Front Counter

Soryu glanced up at the entrance of the limping gentlemen, offering a light, if somewhat bored looking expression and nod as eh took the clipboard to glance it over. "Ah, sure no problem."

Taking a moment to gather the requested items before presenting them and taking care of the card as well. "Here you go, one chip and subchip. Thanks you for your business."

Scarlet Krysarch GET: DoubleShotDamage: 60 + Small Broken Terrain Change x 2 Shots + Terrain Effect Bonus + Variable Targeting
Accuracy: B
Description: Rips up 2 panels and sends them flying at designated targets.
Duration: Once
Element: Depends on Terrain
Special: Terrain Effect Bonus: Adds an additional effect to an attack where applicable, depending on the type of terrain used.
Special: Variable Targeting: Allows the user to select a target for each individual hit of an attack. This means they may strike the same target multiple times, multiple different targets, or a mix of the two as they wish.
Trader Rank: C
, Bookmark Subchip.
Scarlet Krysarch LOSE: 4,600z (-> 1,055z)
"Mm," the man nodded, checking over the items before hobbling off the way he came.
[<< Inside the shop - Science Labs]

Having made her way through the short Metroline ride from the SciLab area to the quaint yet still bustling ACDC town, Scarlet pushed open the doors to Soryu's chip shop, heading straight for the counter. Pulling out her nearly-exhausted zenny card and placing it on the counter, she cheerfully greeted the shopkeep. "Hey! I'd like to buy a few subchips. One of these," she said, pointing to the stack of SmallEnergyPacks, then switching to the even larger stack of MiniEnergyPacks, "and two of these. Thanks!"

Purchase:
- SmallEnergyPack (120z)
- MiniEnergyPack x2 (50x2=100z)
Current Zenny: 265z
Total Cost: 220z
Remaining Zenny: 45z
"Hm? Really?" He mumbled, turning his head towards Scarlet, before going through his drawers for a moment, pulling out the requested chips and turning around. He would take the card, scan it and push it back with the sub-chips atop the card. "Good day to you."

Scarlet get: SmallEnergyPackx1, MiniEnergyPackx2
Scarlet lose: 220z
[Z > 45]

"Thanks!" said Scarlet, picking up the small chips and dropping them into her purse, along with her zenny card. Now came the fun part of the trip, she thought, as she eyed the tiny machine in the corner, and walking up to it.

[>> Soryu's Custom Chip Trader - ACDC Town]
This is where Frio.EXE is.

Having left Frio in Netfrica's net to request his bounty, Layla hurried to the Chip shop that was close to her apartment. Taking a few moments to look around and decide what she wanted to get, she then strutted up to the counter. "Excuse me, may I purchase a Barrier battlechip, and two MiniEnergyPacks please."
"Sure, hang on," said Soryu, who leaned out a lazy chair that he was reading a magazine on to reach out for the requested items, and placed them on the counter. "Six hundred zenny in all. Thanks for stopping by," he said, before returning to his magazine, which Layla could see had the title "Small Business Monthly".

Layla GET: BarrierProtection: Combined Damage up to 10HP
Accuracy: S
Description: Defensive field that prevents damage up to 10HP.
Duration: Until Destroyed
Element: Null
Special: Status Guard: This chip blocks debuffs.
Trader Rank: E
Battlechip, MiniEnergyPack x2
Layla LOSE: 600z (-> 1200z)
"Thank you!" The busy girl grabbed her purchase and winked goodbye. Now it was off to the Navi shop.

This is where Layla went.
[>> Ura High School - Yoka.]

Peeking in through the doorway, Sofia allowed herself in before she stared around at all the various things on sale in wonderment. "So this is the chip shop..." she said to herself, as she wandered over to a large glass cabinet display. Her eyes set themselves on a small chip with the number "20" on it, with a fiery design on it. "Oh, hey, this looks kind of like..." she said, rummaging around in her pack before extracting the Aqua+20 chip. "This one! Hmmm... And I have enough! Score!"

