Hello

Quote (Blizzard8088)

So I can't use Airstep + Gust to fly over hazardous terrain?

That's fine. Though keep in mind that you'll have to "land" sometime. If someone changed the entire field to lava or some such damaging terrain, you won't be able to get around it without shoes. And you will still be effected by elemental combos if the field is a certain type.
Oh good.

Thanks.
To give another answer. It is possible for a navi to gain flight permanently, This is done through navi custom programs,aka NCP parts, the current method is to get Airshoes part(lets you move over broken and/or missing panels), and Float Shoes(lets you ignore terrain types with regards to buffs/debuffs), having both equipped at the same time, is an undertaking to achieve, but they grant full flight to the navi. Which given your questions seems to be a goal you'd like to shoot for.

Quote ()

Which given your questions seems to be a goal you'd like to shoot for.

Without a doubt.

Thanks. That cleared it up.
Getting Omnishoes (Floatshoes + Airshoes) does cost quite a bit to get, but imo the reward is worth it. With Omnishoes, you can move into high altitude with a movement action, it's essentially Airstep without the risk of having viruses and objects follow you (but much, MUCH more expensive).

As for right now, you can use gust, airstep or even just a simple "Strategic Movement" action to avoid terrain/ground objects. (ex: Strategic Movement: Jump over line of lava panels ahead). Once you get Floatshoes, you can hover over hazardous terrain, while Airshoes allows you to fly over broken panels; you are still susceptible to ground attacks-type attacks though. Combine them together, and you essentially have full flight capabilities.
I have some questions.

If I use a custom weapon to perform an action, does that action have to deal damage? If not, great. If so, does it deal full damage, or 1 damage? How would I write this into a summary?

Rageclaws can be used to slash and throw things, but says it has a variety of other uses. Can I use one to grapple or grip things?

Does a rageclaw really have to look like a bear claw?

... That no longer need answering.

On a whim, I read that thread that Azureink linked earlier, and found all the answers to the above, and then some. So, now I have a different set of questions.

Is it possible to do a partial charged shot with my buster?

I noticed an Aqua Navi was able to freeze something to her finger using a buster charge. Could Voyager do something like conduct electricity in the same manner?

How long does a buster charge last?

How many charges can I amass at one time?

Can I perform other actions, such as attack, while holding charges?

The rules talk about subtype abilities that are used with the charged buster, but I do not see them listed in the subtype rules. What am I missing here?
Most of these tend to depend on the mod. Some of them will let you get away with more, some of them won't let you get away with anything. On average though, in order:

-No.

-Depends entirely on the mod. I don't think most of them will let you do that though

-Generally, either until it is used or the end of the battle

-Two

-That is likely either something that was changed, or a typo. Navis with an element other than Null will use charge attacks of that element, but no subtype ability exclusively affects charge attacks. Unless otherwise specified however, abilities like Bash or Gust can be added to charge attacks.
Thanks.

One more question.

Can I perform other actions, such as attack, while holding charges?
Yes.

EDIT - Link to new member using buster charges. In this battle he charges up and then attacks (knocking the opponent down) before unloading. As you can see, you can attempt to do things that are not normal actions, like knockdown an opponent or grab them when they are stunned, by spending actions.
That was very helpful. Thanks.

I have yet another question. Is it acceptable to re-register your default form (I have yet to find a term for this) at a later date for RP reasons? It's not the GMOs, but the one you start with.
Re-register as in change? Yes, you can change your Navi's default appearance, and you'd do that in the "Profile Edits/Appearance Changes" area of the registration section.
I just got my first object chip: a remote bit. If this works here like it does in the games, then the tower sits there while the remote bit moves about and zaps things. What I want to know is: do I get control over the remote bit (because that would be hella awesome)?

Damage dealing aside, just think of all the uses for a portable panel punch / tesla coil / platform.
You can control the remotebit
And it counts as a free action.
Has it really been 16 days since this project at work began? Time goes by so fast when you are busy.

