The "Everything you ever wanted to know" Thread

Apparently this rule has been in effect ever since we started the new sig system.

Now you know. :/
Erm... Pocket's explanation is very poorly worded. If you have unused points, you can do something with them whenever you want. However, that gives you no license to redo all your sigs on a whim. If we did it like that, everyone would just keep 1 sig point loose and recreate their sigs whenever they feel like it.

The truth is that if you buy a Process Upgrade, you can use your next sig registration after that purchase to recreate your sigs from scratch. Edits just exist to keep registration spam down, and/or to give players an option to change if they can't buy any more upgrades at the moment.
In that case, I'd like a refund on the 1720z I spent on four process edits to delete and rewrite four of my signature attacks when I had a process upgrade I'd just bought.

I don't know who informed me, but it was quite wrong.
Post is here, for reference:
WTF, Dudes
Alright, since I've been getting conflicting opinions here, so let's get this clear:

NC Terrain Programs (SetIce, SetLava, etc.): Requires an action to activate?
Nope, they don't. That's the feature that's supposed to make them desirable to have. Each one can only be used once per battle, though.
So I've been working on my new Op/Navi pair and I've got a lot of things in the works, planning all kinds of stuff. I'm really trying to avoid having my Op just be a chip dummy and my Navi being a combat junkie so I've really put a lot of work and such into their backgrounds and how they're going to interact with things. I've gotten a nice plot set up, made a cast, worked on the setting, and then I came to a worrisome thought. Can I even do this? I'm not a mod or anything, but I've got a cast in mind of about 10 or so characters, people, Navis and progs, and I'm wondering if I can even do this. So I come today with a question in mind.

Just what are the rights and limits of a roleplayer? I've been a member of the community for some time and I push the limits every now and again, but now I really don't know if I'm in line or out of it. See, it's always been my belief that so long as a post followed some key rules, it'd be okay. Creating a setting was fine, just so long as it was localized and didn't affect the plotline as a whole. Creating background characters was fine too, so long as they didn't have an impact on gameplay. Same with background. I'll use my last Op, Charles, as an example. He's this heir to a big corporate empire, so that immediately puts those three rules to the test. It's fine for him to be this so long as I don't use that background to alter gameplay (like getting money from said background) or use it to alter world events (Wethervey Enterprises creating some super tech or something like that). And I made some NPC maids and parents for the guy and whatever, all localized, simple stuff.

But with this new character I'm pushing it a bit farther than that. Is it okay so long as I follow these three cardinal rules? Included in my plans is creating a set of localized laws that dramatically alter how Navis are recognized and perceived. Then there's the setting, creating a new town localized in Den City where all this is going on, that's not so bad, but I'd also like to make a country to reference certain plot events and that's kind of a big deal. Then there's the cast, which is rather extensive and has the possibility of interacting with other characters, assuming anybody interacts with mine they're doubtlessly going be pulled into my plotline I've got going (that being the hope, at the very least). What happens then? Is it just expected that we're all big kids and can play in the same sandbox together without pulling each other's hair, or is there a problem with characters interacting with other characters that aren't their own, someone elses, or a mods, characters that are background characters to someone's personal plotline. Hell, can we even have our own personal plotlines? That's just realworld stuff too, I can't think of any circumstance where I've heard of background Navis, although I might have just missed out.

I might just be making a big deal out of nothing, but I'd really like to know before I start putting a lot of energy into making something for this new character that I'm just completely unable to do.
Question: If you come upon a GMD, can you hold onto it for later opening, or must you open it there?

An example would be finding a trapped or locked GMD, but having no untrap or unlock.

(I would assume that if it is legal, it would be soul-bonded or whatever; to avoid trading. Which is fine in my opinion.)
You must open it. You can, however, move it around in battle so you can keep it safe.
Can you go buy an untrap/unlock while you have it in play?

I'm assuming that as long as you don't jack-out the mystery data would stay with you.
As soon as the battle is over, you access the mystery data. If you don't have an unlocker, the mystery data is left behind/lost.
Woah.

Which Nets are more likely to have trapped or locked mystery data?
all of them, just get to past 15 battles.

probably fewer for Rogue and Chaos
I would like to have clarified the QuickBoomerangs' attack profile:

It states that it can hit up to three enemies and it also has triple attack.

Does this mean that each time you attack with it, you can potentially hit up to three enemies like the normal boomerang battlechip, but with the added bonus of being able to do such an attack upwards of three times in the turn you use it?
Group Attack (Arc) means that you'll be able to hit multiple enemies with each use. So yes.
The chip got updated after my question it seems. Now it is not triple attack, but group attack (arc).
Yes, it was changed. This is due to a conflict of concept and implementation. The implemented version of the chip could be used 3 times before the end of the turn, as per Triple Attack, however it was only able to hit one target per use. This would have been the answer to your question had the chip not been changed.

The conceptual version was allowed to be used multiple times and could hit multiple targets. For balance reasons, this was disallowed when implemented. When it was brought up that the wording and the effect did not match, a change to something completely new was implemented instead. The result is the chip you now see in the lists. I am sorry if this has caused you any problems in the game, but it was necessary all the same.

I hope this clarifies matters.

As an aside, the current version of the chip has greater strength potential than the previous version if your character invests in multi-hit combat. There aren't many chips that are like this, so one more wouldn't hurt someone aspiring for that kind of character build. This one is even AoE on top of being multi-hit, which is even rarer among chips.

Quote ()

Ground -
Active-Turned-Passive: Anchor: Chip attacks and SP regular attacks cause one target per attack to be unable to come off the ground or fly for one turn. FloatShoes, AirShoes, and ShadowShoes are also disabled for the duration of the grounding, if the target has them. Instances of this ability do not stack with each other.

How does Anchor effect someone under NC Resistance/Immunity/Guard?
It works normally. NC Resistance/Immunity/Guard blocks against that Navicust Break thing if I'm right.

Hm, but maybe it doesn't work on navis with that effect on. But Anchor works for every chip attack a Ground type uses, so you'd pretty much have to get Immunity or higher on for it to protect your NC mostly.

Watch as someone provides another answer.
What would the RADIUS be of an attack with Blast X?

After this is answered, I want to go to the sig effects list and edit it to be clearer.