Signature Attack Help Thread

Ballfeeder - Level 1 sig
Passive?
Summons a 10 HP ballfeeder that shoots 10 dmg balls at targets. Unaffected by Netplay. Once per turn. Max summoned: 4?

(Assuming summoning one every turn and none are destroyed)
turn 1: 10 dmg (total 10)
turn 2: 20 dmg (total 30)
turn 3: 30 dmg (total 60)
turn 4: 40 dmg (total 100)
turn 5: 40 dmg (total 140)
turn 6: 40 dmg (total 180)
turn 7: 40 dmg (total 220)
turn 8: 40 dmg (total 260)
turn 9: 40 dmg (total 300)
turn 10: 40 dmg (total 340)

(70 dmg sig with 2tcd)
turn 1: 70 dmg (total 70)
turn 2: cd
turn 3: cd
turn 4: 70 dmg (total 140)
turn 5: cd
turn 6: cd
turn 7: 70 dmg (total 210)
turn 8: cd
turn 9: cd
turn 10: 70 dmg (total 280)

10 extra damage at the end of 7 turns?
60 extra damage at the end of 10 turns?

Balanced?
In honor of the new Sig System:

ULTIMATE THREAD NECROMANCY, HAAAAAAA!

And in your 'up for debate' thing, I give you:

Signature Attack: Steel Aura - When a Swordplay dodge would be permissible, Steelsky may instead gain a 10-damage aura. (/1-hit barrier. Tell me which is better!)
Uhh, 1-hit Barrier, definitely. 10-HP's wouldn't help at all in places like the Undernet.
Ok, I need to redesign my sig, but here is the problem. The effect I want would but me above the new cap if I kept my current damage, and would make the attack crap weak if I do keep it. SO, do you think I should do 60 damage, or 30 damage plus stun for one turn?
Hmm, but wouldn't a 10-hp aura function as a 1-hit barrier anyway?

"..gains 10 defense at each level of a multiple of five." perhaps.

0: 10
5: 20
10: 30
15: 40

ETC.
But if the attack was 40dmg, they would still get hit by 30 through a 10 barrier.

A one hit negates all damage, which is too strong.

Quote (legoroy2)

True, but a multi hit like a vulcan can burst through that with ease, since it dosn't have to do all the damage in one hit, as even one damage negates a level of X-hit, like the old second edition stone skin spell.
I don't normally do this, but....

Quote ()

Sig concepts for NachahmenEXE (Total points: 540)

-Nature's Embrace: Using Nachahmen's natural protocols to examine objects and mimic their appearance, Nac's eyes enhance in focus, seeing the data of foes, seeing through graphical designs and other such 'distractions'. This enables Nac to pick up on habits better, and see through certain traits of the studied subject.
Effects: Able to analyze all targets around him (at the time of activation) for the purpose of mimicry/emulation for the remainder of the battle. Also grants Nac two free actions for the round.
CD: 2
Points used: 60

-Emulation Check: Nachahmen alters his protocols behind processing information to the point of overclocking it, thus allowing him to see his opponent on a deeper scale. This allows him to analyze his opponent to the extent of 'learning' one of their special attacks.
Against Virii: Mimics the appearance of one target's attacks, using its element and attacks for 80 dmg.
Against Navis (or when with an ally): Allows use of one of subject's sigs (so long as they use 80 points or less) to a target of choice, assuming he's seen it before or has forced himself into their databank (by use of Nature's Embrace and an action). 
CD: Against navis: Mimicked sig's CD+1. Against Virii: 2
Points used: 80

-ROM Reboot: As explained before, Nachahmen's ability to rearrange and reform his data is quite impressive. So impressive, in fact, that he can even reform loosened or separated data belonging to him. This effect is similar to regeneration...
Effects: Passive. Nac heals for 20 HP each turn (this counts the very start of a virus battle as a turn).

-Clockshift: Red: The lines that run about Nachahmen's person turn a dark, bloddy red. This change signifies new protocols in his buster system, allowing him to effectively expand and/or overclock it.
Effects: Passive. Allows Nac to spend 5HP and an action in order to add 10 damage to all buster attacks he makes this turn.

-Clockshift: Blue: Nachahmen's emblem turns a pale, icy blue. This change signifies new protocols in his defensive systems, allowing him to effectively expand and/or overclock them.
Effects: Passive. Allows Nac to make a 1-hit Barrier for himself each turn (uses an action). Additional Barriers, which can be used for allies as well, can be made at the cost of 10HP and another action each.  A total of no more than three 1-Hit Barriers may be made in a single turn.

-Clockshift: Green: Nachahmen's eyes glow sharp, neon green. This change signifies new protocols in his processing systems, allowing him to effectively expand and/or overclock them.
Effects: At the cost of 10HP, Nac may use a Free Action. Only one Free Action may be made this way in a single turn.

-Nature's Enlightenment: The processes used for Nachahmen's analysis and configuration are progressed to great degrees. As such, he has developed varied memory banks, sectioned off from RAM, for the purposes of holding color-alteration codes, and the emulated data of Navi attacks.
Effects: Passive. Allows Nac to mimic colors of targets, albeit not perfectly (one could likely tell the two apart, so long as they weren't in an bout of close-proximity movement from each other), and allows him to store up to two mimicked navi's appearances, as well as store any number of virii appearances.

Further, any attacks from virii, for the purposes of ROM Blast and Emulation Check, may be stored (although Emulation Check loses any elemental value of the subject when drawing from stored data).

