The "Everything you ever wanted to know" Thread

1. Well, there's always here to ask. : D Until someone (read: way too much time) makes a thread like it, I'm afraid this is the only place to know.

Piercing: Can go through objects and damage them as well without being hindered. An upgraded version of Phasing (which only goes through objects but doesn't damage them unless targeted specifically)
Line Attack: Goes through enemies in a line, maximum 3.
Aura: Can only be dissipated by its HP value or higher in 1 hit. Double damage with Impact.

2. That rule isn't passed yet, lol. Nothing on Strengthen, Heal, and the like, either.
Is a Metool, protected by its helmet, effected by piercing?

Quote (Azureink)

Is a Metool, protected by its helmet, effected by piercing?

I'm pretty sure only break works on helmeted metools.
Do Metool helmets have special rules, or are they considered a form of shield/casing?
Honestly, I don't know. All I know is that a helmeted Metool is protected from all damage, and that you can overturn it. Pocket's probably right in that you could break the helmet, though.
Are the multi-hit and multi-target signature effects both free? I heard that we changed it so you could choose one or the other.
20 x 2 Hits costs the same as 20 x 2 Targets: 40 points. But yeah, you can only choose one or the other.

Quote (Fera)

20 x 2 Hits costs the same as 20 x 2 Targets: 40 points. But yeah, you can only choose one or the other.

Someone should make a note in the sig effects list. It still lists it as an extra paid thing.
If you read the effect, the math is correct.

Multi-Target Attribute: The cost for one target, times the total number of targets. [Simply dealing the full damage and effects to more than one target.]

(20dmg + Knockback) x 2targets = (20pts + 10pts) x 2 [60pts]

it does not mean you pay more.

Quote (The_Grim_Reaper)

If you read the effect, the math is correct.

Multi-Target Attribute: The cost for one target, times the total number of targets. [Simply dealing the full damage and effects to more than one target.]

(20dmg + Knockback) x 2targets = (20pts + 10pts) x 2 [60pts]

it does not mean you pay more.

What I meant is that it 'sounds' like you pay more. Not that you actually pay more. It was my misreading of the rule listed that caused my misconception.
So I got double needle from the chip guy. Thanks by the way. But does double needle fire two 50 damage projectiles at the same target... sort of a 100 damage sig that is 2 multi-hit 50s?
Chips that usually have that x2 means that it can be used in both ways (Multi-Hit/Target)

However, there are certain chips that can't use both effects. Make sure to look out for those.

EDIT:

Quote ()

DoubleNeedle
Damage: 50
Accuracy: B
Description: Fires two spears at the same target

Derp. Take the second part in to consideration for this chip.
Ok so I asked this question yesterday in the chat when there were few people there, but it wasn't clear what the answer was.

HeatShot is: 40 Fire Damage + Spread1.

Why does Heatshot do less damage than the Bubbler (50 Aqua Damage + Spread1) if they are both 'Shotguns'?

I would assume that it does less damage due to it being an element. Such as the elemental Knives doing less damage than the basic null Sword. But then shouldn't the Bubbler also be less? Or is it because fire can do things, like torch grass terrain, and aqua can't do anything special?

EDIT - Beyond interacting with Lava Panels badly.
Let the chip expert handle this one.

Heatshots and Bubblers, though possessing the similar "spread" effect, are still entirely different chips at their base. This is because the viruses they are based on are different. Spikeys (the viruses that drop Heatshots) are somewhat weaker than Shrimpies (the viruses that drop Bubblers) and I suppose that somehow translated into their respectively different attack powers. I don't think it was anyone's intention to purposefully give Bubbler an edge over Heatshot, it just happened to turn out that way. If every chip had four elemental variations, that wouldn't be very interesting at all. I believe this is why there are no elec/wood spread chips and also why there is no "Woodballoon", despite there being Aqua, Heat and Elecballoons.

Of course, there are still instances of 'balanced' elemental chips, such as the case with the "-knife" and "-breath" series. But even so, terrain bonuses, specific elemental immunities and weaknesses provide more than enough variation to create an instability in any sort of a "true balance".

I hope this answers your question.
I had an assumption that it was something like that. Thank you for the answer.
Next question:

Guard1 is 'Negated by Break. Ignores Impact.'

What does it mean by 'Ignores Impact.'? Does it just not activate on Impact, or does it only do the 1-hit shield, but not the reflect?
In short, Impact has no effect on Guard beyond anything else.
Following post will hurt your head.

[moved what was here previously to next page]
After the last question is answered:

If you guys could define the following it would be most helpful:

Anchored
Beam
Breaking (from the DrillArm battlechip... I assume it is just Break.)
Burn
Bubble Trap
Cone Attack
Chain
Grapple
Group Attack
Wide Attack (how wide is Wide Attack?)
Herosword Range
Lifesword Range
Northwind (I almost know what this is, it just removes auras and stuff right?)
Plague
Superpiercing
Wind
Break thing: If you add Break (20) to a 5-hit signature, the break applies to the first hit unless you specify otherwise or add more points for the rest of the hits.

The glossary, I'll try to the best of my ability... >.>

Anchored - Object is grounded, can't be moved.
Beam - Straight-line attack, hits 1 target unless specified, and strong against Shadow and Invisibility.
Breaking - Yep, it's break.
Burn - A type of damage-over-time.
Bubble Trap - Trap for 1 turn in a bubble.
Cone Attack - Exactly what it says: its range is a cone. Starting small from your position, the range gets bigger as it spreads out.
Chain X - Attack can change direction X times to another target.
Grapple - You hold on to stuff, I guess.
Group Attack - Attacks a group bunched together (max 3)
Wide Attack - Attacks a group in a horizontal line perpendicular to your position (max 3)
Herosword Range - Three panels directly in front of you.
Lifesword Range - Six panels out, in this arrangement.
[_][X][X]
[Y][X][X]
[_][X][X]

Y - You
X - Lifesword Range

Northwind - Removes all auras and barriers.
Plague - The number of glitches you are suffering currently is also applied to all successfully-hit targets. So if you have 3 glitches, they get 3 glitches.
Superpiercing - Bomber sez if you have this thing, you kill stuff. So I imagine it's an all-defense piercer.
(Note: Only thing I know which has this is ZeusHammer, and I know that hits everything no matter what. So All-Defense Piercer sounds about right.)
Wind - Pushes enemies back, reduces their accuracy, in case of the chip [Wind]. In any other case, it's any attack that can be seen as Wind-attributed, like WindRacket.

That's all I can help you with. If any other mods would like to clarify on my explanations/bitch/moan/whatever, post here too. : D