Left 4 Dead

Yeah.

But it's also not recoil that slams into your shoulder repeatedly.
One-handed is easier.
...It has the *same* power as a shotgun. It may not bang repeatedly into your arm, but with the shorter barrel and *less* distribution to your shoulder... What do you think will happen?

*Especially* with one hand? ;;>>
I have no idea what practical application a sawed-off shotgun has. You can hide it better, I guess, but why? No weapon of that size is ever going to be easily concealed no matter what you do to it.

And yeah, if it doesn't have a stock, then it's going to break your wrist instead of bruising your shoulder. Yay!

I still stand by my statement that Desert Eagles are for people with small penises. There's no reason you'll ever need a gun that size. Ever.
The practical reason for a sawed-off shotgun is for very close range. The reduction of barrel length makes the pellets have an even wider spread, making it so that you have to be even less accurate to hit someone. Additionally, it can be concealed in a large coat more easily, but the just cone of fire is really the purpose. Oh, and they would also have slightly reduced recoil and muzzle velocity, no idea how you would think it could get more, except that it is a bit lighter.

I would consider doing this. I will see if I have a picture of myself, it has been a very long time since I remember taking one.
Have any of you actually fired a shotgun before?

I own a 20 gauge shotgun, which is fairly standard. Yes, you have more recoil than a rifle, but if you think it's bad enough to hurt you to the point where it would stop you from using it, you are obviously a pansy. I've fired 4 shots in a row with not so much as even reddening my skin, much less bruising. I've also gone through an entire box of shells shooting clays and didn't even have a sore shoulder the next morning. If you actually bother to fire a weapon properly, you'll be fine.

And Robo is correct. A person doesn't saw of a shotgun to conceal it, they do it to cause more damage.
It's been a while since I have fired a shotgun. When I did, I think it was an over under (one barrel on top of the other, as compared to side-to-side) 12 gauge. I was but a wee lad back then and I do remember it stinging each time I pulled the trigger, but it didn't leave any physical evidence. I'd prefer my father's M1 Carbine to a shotgun in a Zombie Apocalypse situation. It's semi automatic, very quick to reload, and packs a great punch. If it can kill armored Nazis, I won't have any trouble with zombies. But if I manage to run into armored Nazi zombies , I'd switch back to my scythe. I hope you liked death, cus it's reaping time!

Quote (SpaceMonkeySteve)

I own a 20 gauge shotgun, which is fairly standard. Yes, you have more recoil than a rifle, but if you think it's bad enough to hurt you to the point where it would stop you from using it, you are obviously a pansy. I've fired 4 shots in a row with not so much as even reddening my skin, much less bruising. I've also gone through an entire box of shells shooting clays and didn't even have a sore shoulder the next morning. If you actually bother to fire a weapon properly, you'll be fine.

Quote (The_Grim_Reaper)

I'd prefer my father's M1 Carbine to a shotgun in a Zombie Apocalypse situation. It's semi automatic, very quick to reload, and packs a great punch. If it can kill armored Nazis, I won't have any trouble with zombies.

...this is just more proof that Canada is superior.
Woo! I love shootin' stuff with my pappy's guns! I like huntin', then eatin', squirrels, chipmunks, and old soda cans! America, F&*k yea!

My dad purchased some guns in college as an investment. He also accumulated more during his time in the army (mainly pistols, no M16s or SAWs unfortunately...). 90% of them haven't been opened, let alone fired. So if something happens where we need some money, he can sell these almost antique (and possibly rare) firearms in a time of need. It certainly is an odd investment, but it might be save us if something bad happens.
*saves everything for a later date*

Quote (SpaceMonkeySteve)

Have any of you actually fired a shotgun before?

Yes. And rifles. And pistols.

Obviously a pansy...? -.- I'm not even going to bother with that one.

OH BOYO. FOUR SHOTS IN A ROW. :'D And, most people don't know how to fire shotguns properly-- most people are under the impression that it's a hip-fired weapon.

