Open Virus Wiki

So okay, I've noticed something. When I meet new viruses, I'd have to fight without knowing what it actually did. Then I figured, hey, if we all pitch in to compile one big list that talked about various virus types and how they behaved, busting would be a lot easier!

Let's start with a simple Metool, which I think everyone has met.

Name: Metool
HP: 40
Location Found: ACDC
Notes: Attacks with pickaxe to send shockwaves. Hides under helmet to negate damage.

So, now that we've got a template, post away!

- Harke Ezarith
Well, lets begin with the basics. I've gotten a few data about the native viruses in ACDC, hope this would help few navis who's prepared to start their first virus busting.

Spikey
Element: Fire
HP: 90
Drop: HeatShot
Note: A vicious canine virus who attacks with their fireball or their claw. Always travel in a pack and attacks in pair.

Spooky
Element: Null
HP: 50
Drop: ???
Note: Incredibly weak, but incredibly annoying with their teleportation ability. They attack with their tongues (...) and recover to full health when they are severely damaged

Bunny
Element: Elec
Drop: ZapRing
Note: These viruses are very agile and easily dodge attacks compare to other viruses. They attack by firing an electrically charged ring.

Swordy
HP: 80
Drop: Sword
Note: An extremely dangerous virus, novice navis beware. Their sword and their relentless tactics might prove to be too much for one. However, they do provide a powerful battlechip!

Good Luck.

-Voulge.EXE
I believe I can fill in two spots on that board. Me and my navi, Freya.EXE, have just encountered two virus types, I can't say if they are in other places, but here is what I have.

Name:EleBall
HP Value: 80
Location(s) found: Electown
Note: uses a close range shock attack.

Name:Billy
HP Value: 50
Location(s) Found: Electown
Note: Fires a Thunder ball at the navi it targets

Thats all I have for now, I'm sure that others can fill in the spaces much more thoroughly than I.
-Jack Magi, Magician and Puppeteer

*Freya.EXE is currently in battle*
I'll wait until we finish these lists a bit, then compile them into master lists. In the meantime:

Champu
HP: 60
Drop: Firehit1
Note: A floating, teleporting boxer with flaming fists.

Shrubby
Element: Wood
Drop: RingLog1
Note: A walking bush that throws logs.

Beetank
Element:
Drop:
Note: A small tank that lobs exploding shells.

Kabutank
Element:
Drop:
Note: A larger tanks that lobs larger exploding shells.

Miner
Element:
HP: 100
Drop:
Note: A mining virus that pops in and out of the ground, creating minefields.

PulseBat
Element: Electric
Drop: Pulsar1
Note: It's a bat, that shoots lightning.

Powie
Element:
Drop: Quake1
Note: A paper angel that flies around and turns into a giant, heavy weight when it attacks, dropping down from the sky to crush its enemies.

Cacty
HP: 70
Drop: CactBall1
Note: A giant cactus that rolls its head across the ground to attack.

Fishy
Element:
Drop:
Note: A fish-like speed-plane that do hit and runs.
Heya guys! I'm glad I came across this because I keep messing up with new viruses. Me and my Navi have fought some pretty weird guys so I'll give you a heads-up on what worked and what we found out.

Name: Volgear
HP: 80 or so
Drop: Who knows.
Note: These guys send out a slow-moving set of fire pillars that look really dangerous! We didn't get hit, so I can't give specifics, but look out and pay attention!

Name: Elebee
Drop: Arrow1! It's a really cool chip!
Note: These little guys are fast and their sting could pack quite a punch. They're totally worth it though, since you get all that power in their battle chip!

Name: Catack
Element: Null, I bet.
HP: 120
Note: These guys are really tough! They've got a lot of HP and they launch a powerful cannon round. Look out though, the shots explode and do a ton of damage!

Name: Momogra
Note: These little mole guys are so cute, really. They're in the ground though, and I don't think you can hit them until they come up. Here's a secret though, it seems like changing the tiles really hurts them! Magnet tiles in particular helped disable them.

