Signature Attack Help Thread

Quote (Kujajin)

Uhm, 60 damage AND a dodge, in one sig? I think thats kinda overdoing it for your first level sig attack. If you toned it down to maybe 50 or 40 damage, I think you could get away with it.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the Dodge costs (40) points from the pool. The only damage possibly done is the 20 from the 2nd cyclone.
You are correct. That attack would be a dodge (40) or a barrier (20) plus damage. Tactical movement seems unnecessary, and there is no need for both a dodge and a barrier.

That's interesting, though. I think it's because, technically, adding a dodge to your attack turns the attack into a free action (since a dodge is an action that could normally be taken without a sig attack.) However, depending on the moderator, a barrier might actually be more effective than a dodge-- it's certainly not *half* as effective.

Pally could explain this better.

Also, E-man, this is a very old thread hearkening back to the days of mostly unregulated signature attacks. :3
Yeah, sorry for the necroposting. Just couldn't find a better place to put it. I want to find the right course that would resemble a "parry" best; a simple dodge will not do.

Quote ()

Pally could explain this better.

BWAHAHAHAHA!! Yes, Pally could explain it better, but then my brain would turn to mashed potatoes afterwards...
We were discussing "Counter" effects though I do not believe that we gained much headway. If you would like to offer suggestions, please see the thread dedicated to such in the suggestion forum.
I forgot this even existed. Now we can help all you new users who are absolutely confused about sig attacks.
As much as we can with our limited knowledge.