Signature Attack Q&A

As I said in my previous post, if you chill a sig with 1 CD left, it will be usable next turn. Two turns in a row of the same attack is perfectly fine after chilling. You can not, however, do the same attack twice in one turn, as chilling only reduces the CD to 0, and does not make it ready for use- you still have to wait for next turn.

Example 2 is acceptable, but of course, you can't put Sig Chill on the sig that contains the chill itself, as the sig has no cooldown yet.

Anything Planar will not work on non-elemental terrain. It will turn itself off.

As for Planar Casing/Barrier resisting terrain effects, as said before, I am not sure of. Try asking in the chat.

EDIT: Derp, it seems FloatShoes doesn't negate your ability to do Planar defenses. How quaint.
I've had an idea for a passive signature that would heal my Navi by 15 points each turn using the healing core effect. I have a question about this: Is the passive cap in passive signature points or normal signature points? I just want to be sure before I register my sig.
For those wondering, I've already done the calculations, and with two process upgrades I can make this signature:
15 healing/turn (20 passive points)
20 passive points = 80 signature points.
So I think that I can make this work.

Quote (Delta.exe)

I've had an idea for a passive signature that would heal my Navi by 15 points each turn using the healing core effect. I have a question about this: Is the passive cap in passive signature points or normal signature points? I just want to be sure before I register my sig.
For those wondering, I've already done the calculations, and with two process upgrades I can make this signature:
15 healing/turn (20 passive points)
20 passive points = 80 signature points.
So I think that I can make this work.

Your Navi level is 5, so your Max Passive Cap is 20 points (see Sig Attack System 3.5 thread). The passive point cap is the base amount of points you can use before it can be converted (points x4) into a passive sig. So since the amount of points you will use (20) is within the cap limit (20), it's legal.
Thank you. I just wanted to be sure about it before I made the sig.
Can anybody else want to shed some more light on my Planar question in regards to where the damage goes?

Quote ()

Quote (Example3)

NaviA lands on lava panels, activating his Planar Casing ability and creating a 40 HP casing resistant to Fire attacks.

Two questions:

{1} Would the damage incurred from lava panels damage the navi, or the casing?

{2} Would said damage be halfed, due to it being the same element?

And yet another general question: if Glass (and the other listed null-comparable types) are considered to be null, does this mean that Planar-type attacks do not function on them?

1. Navi. Terrain damage ignores defenses.

2. Moot, since the Casing isn't taking the damage.

3. Right. Everything from Sand down on the Terrain list is non-elemental, and thus does not work with Planar effects.

Quote ()

Strengthen: Add 1:1 Damage [This ability allows you to add damage to a single Chip or Charged Buster attack. The damage does not stack over multiple hits or multiple targets and does not duplicate itself for multiple targets, or multiple hits, but the damage is splittable. This ability cannot be used to imbue Effects, only damage.]

Just to clarify, that means if you strengthen an Aqua-based, single-hitting chip, and said chip is fired at an Elec enemy, then both the original value and the strengthen amount both get doubled, yes? Somebody said that it isn't counted, that it's just added to the end of the attack, but I see nothing there that indicates that. Elements are not effects, things like Stun and Blind are effects.
It's added to the original total, and not the final. Proof can be found from Bomber's Explosive GolemHit2 maneuver.

An Aqua-imbued GolemHit2, strengthened with 120 Strengthen and 15 Buff, dropped onto Lava does 650 damage to one target. (190+120+15)*2=650.

Quote (Sj)

Just to clarify, that means if you strengthen an Aqua-based, single-hitting chip, and said chip is fired at an Elec enemy, then both the original value and the strengthen amount both get doubled, yes?

You mean Fire enemy.
So I'm new but I was apart of another megaman RP...i was going to convert that character to this RP but I had a question regarding his power. His power is basically the ability to make copies of himself. The copies have all his memories and other powers but each copy divides his hp and stanima among himself and the copies. Example making 1 copy halves his current hp between himself and the copy. It doesn't half max hp or stanima just current of the version making the copy. When a copy is deleted or times out or is called back all memories and remaining hp and stanima are transferred to all remaining copies and the original. Well question is this power allowed and if so how would I create it in this rps system? Sorry If I rambled alot...
First off, welcome!

