Signature Attack Help Thread

Woah, all those points make me dizzy. @_@

Quote (English Ninja)

Quote (Goroke)

Can I make a Sig-Atk that lets me control fire and stuff for both RP wise and damage? (Of course, the damage of the fire control is pretty low)

I don't see why not. You'd just have to add an extra turn of cooldown because you're working with an attack that's off-element. (I don't remember what Alphonse is, actually. I'm at school and I have signatures turned off, so I won't bother to look. Let's just say that Alphonse's a not-Fire. XD)

However, if you start using that fire control to steal or fool around with the attacks of a Fire-type virus or Navi to the point that it stops them from attacking...

Well, no, sounds okay to me. We'll just see when you try and reg it.

Ya, Alphonse is a Fire/Normal type^^

Of course, I'm not gonna use this to re-direct or change the attack(...But...But can I?!! *Stares at mod with kitty eye*), but mostly for obsticle, RP stuff, and others~
Darn, My *Every color of the rainbow* Eye sig was shot down, oh well, moving on to plan the next sig.
This is just the beginning of the strange, unorthodox Signature Attacks that I'll be pleading through the systems. >:3

3.5 OUTSOURCE

Raiden uses the deletion of one Navi or virus to attack another. The attack must be used during the first action of the turn immediately following the mod post in which the deletion of the Navi or virus to be used was deleted. The attack's damage is equal to the amount of HP the Navi or virus had during the mod post BEFORE the one where it was reported deleted. The attack's element and subtype are those of the virus or Navi being used, if they apply. This Signature Attack's cooldown depends on the damage of the attack, and can change to suit.

2.5 MISCELLANIA

In order to use this attack, a certain number of viruses or Navis must be "tagged". Tags can be attached to attacks as a free action, and as long as the tagged attack makes contact with the target, that Navi or virus is considered tagged.

The damage of the Signature Attack, when it is unleashed, is 5 x the number of enemies previously tagged. The tag counter resets every time this Signature Attack is used. It caps at 75 damage, which is 15 tags.

If the majority of the viruses tagged (51% or above) are of one element, the unleash of the damage takes on that element. This only changes if one or more of the viruses tagged has a naturally stronger element that the majority, such as Aqua over Fire, in which case the attack adopts the superior element. If the majority of the viruses tagged (also 51% or above) are of the same species, such as a Metool or a Bunny, the unleash of the damage takes on that species' special feature. Examples are Breaking from a Metool, or a stun from a Bunny.

Cooldown at two turns.
Considering it would take 2 1/2 turns, USING ALL ACTIONS AT MAXIMUM SPEED, to get to full power on the second one, I see no problem.

And the first one just freaking rocks, but I think that the mods would require a damage cap, seeing as if we have another Boxnix Dynamix sort of thing, and something with 200 HP is taken out from the twenty navis attacking it, it would be a bit hax to use that attack then. I'd give it a cap of 10+ the cap because you have to delete something before it'll work.

Now, I gave feedback on yours, so feedback on mine? KTHXBAI.
Would this fly: A passive Lvl 1 SigAttk that heals by 15 every turn. Has an activation clause, where by using an action Runeknight can construct a, let's say 70, HP Barrier. However, while Barrier is active, Runeknight doesn't heal by the 15. Once barrier is destroyed, there is a three turn CD before Runeknight starts to heal again.
Okay, here's my sig idea. Hope they're not too HAX...

1.5 - Power Blast

CrushMan gives some extra power to his next long range attack, giving it the Break effect and the ability to possibly effect one additional target. This ability stacks with other affeccts. For example, if used in conjuction with a shotgun, the shotgun end effects would look like this.

Shotgun - 50 Damage - Break - Possibilty of Hitting 2 Extra Targets

1 turn to use. 3 turn CD.

