Signature Attack Q&A

Mm. Recovery Action is a ridiculously bad nerf to use anyway. 40 points for cutting your DPS (if you'll pardon the term) in half? No thanks.
I agree. We are working on sorting some other effects out, once they are done we will probably revisit recovery/charge time (BTW they only add 30 points).
If one was to have a Life Drain sig with an element, if that attack was used on an enemy that is weak to set element, would you get double the heal as well?

For example, let's say I have a wood HP Drain attack of 40 HP called Leech (couldn't care less.) If Leech is used on an Elec navi, would it zap 80 HP instead?

Also, can the health absorbed from HP Drain be distributed to another ally?
That first question was already asked before elsewhere, so I remember the precedent.

Damage is doubled for lifedrain by elemental modifiers, healing is not. (Otherwise it would be ridiculously good)

I don't know about distribution to another ally, but it would seem reasonable (definately if it only did that)
Man, I've been gone so long, I almost forgot about this site. I've been looking through here, and I'm wondering, is it possible to make a sig where I temporarily change one of my chips to a random one for that battle? Of course, I would have to use it the next turn.
Don't think so, unless Glitch or Randomize has one such effect that I wouldn't know.

Quote (zyborg)

Man, I've been gone so long, I almost forgot about this site. I've been looking through here, and I'm wondering, is it possible to make a sig where I temporarily change one of my chips to a random one for that battle? Of course, I would have to use it the next turn.

Unless someone stealth changed it, chip assisted sigs are still banned.
*cough cough* Ack. A bit dusty in here. Guess everyone's smart enough to figure things out for themselves nowadays. : |

Anyway, i'm still getting my ass kicked by the Object Summoning rules, since my discussions on the chat elicit rules that don't seem to be written down anywhere. So here's a few things on my mind.

Quote ()

Object W/Sig Cost ((120HP = 120) + ((Movement = 20) Automated = 60) + (("Object Melee Attack" = 60) Automated = 180) + (Buster Lock nerf = -80) = (120 + 60 + 180 - 80) = (360 - 80) = 280/440points) = [210 points, 290 8CD]

"Object Melee Attack":  ((Melee Type + 30 Damage + (Break = 20) + (Knockback = 10)) = 60) 

So this is an object that every turn will move around and smack someone upside the head. Above is the calculated cost of one interpretation of its abilities. The HP, Automated Movement and Automated Attack could come up to 360 points, which is 9 TCD. With the Buster Lock nerf it becomes 280 points, although the total 440 makes it 11 TCD.

This is all straightforward, but then comes in Blueprints which makes object sigs cost 1/4-Of-Total less. If I understand correctly, this only effects the points I put in from my sig pool, which makes the 280 points into 210. So then the 80 nerf puts the total TCD points in the 290s for 8 TCD.

I just wanted someone to verify my thinking in case I balls something up along the way.
You couldn't make that Sig now even if you wanted to due to the cap on Sigs at your level.

Anyway. The turn cooldown is based on the total amount of points. Not the points used for the Sig from your pool, but the points if you add all effects to each other. In this case it would be 11 TCD as you claimed. Blueprints does not decrease TCD, only points used.
Yeah, that's why I don't have any object sigs now. Saving up for when they're worth it.

Thanks for the input. (^.^ )b
In the subtypes section, it lists that Recovery-type navis can heal for the cost of 3:3 sig points instead of 3:4.

Question: What about HP Drain? This is also technically a form of recovery, shouldn't it get a discount as well?

EDIT: Also, if an attack has a Multi-Hit Attribute clause (NOT Spread/Blast/Nova), can the entire attack still be aimed at one target in the absence of other targets to spread to?
No, Drain doesn't and will not get a discount from Recover subtype. Your last question is asking about Multi-Target, not Multi-Hit, since Multi-Hit only has one target. The answer is no, Multi-Target can not be re-combined towards a single or fewer target(s).
Okay. Next question: multi-hitting multi-target attack. Is it allowed? Also, would effects be allowed?

Example: 4 attacks of 5 damage with Break attribute, copied to 3 targets.
( ( 5 x 4 ) + 20 ) x 3 ) = 120 points.
Curious if imbue elements and terrain changes can exist in one signature attack, that clearly shows that it is of opposing elements.

EDIT: Example: Imbue aqua element with Lava terrain change.
Yeah, Multi-Target and Multi-Hit together is fine. And no, you can't have Imbue Aqua and Lava terrain change (one example) in the same sig. A section of the rules in the first post of the sig effect list states that elemental damage and terrain effects fall under the illegal combinations.
If I use a STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) move that multi-hits like a 5x6 hitter doing 30 total how much dmg would I get for the STAB extra dmg? Would it be like 10x6 for 60 dmg or 35 dmg for 5x6 + 5? What happens if one hit is dodged or blocked? 10x5 for 50 dmg or 5x5 for 25 + 5 for 30? I'm confused...I think I confused you as well...
Your signature attacks do not get elemental boosts, that only applies to battlechips.
Okay, time to get some questions answered that have been bugging me for a while:

Quote ()

Imbue Element: 20 (40 if off-elemental) [Allows you to add an element to a Null Element attack. The element must be declared when you register this ability, and can only target a Null Element attack. You cannot use this ability on a Rapid Buster Attack (known as a Buster Shot), but it may be used on any Null-Element offensive or defensive ability. You cannot imbue multiple elements on a single attack. It costs 20 if you are imbuing your element, and costs 40 if it is any other element. You cannot select Null as a choice. [b]Elemental Bonuses do not apply to attacks affected by this effect[/b]]

{1} From what I've seen so far in the discussion, this means that if I have a Null-type chip and imbue it with Elec, and then fire it at a Aqua-type enemy, the attack will not deal double damage. What is the point of imbuing an element if you can't actually use it advantages? The only way that could then be effective is if it reacts to terrains in the usual manner (eg. Fire burns Grass panels to double power), but by definition that's still an elemental bonus...

