Front Counter

All things considered, Sabrina handled the long wait rather well. It was a good thing that her Navi was in an area where he could handle himself easily, or else there would've been a lot more shouting, much of it angry and from her. But in the end, patience prevailed, and she got what she wanted. "Uh, no big deal. I wasn't in a huge hurry, anyway." That said, she WAS in a hurry of some sort, so she bolted out as soon as she could, to finally head back to her Navi. Fortunately, no news was good news in a case like this...
A young woman entered the shop, dressed in a blue business suit that seemed a tad formal for a place like this. On her shoulder, a hologram of a purple ninja, looking around. "It's...quaint, I think is the word I'm looking for."

"Don't mock it, it's a pride and joy of ACDC Town!"

"Oh, I wasn't mocking it. I'll save that for after I've seen the selection."

"I don't think you'll mock it at all...but, whatever." And off to the counter. "There's the shop inventory. Look and be amazed!"

The Navi hologram looked down, taking a good look at all the various chips. "For a small town like ACDC, this actually isn't that bad. I've seen better, but it's nothing to be ashamed of. I don't really see anything especially appealing, though. ...Ah, never mind. I just saw something."

"Oh? And which of them would strike the fancy of a skilled ninja such as yourself?"

"A few, actually...but sometimes my natural quickness isn't enough. And for that, AreaGrab would be incredibly useful. You can never get to another spot fast enough, after all. I'd get more than one if I had the money for it, but I don't, so..."

"Okay, gotcha!" Naomi pulled out her PET, and set it to be on the giving end of some money transferal. "One AreaGrab BattleChip, please!"

"And two MiniEnergy. Never hurts to carry extra healing."

[Order of Purchase:
1-AreaGrab BattleChip - 3500z
2-MiniEnergy SubChip x 2 - 100z
TOTAL - 3600z

Previous Cash Total: 5260z
After Purchase: 1660z]
Soryu turned to take note of his new customers as they walked in the store and frowned for the slightest instant when their chatter reached his ears. He nixed the apparent displeasure quickly and put on a slight smile as the woman relayed her short shopping list. "Alright. Just a moment, please." Soryu reached under the counter to produce the subchips in seconds, then ostensibly patted around somewhere under the counter trying to find the battlechip. He frowned again, this time less concerned about concealing it. Lowering himself down a bit, his forehead rested against the top of the counter as he mumbled something unintelligible.

After another fifteen or so seconds of rummaging, Soryu emerged from under the counter and put the chip down beside the subchips. "Could've sworn I put those with the other stock," he pondered to himself briefly, before looking at Naomi and remembering he wasn't done yet. "Oh." He quickly processed the payment and placed the items in a small bag. "Thanks, and please come again," Soryu half-grumbled as he bent down again to organize the store stock.

Naomi GET: AreaGrab BattleChip, MiniEnergyPack SubChip x2
Naomi LOSE: 3,600z
"A pleasure doing business with you." Soryu's less than delightful attitude failed to faze Shuri in the slightest, and so she looked at him with her usual, half-interested look. "Though, I would think that expanding your selection to include stronger chips would help immensely with the repeat customer business."

The suggestion was clearly not endorsed by Naomi, who instantly bowed towards the chip shop owner. "Ugh...I am SO sorry about her. Normally she knows when to shut up..."

"What? It's honest business advice. I certainly would hope he's open to expanding his shop-"

And whatever might've been said after that was lost to the ages, and the mute button on the ninja Navi's PET. "Again, I'm really sorry about her...please, feel free to forget everything she said!" The entire time, while it was subtle, the young woman had been inching away from the counter, towards the door, as though getting closer to the exit would give her Navi the hint to stop talking. Thus, it was simple for her to just turn around and bolt before the situation could stew in its own awkwardness.

(TO SCILAB)
An extremely upbeat Ariel popped into the shop, whistling as she entered. She stopped soon afterward, possibly so she didn't annoy anyone with it. "Man, I am feeling gooooood!"

"Mmm, I wonder why..." A hologram of ZephyrMan popped up, giving his operator a sideways glance. "That aside, you recall what we're getting, right?"

"Hey, I know I'm not the brightest, but I'm not a TOTAL ditz either, you know?" Okay, now what was it? ...Uh-oh, it wasn't coming to mind. She looked over the stock, and appeared visibly relieved as a couple of them caught her eye. Crisis averted. "Okay, we're getting a...WindRacket, and...Attack+10! Right, that's it!"

The Navi rolled his eyes at the last part, but nonetheless nodded approvingly. "Indeed, that's it. Now, just a moment...there. I've set the PET up for wireless funds transferal." And with that, the two awaited their order, and the windiness it would help provide.

[Order of Purchase:
1-WindRacket BattleChip - 4000z
2-Attack+10 BattleChip - 1000z
TOTAL - 5000z

Previous Cash Total: 5490z
After Purchase: 490z]
Soryu was engrossed in some broadcast on his TV, showing a guy in some sort of old medieval cosplay being surrounded by odd (but not bad) looking women, when Ariel arrived and began bouncing around. He turned it off and shook his head in a cynical gesture. "Can you believe some guys have it so good? Working stiffs like me, I feel like we're behind a generation," he scoffed, while gathering up the items she had requested. As he watched her, a smile gradually returned to his face and a twinkle to his eye. "Well... I guess it's not all bad taking care of this old place," he reminded himself, accepting the wireless transfer and handing over the goods. "Customers like you make it worthwhile! Er, enthusiastic operators, that is," he clarified, sticking h his hands into his pockets self-consciously.

