Left 4 Dead

If you haven't heard of Left 4 Dead, you can find out a whole lot more by going to the '#1 resource' for it. If you want a one-sentence definition, it's a cooperative-survival zombie game (with extra awesome) where other assholes can play zombies.

So, why am I putting this up besides because it's awesome and want to know who else is getting it so we can make a little RERN group effort here? :'D

I'm willing to draw peepz for free in a grim and gritty; ready to defeat zombie hordes everywhere-gearup. The catch? I'd like it to be realistic.

Rules:

[li] Only clothes that you own.
    [li] Only weapons you actually own. (Pally, you can't have your mechs. >:0)
    [li] Only scars/wounds you've had or have.
  • I need a picture in order to draw the above. You can just tell me about the scar/wound thing.
Me (You know what I look like) in a plain black short-sleeved shirt and jeans, wearing a pair of brown work boots. I'd be wielding a shovel, most likely. >>;
I'll take a me wearing a leather trenchcoat with one sleeve ripped off, and sunglasses perched on my nose, and my red bandanna thing around my neck, as as I throw my trusty four-inch knife at a zombie's forehead. I also want my Naruto headband hanging from my belt, and I want to hold a fake katana dramatically in my free hand.

-dodges the inevitable smack-

I want to be climbing stuff, or escaping some other way, maybe with a sabre in hand, and I want to be wearing a jacket, collared shirt, cargo pants, and hiking boots. I also want to be carrying a messenger bag full of stuff.
I'd be wearing my leather black coat that goes past my belt line, and the collar up and what not like I did when I was gothic. I'd be wearing my black baggy pants and a Black with spray paint designed white color of the South Pole emblem of my shirt. Last but not least would be my Timberland boots and for some reason, I'm compelled to put on my Black Naruto Leaf Village Headband around my neck "Hinata-Style" as usual. (Yes, my anime girl infatuation compels me to.)
It's a pretty crappy pic, but it's currently the best I have, so meh. And no scars, wounds, etc currently, so... *Shrug*
Be afraaaaaid...! Be very... ah, who am I kidding, just laugh and be done with it.
'Bout 6'2", I am, if that matters at all.
Wielding, and this is your choice, either a shovel, a sledgehammer, or a pickaxe. Yeah, all just downstairs in the garage.
I'd prolly be wearing jeans, sneakers, a black hat with the text "Game Over" on it, a white T-shirt, and a zip-up hooded sweatshirt.

But in regards to the game, I want to buy this thing so bad, but the hovercrafts, particularly the female, wouldn't even begin to allow it.
;~;
And it looks so awesome, too...
Use this outfit,, plus tan work gloves with black palms and brown hiking boots.

Weapons: a six-foot crowbar (well, sort of. It looks more like a giant nail with a flathead screwdriver end, but is used as a pry-bar), and the knife in this picture for more precision work.

As for the game...eh, I might get it...
Jesus. All you punkass kids will look pretty damn dumb with your piss ass weenie melee weapons while I'm toking a shotgun with two rifles strapped to my back.

Yeah, I'll be saving all your asses.
Maaan... Steve gets all the cool weapons...
;~;

Yeah, you will be.
Oh, it's made by Valve.

Guess I won't be needing Dead Rising anymore.

*Fanboy squee*
You can draw me... You can find my image at the thread designated for such pictures. I'll be wearing a torn jacket of dark blue jeans fabric, a white shirt, pair of torn dark blue jeans and no shoes or socks. I'll be wielding my left arm with my right hand. Of course, I'll be lacking a left arm on my body.

Quote (Shuryou)

You can draw me... You can find my image at the thread designated for such pictures. I'll be wearing a torn jacket of dark blue jeans fabric, a white shirt, pair of torn dark blue jeans and no shoes or socks. I'll be wielding my left arm with my right hand. Of course, I'll be lacking a left arm on my body.

the power of your god hand, (that) no evil do'er will get past?
Lets see... Here's me, though I would likely be wearing a dark light jacket on top and wearing either jeans or camouflaged fatigues with black combat boots or hiking boots.

My weapons would likely be either one or all of these, my scythe (I'm not called The_Grim_Reaper for nothing!), and of course my trusty magnum.

I also have a 30-6 ("thirty-aught-six") bolt-action hunting rifle if needed. Oh and Steve, I keep this helpful zombie-slaying tidbit to heart: "Remember, blades never have to reload." - How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse by someone whose name I can't remember.
I don't want to be drawn.

