Signature Attack Help Thread

Is that necessary though when you are not netting any damage?

I don't know.
That skill is so underpowered it is not even funny. Maybe add a multiplier in there somewhere, but even then...
I am not quite sure why it is underpowered, it follows my requirements for a net 0 cost passive ability (assuming level 0 to have no base starting advantages) and could be quite useful.

Perhaps I am just working off of a different power-level base than you though.

What do you think of my current type change sig's power level then?

Quote (RoboTek)

Flesh to Power

Splitman, already disjointed from pain, converts the energy of his own body to boost his attacks. Portions of his body consumed by this ability glow then -become- red, negative energy, boosting an attack. All that remains is a skeleton of the portion used in this manner.

Splitman may boost any attack by x damage by sacrificing x life at the same time. This is only usable while he is currently break-type.

Let me see if I've got this straight:

Sig name: Flesh to Power
Effect: Can convert HP to damage with a ratio of 1 HP:1 Damage
Sig Type: Passive
Sig Level: 1
Cooldown: N/A. Passive sigs are always active, so they require no cooldown.'
Special: Can only be used when Splitman is Break subtype.

Now, the biggest problem I see here is that although you're hurting yourself badly, with a few recovery chips and a fully upgraded passive healing sig, you could get AT LEAST 30 extra damage per turn. With no side effects, apart from no healing from the other passive sig.
AND, once you're done with this, you might just switch straight back to your recovery subtype and heal the damage.
Why is this a bad thing? As far as you're concerned, it isn't. But as far as my HAX-0-M3TER is concerned, this thing is pushing it.

Now, I'm not a mod, so my opinion might not hold much weight, but in my opinion a sig with a damage increasing potential of this one would not be a Level 1 Sig Attack. I'd say it may be acceptable for a Level 2. And that's a big maybe.

My opinion? Something like this shouldn't be a passive sig. If you want my opinion, here's what I'd do:

Name: Flesh to Power
Effect: Can turn HP into damage with a ratio of 1 HP:1 Damage, limit (insert damage cap here)
Sig Type: Activated
Sig Level: 1
Cooldown: 1-40 Damage = 0 Turn CD. 41-80 Damage = 1 Turn CD. 81-120 Damage = 2 Turn CD
Special: Can only be used when Splitman is Break subtype.

Please notice, I have given you one less turn of cooldown than each damage cap should be. This is because of the pointless self-mutilation.

But PA's opinion on the entire sig idea? SCRAP IT. NOW. Self-damaging signature attacks on a board where the highest the HP has ever gotten has never exceeded 400 is suicide. Albeit prolonged suicide. If you want a damage boosting sig, great. If you're truly stuck on the self mutilation, fine. But if you're just throwing that effect in there to be able to get a passive sig approved, don't make a choice as bad as that.
I'm not saying you're an idiot, if that is the reason. I'm just saying that although having a passive signature attack may seem cool now, it'll come back and bite you in the ass later if it's self-damaging.

That's my opinion.

Quote (RoboTek)

What do you think of my current type change sig's power level then?

I think that your current sig is fine. Considering it fits in with your navi's theme, and the fact that you have an entire sig dedicated to a subtype change (something a soulcross could easily obtain), it's definitely within the limits of a starter sig.
I don't know why you'd like to change from recov. Its easily the best subtype, and break is... well, far too specific (and wtf is that they need to infuse the attack with break type? break is the only subtype that needs to spend an action to use its "advantage", and its not even that good). You use one action to change, THEN another one to infuse break, when you could get a normal sig that has break properties and does 50 dmg in one single action.

Also, where would this new ability come in handy? Seriously? maybe, if you'd need 10 or less damage to finish off someone, or if you go all or nothing and try to take the enemy navi out in one shot, but other than that... Maybe I'm too much of a powergamer

EDIT: to PA

He needs to spend one action to activate his first sig, then another one to change back into recov. He simply can't pull it off to be hax. Even if he has recov chips, that means he spends them to empower an attack (whic could be easily done by using a chip that has the same damage as the recovs' heal....). There is no way he comes out better than normal. Not to mention that the empowered attack might miss but tha sacrifice can't.