Name: Swordy-E
Drop: Probably an electric sword?
Note: These guys are the same as normal swordys, from what I can tell, but they're bright yellow. I'd bet you could get one of those electric swords from them!

Name: Armadill
Note: These guys are a pain! They look like armadillos and curl up into balls before rolling across the field. I couldn't find any way to damage them in that state! Wait for them to unroll or try some really nasty attacks.

Name: Magneaker
Drop: Magbomb, it's really cool!
Note: These guys look like little bugs, so that's kind of neat, but look out! Their attacks stun you real bad, but on the other hand getting their chip makes fighting one worth it!

Name: Scarecrow
Note: Oh god I really hate these things. Their own attacks can heal them for like 30 or so health and the lightning they shoot out is something to stay away from. Don't use Electric attacks on them! I mean it, it heals them and they don't take damage! The only trick that seems to work is knocking them down. They're scarecrows after all, and seem immobile.

Name: Drixol
HP: 130 (EX version?)
Note: These drilling guys are pretty annoying. They seem to teleport around the field, even a metal field. All that worked was brute force.

Name: Octon
Element: Aqua
Note: I don't know much about these guys, but you can find them in Eletown rarely I guess. Get a powerful Elec attack and you won't have to worry about them either!

Name: HardHead
HP: 100 (EX)
Note: These guys look tough and are tough. They stay closed and don't seem to take damage until they open up and attack. Their attack deals a lot of damage and can crack tiles too! Here's something I learned though: If you're fighting two or more, use them against one another. Their attacks seem to go through the metal shells of the other!

Also found some Champus and Powies in Electown.

I hope you guys can use some of this information and add something too. There's lots of other weird viruses in Electown too, so I'll update you if I find anything new! I'll edit my account with an e-mail when I get it running.

-Vital
I met a virus not long ago that is not yet on this list, so I'll just put it here...

Name: Melody
Element: None?
Located at: ACDC, maybe others
Drops: ???
Notes: They seem to bounce around, but I'm not entirely sure on their attack, my navi deleted them before I had a chance to see.

-Jack Magi
Heyheyhey, it's Ezarith again! Wow, seems this thread's getting popular. I'll add my own mix of stuff to delete, so enjoy~!

- SciLab Viruses -

Champu and Canodumb are found here as well.

Name: Boomer
Located at: SciLab, ???
Drops: [Boomerang1] Battlechip
Notes: They throw boomerangs in an arc to attack.

Name: Gunner
Element: Null?
Notes: They shoot stuff, I guess. Not much to say on this one.

Name: CanoGuard
Notes: They're kind of like advanced Canodumbs, in that they have a shield that can deflect attacks.

- Sharo Viruses -

Name: ColdBear
HP: 200
Located at: Sharo, ???
Drops: [IceCube] Battlechip
Notes: They throw giant ice cubes to attack.

Name: Pengi
Notes: I didn't see its attack, but here's another thing: it's invincible on ice. So be warned.

Name: Slimer
Element: Aqua?
Notes: Attack unknown, I deleted it too quickly.

Name: Dharma
Notes: They whack hockey pucks that bounce around. It's kind of annoying.

Name: Cloudy
Drops:
Notes: These guys unleash a rainstorm of needle-like rain that can hurt. It also lasts for quite a while.

Name: Raingear
Drops: [WaterLine1] Battlechip
Notes: Fires torrent of water. The chip it drops is really good!

Name: Cragger
Notes: They smash the ground and create shockwaves. They also seem to have the ability to reduce damage done to them by about half, so be on your guard against these guys.

- Beach Viruses -

Fishy also found in Beach.

Name: Tuby
Located at: Beach, ???
Notes: Attack unknown.

Name: Genin
Element: Null, I don't know
Notes: They rush in and attack with a kind of moon-shaped blade of some sort.

Name: MetoolEX
Notes: Hey, it's upgraded Metool. What more do you want?

Name: Mushy
Drops: [Spice1] Battlechip
Notes: These guys rush up to you and puff out dense spore clouds. They seem to have some sort of hallucination-inducing power, so try not getting hit by these guys.

