Signature Attack Help Thread

How many turns would this potentially last?
It says "Passive."

I'd assume that means it starts up (from it's base level of no-bonus) at the beginning of each battle, lasts the entire battle, the resets at the beginning of next battle.

That's just a guess.... I haven't dealt with many passive abilities before so... I dunno?
Well, uh... I don't think so then. I mean, this would start out weak, but if you had six actions you'd be able to take 2 turns with only minor improvements and still get a dodge in, then the rest of your turns the fight could be accompanied by a potential +10 per attack, a total of +60 per turn at max, for the rest of the fight. Then, if your custom weapon's power is improved with Buster programs to lend this usefulness...

Well, I dunno. Maybe. I'm not a sig-approving mod, after all. It would also probably depend largely on what your future build was and if it could be exploited by that build to an unreasonable extent.
It would be underpowered if it lasted for anything but the whole battle. Most battles won't go over 5ish turns, and in the time it takes for him to accumulate the maximum 10 damage an attack, a 60-70 straight attack could've done the same more efficiently.

EDIT: Practically, he won't be straight attacking without chips, as shown in the example. So there's length involved.
Picture an extended boss-battle.... Rare though they are...

Actually... Goroke...

Unless you specialize with the Buster and Sig Attacks, this is almost totally useless.... Chips just flat do more damage unless you invest very very heaily in NCP Buster Upgrades...

EDIT: If they allow you to have this Passive ability, then it follows the same damage cap/ability and Cool Down/drawback progression rules as any other Sig Attack. Meaning, each time you buy the appropriate upgrade (in this case it would be ANY upgrade) this ability would gain a small boost, and perhaps a bonus as well.
I'll point out that the example semi-implies the boost is only given to buster/sig attacks, because nowhere did Goroke actually use a chip. If that's the case, it's massively underpowered.
The sigatk is suppose to be the final resort if I run out of chips (Or at least strong chips). The attacks doesn't have to be consecutive, it builds up as you use it more. Since it's +1 damage right now, I was hoping to upgrade it to a +2 per attack^^

I'm still a bit noob at Sigatks...so I really don't know -_____-;;
I actually have the Zenny for it now, so I'll post this up to make you guys cringe.

1.X: DupeBlock: Drawing from his own data pool, Frag seals a bit of himself into a new block, which proceeds to orbit around him. The new "block" acts both as a decoy and as a battery, as Frag can simply reclaim the energy when he has no more use for the block.

Mechanics:
Uses 10 HP to create 20 HP "block".
"Block" orbits around Frag, potentially blocking incoming attacks.
Frag can direct the movement of any number of "blocks" with an action (used to place them around allies and whatnots)
With an action, Frag can convert any number of existing "blocks" back into energy, healing for the HP of the "blocks" converted.

1 turn CD, existing blocks do not influence CD.

Now, should I have this...

1. Convert all existing blocks back into HP at the end of a battle?
2. Carry existing blocks through to next battle?
probly number 2.
Actually, I think I like idea 1 better. The way I see it, that's the difference between beating two battle in an area without getting hit and getting a super-huge barrier by the third at no turn cost, to getting healed and the end of each with possibly no advantage if you're already at full health...

I like the idea.
It should be option one. If you can't take barriers with you to the next fight, you shouldn't b able to carry these either.

I had an idea too, wanna hear your opinions:

Form mastery: "insert logical explanation why Valkyrie should have this ability here". Two part passive ability:

1. Can transform any gun-type chip into a melee attack. Cannon becomes a powerful thrust with the lance, gatling turns into series of rapid punches and kicks, air-shot changes into a kick that sends the enemy flying etc... (this makes it able to use these chips as part of sword-dance)

2. In addition to that, all close range attacks deal +5 dmg. (with say, 4 actions a turn, all spent attacking, this skill still only grants me +20 dmg)

The only "broken" combo I can see right now is close ranged gatling for a whooping 45 dmg...
What would people think about this as a 1.5 sig?

Heart's Barrier(3 turn cooldown)
Splitman splits open his hand and from the split forms a brilliant blue barrier that he can shape as he likes.
Effect:
Splitman generates a 30 HP 2-way barrier that he can shape however he wants within reason. This can be used to shield another Navi, or himself(or both), however, if he wants to guarantee sucess he cannot attack from within it. At the end of the round, he may choose an amount of HP to dedicate to the barrier, if it is dealt damage beyond the original 30 he will take up to that much damage instead of the barrier being destroyed.

Reshaping the barrier takes one action. Example shapes include:
Dome: Creates a large dome around himself and or others.
Wall: Creates a wall between himself and foes.
Shield: Creates a shield covering most of himself, but leaves his arm open to attack. Well placed shots can hit his exposed body.

As the barrier is connected to himself, there were always be portion of it feeding back to his hand. If this generally small section is severed, or if the barrier takes more damage than it has been aloted in a turn, it immediately fails.
Actually I like it. It opens an emo RP possibility if that's your style, and its mechanics are also overall nice.