With her decision made, she waved over at the shopkeeper, pointing towards the glass cabinet and pointing towards the chip that she wanted. "Can I get this one, please?" she said, with her zenny card in her other hand.

Purchase:
- Fire+20Status: Fire Element UP 20, Stackable
Description: Adds 20 Damage to all hits of a Fire Element attack chip, before any external environment-related or target-related damage modifiers apply.
Element: Fire
Trader Rank: D
Battlechip
Cost: 3000z
Remaining: 5895 - 3000 = 2895z
It wasn't exactly often that Soryu had a customer interrupt his reading twice in one day, but the shop keeper didn't seem to mind. He nodded and bustled over tot eh display case, fishing out a jangling set of keys to open it up and disable the security circuits, then pulled the packet out and returned to the far side of the counter with it.

"Here you are!" Hes said, while still holding firmly onto the chip package until he had fully processed Sofia's card and confirmed the sale. Only as he was handing the card back to her did he relinquish his hold on the product and offer her a smile.

"Thank you for shopping, and have a nice day!" About a second after this, he realised he'd left the display case open, and rushed off to lock it up again, grinning in a much more sheepish manner.

Sofia GET: Fire+20Status: Fire Element UP 20, Stackable
Description: Adds 20 Damage to all hits of a Fire Element attack chip, before any external environment-related or target-related damage modifiers apply.
Element: Fire

Sofia LOSE: 3000z

[Z > 2895, F > 20]

"Thanks! Hope Scourge likes it," she said, slipping the chip and her card back into her pack as she made her way back outside, towards another, more familiar shop.

[>> Inside the shop - SciLab.]
"Mmm...huh?" WarriorMan had taken a nap while his operator was doing undoubtedly dumb, inane human things. But where was he now? Somewhere with a lot of chips? "Hey, where are we?"

"Oh good, you're awake!" Gary picked up his PET, and pointed it towards a large wall of chips. "Which of these do you like?"

"...What are you talking about?"

"It's a chip shop. You helped save my dad from calling a repairman for the TV, so I thought the least I could do was to take that money we got from virus busting, and get something nice! It's a little pricier than I was expecting, though...so we probably can't get anything TOO nice."

"Figures...but I guess the gesture's nice. Okay, what do they have for sword-based chips? That...RageClaw, was it? It's not my thing."

"Sword-based? Let's see now...swords, swords...here they are! Oh, cool, looks like we can afford any of the basic sword chips. Ignoring RageClaw, we've got...Sword, FireKnife, AquaKnife, ElecKnife, BambooKnife, and Kunai. Any of those look good?"

"Not Kunai for sure, that's a throwing knife. And how is a knife a sword? Do people in the future really not know what a sword is?"

"When you talk like that, you really sound old! ...So, Sword it is?"

"I wouldn't object to it. It'd be the best thing for the Sword chip, too."

"All right then." Looked like he'd need assistance to actually get anything, so off to the shopkeep it was. Ahem. "Hail, purveyor of BattleChips! I humbly request a Sword chip for my Navi. As you shall see as I bring up the wireless transfer, I possess the virtual gold you desire for it!"

"Ugh. If I cared a little more, I'd be embarrassed for you, because now that guy thinks you're a freak."

[Order of Purchase:
1 - Sword BattleChip - 1800z
Total - 1800z
Current Zenny - 1920z
New Current Zenny - 120z]
Soryu's reaction to Gary's proclamation of purchase was to stare blankly in his face for about two seconds with an incredulous expression. He blinked twice before he spoke, retaining his stupefied expression. "Sword, right, sure," he said, pushing open the glass door to the compartment under the counter and extracting the chip depicting the blue blade. "That'll be 1800 zenny. Thank you for your patronage," he said, shaking his head with a little amused smile.