Thanks once again for your help. It will be so awesome to get to play with the Remote Bit. And; I have another question. Well, several of them.

First, and let's get the stupid question out of the way... can a homepage be a location Navigators can physically visit, and perhaps interact with each other? A place complete with gateway, panels, objects, and a lack of viruses, I would hope.
Stupid question answered.

All right then. If I have my character put together a homepage, can I have him dictate the terrain and objects to be found within? I'm thinking on a small scale: no buildings or other major constructs. The idea I have is not fully formed at this time, but I do want to know if I can create a small space that is much like the network, only I get to describe it and put things* in it.

*: Viruses not among them.

Next, I want to know what limitations there are on interacting with the net between battles. To be more specific, this time Voyager has run across some Solar Panels. It seems to me that hanging around after the battle to recharge vital HP is a very good idea for a fragile Navi like him; assuming he's still alive by then. Can I do this?

Also, do WindBox Viruses affect my enemies as well as myself? They only affected the player in the games, but here may be a different story. I'm only asking because my Navi is supposed to have a lot of experience with them already, but I, as a new player, do not. I would not be asking, except I already role played myself into a corner.

Lastly, I was thinking about trying to do a mission. It says the rewards are Zenny and Chips for standard missions.

Can I specify how much Zenny I want? I'm assuming the difficulty of the mission would change depending on the rewards requested.
Nevermind.

Can I specify what Battlechip(s) I'm looking for? I assume I'd have to be careful not to ask for something really rare, lest I get Voyager killed.
Nevermind.

Can I request NCPs, or should I opt for Zenny and buy one instead? The thread doesn't say. They're digital data, like Zenny and Battlechip data, so I think this could work. Again, this is based on the assumption that mission difficulty would change with the request.
(I'm surprised I didn't cross that one out.)

I thought about asking if upgrades could be mission rewards, but that looks to me like an ugly can of worms better left closed. I would rather just ask for Zenny than open it.

I think that was everything.
Might be added to by others.

1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I gather, you are thinking of a homepage as a sort of "custom battlefield". It's really nothing more than a piece of RP fluff. And of course, RP fluff is customizable to very interesting lengths. Go wild.

2. Interaction between battles with the battlefield post-battle is... variable. It's certainly not common, but I have seen instances of it. I think there was a scene with some Onsen paneling being used for some non-combat interaction, and there was HP recovery. Was in Rogue Hades, I think? I'm not sure.

(PS: I was the one who modded that topic, so I don't know about other mods.)

3. Windboxes only affect the side they're on. If you summoned one, then it's on your side, it won't affect you, and vice versa.

4. You can request for NCPs as mission rewards. There are certainly some that are not sold at the Navi Shop. Of course, expect a difficulty curve relative to the power level of the reward requested.

Also wow is that mission guideline thread old.

Quote (Fera)

Also wow is that mission guideline thread old.

Mission Guideline Thread has been updated.

Wololololo.

Quote (Fera)

1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I gather, you are thinking of a homepage as a sort of "custom battlefield". It's really nothing more than a piece of RP fluff. And of course, RP fluff is customizable to very interesting lengths. Go wild.

Nothing of the sort. I don't plan for there to be any fighting there, but who knows what the future will hold? What I do plan to do with it is a secret for now. But I will take your advice and try something pretty wild.

Thanks for answering my questions. However, I do have to ask: why does mod response to player actions vary so much? Correct me if I'm wrong, but how is a player to learn what they can and cannot do if the answer changes every time? I've gotten this response before with regards to questions, and it worries me that my characters will learn something about the way this world works only to have that bite them in the butt later when it no longer works that way and nobody told them that. Perhaps this is unavoidable in a large RP run by multiple staff members, but you've got to at least understand where I'm coming from, right?

On a less plaintive note, will an Elec Element object also regenerate on Solar Panels?
We try to cut down on that wherever possible, so if you notice any particularly jarring inconsistencies in your topics, speak up!
Will do.

Also, will an Elec Element object regenerate HP on Solar Panels? I'll be placing one on them regardless this turn, but I was curious.