Quote ()

Sig Chill: 40  [Lower CD on a target's sig currently on CD by 1 per instance of this effect.]

{2} Can this be used to instantly cooldown an attack activated within the same turn? There is a message in General Debuffs that says they take effect next turn, but that message does not appear on the General Buffs.

{3} On that same attack, it states "on a target's sig" for who it can affect. Does this rule out the user as a target?

Quote ()

Planar Casing: 1 point = 1 Casing HP; 20 HP Minimum [Summons an elemental armor casing for your Navi that picks up the elemental properties of the terrain you are currently standing on, including weaknesses. The Casing is strong against its own element, and takes only half damage from it. DOES NOT FUNCTION on non-elemental terrain types, and will vanish if terrain shifts to non-elemental. Immune to Break. Counts as a Casing.]

{4} This (as well as Planar Shield and Barrier) protect one from the effects of the terrain itself? For example, although a lava terrain will create a Fire-resistant casing, will it stop the 10 HP imposed for standing on lava for non-Fire-type navis?

{5} Do Planar abilities use terrain not part of the four mains (lava, sea, metal, grass)? For example, can standing on Glass terrain create a Glass-resistant casing?

Quote ()

Also, NONE of these effects operate correctly if you are not in contact with the ground, either physically, or technically. We, the staff, decide what counts as technically based on your character and the situation. -- PaladinGC

{6} Obviously OmniShoes negates this feature, but does this mean that equipping FloatShoes would disable the ability to use Planar attacks?

Quote ()

Strengthen: Add 1:1 Damage [This ability allows you to add damage to a single Chip or Charged Buster attack. The damage does not stack over multiple hits or multiple targets and does not duplicate itself for multiple targets, or multiple hits, but the damage is splittable. [b]This ability cannot be used to imbue Effects, only damage.[/b]]

{7} Not sure if this is what the bolded part is getting at, but when Strengthen is used to add damage to element chips, and therefore be multiplied by elemental damage? My guess is not, but I thought I'd ask.

I have other questions, but these need answering first.
{1} Situation:
Level 0 Aqua-type Navi uses Imbue Aqua on Shotgun.
Level 0 Aqua-type Navi uses Aqua Shotgun on a Fire virus, doing 50x2 = 100 damage. It does not receive the +5 elemental bonus.
Level 0 Aqua-type Navi then uses Bubbler on a Fire virus, doing (50+5)*2 = 110 damage. Only native Aqua chips receive the elemental bonus.

tl;dr, the elemental bonus mentioned is not the double damage, but the added Same-Type Attack Boost.

{2} Same-turn cooldown reduction is completely acceptable. If you chilled a sig which had 1 CD left, it would be usable the next turn.

{3} No, it'd be pointless if it did.

{4} I believe Casings and Barriers don't protect against terrain effects, though I may be wrong. Confirm with other staff.

{5} Glass is probably treated as Null-element, as are Cursed, Poison, Cracked, Missing, Normal, Holy, Broken, Snare, Sand, and Quicksand. There are already a multitude of new elemental terrains, such as Furnace (Fire), Onsen (Aqua), Solar (Elec), Soil (Wood), among others.

{6} FloatShoes negates you from any terrain effects except Broken and Missing. This logic would extend to Planar attacks.

{7} Strengthen takes on the element of its receiver, as it has no element. Thus, if you Strengthen 100 a FireHit chip, and use it on a Wood virus, it would do (100+60)*2 = 320 damage.
Okay, now to dwell on these questions:

Quote (Example1)

NaviA expends a sig attack with 1 TCD. Before NaviA's turn is complete, NaviB uses Sig Cool to bring NaviA's freshly expended attack back to 0 TCD, ready to use again next turn.

Is this possible, and if so, does this mean that the attack can be used two turns in a row?

In regards to {4}, when I say selecting the user as the target, I do not mean using it on the same attack:

Quote (Example2)

NaviA has a 30HP Heal sig attack worth 1 TCD and another sig attack that has one instance of Sig Cool. In the same turn, NaviA uses his Heal attack, followed by his Sig Cool attack, targeting his Heal attack.

I can understand why this wouldn't be acceptable, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Finally, in the event of casings:

Quote (Example3)

NaviA lands on lava panels, activating his Planar Casing ability and creating a 40 HP casing resistant to Fire attacks.

Two questions:

{1} Would the damage incurred from lava panels damage the navi, or the casing?

{2} Would said damage be halfed, due to it being the same element?

And yet another general question: if Glass (and the other listed null-comparable types) are considered to be null, does this mean that Planar-type attacks do not function on them?