EDIT2: almost forgot, but now that I think about it it does have some potential. Using elemental weakness and elemental AoE chips to his advantage he might get a good ratio on the sacrifice.
Oh, worth mentioning is that this is only supposed to apply to a single hit or total damage. It doesn't empower an entire vulcan or flame-line with additional damage.

As for PA...

Are you... assuming that I can somehow recover damage as a free action? Your statement about having no penalties for a manuver I find completely absurd and inefficient confuses me. I also never intend to have any form of auto-regeneration ability. Your statement also confuses me, because you go on to say that it is overpowered then say it is suicide and a terrible idea. That might just be me misreading it though...

As for my first sig, I intend it largely so that I can have forced disadvantages on later sigs, such as this one.

However, your own arguement about being able to to create an individual sig to add break element does occur to me. It is for this reason I am considering having the transformation automaticly heal me an amount equal to my normal buster shot when changing to recovery or automaticly add break type to my next attack.
I just have this wierd idea that if it is suicidal then it isnt overpowered. Quite simply, I dont think the arguement makes sense.

Also, who the hell would pass 30 damage per turn recovery? That is pretty huge... better than a Recovery navi could realisticly do with an extra action each round.

Right now that would be sacrificing at least a level 3 sig and a level 1 sig to do +30 damage a turn. Honestly, that doesnt seem overpowered to me, though you seem to think that losing two sigs, one of which is very high level, is not a drawback. I do.
He's only seeing the worse-case-scenario of your sig attack. There's also the Regen 3 chip you could get much much much later on that would recover +30 per turn and stuff...
Signature: 1a
Heart's Barrier(3 turn cooldown)
Splitman splits open his hand and from the split forms a brilliant blue barrier that he can shape as he likes.
Effect:
Splitman generates a 30 HP 2-way barrier that he can shape however he wants within reason. This can be used to shield another Navi, or himself(or both), however, if he wants to guarantee sucess he cannot attack from within it. At the end of the round, he may choose an amount of HP to dedicate to the barrier, if it is dealt damage beyond the original 30 he will take up to that much damage instead of the barrier being destroyed.

Reshaping the barrier takes one action. Example shapes include:
Dome: Creates a large dome around himself and or others.
Wall: Creates a wall between himself and foes.
Shield: Creates a shield covering most of himself, but leaves his arm open to attack. Well placed shots can hit his exposed body.

As the barrier is connected to himself, there were always be portion of it feeding back to his hand. If this generally small section is severed, or if the barrier takes more damage than it has been aloted in a turn, it immediately fails.

I proposed this three months ago. Many, many changes have happened since then improving sigs significantly. It occurs to me, that my main signature was not improved in any way over this time. Oh well. What do people think of this now?

And on a side-note, that event took forever now that I actually think about it.
personaly.......i think you should save it for a level 4 sig attack.......but i'd go as low as a level 3......maybe......
I would call it a 3 myself.

Effective damage:
20+60/3=40 per turn, passively. Including leftover for the first two actions gained

Each action boost, effectively equivalent to 40 points, in theory 20-30. This fits with the guidelines presented. With a level 2, it is right out too much.

Passive sigs don't increase the same way as normal ones because their cooldown is still low, but I believe that this would be a 3.
I wanna see if I can get this one as a passive buff, but with a suitable drawback to even it out...

SIN Locks

When the Operator releases the locks on certain sinful emotions, Shinokami's programming becomes flooded with that certain sin, resulting in differing effects. This ability is passive, although only takes effect while in a certain GMO and prolonged exposure to the sin can corrupt Shinokami's data, dealing damage per turn and possibly to deletion. This counter is re-set whenever Shinokami Jacks-Out ((And if possible, partially reduced (ie, he spends 2 turns in a sin form and gets healed once, making it as if he only spent one turn in that form) but only if the healing aspect is cancelled)). BugStoppers and such do not negate the effect of corruption. Subtype bonuses do not apply in these forms, either. The bonuses are as follows...

Luxuria (Lust)
Rape Critical Hit - Upon a normal attack, roll a d20. On 18-20 inclusive, Luxuria scores a critical hit, dealing double damage.

