Signature Attack Q&A

Öh wow... we really need to revise the rule topics if there is so much confusion.

Okay, signatures can be used like chips, pretty much one action=one signature.

CD is for how many turns you have to wait to reapply them, and yes, they can be used in the battle multiple times (if you don't finish the battle before the CD is over :P)

Passive signatures don't have a CD, they work all the time. Think of them like normal signatures that you can use every turn of the battle for free, as they require no actions.
Does this mean you can use them in regular virus battles?

And by CD = Turns before using again, is that "turns" as in actions, or posts?
It can be used in any battle, yes.

One turn (usually)=one post or in other words, (when you start out) 3 actions.

So if you fight... 10 metools in ACDC or something, and you use a 1turn CD sig attack on turn 1, it is in cooldown on turn 2, and you can use it again on turn 3. Then it goes into cooldown on turn 4, and you can use it again (if you wish) on turn 5, etc...
I guess what I meant was (although I think I know the answer already) can you still perform other attacks while in cooldown?
Yes you can. It is the signature move that is in cooldown and not all your moves. Being unable to act for multiple turns after an attack would make them very very useless and underpowered.

Quote (Signature Attack Effect List)

NC Crash: 120 (Per Round, Per Target) [Disables an enemy's NC for X turns. Does not uninstall, however. Bypasses Anti-Debuffing clauses, except NC Guard.]

Folder Crash: 120 (Per Round, Per Target) [Disables an enemy's ability to use New battlechips for X turns. Bypasses Anti-Debuffing clauses, except Folder Guard.]

Sig Crash: 120 (Per Round, Per Target) [Disables an enemy's ability to use Sig Attacks for X+1 turns. Forces all sigs into a mandatory cooldown period, even passives. Bypasses Anti-Debuffing clauses, except Sig Guard.]

Buster Crash: 120 (Per Round, Per Target) [Disables an enemy's ability to use the Buster for X turns. Bypasses Anti-Debuffing clauses, except Sig Guard. Less expensive than other Crash effects.]

Why does Buster Crash Say "Less expensive than other Crash effects." if they all cost 120, last the same amount of time, and have the same number of targets?

Also, could a brief description of what "Automated" and "Operated" Objects do be added to the Effect list? I mean, their effects can be guessed at, but they aren't explicitly stated (as far as I could find).

I don't know if this belongs here, but I couldn't think of a better place to put it, so here it is.
I don't know if this is answered, but can Poison be used as a nerf?
I don't understand this rule

Multi-Target Attribute: +1x hit cap per target [Attack targets multiple foes directly. By this we mean you shoot at, or slash at, or whatever your attack does directly at multiple, separate individuals, all in one signature. This is not the same as multi-hit, obviously.]

What's +1x hit cap per target? Can someone explain this formula very clearly and with examples please? Maybe even a small table?
It is an unnecessary wording for covering how to hit multiple things at once potentially.

Best I can tell this is basically pointless, sigs work the same way as they always did with damage splitable however you want. This is just a different way of saying that.

It is designed so that it is clear.

eg.

30x2 is the exact same thing functionally as 30 to 2 targets and costs the same.

Poison cannot yet be used as a nerf, I believe it says that explicitly.
All poison says is
Poison: 20 (Per round, per target) [Causes HP to fall at a rate of 5 HP per action taken.]

I don't see why you couldn't use it as a nerf, but then again I'm not the one who goes around approving sigs.
Main reason is that you'd do a massive Poison nerf and then use Status Cure or some hax shit like that to get rid of it instantly. D:
Pretty much what demon says.

I'd like to add that even if it wasn't curable (in other words, we say it's a bug and not poison), you could end the battle well before it takes full effect (unless it only poisons you for one turn, which is kind of meh), or use it at the end of your turn (LOL, I TAKE 5 POISON DMG XD).

I'm not a big fan of action based effects mixed with turn based duration in general, but using poison as a nerf would take the hax trophy in this category

Quote (RoboTek)

It is an unnecessary wording for covering how to hit multiple things at once potentially.

Best I can tell this is basically pointless, sigs work the same way as they always did with damage splitable however you want. This is just a different way of saying that.

It is designed so that it is clear.

eg.

30x2 is the exact same thing functionally as 30 to 2 targets and costs the same.

Poison cannot yet be used as a nerf, I believe it says that explicitly.

basically, add the total cost again for each target....
misread some text. nevermind.
Right. If I want to buy some upgrade or other (forgot the name) to scrap my 60-point starter sig and use the 20 points I have left in my pool to make an 80-point sig, how much would said upgrade cost?
If you're just making the signature "make a bigger boom" (IE: Adding a small effect or just plain adding damage), nothing. You can do that for free, yo.

If you're wanting to completely slice n' dice the sig and REFUND the points so you can make something completely different...

Quote ()

Process Edit: Xz, where X is your current cap.

You're level 6, yes?

Quote ()

Level Range = Max Active Cap Allowed (Max Active Nerf Cap) / Max Passive Cap Allowed
------------------------------
0-4 = 60 (90) / 15 (Start)
5-9 = 100 (150) / 20
10-14 = 140 (210) / 25
15-19 = 180 (270) / 30
20-24 = 220 (330) / 35
25-29 = 260 (390) / 40
30-34 = 300 (450) / 45
35-39 = 340 (510) / 50
40-44 = 380 (570) / 55
45-49 = 420 (630) / 60
50-54 = 460 (690) / 65
55+ = 500 (750) / 70 (MAXED)

There is your answer. A Process Edit for YOU would cost 100z.

Check the rules/shop stock next time, boyo! Hee hee hee!
Thank'ee.

Quote ()

[30 Damage Heal {40} / 2TCD] OR [20 Damage Life Drain {40} / Melee {Free} / 2TCD] {80 pts}

Is this ok? I personally doubt it, but I wanna use it like that >___>

Or there's this, which would most likely be used in the later future.

Quote ()

[8x10 Damage {80} / Long {Free}] {80 pts}
Why don't you just split it into two attacks
30 heal - 40 points - 1TCD
20 drain - 40 points - 1TCD

You can use both on the same turn (with 2 actions), or alternate between the two throughout the battle since it's only 1TCD.

EDIT - If it's an issue with the name (ie. you want the same name to apply to both signature attacks) I'm pretty sure you can make a minor name change in brackets. It's just for the sake of simplicity.

I realized this is pretty much what I do with my Court Change sig.
Yea...it was an issue with the name. I guess I'll take your tip and make two sigs^^. Thanks Pocket~