Soryu's Custom Chip Trader

Well, this wasn't exactly going well. Andrew sighed, taking the chip and shoving it right back into the trader with a few more. If this turned out similar results, he was just going to get out before gambler's fallacy or whatever it was set in.

[Insert: Guard1, IronShield1, Boomerang1]
WHIRR! WHIRR! WHIRR! WHIRR!

Now that was more like it.

Andrew LOSE: Guard1, IronShield1, Boomerang1
Andrew GET: HeatBreath2
After a brief conversation with Soryu, with her basically saying 'I wouldn't know, I don't play video games', Naomi meandered to the chip trader with her new chips. "All right, I got some junk to play with. Let's see what we get!"

Shuri, who was still in hologram form, looked at the device with a raised eyebrow. "Isn't that a chip trader?"

"It is. I overheard someone talking about it at the cafe, so I thought I'd see what the fuss is about! You just put in three chips, like so..." One, two, three Recover10 in. "Then, you press the lever, and get a randomized chip! Dunno what we'll get, but if we're lucky, it'll be something good!"

"Actually, if I'm not mistaken, that's a special one. If you put a better chip into that first slot, you're more likely to get something good."

"Oh? Well, I guess you don't really NEED that CustomSword..."

"Do it, and I'm erasing every file I find at the law firm."

"Sheesh, can't you take a joke...?" Junk chips in place, she hit the lever, and awaited the result...

[Order of Insert:
1-Recover10, Recover10, Recover10]
The chip reader whirs for a moment, before dispensing...another chip, this one of considerably higher value than the buy-in chips. Luck of the draw!

Naomi LOSE: Recov10 x3
Naomi GET: FlameScales1
Arch stumbled into the chip shop, reeking of fire-smoke and beer. The evening, while growing darker by the minute, was still plenty full enough of kids playing that the park had been the last place he'd wanted to sit and drink his stout. Walking and drinking, on the other hand, had possessed his own set of problems, which was why he was now wearing a fair deal of his previous can on his shirt.

He leaned against a wall, making sure it didn't have any merchandise on it, and sighed. He felt disgusting, more like a bum than a human being, and yet there was nothing for it until the smoke cleared out of his apartment...which could take hours. Choosing to try and make the most of it, he looked around the brightly-lit, colourful store. Just a few days ago he'd never have even thought about coming into a place like this, yet his new position as a Net-Operator suddenly made everything around him relevant. Rows upon rows of chip displays, displaying image after image of viruses and Navis and who knew what else. Finally, something spotted the tipsy man's eye: an innocent machine, resting in the corner.

Arch stood before it, ignoring everything and everyone else in the store, reading the instructions as they passed and then looking at his new collection of chips. He'd managed to get the entire collection Hex had regurgitated loaded onto actual chips, and now he had a fairly sizable collection...a lot of which looked like relative garbage. Unattached to any of them, Arch grabbed three of them and slotted them into the machine willy-nilly; there wasn't much to lose at this point, he figured.

[Insert: Cannon, RageClaw1, Guard1]
WHIRRRRRRRRRRR...RRRRRRR...RRRRRrrrrrrr!!!

...What? Oh well, the chip came out, so no harm, no foul.

Arch LOSE: Cannon, RageClaw1, Guard1
Arch GET: TriArrow
Arch picked up the new chip, losing himself in the image for a few seconds before slotting it into his PET, reading the effects. "Huh...well, that's something," he shrugged, grabbing another three garbage chips from his folder and slotting them into the machine.

[Inserted: Cannon, RageClaw1, Guard]
WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Ding!

...Ding?

Arch GET: CandyBomb1
Another chip, another scan, another nod of general approval. "Well, that's at least more interesting," he thought aloud, grabbing the final three of his immediate get-rid-of pile and tossing them in for good measure. "This is kinda addictive..." he muttered, even as his hands moved to see what might come out next.

[Inserted: Cannon, RageClaw1, Guard]
whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Arch GET: PanelShot
"Hmm...could be interesting." Arch made to leave, only for his eyes to look down at his folder once more.

He looked back to the machine.

He looked at his folder.

Sighing, he walked back up to the machine, throwing in another three chips he figured he'd never use. "Just one more can't hurt," he reasoned to himself.

[Insert: CactBall1, Shockwave, Recov10]
WHIRRRRR-RRRRR-RRRRR-RRRRR-RRRRR!!!

What was with this machine?

Arch LOSE: CactusBall, ShockWave, Recover10
Arch GET: TrainArrow1
Matt approached the chip trader and put in his Recover10, his Guard1 and his Shotgun Battlechips. He turned the knob, and in went the chips!

While Matt hallucinates chips, the trade machine whirs and clanks, spitting out an actual chip for him.

Matt LOSE: Recov10, Guard1, Shotgun
Matt GET: Meteor9
"Huh." Suddenly, Matt noticed that Soryu looked very angry.

Matt took the chip out of the slot, and ran out of the store.

(TO KOKIBUKI TOWN[i think that's how you spell it?]!)
As Stephine walked into the store, the chip trader caught her eye and reaching into her chip folder, the young woman walked towards the chip trader and slotted in a few of her chips...she could afford it...right? Either way, she turns the knob on the trader and awaits her new chip.

Insert: AquaWhirl2, Fire Knife, Sword
WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-

(bang)

-RRRRRRRR!!!

Stephine LOSE: AquaWhirl2, FireKnife, Sword
Stephine GET: Elec+30
The lady hummed to herself as she picked up the chip. It wasn't exactly what she WANTED...but it was better than a paltry Recover10 or some bullshit that Soryu stocked his chip traders with. With that thought, the lady walked out of the shop and onto the metro.
Destin Obscura walks in and takes out a bag of 27 unused chips and starts slotting in groups of three... Nine times.

1. SonicWave, Shotgun, Shotgun
2. AuraHead1, Guard1, Guard1
3. CandyBomb1, Vulcan1, CrackerBomb
4. LilBomb, MachineGun1, MachineGun1
5. Mine1, Mole1, PowerBolt1
6. Pulsar1, Rageclaw1, Rageclaw1
7. Skully1, Sword, Sword
8. TankCannon1, Varitails1, MagBolt1
9. FireHit1, HeatShot, HeatShot

Note: I wish for MC to roll them.
It was a good thing the trader always had some extra room for inserted chips, or else it might've literally had no space to fit in all of Destin's chips. But it did, so there were no problems, and he could enjoy his haul.

Destin LOSE: SonicWave, Shotgun, Shotgun, AuraHead1, Guard1, Guard1, CandyBomb1, Vulcan1, CrackerBomb, LilBomb, MachineGun1, MachineGun1, Mine1, Mole1, PowerBolt1, Pulsar1, Rageclaw1, Rageclaw1, Skully1, Sword, Sword, TankCannon1, Varitails1, MagBolt1, FireHit1, HeatShot, HeatShot

Destin GET: ElecDragon2, Blinder, Guard1, FlameScales2, AquaTower2, BusterSword, HeatDragon1, GravityHold1, MiniBomb