Gula (Gluttony)
Ingest Data - As one action, and once per turn, Gula can attempt to devour a virus for its remaining HP, but only if a normal attack would delete the Virus itself.

Avaritia (Greed)
Sticky Fingers - Bonus zenny is obtained while in Avaritia. The actual bonus is up to the moderators.

Acedia (Sloth)
Unlikely Attacker - Attacks launched by Acedia do not seem to come from Acedia itself, rather appearing to come from locations away from Acedia. This may confuse some enemies, although smarter enemies may deduce that Acedia is the only person in the area, therefore Acedia is the only place the attacks may come from. Others, however, may instead blame Cursor Navis in hiding.

Ira (Wrath)
Indominitable Rage - Ira gains a +1 Attack bonus while in this form.

Invidia (Envy)
Steal - Invidia can spend one action to copy an opponent's attack, where allowed. The attack would be weaker than the opponent's or impossible to copy if the enemy is a Boss character or Navi. Standard virii attacks vary from virus to virus.

Superbia (Pride)
Float like a Butterfly, Sting like a Bee - Superbia can, after two normal attacks ((in succession or broken by another action)) gain a free dodge.

Zetsubou no Suugatsu -The Form of Despair- (Sin)
Data Drain - Rewrite Virii and glitch enemies? Pfft, I wish...

The One Sin - Zestubou no Suugatsu gains damage reduction of 20, however the rate corruption spreads ((read, number of turns allowed in sin form)) is substantially reduced ((thirded)). Piercing damage does not bypass the reduction, but damage due to SIN lock corruption is doubled and is not reduced.

The number of turns Shinokami can spend in a sin form is equal to his level divided by three, with an absolute minimum of one. This means that from levels 1 to 5, he can spend one safe turn in a sin form, with two from 6 to 8 and three from 9 to 11, etc.

[EDIT] Oh, and this never upgrades, either. Possibly gonna be a level 1 sig, but a level 2 if I can't get it.
No Nale, we are NOT data draining.
Also
WE ARE NOT HAVING MORE THAN THREE FUNCTIONS FOR EACH SIGNATURE ATTACK! >_<
But, the non-upgradable thing might work in you favor.
Maybe.
EN tried this with her Passbreak sig, where she got a different effect in each Net Area.
But the mods struck it down.
So may want to divide them up somehow.

Quote (RevivedSin)

No Nale, we are NOT data draining.
Also
WE ARE NOT HAVING MORE THAN THREE FUNCTIONS FOR EACH SIGNATURE ATTACK! >_<
But, the non-upgradable thing might work in you favor.
Maybe.
EN tried this with her Passbreak sig, where she got a different effect in each Net Area.
But the mods struck it down.
So may want to divide them up somehow.

They are. They're split so each GMO gets one bonus (Subtype bonus isn't given, either) and, after a certain number of turns, HP drain comes into effect, which bypasses everything, including Undershirt.
Bah, I guess it's ok then.
Cooldown = OPB?
If so, I would think it would pass, but, I'm not really that sure.
Cooldown? I was trying to get it as a passive. Though for that, I might have to increase the HP drain after the (Level/3 [Minimum 1]) turns. Which I'd gladly do.
Yes, changing a GMO isn't hard. But there's the whole HP drain for over-use and limit to how long you can safely use them, thing. And, like I said, I'd up the HP cost, or even the safe-turn formula, happily.
Meh, I'll let one of the guys look over it and see what they think, but personally, I think it isn't too uber, but I'm still not sure how you guys run this new system, or even how similar it is to the new one.

And I realised I didn't state what the HP drain is. I'm thinking between 10-20 per turn past the safe limit. Something major, considering it's a Sin and all that's going through him. Possibly twice that for Zetsubou no Suugatsu, since it's all seven at once and fits in plot-wise.
Nice man.... Kinda reminds me of the 404 tarot card thing..
Oh yeah, Kazu did do Arcanum didn't he...
But it was a Level 4...
Oh whatever, don't mind me, I suck at rating mutli-use sigs.