1.5 - Great Armor

CrushMan gains even more armor than before, increasing not only his size but his ability to take damage. Great Armor acts as a barrier chip would, absorbing 100 Damage before being destroyed. Great Armor takes damage before CrushMan does. Great Armor is immune to Break affects. The extra armor lasts 3 turns before CrushMan looses the ability to keep the extra shielding up. Also, while Great Armor is in effect, CrushMan loses 1/2 of his actions, rounding down. For each action lost this way, he takes 10 damage less per hit, not per attack. This damage prevention only lasts while Great Armor is in effect.

Thus, if Crush had 3 actions normally and he used Great Armor, his speed would be reduced to 2 and he would take 10 damage less per hit. Again, another example, were a cannon to be used on Crush in this state, he would take 30 damage, but if a vulcan were aimed at him, he would take 0 damage, preventing each of the hits of ten.

1 turn to use. Once per battle.

The first one doesn't seem too bad, but Great Armor seems a little haxerific to me...
Zan, I'd think the amount on that barrier would have to be significantly decreased in order for the sig to fly-- and possibly the healing amount too.

Tom, I think Power Blast can get away with 2 turn cooldown. And since you're sticking a OPB on the Great Armor, I think it would get by with relatively little tweaking. o.o
Well, the 15 should work as a passive. As for the barrier...Maybe a 50HP?
Hmm... Zan's reminds me of a level 2 sig attack of have been planning (pehaps some-day after this event...).

2.0: Positive Energy Mastery
Passively: Splitman is now able to heal targets over their maximum health (including himself). Health over normal gained in this way is lost at the end of the next turn, bringing them down to their normal maximum.

Active: Activating the ability causes of field of blue energy to expand around Splitman for one meter. All healing abilities used heal all Navis within the field, to a maximum of 120 HP total healed (including the original healing ability). This ability ends at the end of Splitman's next turn. Three turn cooldown.

The passive ability does not work during cooldown.

and as for great armor...

That is a bit powerful for a level one sig...
100 Barrier, pretty easily 100 damage equivalent right there. Nothing special. Immune to break? Normally break is 20 damage equivalent, but lets just assume this is half as useful, so 110 now. As far as I am concerned (some might disagree), the speed lost is equivalent to the gain from the damage reduction. Per hit is pretty nice, especially in combination with freaking crazy armor.

That's still a 110 damage equivalent in my book. I suppose I wouldnt disagree with it if it also made you easier to hit. Still very powerful, but less.. ownful.
Can this work?

Arson's Delight
Sig Level 1 Ver 2
Detail: (TOO LAZY O_O)
Effect:
-No cool down
-Able to create/alter fires for RP reason, not attacking (Possible to do damage, depending on Mod's decision)
-Able to douse over 30 damage of fire (The dousing level goes up as I buy more P.U.s)
-Only able to do one of the two actions listed on the top per turn.
I read that as Angel Delight... D=

No cooldown? Now, I'm not a mod, but I personally wouldn't. Especially since it does damage, even if on rare circumstances. And dousing? You mean you soak the damage?
Maybe dousing is the wrong word...Maybe dying it down :3

Doing the attack won't do direct damage and I'll make sure it does low damage (higher as I get more P.U. of course). For example...

Quote ()

Alphonse bursts out a stream of fires around the enemy, creating a towering fire wall to keep the enemy close. In seconds, Alphonse dashed towards the virii with his sword up high

Mod response: The mets paniked when they saw the navi heading towards them with his sword. They tried to evade the attack by running away, but the fire wall damaged them as they ran away. (5 damage to all mets)

Not a good example since my RP-ing sucks *** >____>;;
Just wanted to bring this up again, since I didn't really get all that much response from the first time I posted it.

Level: 2.0
Name: Recharge
Description: After viewing the successfulness of Voltman's Electric Drain, Shigeru devised a system to allow Voltman to heal with the net's energy. When this sig is activated, Voltman draws in energy and absorbs it, healing his systems as necessary. And, if Voltman has any leftover energy, he can convert it into an electric charge that takes effect when he strikes an enemy.

