Signature Attack Help Thread

Quite simply, I would word this differently. Perhaps having the ability to spend an action to set on fire or extinguish fire from evironmental objects?

Right now, I believe, you can just set the world on fire though it wont necessarily do damage. It's too loose. The intent is clear but not the restrictions or advantages.

And I suggest you use a better word than dousing
Got a concept...

Charge Trigger: Undecided level (passive)
When using a fire/normal/aqua/elec chip, Kanti may charge the chip for 2-3 turns in order to achieve various effects.

Elec Chip Charges

2 turns - Double damage for an elec chip.
3 turns - Triple damage for an elec chip.

Fire/Normal/Aqua Chip Charges

2 turns - Change chip element to Elec.
3 turns - Double damage, and change chip element to Elec.

(Wood chips are Elec's natural enemy, so they cannot be effected by this ability.)

Cooldown: 3 Turns?

Also unsure if this can be done, seeing as how the Sig is chip-dependent.
Update, because I really want these sigs D=

Haguro (Trans: Feather Black) [Level 3]

Shinokami flaps his wings once, creating a strong, yet harmless wind that blows ten black feathers towards his opponents. These feathers have 1HP each and do no damage by themselves. After two combat rounds, however, any surviving feathers explode, dealing 10 damage to a random target. By expending HP, more feathers can be created on a one-for-one basis, however no more than ten can be created by this means. Cooldown unknown. I'm thinking this part over.

Ame no Ohabari (Trans: Blade of Heaven) [Level 2]

Irkalla and/or Kafziel gain serrated edges, giving a +20 damage boost to Sword chips and normal/charged attacks, which lasts until the end of the current battle, however three combat rounds must have passed before this ability can be used. This effect can be cancelled willingly at any time. The serrated edge of the blade can move like that of a chainsaw and, by expending an action, can deal an additional 20 damage, followed by 2 damage over time per action the enemy uses for two turns. Once per battle only.
Huh... ever notice how most people seem to post their sigs and not even comment?

No matter

As for Nalerenn's stuff...

At first Haguro seems overpowered, but once you realize that it is 100-200 damage possible. but only takes effect two rounds later. The HP efficiency for the conversion is absurd, but if you really look at it, a level 3 sig should be doing around that anyway. It is really just giving you the option of not taking damage if it is for a more minor use.

I would say a three turn cooldown and it will likely be fine when you get up there. Two full combat rounds is a plenty large drawback for the damage this does.

The blade one however....

Basically you are giving yourself +20 damage to sword hits until the end of battle, after 3 turns has passed.

The add-on ability seems pretty much useless. Might in theory have a use in PvP against high speed enemies, but I would find it rare for you to find this an efficient use of an action. Very, very rare. Doesn't seem too overpowered, but forever is potentially a very long time. I am not in a position where I can judge that well.

Kemix...

I am relatively certain that your ability should say actions instead of turns, but I am not positive.

You might want to reword this "can charge elec element attacks" to make it a more general use, but I believe the original intention was for more specific activities than this. You also say that it has a cooldown but claim it is passive.... this is contradictory. I personally would have little issue with a short cooldown, but believe passive might be a bit much. Again though, I am not the best for determining such odd abilities.

It definately isn't horribly overpowered, at least.
I have a pretty good excuse for not commenting on others.... I'm still damned new, so I'm not a good judge of anything yet.

Yes, I meant actions instead of turns.

And I originally intended it to be passive, then I had a second thought and gave it a cooldown, of course, I forgot to move the passive label...

The main point of this would be chip conservation. If I have a good chance of hitting, I could use only one chip to do the damage of two, or even three. The other objective was element conversion. There aren't a whole lot of elec chips compared to the other kinds, so my objective is to find a way to use my element without too much digging around for specific chips. I'm kind of on the fence about having a cooldown or passive effect on this. Maybe add in a "Once a turn" limiter so I don't pull off two full charges in one turn when I max out speed?