Finally, Nac can 'learn' sigs (with point values 80 or below) from a navi(s). so long as he's seen the attack multiple times, or as seen it once and has forced himself into their databank (by use of Nature's Embrace and an action). This cannot be performed the turn the sig is witnessed (or, more accurately, he cannot see a sig from round 1, and use it until round 3+). No more than two sigs may be stored at any given time (new ones learned effectively delete a stored one of choice).  All sigs learned, when used, follow the sig's CD (at the time it was learned) +1, and shut down all of this sigs effects until the CD has passed.

That is all I have planned once I get my refund (and about an estimated additional 3000z or so to be able to make the last one).

Thoughts? Advice? OMGWTFHAXs?
This new system vexes me... but here we go.

Lvl: 5
PU: 5
Cap:100

Flury of dancing flames Kira
Effect:changes type and element into fire/breaker. Lasts until overridden or battle is won, 2 turn cooldown starting after form is overridden.

Gambler of fates Elli
Effect:changes type and element into Wood/cursor. Lasts until overridden or battle is won, 2 turn cooldown starting after form is overridden.

any ideas what the points would be?
ROM Reboot basically cancels out Clockshift:Green.

I propose rules.

Add a cooldown, and use only one Clockshift per turn.
Well...

Quote ()

ROM Reboot basically cancels out Clockshift:Green.

Actually, the Clockshifts serve to cancel out ROM Reboot for additional options, at the cost of the defensive properties the sig offers. Bear in mind that I can and am prolly getting hit during all this, just like any other player.

Quote ()

Um, passive = no cooldown. I could see a clause like that, but I didn't really see any of the effects as being 'uber', or even very compatible ((why would I use all three in the same turn anyway? it'd cost at least two actions and 15HP, leaving me with what? Four actions and a Free Action (do bear in mind that FAs CANNOT be used for just anything. They have strict parameters.), at max speed.))

Quote (ForteZanzo)

Quote ()

Um, passive = no cooldown. I could see a clause like that, but I didn't really see any of the effects as being 'uber', or even very compatible ((why would I use all three in the same turn anyway? it'd cost at least two actions and 15HP, leaving me with what? Four actions and a Free Action (do bear in mind that FAs CANNOT be used for just anything. They have strict parameters.), at max speed.))

Um, you can't EVER turn passive sigs off, so any costs would accumulate every round.
FZ, I can't see even one of your sigs that is not over the cap or impossible without extremely bending the rules XD

Though, It can be worked out I guess. But if nothing else, a new effect for turning passive sigs on/off would be needed for them >_>

Also, note that "free actions" are no more.
For Empress since her original sig is a multiple effect which is not cool, so I made another.
---------------------------
Monolith of the Empress
Lv. 1 - Active Signature

Empress summons a Monolith or a marble cube that sits in the space in front of her. If you stand in front of it, look into the reflection and you shall find the new target of it's attack. When it's struck on impact, the displayed character in the reflection receives 2/3 of over all damage inflicted on the marble.

Monolith: 60 HP

Sig Pool 0/15 - 60/15
---------------------------
Not so sure of the damage nor the HP, since I don't have the ratio of damage variables towards pool points, I wouldn't know to say how much it really does. I was thinking half, but could more or less be added, or is this effect even legal? I was thinking of Guardian when making this sig and maxed out my pool.
Augh, I'm gonna get four new PUs so I can have the first 4 Sig Attacks, but I have no idea what to make it. Can anyone/everyone come up with some ideas for Binary's new sigs? They have to be computer-related, that's my only restriction.
60(Defense)+40(1hitbarriers)-40(Selfslow)=60

Quote (Binary Signature)

Language Access:FORTRAN:

FORTRAN was an incredibly old type of coding that was used in the past for multiple purposes, and is reputed to be the first type of code. Analyzed and submitted into Binary's database, however, Binary spits out quite a different effect. Speaking in various code, such as "STOP 10 PAUSE", he imitates the previous code, but imitating this code even for a brief moment to utilize its potential, however 'weak' it may be, it can be used for many useful things.

Effects:

[1:] Binary generates a 60 HP defense, with two one hit barriers stacked like a sandwich on either side of the defense.

[2:] Binary is slowed by one turn, thus his rank in dodges is decreased by one.

Turn Cooldown
-4 TCD
HOLY S**T THATS AWESOME!

I am so using that. Many thanks to Harbin/Eon Omega/Whatever you go by these days!

Quote (legoroy2)

But if the attack was 40dmg, they would still get hit by 30 through a 10 barrier.

He's trading a dodge for a one-hit barrier. Not that big of a deal. In fact, nearly useless. Blah.

Quote ()

Parry Falcon - LV.1 (60/15)
Using a hasty feint, Fencerman backdashes away from the oncoming assilant/projectile, creating two small cyclones in his wake.  Depending on whether the attack was melee or projectile, the primary cyclone will disperse the attack while the secondary chases after the foe.

1. Are Counter-attacks considered no-nos? I don't see anything dealing with Counters on the Sig Effects charts.

2. I'm not even sure how to label this as:
- Dodge (40) + X-Hit (20) (barring the 20 damage secondary cyclone if so)
- Tact. Move [which the attack is a retreat] (20) + X-Hit (20) + 20 dmg counter-attack.

'ppreciate the help!
Wooh. A revived thread. Hoorah.

Uhm, 60 damage AND a dodge, in one sig? I think thats kinda overdoing it for your first level sig attack. If you toned it down to maybe 50 or 40 damage, I think you could get away with it.