The "Everything you ever wanted to know" Thread

Yes, accents are based on the countries.

What the countries are based on... well, that's just something you have to discern for yourself

Quote (Von Dare)

Hey. Anyone know if, in the Rogue Network universe, different accents are called different things from our own? Like, would English be Electopian or something?

We do have different local accents such as Netopian, Yumland, and Electopian, but I do not know if the different accents actually correspond to different countries (outside of Japan), or if they are just different accents like those found in different areas found in Japan. (Yumland = Okinawa or Osaka?)
There was a map that more or less resembled our own in Battle Network 4. If I remember correctly, Japan was Electopia, Sharo was Russia, Yumland was India/China, and Netopia was America. I can look it up later to be sure.
Lemme share some thoughts that have been running through my head since like two days ago...

I like my idea of sparks, and his net op, but since then I have had other ideas that I like just as much or even better, but thats only for a navi...

Theres only one thing that can put an end to these thoughts... is there any way that I can get sparks deleted... but have him with some kind of back up memory data that can be placed in some other navi? and would this affect the fxp...

Quote (Ktbandit)

Lemme share some thoughts that have been running through my head since like two days ago...

I like my idea of sparks, and his net op, but since then I have had other ideas that I like just as much or even better, but thats only for a navi...

Theres only one thing that can put an end to these thoughts... is there any way that I can get sparks deleted... but have him with some kind of back up memory data that can be placed in some other navi? and would this affect the fxp...

What you can do is "shelve" your Navi and NetOp and basically store them for some other time while you make a new team. All zenny, chips, FXP, etc. stay with the shelved team, and you basically start from scratch.

If you feel like you want to go back to your old Navi/NetOp team, you can simply take them off the shelf and go straight back from where you left off.

Quote (Ktbandit)

Here are some rules that may interest you.

Rebirth Rules

Shelving Rules
He just wants to change his navi and keep the operator. Can he just shelve/delete his navi and keep his operator?

EDIT - I think rebirth rules would work better.

EDIT2 - Could he do something similar to Freya... have Sparks' personality in the body of something else?

Quote (Azureink)

EDIT2 - Could he do something similar to Freya... have Sparks' personality in the body of something else?

There is nothing saying he can't, though at that point wouldn't it be easier to just change Spark's name/design? He could change all of his SigAttks easily enough as well...

Quote (Zanallen)

Quote (Azureink)

There is nothing saying he can't, though at that point wouldn't it be easier to just change Spark's name/design? He could change all of his SigAttks easily enough as well...

In changing his name and design, would that allow me to change his type/subtype?
yes
However, keep in mind that you can't change elements and subtypes at a whim, as you need justification. Just a reminder.
Thanks for all of your help. After a long day of thinking... I've come to the conclusion that I'm not quite ready to make anychanges. I'm very sorry for bringing all this mess up, but now I have the information for future reference. Thanks.
Question: If you upgrade your buster with a slashing shot, does it decrease the accuracy of any buster attack done with it by one rank (unless you were sword subtype), just like the signature version?
No. It just adds Slashing, like any other Buster Upgrade. Nothing else is changed.
I have a question regarding the Boomerang line of battlechips: how do you determine how many enemies can be targeted by the chip?

Quote (Azureink)

I have a question regarding the Boomerang line of battlechips: how do you determine how many enemies can be targeted by the chip?

The Boomerang battlechip can hit a maximum of 3 targets. The chances of hitting the max three targets are determined by the situation (spacing of the targets, how you actually use the boomerang, terrain, enemies, etc.), and how well you RP the attack.
They should probably make a "Can hit up to 3 targets depending on RP" in the description then.
What are the advantages to belonging to one of the two sides (Netpolice, Netmafia), as opposed to remaining neutral and not getting either side pissed off at you?
YOU GET TO HAVE NPC CROSSES. > : D <shot>

In all seriousness you can then take missions from the organizations that will most likely make you able to request better rewards that from the GNA.

Quote (Pocket)

If you have unused points from process upgrades, you can edit all of your sigs for free, as if you had purchased a process edit.

Since WHEN? I've had to buy Sig Edits to get rid of existing attacks before, regardless of whether or not I'd bought a Process Upgrade.