Name: SnakeArm
HP: 130
Element: Wood?
Notes: These worm-guys tunnel underground and give you a dose of backstabbing power. Try waiting to hit them instead of rushing them head-on.

Name: Skeeter
HP: 30
Element: Wood?
Notes: Weak as these mosquitoes are, they seem to come in swarms. Attack unknown.

Name: Lark
Drops: [WideShot1] Battlechip

Name: Yort
Notes: These use yo-yo throws to attack.

Name: Elemperor

Name: Senbon
Notes: Shoots arrow-things.

Name: SnowBlow
Element: Null, Aqua?
Notes: Blows whirlwinds.

- NetVegas Viruses -

Fishy, Kabutank, Momogra and PulseBat can be found here as well.

Name: Brushman
Element: Null, probably
Located at: NetVegas, ???
Notes: These viruses can create some sort of sparkly panel, which reads out as Holy panels. These can reduce damage done to anyone standing on it, according to my observations. So they can work for you or against you.

Name: Twins
Element: Null, probably
Located at: NetVegas, ???
Notes: Man, these are annoying. When they're together in twins, like their name suggests, they seem to have some sort of resurrection power. See, if one of them is killed, that one is healed back to maximum health, so you've got to delete them AT THE SAME TIME.

That's my cache of viruses, hope you guys can add more to the mix next time, okay? ^^

- Harke Ezarith
Okay, viruses are cool and all, but what about people that are strong enough for Rogue Nets? You should be extra prepared for whatever's in there, so I'm going to add a few Rogue Net viruses!

Name: Blackmare
HP: 180
Element: None
Located At: Rogue Sharo
Notes: Only affected by swords and other Slashing attacks. Nothing else works. So if you're low on swords, you probably shouldn't fight them.

Name: Satellite2
Drops: LockOn2
Notes: It attacks by locking onto its enemy with a cursor, then shooting them repeatedly. But since it only attacks by locking on, you're totally safe if you can avoid that cursor!

Name: N.O.-2
HP: 150
Notes: It attacks by crossing its arms into a X shape and shooting a beam that looks like itself. Didn't really notice anything too special about them, otherwise...

Name: Megalian-A2
HP: 190
Element: Aqua, possibly
Drops: AuraHead2?
Notes: These guys have 80 HP, Aqua-elemental auras. So you have to hit them with either an attack over 80 damage, or use an Elec chip to break them. They attack by shooting their heads at you. Which is really stupid, since you can attack them during that without worrying about the auras!

Name: Spikey2
HP: 190 (240 EX)
Located At: Rogue NetFrica
Drops: Heat-V
Notes: An upgraded Spikey, duh. Can't say much else about it, I deleted it too quick.

Name: Genin2
HP: 140
Notes: In shocking news, this is Genin's upgraded form. If you attack them with any chip, they'll get close and try to cut you down. If you're quick, you can use a close range attack first and delete them before they can!

Name: MagTec+
HP: 160
Drops: MagBolt2
Notes: Upgraded MagTec, blah blah blah. They attack by drawing you in with their magnets, then giving you an electric shock. That shock can stop you in your tracks, but if you have the right chips, you can use that drawing you close against them!

Name: Swordy-F2
HP: 160 (200 EX)
Drops: FireSword
Notes: Upgraded versions of Fire element Swordy. Like the regular versions, they can warp over and slice you up in no time. But, I found out that they REALLY don't like it if you make fun of their swords. They'll lose composure and try and cut you at all costs. It's a good chance for you to get a point blank hit in, so get a strong chip out if that happens!

Name: HauntedCandle
Notes: Can't say much about them, they were all wet before they knew what hit them!

Name: Heavier
HP: 125
Notes: It attacks by trying to smash itself into you. It can break shields, so it might be better if you just dodge its attacks instead of defending if you can. Other than that, it's got pretty low HP for an upgraded virus, so wail away!

Name: PoofBall
Element: Wood, maybe?
Notes: Its mask may look lame, but it can block attacks. Break attacks still get through, though. It attacks by letting out poison to drain you, but you're safe from a distance. The mask can't protect its back, though, so get behind it and give it a good surprise! It looked like it might be weak to Fire, but because of the way the battle went, I can't say for sure if it's Wood or not...