I still think that single-shot rifles, even if they're not bolt-action, et cetera, are the best weapons if you know how to use them. Bang! Headshot! They usually have a good, long range, and will cleanly destroy the head of any zombie. You don't need .50 caliber bullets to blow off a head. You need only to disable the brain. Yeah, yeah, shotguns have a wider blast range at close range. Instead, use a lobotomizer and save yourself the ammo.
I thought you never did trap, Hiko. >_>;

Well, I myself have also fired standard .22 long rifles, a 12 gauge shotgun, and a .22 Pistol. Fun stuff.
*Resurrects Zombie Discussion*

So, supposedly the official System Requirements for L4D have been found.

Quote (Left4Deadforums.com)

Doug Lombardi of Valve today confirmed the system requirements to play Left 4 Dead.

We've just recieved an email from Valve's Doug Lombardi about the System Requirements for Left 4 Dead. A recent update emerged quoting incorrect system requirements on the yougamers.com website, Doug confirmed that they are incorrect. And attached the real system requirements from the actual box:

Quote ()

* CPU: 3.0 GHz P4, Dual Core 2.0 or AMD64X2 (or higher)
        * RAM: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista
        * DISC DRIVE: DVD-ROM Drive
        * HARD DRIVE: At least 7.5 GB of free space
        * VIDEO: Direct X 9 compatible video card (Video card must be 256 MB or more and should be a DirectX 9-compatible with support for pixel shader 2.0)
        * SOUND: Direct X9.0c compatible sound card

There you have it folks, Get ready.
Halflife2.net » Blog Archive Left 4 Dead Official System Requirements

Unfortunately, I don't meet the CPU or RAM requirements (And I have noi Idea about my Sound and video cards, but they're default Dell things, so I'll assume they're Iffy.)

I'll just have to go on the basis that the Orange Box works, (albeit with some lag) and cross my fingers and hope this works... Oh well, I'm getting it even if I have to wait 2 years for a new PC or something.

With only a month and 20 days to go, people should start getting excited about this, right?

~Lux
29 Days left, stateside, at least.

Supposedly, $60 Xbox360, $50 PC.

Demo Slated for early November, including intro movie and beginning of Mercy/ Hospital Levels.

Also, achievements are now known.

[/update]

~Lux
Since I got my self a new laptop, I think I'll actually try this game on PC
Resurrection Jutsu?

Anyways, who actually has bought this, what are your steam ID's, and when can I vomit on your face?

Quote (Leon)

Resurrection Jutsu?

Anyways, who actually has bought this, what are your steam ID's, and when can I vomit on your face?

Mine's pyn1103...but...for "certain circumstances," I can only create room and go local only *shifty eyes* Don't worry, the internet connection on campus is pretty quick XD
[[Speaks for multiple people without their consent]]

I have the game, and due to legal circumstances I cam play the entire game the way that it should be played. [Goroke...]

Anyway, On Steam my name is Lux. Technically, but I can never remember, SteamID is the one you sign up with, right? If so then it's LuxLumen. Either way, profile's here.

Legoroy and PA also have L4D. I haven;t played with them, but I do see their achievements updated constantly.

And RE:RN has a steam group Here, so that should help a little.

PA and Lego can be seen there.

And you can never vomit on my face, I won't let you.
Except you probably would anyway, since I'm not that incredible at all.

So, if people want to play with me feel free to message me on Steam. I'm pretty much always logged in. Whether or not I can play depends on workload and such, but I should be able to often enough.

~Lux

Most interesting. Thanks for the infos

Quote (Lux)

[[Speaks for multiple people without their consent]]

I have the game, and due to legal circumstances I cam play the entire game the way that it should be played. [Goroke...]

Anyway, On Steam my name is Lux. Technically, but I can never remember, SteamID is the one you sign up with, right? If so then it's LuxLumen. Either way, profile's here.

Legoroy and PA also have L4D. I haven;t played with them, but I do see their achievements updated constantly.

And RE:RN has a steam group Here, so that should help a little.

PA and Lego can be seen there.

And you can never vomit on my face, I won't let you.
Except you probably would anyway, since I'm not that incredible at all.

So, if people want to play with me feel free to message me on Steam. I'm pretty much always logged in. Whether or not I can play depends on workload and such, but I should be able to often enough.

~Lux

My brother's always the one playing L4D on my account, seeing as we only bought one copy of the game. ;~;
So, good chance that it's him you're playing with.