Just remember that the most effective zombie weapons are "lobotomizers" (double-sided battle axes that convert to shovels) and single-shot bolt-action rifles. Perhaps a few handguns, just in case they're annoying to hit with the lobotomizer.
Well, I don't need my picture drawn either, assuming you're even still drawing this thing.

However, I'd like to not that The game has been release dated for November, for all those people who haven't been looking into it but are still interested anyways.

Also, all the character models were redone, for those of you who also didn't know this. Basically, what I saw was that Louis looks more professionals (like, dress shirt and what not, as well as cleaner, shorter hair, no facial hair.), I didn't notice the difference for Zoey, Bill looked less dressed up for an invasion and somewhat more like a toned-down Vet. (he also lacked a beard, I think his armor was less armor, more camo-like, i don't remember.), and Francis looked the most different, shaved and toned down. (People said he went from a leather-wearing, never shaves or cuts his hair muscle-bound tattoo covered biker to a smaller, leather wearing not tattoo covered shaved biker. However, I still don't think he was muscle bound, he just looked plain overweight to me before.)

However, some article someone posted somewhere said that some are now taller (including Zoey), and that their clothing is somewhat brighter or more different from the zombies. Also, Zoey is supposedly more trendy looking, but I don't remember her looking different, so I can't comment on that.

The old pictures are on Wikipedia still, if you search for any recent gameplay videos you should be able to see their new outfits. (Well, 3/4ths of them, 1 character will be in first person). But it pretty much seems like the most visible difference is that none of the characters have facial hair anymore, and Francis isn't a fatty.

Anyways, as long as I can purchase this at Gamestop for the PC (and I'll be sad if I can't), I can get this in November. Otherwise I'll have to wait for Christmas. But still, I want this game, and I plan on getting it.
Francis I don't even notice. He's a biker hobo.

Bill became a wanna be vet.

Zoey is now a hippie-terrorist-freak. I mean, seriously. Before, at least she looked *competent.*

Louis is now a protagonist. :'D

Quote (Hiko)

Just remember that the most effective zombie weapons are "lobotomizers" (double-sided battle axes that convert to shovels) and single-shot bolt-action rifles. Perhaps a few handguns, just in case they're annoying to hit with the lobotomizer.

Har Har Har.

I don't know what you're going off of, but bludegeoning weapons are clearly better for Zombie whacking, as the heavy head doesn't require a smattering of force to use, and large battleaxes are unwieldy when dealing with the undead. Pistols are worthless, you want guns that can reliably take out heads, like good rifles and shotguns.

And when dealing with zombies, fire is always good.
No.
You want to be able to cut clean into the brain of the zombie. Battleaxes aren't too heavy, and also aren't likely to be sharp ANYWAYS.

That, and a lobotomizer isn't a battleaxe. It's more of a sharpened club with a shovel on the end.

Ever tried to use a rifle when a zombie is a foot away from you? Pistols aren't even a foot long. I've shot both, and from experience, pistols should at least blow them back a foot or two.

FIRE?! DO YOU REALLY WANT A FLAMING, WALKING CORPSE ATTACKING YOU!?

Fire would take much too long to actually work. You want the BRAIN. BRAAAAIIIIN.

Quote (KamikazeLord)

I don't know what you're going off of, but bludegeoning weapons are clearly better for Zombie whacking, as the heavy head doesn't require a smattering of force to use, and large battleaxes are unwieldy when dealing with the undead. Pistols are worthless, you want guns that can reliably take out heads, like good rifles and shotguns.

Actually, a really big, heavy weapon would be excellent against zombies. I'd take a shovel over a sword any day.

See, I don't need to obliterate a zombie and keep it from attacking anyone ever again-- I need to escape from it. A heavy weapon might not be graceful, but it doesn't take any skill to hit zombies with a big stick. I see what Hiko's getting at, what with the sharp edge being able to hew limbs and smash into the skull, but if you knock a zombie onto its butt, you have enough time to either finish it, or get the hell out. The latter option is better because you don't risk getting hurt and infected with either the T-virus or a more mundane nastiness that'll kill you due to your difficulty in finding medical supplies.

Any gun that is to be used against zombies is going to have to be very high-caliber. A .22 might protect you against a person, but zombies aren't afraid of having a gun pointed at them, nor do they feel pain. This is perhaps the only use you will ever have for a Desert Eagle, as a .50 bullet is, like, four times the size and weight of a .22 bullet.

A shotgun is, of course, ideal.
Maybe a sawn-off, at best. Full-length shotguns have recoils like a bitch and are a bit bulky to carry around WITH your Desert Eagle, rifles, lobotomizer, etc... the lobotomizer technically is a shovel, by the way. :'D
Erm.

Sawed off shotguns have *more* recoil.