Navi Bodysuits...

I have seen Navis WITH and WITHOUT bodysuits. You know the suits that covers their entire body except their face? Yeah. My first two Navis didn't have bodysuits, so I thought they weren't actually Navis... Solaria and Divinity both wear bodysuits, but now I'm thinking of removing Divinity's bodysuit from her design so I can have more human clothes for her in the future, while keeping bodysuits in particular GMOs.

But I don't know if she's still a Navi if she has no bodysuit... So I ask you people... Is a Navi still a Navi without a bodysuit? Can a Navi live with a bodysuit? I never did understand the importance of the bodysuit they wear, besides the fact all original Navis from the games wear bodysuits.

I'd like to ask the members of RERN now what their opinion is on the 'bodysuits' of Navis. Please post and vote in the poll above.
None of my navis have actually worn bodysuits. Yes, Pianissimo's armor covers his entire body, but it was never intended for that to be a bodysuit.
Hell, Red doesn't wear a bodysuit, so I say no.
I like to break it down like this...

In the games you see different grades of Navis. NormalNavis are the androgynous ones. The guys with funny-shaped heads, faces, and colored armor are CustomNavis, as I understand it. The playable Navis and the ones on Navi Chips are assumed to be a cut above these.

All of our Navis are like Rockman-- a cut above the fellows with funny-shaped heads. I like to say that they're built from scratch, and so don't need to follow any Navi conventions. They don't even need to be the same shape. I'm talking SharkMan, NumberMan, and... uh... Shinokami.
i think i had Kemix have a body suit.......and i think Ona had a body suit too........i can't remeber, oh well, anyways, i say no to body suits being requiered.
All of my friends usually register with body suits...so I voted yes.Most of the navis in rockman DO have armor on their chest and legs.
Well, you know my whole idea. Navis would be significantly more advanced now and would probably be designed for better human interface. Therefore, they could be more like humans; this would probably mean that they could choose not to wear a bodysuit.

That's just my take on it, anyways.
I don't see why it would be a requirement.
Well, I guess this kinds of shows the opinions of members. Thanks for the help all.
I'm going to take the liberty of stating the obvious by saying that navi bodysuits are not manly. They should be revoked in favor of unflinchingly masculine plaid sweaters.
I never really thought about it. Druidman, while entirely covered by other things, never really had a 'bodysuit' either. Seeing as how you can make Navi's or GMO's to represent some very obscure things (Kaze from way back on RECN comes to mind) I don't see how not having aa bodysuit would be the end of the world.
Come to think of it, you could say the same about the logos. How many Navis today still have their emblems?
Well, I have both Logo and navisuit... For me both are requirement for a navi. Then again, this shouldn't stop anyone from doing a navi without them.

Quote (Nalerenn)

Come to think of it, you could say the same about the logos. How many Navis today still have their emblems?

Actually, I think quite a few people still do. I know Pianissimo has one.
MeleeMan and DimensionMan both do. MeleeMan's emblem is displayed on the sides of his helmet while DimensionMan's is on his belt instead.
Divinity has hers on the sides of her visor. And she has crosses hanging from her shoulder armor, as depicted in... This picture... Below here...

One on her chest too.
Haze has a body suit, and a tiny emblem inside the gems on his chest and belt. They ain't necessary though.

The way I see it, it's probably easier to make a navi with a bodysuit and the emblems are just a style thing.
From an IC point of view, a Navi is simply an AI encased in a 3D model with battle routines. If anything, the only required thing would be their program itself, which as far as I know, has no limits to where it could be placed. The symbols on some Navis in the games were on their chests, to emulate the idea of hearts. However, it could just as easily be placed in the Navi's foot or ear, unless I'm mistaken. At least, that's how I justify the lack of one.

As for the bodysuit, again, it's a 3D model. It can be anything.

Quote (Nalerenn)

From an IC point of view, a Navi is simply an AI encased in a 3D model with battle routines. If anything, the only required thing would be their program itself, which as far as I know, has no limits to where it could be placed. The symbols on some Navis in the games were on their chests, to emulate the idea of hearts. However, it could just as easily be placed in the Navi's foot or ear, unless I'm mistaken. At least, that's how I justify the lack of one.

As for the bodysuit, again, it's a 3D model. It can be anything.

However, judging by the prevalence of bodysuits it can be ascertained that it is likely far easier to use the bodysuit as a base, at the very least. Perhaps the defulat model that most Navies are built from assumes a bodysuit as a default, or it could simply be a difficult part to come up with an alternative for. As for the emblem, each Navi likely has one (to use as an icon for a Soulcross at the very least) but the placement on the Navi's external graphics is simply a matter of style. After all, if you had a symbol that represented you, wouldn't you want to show it?
Runeknight is dressed in black armor from head to toe...I guess that is kinda like a bodysuit. As for the emblem, it is embroidered on his cape.