Discussion: Strange Happenings...

Strange anomalies on the net specifically in Electown, Yumland, Sharo, and Netfrica...
Hoo boy... I know what's up. Dammit. Nothing I could do anyway.
-Sin

Intriguing.
-FantasyGirl
Seraphim, you seem to have a very loose grip on the situation. Are you sure you're okay? Perhaps the battling's taken a little something out of you?
-Rania Firebrand

Ha ha ha! It's okay, he's talking about furthering himself, you see? Building his muscle! I approve!
-MeleeMan.EXE

Well... if you say so. I'm torn; do we need to evacuate Yumland Net quickly or would this sort of response be jumping the gun only to publicly embarass the Net Police at a later date? Really, either way, the Net Police are the ones who stand to lose major image over the situation.
-Rania Firebrand
This feels familiar, very familiar. I can already see that those who have been Netbattling for long enough remember the same thing that I do. Slow proccessing speeds? New virus infections?

Hmph. The police just don't learn.

~Kazuhiro
This sounds vaguely familiar. They're...still out there?

-Duke Rigel
Hm, I remember now. I saw it on the news when I was ten...

This Jay character might have known what he was talking about.

<Swift>
Fire. Water. Thunder. Wood.

All were reborn of our Darkness, a Darkness that will soon consume them.

Not even their Light shall bar our path... and all shall tremble from our might.
Hmhmhm...
Heh heh...
Pffaahaha!

Aaah... I'm sorry, I shouldn't find something like that funny.

It seems, though, that you are too wrapped up trying to sound mysterious. While I'm sure you have only the worst of intentions, the end result is nothing short of hilarious.

Why don't you anonymous posters ever come out and say anything clear? It must be very annoying, having to talk through a veil of cool obfuscation all the time.

<Swift>
"It seems as though the Internet has proven itself to be completely incapable of defending itself. Are the NetPolice going to need civilians to take care of this situation, too? Perhaps they could attempt to accomplish something themselves rather than relying on the mass populace for once."

-Raiden.EXE
Yeah, Swift, there are always people trying to drum up controversy with Anonymous posting and the like. I wouldn't give it too much thought, if I were you: Even if this person knows more, I doubt they're giving it to us here. This could very well be some little appetizer they've cooked up in the form of poetry to keep us on a mouse hunt.

Like I said, this is just further evidence that the Net needs its users to band together and stand against threats!

-Hal Belfast
-Belfast Avatars, Inc.
-no contact info available at this time
Yeah. Whatever happens is going to happen regardless of ridiculous little notes. Panicking at something like this would be stupid. After all, nothing's happened yet, and there's nothing that can be done to prevent what they're talking about. They've insured we don't even know what they're talking about. And when nothing can be done, you can relax. When something needs to be done, and can be done, that is the time for action.

To tell you the truth, I'm looking forward to whatever this is. It's been a while since I've had much fun.

<Swift>
Anon, you should know that, in my years' experience, nothing has ever come of a shadowy post like yours. You aren't fooling anyone.
I've always wondered if all of those types of Anon posts are made by the same person. I picture them as an old mystic guy that talks like he posts. XD

Anyway, this doesn't change the fact that there are problems on the net. And while I'm usually not the hero type, this is the sort of problem that can hurt everyone, so I'll try to help as best I can.
-Steve

DRUIDMAN.EXE IS MEDITATING

Quote (Anonymous)

Fire. Water. Thunder. Wood.

All were reborn of our Darkness, a Darkness that will soon consume them.

Not even their Light shall bar our path... and all shall tremble from our might.

Whoo, boy. Someone/thing's being a drama queen/king/it.

But this slow processing speed thing is worrying me. It almost sounds like some contrived plot device from a video game. Meh. When you go out to fight viruses with a netnavi every day, this kind of stuff should be expected.
Here's the thing: Electronics break. The web is just a big thing, made from many electronics. Who's to say that it's not just a minor malfunction?
...It would appear that I can't escape this, as history likes to repeat itself...

Who am I, you ask? Why, I'm the one navi who knows everything.

It has been a long 7 years...

...But I have returned.

-Fear the Scythe of Blood.
Seven years...

Why does everything revolve around that number?

Anyway... Scythe of... blood? I could have sworn I've heard that before.

Gunner, you've been around on the Net far longer than I. Input?

Yeah, I think I know this guy. The scythe part rings a bell, at least.

Well, welcome back... I've heard a lot about you, though I've never had the pleasure of meeting you face-to-face.

<Swift and Gunner.EXE>
A scythe, eh? You're practically Captain Obvious by now, 'mystery person'. Trying to find Silvia again? Pathetic.

- A. Darkholme -
Scythe of Blood? You don't mean...

-Pianissimo

Pfft, another dramatic one. Why can't you people just STAY in the hole you crawled out of? Seriously. You lost. The LAST thing you needed to do is come back seven years later trying to pick a fight again.

-Duke Rigel
Back? The news reported years ago that your last backup had been deleted. I'm sorry, but without any evidence we of the Netbattling community should take you for a history pundit with a penchant for sick jokes. I'd have other words for the real "Scythe of Blood," but I hardly think the Net's going to tremble in his wake even if he does return.

-Hal Belfast
-Belfast Avatars, Inc.
-no contact info available at this time
I have to admit, this is odd. Wasn't this guy all about being left alone seven years ago?

<Gunner.EXE>
Well... it would appear I'm not the only one who seven years can change.

In case it wasn't completely and utterly obvious from the comment I left before, yes, I'm back.

I'm also heavily changed-- For the better, I assure you --and I'm coming for you first, Darkholme brat.

In the meanwhile... as much as I love stealing News Server's topics with something completely unrelated, I'll end this lovely little conversation with this:

I'm back. And I've gotten rid of my emo streak.

-Drakkas