Sony: "OH SNAP!"

Demonic penis?

Pazuzu invented the Wii?

It all makes sense now. D:
Well, as for Nintendo purposely underproducing to make them sell better, that doesn't change the fact that the Wii's opening week sold more units than the 360 and the PS3's opening weeks in just about every major market that they are availible in. Plus, looking at total sales, the Wii still outclasses the PS3, and actually comes fairly close to the 360, which has been out for what, a full year longer?

If they are underproducing, by all means, stop doing so, so that your sales will increase to new heights.
if you guys could get a PS3 for $400 would you buy it?

my opinion: re-do the PS3 without the Blu-Ray and make it cheaper. Give it HDdvd or something. More people would want them, and it'd cost less. (blue ray's kinda...pointless)

i dont think that'd work tho, considering the games that are already out probably need the bluray to play...re-release them!
Um, for reference, I'm pretty sure a lot more Wiis than PS3s were made, so trying to say that's part of the reason they're beating the tar out of Sony is kind of bogus. Someone in here said that a store could get no more than 10 PS3s at launch, right? The store I went to had at least 20 Wiis.

Quote (MajinBooger)

Um, for reference, I'm pretty sure a lot more Wiis than PS3s were made, so trying to say that's part of the reason they're beating the tar out of Sony is kind of bogus. Someone in here said that a store could get no more than 10 PS3s at launch, right? The store I went to had at least 20 Wiis.

Yeah, but all of those Wii's where sold, and the PS3's still remain on the shelf. It doesn't matter if you produce less if you even can't sell that.

Quote (Drakim)

Quote (Goroke)

Ouch...Seriously, if Sony lowered the price by 200. It'll sell out instantly and EVERYONE would be happy, but NOOOOO!!!

Everybody but Sony, that is. Dropping the price like that could cause massive damage to them!

Fine, by 100. But that'll at least get people to start buying PS3!

Quote ()

my opinion: re-do the PS3 without the Blu-Ray and make it cheaper. Give it HDdvd or something. More people would want them, and it'd cost less. (blue ray's kinda...pointless)

i dont think that'd work tho, considering the games that are already out probably need the bluray to play...re-release them!

That would be good IF HD-DVD wins the competition between Blu-Ray. If HD-DVD wins, PS3 is going to hit rock bottom and even further. If Blu-Ray wins, PS3 will stay the same (And 360 will put like a 200$ upgrade to change to Blu-Ray from HD XD)
Heh, had to get the conspiracy theory out there. At any rate, saying the PS3 is dead already seems like it's jumping the gun a bit. Let's see, where is it... Ahah! Yeah, Game Informer had an article about this with some details. While the PS3 might not have beaten the 360 straight out of the gate, PS3 sales still surpassed Xbox 360 sales by a little over 50,000 units in it's first three months. In the USA at anyrate.

All the bad media can hardly be doing anything for the PS3 either. Then there's the lack of any big name games, the killer ap, and yet they've still managed to sell this much to gamers with a big wallet and... uhh... rabid fanboys, shoot, I dunno.

As soon as the PS3 manages to nail down some decent titles, I wouldn't be surprised to see a little bit of a turnaround. And let's not forget that as technology gets older, the price does go down. In a year, we can probably expect a 100 dollar drop in the PS3.

Besides it's pricetag, the PS3 is very much in the market. The coming of PS3:Home is rather exciting and it can certainly claim that it's online play is ready, something that the Wii is, unfortunately, not quite ready for, with no projected date for online play to become available.

But eh, y'know. I'd still like a Wii. Any day now. But so long as my nearby Wal-Mart, Gamestop, and Gamepro continue to get 10 units a month, collectively, I'm not getting squat...

Quote (Goroke)

Quote (Drakim)

Quote (Goroke)

Ouch...Seriously, if Sony lowered the price by 200. It'll sell out instantly and EVERYONE would be happy, but NOOOOO!!!

Everybody but Sony, that is. Dropping the price like that could cause massive damage to them!

Fine, by 100. But that'll at least get people to start buying PS3!

Quote ()

That would be good IF HD-DVD wins the competition between Blu-Ray. If HD-DVD wins, PS3 is going to hit rock bottom and even further. If Blu-Ray wins, PS3 will stay the same (And 360 will put like a 200$ upgrade to change to Blu-Ray from HD XD)

well, then just a regular dvd player! I don't understand Blu-Ray anyways. People buy dvds. good enough.
Blu-Ray and HDDVDs are the new formats. Soon(Read: Once people figure out which of the two is better) regular DVDs will become obsolete and everyone will have to upgrade anyway. Much like the battle between Beta and VHS, one of the formats will win out and the big change will come. Give it a year or so, and we will probably all have to shell out a few bills for either a Blu-Ray player or an HDDVD player in order to get the best quality movies. If Blu-Ray wins, Sony will be sitting pretty. If not...Then they'll have some serious thinking to do.
will we still be able to watch regular DVD's on blu-ray/hddvd
I...Have no idea actually. Possibly?

Quote ()

Besides it's pricetag, the PS3 is very much in the market. The coming of PS3:Home is rather exciting and it can certainly claim that it's online play is ready, something that the Wii is, unfortunately, not quite ready for, with no projected date for online play to become available.

I am pretty sure the newest Pokemon game for the Wii is online.

Quote ()

will we still be able to watch regular DVD's on blu-ray/hddvd

If I remember correctly, only HDDVD can play old DVDs on default. You need a specialy expensive super Blueray to play old DVDs.
Thing is, not even the storage capacity of the dual layered DVD is used. The only recent game that comes to my mind and needs more than a normal dvd is God of War2, with its more than 6gigs of space used. However, that is still nowhere near the limit of the dual layers total capacity.

Sony only decided on bluray to show how nextgen they are.....
Buh dam.

Looks like this may be the end of the line for a gaming company.

Maybe.

Nut I still like nintendo better.

Quote (Drakim)

Quote ()

I am pretty sure the newest Pokemon game for the Wii is online.

What he's talking about is not just online play through games but is an actual system similar to Second Life. An interactable PS3 planet.
Pokemon Battle Revolution is the first Wii game that will go online. Super Smash Brothers Brawl will be going online too. There will be an Animal Crossing eventually that'll be WiFi too. Don't know about MySims. There'll be plenty of WiFi games eventually, just like the DS games.

Quote (Shuryou)

Quote (Savage King)

I have my suspicions on the origins of the Wii side, considering.

Join the Wii side. We have remote controls.
The origin of the Wii is a demonic penis.

But yeah. I laugh at Sony's face. And I laugh hard. I might puke out my lungs on top of them.

>:3
I must admit, the Wii is fun.
However, the games just AREN'T quality. 360 games are just WIN.
>:3D
I ESPECIALLY wouldn't want to have a Wii if the origin was a demonic penis, SHURYOU. >>
RED STEEL FTW!!!!!!!!!
True. 360 is fun too. It has some nice games that are fun to play.
*rides over some zombies with a lawnmower* : D
XDXDXD
*shoots down Covenant with various weaponry*
>:3D
Halo. PWNS.