Anyway, since this is why I came, this is my attack plan.

1.0.1, Strike: One action preparation, damage+40, cooldown 1.
1.1.1, Blade: One action preparation, damage+20 to an attack, becomes spilttable to 2 enemies, or focused on one for +40 damage. Cooldown 2.
1.2.1, Arrow: One action preparation, damage+40 and extreme accuracy to an attack. Cooldown 2.
2.0.x, Fury/Furious: Prefix to a Strike, Blade, or Arrow. Adds a dodge and +60 damage to Strike. Adds 80 damage to Blade. Adds 40 damage+stun to Arrow and makes Arrow split into 3 hits. Cooldown 3. Must be applied to all three: Strike, Blade, and Arrow, at which point it enters a cooldown of 5, before it can be used on the same one twice.
2.1.x, Focus/Focused: Prefix to a Strike, Blade, or Arrow. Adds extreme accuracy+60 damage to Strike. Adds +40 damage to Blade. Adds 80 damage to Arrow. Cooldown 3. Must be applied to all three: Strike, Blade, and Arrow, at which point it enters a cooldown of 5, before it can be used on the same one twice.
3.0.x, Unison: "prefix" type, Split after attack, mechanics in progress
4.0.x, Devoted: Timed effect added to an attack, reunites T/O, mechanics in progress
5.0.x, Sacrifice: "attack" type, Ultimate attack, mechanics in progress

So, Focused Strike, or Fury Blade, or Devoted Unison Sacrifice... you get it.
I have a bit of trouble grasping the levels of power in this current system, but yours at the very least doesn't seem that overpowered.

Could you clarify "Must be applied to all three: Strike, Blade, and Arrow, at which point it enters a cooldown of 5, before it can be used on the same one twice." though.

I can think of a few things it might mean, but really am not sure what it does mean.
The only thing that grasps me as could be slightly HAX is the fact that Fury/Furious' arrow added effect about "40 and Stun, splits into three hits"
Can these hits be spread to several enemies?

And to clarify for RoboTek, here's my understanding of the (extremely long) battle plan for this:
Turn 1: Use Fury
Turn 2: Use Arrow (Extreme Accuracy, Stun, split into three hits, Damage+80 to next chip)
Turns 3,4: Do stuff while Fury cools down
Turn 5: Use Fury (3 turn CD finished)(Can't be used for Arrow)
Turn 6: Use Strike (Free Dodge, +100 Damage, for next chip)
Turns 7,8: Do stuff while Fury cools down
Turn 9: Use Fury (3 Turn CD finished)(Can't be used for Arrow)(Can't be used for Strike)
Turn 10: Use Blade (+120 damage, can be split to two enemies, for next chip)
Turns 11-14: (Do stuff while Fury uber-cools down)
Turn 15: Use Fury(5 Turn CD finished)(Can use all Level 1 sigattacks with this again)

But damn. 15 turns? And Arrow's powered-up version seems kinda HAX, now that I look at all of the effects it has.
Turn 1: Fury Blade
Turn 5: Fury Arrow
Turn 9: Fury Strike
Turn 15: Fury becomes availible again

Essentially, the cooldown is unbalanced, but I won't be able to spam Fury Strike over and over; I have to use all three once.

You're right, though: Triple-stun is hax. Perhaps I could make it so that ony one target can be stunned, but if all 3 are focused on it, it is a double-stun. So hit 3 and stun one, or hit one and stun it twice as much.

And it looks like I missed something: Focus adds 40+ability to split 4 ways instead of 2 to Blade.
But wouldn't the Fury Blade on turn 1 be breaking the one sig a turn rule? Or is this semi-passive? Even so, if you get this, you could just wail on a navi with all of these, with little/no chips being necessary.
And does Fury only need to be activated once, and works until the end of the battle, only using one action to "activate" it, of sorts? In other words, would Fury Blade/Strike/Arrow be two-action things?
To your first question, the one sig a turn rule has been repealed. It is completely subjective. Since it's understood that the whole point of Fury is to combine it with another attack, I think the mods will understand.

Second, no: Strike, Blade, and Arrow all use one action in preparation in order to add the effect to the following attack. Fury and Focus just "share" that preparation action. Of course, only one of each can "share" an action, so Focus Blade is ok, but never ever Focused Fury or Blade Strike. Thus I use one action for Fury Strike, then one for the actual attack.
Name: Electric Drain
Level: 1.5a
Description: Drains electricity from the net to increase the power of Voltman's attacks.
Effects: Uses one action to create a 60 HP elec barrier on the next turn. This barrier can...
... be left alone for defense
... be dismissed for 1.5x(current barrier health) boost to the next elec attack
... be dismissed for (current barrier health) boost to next null element attack, as well as converting it to Elec element
... be immideately dispelled by a wood element attack.
3 Turn CD

Thoughts? Comments?
I would say that I thought it too powerful, but with sig power levels what they are, I really have no idea now.