximum, each effect being of approximately the same power. This is 90 points of elemental damage. I would rate its being defeated as a 20 point drawback.

This would make it rated as an approximately 100 damage attack in my eyes. This of course going against my gut which says that this is still to little, but I would rather be conservative than rate everything harshly.
I would love to use my waiting ideas, but dammit, the pace at which these events are moving makes "a snail's pace" sound like an improvement.

Quote (RoboTek)

Do realise, I am accustomed to 60 damage 3 turn cooldown sigs for level 1s.

In any event, here is my analysis of it...

Basically a 90 damage attack boost (you can general assume that it will be used with elec) with the capacity to sacrifice 30 damage of boost to make an attack elec-type.

It is also capable for use as a 60 damage barrier.

It also has the drawback of being defeated by wood attacks.

Lets see... I would use the fact that it is multi use (3 use in fact) to add an equivalent of 30 points of damage. I would rate the damage at its full maximum, each effect being of approximately the same power. This is 90 points of elemental damage. I would rate its being defeated as a 20 point drawback.

This would make it rated as an approximately 100 damage attack in my eyes. This of course going against my gut which says that this is still to little, but I would rather be conservative than rate everything harshly.

Ah. Right. Thanks for reminding me about cooldowns... - _ -*
Three turn CD. Four, if needed for an attack this versatile.

But I don't think that alternate abilities would give it a higher cooldown. Would a mod like to comment?
This is a little bit overpowred, but a good way to change that would be to add this clause to the +dmg effects:

...Any turn after the activation turn

In my eyes, that would make it fly instantly. Also remember that if you want the +dmg to count for each hit in a chip, and not just be added to final damage, it's gonna cost you something else, as it's another effect
To be fair, I rather doubt that he is going for that given the nature of his attack and it being a level 1 sig. I generally get the image of him envolping a shot in the energy he was using to guard.
here's an idea for Nikko's level two sig attack.

aroma therapy
a sudden calming smell comes over the battlefeild, relaxing everything that can smell such as Nikko and her enemys. the sent heals EVERYONE on the battle field and relaxes everyone by adding a dodge to any navi while viruses gain an additional 10 attack for one turn while every ally Navi on the feild heals for 40HP while viruses and enemy navi's heal for 20.

so, how is it?
personally, I don't like it...

to me, healing you opponents is almost as bad as damaging yourself with your own attack...
I personally do like it, thougH I think you should've tried to get away with a bit more oomph to it.

However, at that level, I don't think you can have a "to all" clause.
Not neccisarily...

I had a "to all" sig attack at lvl one cause it didn't do any damage, it just paralized for three turns...

granted it had a 5 turn cool down, but eh...

Quote (Albel)

This is a little bit overpowred, but a good way to change that would be to add this clause to the +dmg effects:

...Any turn after the activation turn

In my eyes, that would make it fly instantly. Also remember that if you want the +dmg to count for each hit in a chip, and not just be added to final damage, it's gonna cost you something else, as it's another effect

Yeah, it would only be to final damage. No 195 damage Vulcan1. And the +dmg effects...
So, wait, are you suggesting that it goes like this?
Turn 1: Use sig
Turn 2: Get Electric barrier
Turn 3: +dmg effects allowed

Like that?
Just wanna get some comments on ones I may or may not use in the future...

Haguro (Trans: Feather Black)

Shinokami flaps his wings once, creating a strong, yet harmless wind that blows ten black feathers towards his opponents. These feathers have 1HP each and do no damage by themselves. After two combat rounds, however, any surviving feathers explode, dealing (normal buster damage +10) damage each to all targets. By expending HP, more feathers can be created on a one-for-one basis, however no more than ten can be created by this means. Cooldown unknown.

Ame no Ohabari (Trans: Blade of Heaven)

Irkalla and/or Kafziel gain serrated edges, giving a +20 damage boost to Sword chips and normal/charged attacks, which lasts until the end of the current battle, however three combat rounds must have passed before this ability can be used. This effect can be cancelled willingly at any time. The serrated edge of the blade can move like that of a chainsaw and, by expending an action, can deal an additional 20 damage, followed by 2 damage over time per action the enemy uses for five turns. Once per battle only.
The first one doesn't work. No "to all" except for level 3 and up. So having each one explode is strong enough already. I would also recommend losing the buster damage and just dealing 10 damage each one plain and simple. This has the added effect of making it really easy to accomodate cap growth.

And I don't really have time to do Blade of Heaven by the numbers, but rest assured it's far beyond a normal sigatk.
So if it was a "To a random target" and only 10 damage, it'd be fine?

As for Ame no Ohabari, what do you suggest? Dropping the DoT and lowering the damage boost?
Can we make a sigatk that can create panels?
There is no such thing as panels. Terrain would be fine, but the system isn't worked out yet.
Can I make a Sig-Atk that lets me control fire and stuff for both RP wise and damage? (Of course, the damage of the fire control is pretty low)

Quote (Goroke)

Can I make a Sig-Atk that lets me control fire and stuff for both RP wise and damage? (Of course, the damage of the fire control is pretty low)

I don't see why not. You'd just have to add an extra turn of cooldown because you're working with an attack that's off-element. (I don't remember what Alphonse is, actually. I'm at school and I have signatures turned off, so I won't bother to look. Let's just say that Alphonse's a not-Fire. XD)

However, if you start using that fire control to steal or fool around with the attacks of a Fire-type virus or Navi to the point that it stops them from attacking...

Well, no, sounds okay to me. We'll just see when you try and reg it.
He is Fire EN.
...And what would people do if I try to get a lvl 1 sig with both *Does not count as sig* and *no action*.
Or a sig that does like, 40 hits of one aqua damage over the corse of the turn?
What happened to the almighty Tem Scanner? IS THIS THE END OF THE CHIP GIVING SIGS??? ;~;

Yeah, I've seen that part of the rules. That means that there's about a snowball's chance in hell squared of another sig like that being approved?

Anyways, sig idea:

Level: 2.0
Name: Recharge
Description: After viewing the successfulness of Voltman's Electric Drain, Shigeru devised a system to allow Voltman to heal with the net's energy. When this sig is activated, Voltman draws in energy and absorbs it, healing his systems as necessary. And, if Voltman has any leftover energy, he can convert it into an electric charge that takes effect when he strikes an enemy.

Effects:
-Voltman gains 90 EP (Electricity Points) (No actions)
-Voltman can convert EP into Healing energy, with the formula of 20 EP=15 Heal (One action to activate)
-When Voltman hits an enemy with a melee attack, he can sacrifice EP to deal extra Elec element damage to his hit, in increments of 5, with a 5 EP=5 Elec Damage ratio. (No actions, other than the original attacking action)
-If Voltman has his Electric Drain barrier, he can sacrifice it to gain EP equal to the barrier's current HP. (One action)

So... yeah. My old Recharge idea, but expanded on, with a spiffeh new point system!
And just a note, but in no way can this go over the damage cap, that I can see.
Even if all EP were expended to attacking, it would deal 90.
If it were all heal (that was possible), he would heal 60 and deal 10.
And this is just a kind of extension of Electric Drain, with the last effect, that allows for 45 more points of healing.
But that's with the aid of a second sig, so wouldn't it count as two, and would not be considered going over the cap, right?

Feedback?