Signature Attack Q&A

Now its my turn for a question.

What do you think, how would a passive work with charge/recovery time as a nerf?
I have a few ideas...
- you are forced to use the sig every turn (since sigs can't be turned off) thus loosing an action every turn. (but then what happens if you have more charge time nerfes in sigs than the number of actions you have?)
- you can only use the effect if you have actions left at the end of the turn (but then it means you can turn it off...)
- the sig spends one turn charging/recovering and the other turn firing (unlikely, abusable with low cost signatures)
- can't apply to passives (meh...)

So... what do you think?
Well, it would and it wouldn't. Why is it that people see crosses as a means to shift element/subtype? I had always seen it for the other bonuses it gave, let alone the deeper meaning to it: That you're establishing a friendship with the other person. I mean, maybe I'm being weird here, but I don't just go looking for any ol' scrub to cross with, nor do I seek out someone purely because they have abilities that can be taken advantage of. But eh. I just never saw the E/S shift to be so meaningful to a cross that having someone do it without such would cheapen the experience. Eh.

Quote ()

- can't apply to passives (meh...)

Bingo.

*Sneaks off to add that proviso before someone literal minded thinks they can do it anyway...*

meh

List update please XD

Quote (Knight)

Not to mention that subtypes are quite easy to emulate, maybe with the exception of recover.

That, and if sigs that change subtypes/elment were allowed, there'd be almost no uniqueness in crosses. If you want an ability that changes your sig/subtype, go, get a cross.

>_>......

But then again, you cant make a second (and third, and fourth, ect.) registration and netbattle alongside your first navi for your set of fake-beast-out sigs.
How do the buster modifications (Shot Base, Charge Base, Spectral Base, etc.) work? What do they actually do? Also, does Take Aim work for one action, all actions during the turn used, or all actions?
((Bump))
Instead of the points you spend on a buster based effect, you get the dmg of your buster... say, you get a sig that is double shot based (40*2=80 points), it will deal two times your buster shot (atk*rpd*2) dmg.
Hey! A couple questions about hp barriers in sigs.

1) If I were to restrict an hp barrier to only work against one element, would it provide more protection for it's cost than usual? Such as, say, I decided that the hp barrier didn't work against anything but Fire attacks, would I then get say, 4hp per point spent? I know it makes the barrier a little rediculous, but very one dimensional. FOr example, Aqua, Elec, Wood, Sword, and Break attacks can get through that Fire Barrier no problem.

Is this a valid idea, or nerfed for some reason, and if so what reason?

2) Do your navi's elemental weaknesses and resistances apply before the barrier, or after it? If before, that makes it easier for your weakness to overcome your defenses, but harder for those your strong against to damage you. If the barrier applies first, then is the resistance/weakness aplied to the total damage, or just the damage that got through?
We're currently working on that. I'll get back to you with an answer as soon as we've nailed it down.

Quote ()

Small-area Terrain Effect: 10 [A panel or two. About 1/8 of the field, tops.]
Medium-area Terrain Effect: 20 [Seeds. Usually about 1/6 to 1/4 of the field.]
Large-area Terrain Effect: 40 [Zones and lines. Usually 1/3 to 2/3 the field.]
Stage Change: 100 [The entire battlefield.]

Do these only change panel types, or can they be used for damage and healing sigs as well?

If not, is there a way to implement them? And please don't say Spread or the like, as I would prefer an aoe effect thats an actual area, and not guy A + spread to guy B.
Those are just for terrain changes.

I have been working on AoE for a long time now... But, I'm not going to answer this question here. I think this should be discussed before anything more is said about AoE.
I wanted to know about the ability of moving objects from one place to another. Such as moving an object across spaces along the field, or even in Empress's effect the very fabric of matter itself, warping them from one place to another, even on the opponent's side of the field. Is that an idea effect, or is it forbidden?
Let's make sure I've got this right before I revive Memoriam for the last time. It's sort of my duty to understand this... and to start contributing again.

-REFUND-

Process Upgrade level 1: 3000 Zenny Each
Process Upgrade level 2: 5000 Zenny Each

I have: 1.1, 1.2, 2.0

refund (3k + 3k + 5k)

cost (.1k + .2k + .3k + .4k + .5k + .6k + .7k)

cost 2.8k

Net 11k - 2.8k = 8.2k

-BUDGET-

Energybombx2= 1.2k
SigAtkExp 8= 0.8k
HPmem=  2.0k
SigAtkExp 9= 0.9k
NaviCustExpx2= 2.5k
SigAtkExp 10= 1.0k
--------------------
Total=  7.4k
Remaining= 0.8k

Power cap [60 + 40(L)]

Power cap 460
@Zane: I think you could use pushback/microburst for that, simply using the attack on an object. I don't know about bringing someone/ something closer though...

Quote (Zolem)

Hey! A couple questions about hp barriers in sigs.

1) If I were to restrict an hp barrier to only work against one element, would it provide more protection for it's cost than usual? Such as, say, I decided that the hp barrier didn't work against anything but Fire attacks, would I then get say, 4hp per point spent? I know it makes the barrier a little rediculous, but very one dimensional. FOr example, Aqua, Elec, Wood, Sword, and Break attacks can get through that Fire Barrier no problem.

Is this a valid idea, or nerfed for some reason, and if so what reason?

2) Do your navi's elemental weaknesses and resistances apply before the barrier, or after it? If before, that makes it easier for your weakness to overcome your defenses, but harder for those your strong against to damage you. If the barrier applies first, then is the resistance/weakness aplied to the total damage, or just the damage that got through?

Any luck with the answer yet?

Quote (Via PM)

Explain to me, if you would, what this means. If one were to be hit with a breaking attack...Would they receive double DMG or does it mean it would count for 2 Attacks against the X-Hit Shield? What happens if the shield is broken by a breaking attack?

Those are very good questions.

To clarify, Shields take double damage from Break attacks, and only Shields. Shields can be in other forms as well, such as body armor and such, but that's beside the point. In the case of X-Hit Shields, they count as two hits, instead of 1. If the Break Attack would destroy the shield, it will break through and hit the Navi as well, guaranteed. However, please remember that Break Attacks may still pass through full strength Shield Type defenses under special circumstances or even on a very rare random occasion for no apparent reason.

Hope that helps.
Just a quck trivia. When you gain the Object Status, does that mean navi's with the Wind element can move you around using their talent?
Nope. That would be hax.

They just eat mega damage from Break.
Hmmm...I've run across a problem given that I have, essentially, a copper for a Navi. How would one go about creating a SigAttk that mimics handcuffs? Sadly, the only think I can think of would be locks for all attacks...Unless, perhaps an effect that prevented someone from targetting others with ranged attacks? Melee attacks would still be usable in the form of shoulder tackles and what not...Bah, any ideas?