Secondly, we do not have a specific ability like that. We do have the ability to make clones that can have your user's appearance, the Decoy effect. They only take 1 attack and can't launch attacks, so it wouldn't be quite what you described, but if you combine it with HP sacrifice to make more of them it might be pretty similar.

I'm not really sure we have ever looked at the possibility of a sig that splits the user navi, but its interesting to think about. The main tricky part would be our action system. Each turn your player gets 3-6 depending on his speed upgrades, but 3 is the default. Any real splitting either would have to split those too or be very expensive and you see where things would get hairy. However, we do have a suggestions forum if you would like to propose a new sig type, and we could definitely look at anything you thought up.
If I'm being honest I wasn't 100% sure you guys where still active...alroght ill head over there
Given what our current system does and allows, there is... well something of a way you can do what you are suggesting, though it would be expensive, it'd definitely be something that could be built towards and make for an interesting theme with a navi. Object summons, if you make a navi with the summoner subtype you get a bonus to them. As for making the clones themselves, well that's where it gets a little tricky. To mimic the effects you are wanting though, there are steps that can be used.

The first would be the hp sacrifice nerf, this damages(in 15HP sets), but increases how many points you can use in a signature, then using objects, you could create a body double of the navi, it wouldn't have high hp until later levels, but you could also give it a passive movement, and a passive attack.

In this way, you could create an object that looks like the navi, and gets 1 movement and 1 attack each turn, which can more or less give the feel of what you are wanting. Naturally as you gain levels, you could increase the summon's power, it's costly, but doable.

Another option is to use a decoy summon, and in the signature include an attack, there is no rule that says attacks must always originate from the navi, so you can fluff it to originate from the decoy easily enough and it'd be allowed. Like above you could use the sacrifice nerf to give more points towards the signature.

The drawback to the first one, is of course the cost, it'd be highly expensive per object, that said, there really is no limit to how many you could make, as objects stay on the field until destroyed or the battle ends. So you could in theory build an army of them if the battle lasts a long time.

The drawback of the second is that decoys have a limit of staying in play for a single turn(unless you pay more to give it longer duration), so while it's the overall cheaper option, it's limited to how many turns you want it active, likewise decoys are destroyed by a single hit, since they effectively have an hp of 1.

Well, hope that at least answers your question on the idea, pretty clever. If you feel like it, hit us up on our discord and can freely talk about the ideas there, as pretty much everyone that's active is on there when not posting here. So you'll find the most active members in the chatroom there.

Welcome to the forum though, hope you enjoy yourself.
Thank you for the suggestion I really like the first one actually thank you alot! I wanted to clarify something with navi cust really quick. So the ability to fly requires both float and air shoes. Does the body pack count since it does include both? I assume it does but last time I assumed something like that I was proven wrong.

Quote (damionkie)

Thank you for the suggestion I really like the first one actually thank you alot! I wanted to clarify something with navi cust really quick. So the ability to fly requires both float and air shoes. Does the body pack count since it does include both? I assume it does but last time I assumed something like that I was proven wrong.
Yes.
Okay, quick question about Split-Effect: Can it be extended to more than two effects directly or through layering it?

Quote (Delta.exe)

Okay, quick question about Split-Effect: Can it be extended to more than two effects directly or through layering it?

It may only be two effects per Split-Effect.
However, you may put multiple Split-Effects into a single signature.

Ex. Split-Effect(20 HP Barrier OR 20 HP Casing) + Split-Effect(Shadow OR Invisibility).
[(20+20)/2]+[(80+80)/2]=100 sig pts (3 TCD).
The Navi either gets a 20 HP Barrier OR a 20 HP Casing, and also gets either Shadow OR Invisibility for 1 Turn.
Okay, but what about something like:
Split-Effect(20 HP Barrier OR Split-Effect(Shadow OR Invisibility))
Is that legal, or not?

Quote (Delta.exe)

Okay, but what about something like:
Split-Effect(20 HP Barrier OR Split-Effect(Shadow OR Invisibility))
Is that legal, or not?

No, that would not be legal.
Got it. Thank you for answering my question.