Name: Mashy
HP: ??? (170 EX)
Notes: They attack by teleporting near you, then shaking spores from their bodies. If it hits, you'll get confused, so try not to get hit.

Name: Ninetails2
HP: 190
Notes: They've got 9 tails (duh), and they're razor sharp (not quite so duh). They didn't seem to do so well if you're constantly moving, so I suggest doing that so you won't get shredded.

Name: Totam
HP: 160
Drops: Totem2
Notes: They attacks with a basic flamethrower attack. But if you hit them without deleting them, their faces change.

Name: Winger
Element: ???
Located At: Rogue Yoka, Rogue NetFrica
Drops: ElecShock
Notes: They're weird, and those strings attached to their heads aren't there to look cute, since they can use them to get out of attack range. When they drop and attack, they can use either electrical or freezing breath, which also creates magnetic and ice panels, respectively. They're tricky, but on the bright side, they can't attack from a distance.

Name: Volcaner
HP: ??? (180 EX)
Notes: They shoot lava bombs at you. Real exciting. Aside from that, didn't really see anything special about them.

Name: Skarab2
Located At: Rogue Hades
Drops: Skully2
Notes: I've heard that if you hit these guys with any kind of attack, they'll crumble, making them unable to attack, but invincible to anything. So they're really annoying AND really creepy. But I can't confirm it, since I took all of them out in one hit!~

Name: Cateen
Drops: TankCannon2
Notes: An upgraded Catack, so you can bet it's a piece of work. But like the Skarab2, my partner deleted every one of these we found in one hit, so I dunno if anything changes. Sorry!

Name: Gaia+
Notes: Watch its coloring closely. If they're solid gray, they take virtually no damage from anything that can't Break. But if they're purplish-black, they'll take as much damage as anything else. When they're not gray, though, they'll wail on you with their hammers, which can smash defenses...and really hurt.

Name: Handy2
Notes: They drop time bombs that, if left alone, explode and damage you. They can be destroyed, but don't get careless. If an X appears on the bomb instead of a number, it's a dud, and only explodes if you attack it. I wouldn't recommend that.

Oh, and I can fill in a few of the chip drops. Let's see...

CanoGuard - MarkCannon1
Cragger - GolemHit1
Pengi - IceWave1
Cloudy - LilCloud
Genin - MoonBlade1
Yort - Yo-Yo1
Senbon - AquaNeedle1
Catack - TankCannon1
Fishy - DashAttack

Yep, that's all I know. I guess I'll update once I know more, if I remember to do it. Good luck, everyone!

-Sabrina Jetto
[holding for more info]
Um, person that just posted? We kinda already have Billy, and all the information you just listed. So, not to be a jerk or anything, but we should probably stick to adding info we don't already have.

Speaking of which, a couple more Rogue Net viruses to add!

Name: Megalian-F2
Drops: AuraHead2
Notes: These guys have 80 HP, Fire-elemental auras. So you have to hit them with either an attack over 80 damage, or use an Aqua chip to break them. They attack by shooting their heads at you. Which is really stupid, since you can attack them during that without worrying about the auras! So yep, just like A2, only fiery. Oh, and they can float to avoid negative panels.

Name: BluePhoenix
Drops: PhoenixShot2
Notes: They attack by shooting fiery projections of themselves, which are sorta hard to dodge if you're not careful. They can also fly, but they didn't seem to do a very good job at avoiding attacks.

Name: WaterDragon
HP: 250
Located At: Rogue Hades, ???
Drops: AquaDragon
Notes: I didn't get a really good look at what this one can do, since they got deleted too quick. But I get the feeling they're a piece of work if you can't zap them.

Until next time!

-Sabrina Jetto
ADDING SOME MORE VIRUSES TO A DEAD TOPIC

- Yoka Viruses -

Elebee, Dharma, Lark and Magneaker are also found in Yoka.

Name: Swordy-A
Located At: Yoka, ???
Notes: Attack by sword slash. Not that inventive, are they?

