Sony: "OH SNAP!"

wow. I remember expecting ps3 to turn out sextacular. Didn't people kill others to get ps3? I wonder how they feel now
WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! I KNEW THE PS3 WAS GONNA TANK WITH THE HIGH PRICE AND FEW GOOD GAMES! I PREDICT THAT BY NEXT YEAR THE PS3 IS GONNA DIE!
*holds up PS3-shaped coffin*
>: D
XBOX 360 FTW!!!
*holds up 360*
*burries a PS3* *holds up the wii* WII FTW!!!

Quote (yahiko9040)

*holds up PS3-shaped coffin*
XBOX 360 FTW!!!
*holds up 360*

360 FTL sir.

Quote (darkstar1006)

*burries a PS3* *holds up the wii* WII FTW!!!

Yes. I rather like PS3 tho, and, i'm gonna get one sometime, yknow, once there's good games (FF13, DMC4, and there was another game i heard about for ps3 but idr what it is) once the glitches are teh gone and once it's price is teh low.
The price is never going to be "Teh low". Due to the Blu-Ray player, it shall nevah drop! And besides, the PS3 is better than the 360. Sony just hardcore dropped the ball.

Quote (EpsilonX)

wow. I remember expecting ps3 to turn out sextacular. Didn't people kill others to get ps3? I wonder how they feel now

No, people got robbed waiting in line for the PS3 and a few died by refusing to hand over their cash, is all. Though really, Sony's probably still in denial about how badly their doing in this console war. I read an article a while back where they talked with some big wig from Sony and asked him what he thought about the fact that you could easily find PS3s on the shelf while Wiis were hard to find. The guy denied it, saying he bet the interviewer such and such an amount that they could call any store, ask them if they had PS3 in stock, and they would either get the response no or that they just got some in but they were going quick. Of course, the guy pointed out to the man that they had done just that a few times before the interview and found them easy to find, but the guy still had his head so far up his ass that he basically acted like they were full of shit. Really, I used to have respect for Sony, but after reading about all the arrogance they have, now the company just pisses me off.

Also, what the hell was up with the commercials they put out before the launch? They were creepy, rather than encouraging. Of course, since I'm a Nintendo guy, my opinion is sort of biased.
I'm a sony fan....but i want a Wii
*Holds up a PS3: It's sick*

*Hold's up a wii, it's pass out from exhaustion*

*Holds up a 360, it does nothing*

In conclusion....WAIT ON THOSE CONSOLES!
Iduno, Majin. The rubix cube one was kinda cool...

Anyway, PS3 sucks for one reason: the price. The price that was inflated by adding that stupid BluRay, which was completely unneccesary in almost all regards. The fraction of benifeit was no where near the price. The fact that there are little game selection doesn't help, either. Most game designers won't make games for something that doesn't sell, so this will only get worse as third party developers move to Microsoft and Nintendo.

Anyway, in the WEEK following the PS3/Wii launch, when I was in search of the elusive Wii, I found at LEAST 3 PS3's at each store in that I checked, which was almost every single one in the COUNTY. One store had eight. I even saw TWO returns/trade-ins for 360s. All of this in the WEEK after it came out. I only JUST found a Wii, and I've been searching since release.

Compounded by the poor PS3 sales, part of the 2 billion loss was pile of suck that is the PSP, which is an entire different load of bullshit, that I won't get into here.

In conclusion: When I move into my Dorm next year, it will contain my Wii, My roomate's Xbox360, and his PS2.
I would like to raise a point concerning the sheer absence of Wii's around the country, that's it's not necessarily due to excellent sales but rather a lack of stock that is making the Wii so difficult to find.

While there's nothing 100% about this theory, it has been speculated that Nintendo is deliberately producing insufficient systems to create a higher demand for the system. Not to mention the good reviews. You guys have said it yourselves, the sheer fact that there are no Wii systems in stores seems to indicate their ability to sell. It just makes Nintendo and the Wii look better.

As for myself, I still have yet to see one damn Wii near me and I'm starting to get slightly frustrated looking, heh.

Quote (Tom)

I would like to raise a point concerning the sheer absence of Wii's around the country, that's it's not necessarily due to excellent sales but rather a lack of stock that is making the Wii so difficult to find.

While there's nothing 100% about this theory, it has been speculated that Nintendo is deliberately producing insufficient systems to create a higher demand for the system. Not to mention the good reviews. You guys have said it yourselves, the sheer fact that there are no Wii systems in stores seems to indicate their ability to sell. It just makes Nintendo and the Wii look better.

As for myself, I still have yet to see one damn Wii near me and I'm starting to get slightly frustrated looking, heh.

Well, Nintendo sold a lot more Wii's a lot faster than everybody expected. Your theory would require Nintendo to somehow know that their new and uncertain way of the controler would be a hit. Nintendo has also increased production since the lack of Wii's became apparent, which would be counterproductive to this theory.

Heh, I was just at the store, buying lunch. They had nine PS3 waiting on the shelf.
I used to think Microsoft was the lesser of the 3. Now Sony have gone and fallen off the podium of success.

*cries for MGS4 and RaC*
Tom, that sounds a bit like what Sony did not too long ago; Each store recieved no more than ten (the maximum by far) systems, which sold out pretty quickly, oddly enough. When they started calling in, complaining that they were out of stock, Sony took the initiative to declare the phenomenon the result of the PS3's quality and Sony's managing skill, rather than meagre understocking.

I have my suspicions on the origins of the Wii side, considering.
Ouch...Seriously, if Sony lowered the price by 200. It'll sell out instantly and EVERYONE would be happy, but NOOOOO!!!

Quote (Goroke)

Ouch...Seriously, if Sony lowered the price by 200. It'll sell out instantly and EVERYONE would be happy, but NOOOOO!!!

Everybody but Sony, that is. Dropping the price like that could cause massive damage to them!
Actually, given the amount of PS3s that are just sitting on the shelves--this way they'd at least get back some of their investment.

Quote (Savage King)

I have my suspicions on the origins of the Wii side, considering.

Join the Wii side. We have remote controls.
The origin of the Wii is a demonic penis.

But yeah. I laugh at Sony's face. And I laugh hard. I might puke out my lungs on top of them.