Effects:
-Voltman gains 90 EP (Electricity Points) (No actions)
-Voltman can convert EP into Healing energy, with the formula of 20 EP=15 Heal (One action to activate)
-When Voltman hits an enemy with a melee attack, he can sacrifice EP to deal extra Elec element damage to his hit, in increments of 5, with a 5 EP=5 Elec Damage ratio. (No actions, other than the original attacking action)
-If Voltman has his Electric Drain barrier, he can sacrifice it to gain EP equal to the barrier's current HP. (One action)
Ok, just to clarify, your sig attack does basically 2 things ideally:

1: Heals 60 damage, for a non-recovery type Navi. That is pretty freaking nice.

2: Makes 2 attacks elec type damage. Not amazingly ideal, but it is nice.

1a. You can also convery about 75% of your barrier's health into real health now (you get 45).

This is all pretty nice stuff. Personally I am hesitant for that much recovery from a non-recovery navi-type, but I am unsure of what the current mods would say it equals.

I would say a 3 turn cooldown after the last of the power is used, at least.

Arson's Delight....
You are basically givingyourself 30 points of ability to block fire attacks every round, using an action, and incredibly powerful fire based RP ability.

I would view this as a total of about 40 points in damage effective. For a level 1 I would rate it at 1 turn cooldown, but that is just me. 0 turn seems a bit spammable...

Quote (RoboTek)

2: Makes 2 attacks elec type damage. Not amazingly ideal, but it is nice.

Ooh... yeah...
Let me clarify.

Quote (My Sig)

-When Voltman hits an enemy with a melee attack, he can sacrifice EP to deal extra Elec element damage to his hit, in increments of 5, with a 5 EP=5 Elec Damage ratio. (No actions, other than the original attacking action) (Can be used more than once)

There. That's better.
Basically, I can use this until I run out of EP.

And as for the recovery thing...

Straight from the rules:
15 heal=20 damage off the cap.

So, 20 EP=15 heal is perfectly legal.
I know what you did, it was quite clear. I was just using that as the remainder because the healing is easier to calculate.

On a side-note, while I do agree that it is legal from the now crazy system of overarching conditions and abilitys for everything. For example, it might be argued that this is an 'additional effect' which now adds 40. No idea when that happened anyway. Likewise, it also might be considered off type because it is recovery for a sword type, which is another 40.

I have no idea what your cap is, but assuming it is 90, then I would deem this slightly too powerful because it is an 'out of type' ability and has a great deal of flexability, including the ability to covert your previous sig for its use.

Personally, I would rate this as a 110-130 damage equivalent sig for these combined reasons.

Reading all of this is begining to make me wonder again if my starting sig is a bit weak. Type changes are not what they were.

Quote (RoboTek)

Arson's Delight....
You are basically givingyourself 30 points of ability to block fire attacks every round, using an action, and incredibly powerful fire based RP ability.

I would view this as a total of about 40 points in damage effective. For a level 1 I would rate it at 1 turn cooldown, but that is just me. 0 turn seems a bit spammable...

No! If it can block 30 fire points every turn, I would make it Level 4 sig or something >___>;; I can pick from either making something fire that can cause damage (Depending on the Mod) or die down fire attacks if against one virii!

Quote (example)

Actions:
1: Sword slash @ Met
2: Sword slash @ Cannondumb
3: Arson's Delight @ Champu's attack
4: Prepare to evade

or

Quote (example)

Actions:
1: Sword slash @ Met
2: Sword slash @ Cannondumb
3: Arson's Delight to create a wall of fire around the remaining virii
4: Prepare to evade

Something like that~
I am aware... that is effectively reducing 30 points of fire damage a round. A level 4 sig? Fire damage is rare enough that it isn't that good. It also takes an action which could be used to dodge anyway. If that isn't it though, I have no idea what you are talking about.
I originally thought of having Arson's Delight to only create fire property for traps, obsticle, and stuff. I only added the dousing fire attacks for extra :D...Maybe I should add another effect, no?