@ Nalerenn: This is my attempt at being all smart about things.

Black Feather is impractical in my opinion. So you can get 200 damage at the expense of 10 HP, right? At least in the best of situations. So you mitigate that damageby having the bomb feathers be "pre-detonated" with only 1 HP a piece. In 1v1 combat, you can expect to deal approx 100 damage (purely an estimate) with your 10 HP sacrifice, or about 40-ish without the sacrifice. (Those numbers are based on what I could think up to do with limited chips and speed... I tend to have a "decent" estimation ability, so it should be "close enough") But this seems like the damage would be based on proximity to the target, making your damage much easier to deal with. I'm new to this though, so don't think this is anything close to the final say.

Not so sure on this "Blade of Heaven" (kinda steam-punk in my opinion with the whole chainsaw sword thing). Extra damage is nice, but the effect is... How to put this... Very very situational... I agree with Robo on this.
Kemix, the chip charge ability is a good move. Having to charge it and have a cooldown period really balances the fact that you could charge up some really powerful chips. However, do the chips change names, or does it say elec next to it or something? Example
====
1) Charge chip
2) Charge chip
3) Charge chip
4) Cannon(elec) [(40x2)+ same type element bonus damage]

Nalerenn - The feather attack is interesting. Using it against viruses and other "dumb" enemies would be a good idea, since they might not try to attack the feathers. Wide attack weapons may hit more than one feather, destroying them and causing the attack to be much easier. All in all, Haguro seems like a good strategy attack. I am having a hard time rating the sword move, though.

Now, for my signature attacks.... all I really have are names, and what they do in general.

DeSoul - it would probably attack one enemy with the TriScythe for low damage, but since it removes the enemy's "CoreData" (if a virus) or part of the CoreData (if a navi), it would cause some kind of negative effect on it.

ScytheBoomer - basically using the TriScythe as a boomerang.

Can somebody help me with ideas, please?

I was thinking level 2-3 for the ScytheBoomer, and 2-4 for the Desoul. I know that isn't very helpful, but I'm thinking that one of these should be level 2.0, and one should be 3.0
Adding to my signature attacks - the DeSoul slices "through" the enemy, literally. This pushes the CoreData out. ScytheBoomer - the TryScythe is spun very fast, then thrown. It spins so fast that it looks like a metal disc.
Okay, here's the mechanics:

Scytheboomer
Level of Signature Attack: 2

No other level 2, 3, 4, or 5 upgrades
Damage cap: 90
Damage: 30x3 or 45x2
Cooldown: 3

With the level 3
Damage cap: 100
Damage: 25x4

With both Level 2 upgrades, and the level 3
Damage cap: 115
Damage: 15x7, with a 10 damage slice at the end
Cooldown: Still 3

With the level 2, 3, and 4 upgrades
Damage cap: 115
Damage: 15x7, with a 10 damage slice at the end
Cooldown: 2

With ALL upgrades
Damage cap: 135
Damage: 45x3

Desoul
Level of Signature Attack: 3

No level 4 or 5 upgrades
Damage: 60
Effect: Opponent has a "poison" effect, draining 20 HP for the next two turns (while they restructure their data to compensate for core data loss).

Level 4 upgrade does nothing

Level 5 upgrade
Damage: 80
Effect: Opponent has a "poison" effect, draining 20 HP for the next two turns (while they restructure their data to compensate for core data loss).

Does that work?
This is a Sig attack that Ive had in my mind for a while, but Im not sure How I would implement it on Viruses, because it seems like a NAVI only attack. I dont know What level It should be either.

Static Surge:

Rapidman shoots out pluses of Electric energy at the enemy. While it does not take effect right away, every time the NAVI tried to load a Battle Chip, they take 10 Elec damage. This does not Prevent the Chips use. Lasts 3 turns.
Cooldown: once per battle

Level 2 Upgrades: 15 Damage, 3 turns
Level 3 Upgrades: 15 Damage, 4 turns
Level 4 Updrages: 20 Damage, 4 turns
Level 5 Upgrades: 20 Damage, 5 Turns

Quote (P.A. Master)

Uh...
You might just want to change that to "when they attack" instead of "when they use a chip".