Name: Walla
Notes: Deleted too fast, didn't see attack

Name: Handy
HP: 80HP
Drops: [CountBomb1] Battlechip
Notes: Guess they make bombs, like their V2 brethren. Didn't see any attack.

Name: Puffy
HP: 100HP
Notes: Killed it too fast, didn't see attack.

Name: Marina
HP: 120HP
Notes: They release bubbles with anchors. Shoot these bubbles, and the anchors fly at you for pain and profit.

Name: Misty
Notes: They're mist... and they punch you. Somehow. I don't know.

Name: Kettle
Notes: These guys are cake. Fire them and they burst into explody goodness.

Name: Piranha
HP: 60HP
Notes: Fires arrows.

Name: Shrimpy
Drops: [Bubbler] Battlechip
Notes: Dunno their attack, but their Bubbler chip is nice.

Name: Starfish
HP: 60HP
Notes: Releases bubbles, don't know about these since I didn't get hit.

And that's all, folks! Have a nice day.

- Harke Ezarith
Adding our share of opponents as well.

Name: FullFire
HP: 150HP
Drops: Unknown
Notes: This particular virus is very difficult to hit as it tries to find an area to hunker down and bring down a barrage of meteors. However, it becomes immobile whilst attacking, and is must vulnerable then.
Suggested Strategy: Wait for the virus to begin summoning meteors before attacking, check behind other viruses/objects to find their hiding spots.

Name: Volcaner
Drops: LavaCannon2
Notes: Seems attracted to Lava panels, and often sets itself in lava before attacking with molten rock ejected from its top. Fairly slow, so not too difficult to target.
Suggested Strategy: Engage from a distance, watch for aerial bombardment.

Name: Tromby2
Notes: This virus is very dangerous when accompanied by others, since it emits a special code in the form of a sound wave that completely halts all locomotive subroutines in Navis. Basically its sound will cause your Navi to be unable to move, thus extremely vulnerable to enemy attack. If you ever encounter this virus, do whatever you can to delete/disable it before it can start broadcasting!
Suggested Strategy: Destroy before any of the other viruses.

Name: CirCrush
HP: 180HP
Notes: Somewhat slow movement, but fires very powerful cannon rounds from its head and hands.
Suggested Strategy: Move perpendicular to the viruses and either shell them from a distance or slant in to take them down at close range. DO NOT approach these viruses straight on.

Name: Swordy-W2
HP: 160HP
Drops: BambooSword
Notes: Seems to act similarly to other Swordy viruses, don't know much because Mach deleted them before they could react.
Suggested Stragegy: Well, Machman basically made the terrain underneath them literally explode, and that worked really well. I would just suggest moving out of the way as they move in to attack, then counter-attack.

That is all we have at the moment, will post more later on!

-Mazer Patrovski & Machman.EXE MkII
Here's another virus that my navi has encountered, not much, but it's better than nothing.

Name: OldHeater
HP: 130
Element: Fire (like the OldStove)
Drops: MAYBE an upgraded FireBurn chip...no clue.
Notes: Not entirely sure on it's actual location, but I am sure it's in those "Rogue" nets, since I have yet to see them in ACDC and I doubt my navi has the ability to travel to them.
I found this little annoyance in scilabs net, but I have no doubt that it will show up elsewhere as well.
Name: Ratty
Drops: Ratton1
Location(s): Scilabs.
Notes: At around 20 HP left or so, they speed up enough to make it very hard to finish them off, and I think that they might start firing faster as well. In addition, their projectiles will home in on targets (eg: navis).
Strategy: Nothing too complex, but be ready to either destroy the bombs they launch or dodge them twice. And try to kill them without letting them get hyperactive.
Name: Twisty
Attack Strength: 10~20
Location Found: SciLabs
Notes: Composed of two parts; a stationary control unit, and an invincible flying Remote Bit for attacking. Attacks by shooting lightning bolts from the Remote Bit. Be advised, the Remote Bits can teleport. The old strains destroyed panels when attacking, but this new strain did not.

-- Paul G. M.