Gary GET: SwordDamage: 80 + Slashing
Accuracy: B
Description: Creates a sword made of solidified energy, with a very short blade. Hits one target per slash
Duration: Until Overridden/Broken. Breaks automatically after 6 swings.
Battlechip
Gary LOSE: 1800z
"Thank you, good sir! Maychance we meet again!" Gary bowed exaggeratedly, before grabbing the chip, smoothly turning around, and heading out.

"See? He thinks you're a freak. You'll be lucky if he even lets you back in the store."

"You're welcome for getting you a chip..."

(TO ACDC)
After going to the Navi Shop Destin Obscura returned to his ACDC Town neighborhood. He wandered into the Chip Shop with the same smile on his face. The face of someone who had enough money to get some much needed shopping done. "Good day sir. I would like the following items on this list," he said before placing another printed sheet on a counter top.

MarkCannon2Damage: 100 + Seeking + Lock-on
Accuracy: A
Description: A highly accurate cannon whose automatic aiming system locks onto heat signatures and fires.
Special: Lock-on: Same effect as an automatic Take Aim.
Trader Rank: C
x1: 3,000z
BookMark x2: 2,000z
EnergyPack x4: 1,200z
Escape x2: 1,200z
UnTrap x2: 800z

Total: 8,200z
Despite this list presenting a much smaller purchase than the one he'd recently given to another merchant elsewhere, Soryu, blissfully unaware of such, perked up when his eyes flicked over the lines of text.

"Yes, yes, ah, certainly. here we are..." he pulled the battle chip first, retrieving it from a glass case, then shuffled around in a section of the shop that contained most of the subchips, mumbling to himself as he selected each item. He presented the pile to Destin as he made the exchange.

"Going on along dungeon crawl, by the look of that. Good luck to you, and come by again."

Destin GET: MarkCannon2, BookMark x2, EnergyPack x4, Escape x2, UnTrap x2
Destin LOSE: 8200z

((Remaining Zenny: 175))
Stuff at the Navi Shop was just more expensive. So it was just a fact of life Destin would be spending more money in the Navi Shop than here. "Thanks. Have a great day," he said as he paid and stuffed the various chips into his backpack and headed out the door. "See you around."
Walking into the possibly empty shop, a girl by the name of Penny walked into the shop, looking around as she seemed very nervous and unsure of where she was at. A bag on her shoulder and dressed up seemingly to go to the beach, a straw hat perched precariously on her head.

A-Are you sure this is the chip shop, Fenixia? I mean...it's not exactly... The girl stammered to her navi, holding up her PET to her face. A fennec-looking navi staring her back in the face with an unamused expression. GPS triangulation says this is the shop we're looking for, Penny. Now, go up to the counter and ask for four Untraps and an extra MiniEnergyPack. The funds that we were left with should be enough to get those items for ourselves. We'll go to the Beach Network afterwards to try and gain a little more spending money for later upgrades and purchases. The navi stated in a matter-of-fact manner. Inhaling deeply, Penny walked up towards the counter and put down her card. Uh...uh...I'm looking for the shop owner? S-Suitachi?Soryu, Penny, Suitachi runs the Navi shop.Oh, sorry, Soryu. I need...um...f-four Untraps? And a...MiniEnergyPack? T-that comes out to Twelve-fifty, right?

Penny Kiade
Buying: 4 Untraps (400x4) and a MiniEnergyPack (50)
Cost: 1250z
Have: 1280z
Left afterwards: Nothing 30z
The shop attendant starred at the new Customer as she hesitatingly made her request. "Relax, I don't bite. Yes your total will come to 1250 zenny. I'll go grab your SubChips." Soryu walked to the SubChup section and grabbed the items Penny needed. "Here you go, I'm assuming that will be all today?"

Penny GET: UnTrap x4, MiniEnergyPack
Penny LOSE: 1250z

((Remaining Zenny: 30))
Penny nodded at him as she picked up her subchips, stammering a quiet thank you to the shop keeper before walking out, her navi simply shaking her head, but giving her a "good job" as they left.