The "Everything you ever wanted to know" Thread

Blast 1 literally has to have the enemies hugging one another to hit multiple targets.

Blast 2 has a wider radius, but around the range of a wide attack similar to Widesword if you want it to hit more than one target. Maximum potential for Blast 2 would be 5 targets or so. (1 Center, 4 close to the center of blast)

Blast 3 can easily swallow up a group of viruses up to 4-5 if they're simply grouped up and not separated. Maximum potential for Blast 3 would be 12 targets or so. (1 center, 4 close to the center of blast, 4 diagonal from the center, 4 reaching further on)

I'm not even gonna go over Blast 4 :<

Another question of mine. Blast/Nova goes the X/Y/Z planes right? Especially Z plane.
If the user aims at the center of a panel: Blast 1 affects pretty much one panel. Blast 2 hits a 3 panel wide sphere. Blast 3 hits a 5 panel wide sphere. Blast 4 hits a 7 panel wide sphere. Formula for calculating blast diameter is 2b-1, where b = Blast#.

There are higher levels of blast than 4, but 4 is the cap for signatures.

Blast and Nova work the same way with the exception of Nova excluding the user from the damage zone.

Yes, the attacks are 3 dimensional.

Yes, the panel values above can change if the user's aim changes to lines separating panels. Then it becomes straight up b in all directions, X, Y, and Z (formula is 2b for diameter). It's really no different than moving the center point of a circle on graph paper. The circle doesn't change in size, but the squares it crosses do change in number.

The example was 2-d for simplicity's sake; the attack is still 3-d.
Radius of a Blast X attack is (X-1).

Quote ()

I think this is a bit misleading and prefer Paladin's explanation. The reason is what I was discussing earlier in the chat: This implies that a Blast 3 sphere is 4 panels wide. What that doesn't take into account is the fact that there's a panel in the middle of the sphere to start with. The radius is actually 2.5 panels, with that in mind. So, saying "Radius of a Blast X attack is (X-0.5)" is correct. Otherwise, you're reducing that starting panel to a point which I don't think is appropriate.

Why must this be correct? Because a Blast 1 sphere would then have a radius of 0 with what you've said: it wouldn't exist.
Heat's got it.

This is in answer to a forum PM:

And it is very much possible to hit 2 or even 3 enemies with a blast 1 attack. Possible, mind, not necessarily likely. Hitting 2 is not a stretch if they are standing next to each other. If it's a Navi wearing SPs, then you hit all of them at once if you manage to hit any of them. Maybe EnergyBomb isn't quite so bad... no?

Also, yes, Nova1 affects anything within a foot or two of you, but it's still essentially a glorified "touch attack".

Quote (Fera)

...I'm sure Pocket knows where the sig list effect is and very much knows how to read it himself.
I'm sure he does, and I'm also sure this entire conversation is the product of one or more errors on my part in the far distant past....just so we're clear.

Quote (PaladinGC)

I'm sure he does, and I'm also sure this entire conversation is the product of one or more errors on my part in the far distant past....just so we're clear.

Clearly your user title should be 'I am Error.'

Indeed.
When using a support chip, like an Attack/Elec/etc.+??, to increase the damage of a chip, do you use an action?

And if so, is the action used before you use the chip you wish to increase, or after you use the chip you wish to increase?
An action is needed to use the buff chips and it does not matter when you place the buff, as long as you put the action next to the attack you want to buff.
So before I go and completely wreck my subplot (and ego), I just want to clear up something.

--An entity classified as a "Rouge Navi" is a Net-Navi without an assigned human Operator.--

Is that right? Because if it isn't, it would ruin quite a bit for me.

Quote ()

-Rouge

Any of several types of red or pink cosmetics used on the cheeks and lips; reddish powder used as a pigment and polishing agent.

Quote ()

-Rogue

Any member, former or not, of the now-defunct pseudo-faction that was founded by Drakkas several years ago.

Quote ()

-Rouge

Any of several types of red or pink cosmetics used on the cheeks and lips; reddish powder used as a pigment and polishing agent.

Balls. :'D

Quote ()

-Rogue

Any member, former or not, of the now-defunct pseudo-faction that was founded by Drakkas several years ago.

Hmm. Looks like i'll have to take it up with an admin/moderator.

Thanks Fera. (^-^ )b
Question about Damage Reduction signature effect: When it says that Impact attacks bypass the Damage Reduction and deals double damage, does that mean that 1) it does double the Damage Reduction in damage (negating the subtraction for Damage Reduction) or 2) does it just double the damage the attack does (negating the subtraction for Damage Reduction)?

Example 1: (20 + Impact) vs. (5 Damage Reduction) = (20+(5x2)) = 30 damage.
Example 2: (20 + Impact) vs. (5 Damage Reduction) = ((20x2)) = 40 damage.
As HardBody is bypassed and dealt double damage, Damage Reduction works in the same way.

HardBody + Normal 20 Attack: 10 damage
HardBody + Break 20 Attack: 40 damage

DR 10 + Normal 20 Attack: 10 damage
DR 10 + Impact 20 Attack: 40 damage

Other mods, correct me if I'm mistaken.
Can I turn off my buster property at Will? Right now I have slashing on Trent's buster, and my buster consists of two weapons, one being Trent's knives the other a gun. It doesn't make sense to be dealing slashing damage with bullets, so can I turn That off on my gun when I fire it?

Quote (Syriene)

Can I turn off my buster property at Will? Right now I have slashing on Trent's buster, and my buster consists of two weapons, one being Trent's knives the other a gun. It doesn't make sense to be dealing slashing damage with bullets, so can I turn That off on my gun when I fire it?

I believe you can, as I have asked this question before.
I forgot if we got the answer to this question:

How large an area can the ILLUSION signature effect be, or does it cloud a single target per bought instance?
Illusion is OP in the sense that we honestly can't pin down a single goddamn set of rules for the thing. One mod says it can do this, another says it can't do that, another says it can do this but NOT that-- it becomes confusing.

We've been tossing around fix ideas for a while, but basically right now Illusion is more effective the more constrained it is. If you use one effect on one target, for instance, you've got a better chance of success.