That would probably work, though you'd have to put a limit on it so against a six-action navi it wouldn't do 180 damage at level 1.

Thats why I made it so it only worked against chips, but your way is probably better. Ok then. The Damage Caps for Each level are

Level 1: 90
Level 2: 110
Level 3: 130
Level 4: 150
Level 5: 170

I probably messed it up horribly, but ah well. This thing isnt set in stone anyways. Theres plenty of room for improvement.
Could this work?...

Sig Lvl: 1 [b]
Festival Fire:
As the heat of battle rages on, Alphonse's gauntlet and greaves starts to heat up from his fire based attacks and the friction of his attacks. Both of the armaments starts the turn charcoal black from it's metal luster, each altered separately. The gauntlet blurs the air with it's heat and anything he touches, the part of the gauntlet will catch on a spark of fire. Each time Alphonse punches, his gauntlet would inflict heavier damage with it's new fiery property. The greave's exterior is also charcoal black, but doesn't alter the air from it's heat. But, petit smokes vent out from the sole of the greaves. The sole of the greave is super heated, making every step Alphonse take a burst of fire on his sole, creating a short, but efficient speed boost.

-When activated, lasts thru the entire battle
-When Alphonse uses 5 Punch type attacks, he gains +5 fire-attack to all his buster/charge/offensive sigatk.
-When Alphonse uses 5 Kick type attacks, he gains a higher chance to evade for one turn.
That smells like awesome, Goroke.

Turn limit, though? Would the Sig end when the bonus damage reaches a maximum level (ex. 70 damage)?
Oh...I didn't think about that o_o.

I'll put the limit like this...
Lvl 1 [b] (default):
5 Punch: +5 fire [Limit: +20]
5 Kick: Evasion raise
Lvl 1 [c]:
Lvl 2 [A]:
5 Punch: +6 fire [Limit: +24]
Lvl 2 [b]:
5 Punch: +7 fire [Limit: +28]
Lvl 3:
5 Punch: +8 [Limit: +32]
4 Kick: Evasion raise
Lvl 4:
5 Punch: +9 [Limit: +36]
Lvl 5:
5 Punch: +10 [Limit: +40]
3 Kick: Evasion raise

I'm not sure if this is balanced or not...

EDIT: OR...

Lvl 1 [b] (default):
Lvl 1 [c]:
Lvl 2 [A]:
Lvl 2 :
Lvl 3:
4 Punch: +7 [Limit: +28]
Lvl 4:
4 Punch: +8 [Limit: +32]
Lvl 5:
3 Punch: +9 [Limit: +36]
3 Kick: Evasion raise
Last time I tried to make a passive attack, the mods were going off into discussions about if there were a passive and stuff o_o. Also, I'll try to add if I can add the effects into chips
Sorry to break up a conversation. The SigAttacks you came up with for me are awesome, P.A. Master. However, which Process Upgrades do I need to buy for each to be able to use them? I've never understood it.

Quote (P.A. Master)

I wouldn't try it, if I were you.

What level sig are you expecting this to be?

the 2nd level 1 sig o_o
Yes. It helps a lot. Thank you very much.
I have an idea for a Passive Level 1 sig, but would like to know what people think.

Flesh to Power

Splitman, already disjointed from pain, converts the energy of his own body to boost his attacks. Portions of his body consumed by this ability glow then -become- red, negative energy, boosting an attack. All that remains is a skeleton of the portion used in this manner.

Splitman may boost any attack by x damage by sacrificing x life at the same time. This is only usable while he is currently break-type.
Cool, but I believe that the amount of power you can gain has to have a damage cap.