*Ariel lost 5000 zenny, gained WindRacket and Attack +10*
"Thanks! I do try to be enthusiastic whenever I can!" Ariel pocketed her chips, and did a 180 degree twirl. "See ya around!"

All her Navi could do was shrug at Soryu, as his operator left the shop. Granted, he knew exactly why she was so upbeat at the moment, but he certainly wasn't telling anyone.
Matt walked into the chip shop and up to the counter.

"Hello? I would like a Vulcan1 Battlechip please."

Matt noted the 2 chip traders: An old one that had its chip ports locked up,
And a new one that, depending on the chip in the first slot, could give you better chips.

Off topic:BusterUp has Megaman.EXE on it, right?
<(All references to the original canon characters are long-gone, as the main series happened about 40 years prior. Assume it's just some buff Navi flexing or whatever you feel like; the chip images aren't really a big deal.)>

"Hm? Whazzat?" Soryu inexplicably sat up from somewhere behind the counter, trying desperately not to look as though he hadn't just been sleeping. "Could've sworn it was still night. Oh, hello there," he mumbled, only just now noticing the young man in front of the counter. The chip was withdrawn from the display case in seconds, cash disappearing from Matt's hand so fast he wasn't sure it had ever been there to begin with. "Pleasure doing business, have a..." he paused to yawn, "have a nice day."

Matt GET: Vulcan1
Matt LOSE: 800z
"Thanks." Matt headed out of the store, heading to ACDC Park, looking to grind Metools.

''Man, business must be low for him.'' Matt thought.

{To ACDC Internet!}

Off topic: In the main games, Lan is 10. 10+40=50. Also, I think Soryu looks like Higbsy.
While she was back in ACDC, Naomi elected, instead of going home, to check into the chip shop. She looked over the stock; based on how closely she was staring, she was probably looking for something specific.

"The chip shop, eh?" A ninja hologram formed on her shoulder. "Well, if there's something you really want, I can't exactly stop you. Just make sure it's something I'll want to use."

"Sorry, but today...I can't make any guarantees on that front." Grabbing her PET, the paralegal made the selection for a wireless money transfer. "Three Recover10, please!" Shuri looked at her a bit funny, but fortunately didn't say what was on her mind. There were other people nearby, after all.

Order of Purchase:
1-Recover10 BattleChip - 500z
2-Recover10 BattleChip - 500z
3-Recover10 BattleChip - 500z
Total: 1500z

Previous Total: 2280z
New Total: 780z
"Sure, here you go!" Soryu slid the three chips over the counter, looking uncharacteristically chipper as he plugged away at what appeared to be some sort of online game in between transactions. "By the way, you wouldn't happen to know anything about something called 'level grinding'? I'm getting told off on my game here for doing it, but I don't know what I'm doing that's bothering people," he blurted out, typing something even as he did so.

Naomi GET: Recov10 x3
Naomi LOSE: 1500z
Destin Obscura walked into Soryu's Chip Shop. The place was bustling now that Soryu updated his chip selection. Destin took some time browsing the shelves before he walked up to the front counter. "Hello. I wish to purchase a few chips. Can I have that shiny RageClaw2, two BookMarks, and an Untrap?" he asked as he started pointing to different displays around the shop before getting out his wallet.

Want
RageClaw2 [x1] - 3000z
BookMark [x2] - (1000z x2) 2000z
Untrap [x1] - 400z

Total: 5400z
Soryu looked up from his computer, giving Destin a somewhat disinterested glance. Once he finally approached the counter, Destin got his undivided attention. "Hm, you heard of our new stock. Hope you like it," he said as he obtained the requested chips. "That'll be 5400z, please." Once Destin provided the cash, he exchanged it for the chips in a small bag. "Thank you, have a good one."

Destin GET: Bookmark x2, Untrap x1, RageClaw2 x1
Destin LOSE: 5400z
"Thanks a bunch. Have a good day yourself," Destin said as he headed out the door with a little bell ringing.
As Matt approached the store, he noted it seemed... Different. Opening the door he, walked into the Chip shop, but stopped when he saw the chip stock. There were a lot more chips.

Matt:(in shock)
Apparently he's doing better then I thought.....

Condor:(Confuzzled)
What?

Matt: They have more chips in.

Condor:(Looking at the stock)
Huh. CactusBall1, Let's try to buy that.

Matt: Ok.

Matt picked up the chip and walked up to the counter, noting a chip trader on the way.

Matt:(Walks up to the counter) Hey, can I have a CactusBall1 chip please?
<(RP Note: Please refrain from using script format while role-playing; we adhere to paragraph structure on the board.)>

Soryu glanced up from whatever work he might've been doing on his computer, looking down at Matt. His eyebrow quirked, he affected an arch tone and shot right back, "I dunno, kid...can you have a CactusBall1?"

"Soryu, we've talked about this: no harassing the kids," a hologram of LinkMan chimed in from farther back in the store, evaporating the grouchy man's snark without much more of a fight. The transaction was completed without further adieu, the small sum of Zenny exchanged for Matt's new chip.

"Have a good one," Soryu muttered, about as lively as a sack of bricks with the smarm taken out of him.

Matt GET: CactBall1
Matt LOSE: 500z
(Sorry, I just find the script format easier, that's all.)

Matt handed the zennys over the counter and took the battle chip. "Thanks." he said, before turn around and walking over to the chip trader.

"Jerk." muttered Condor.

"Eh, he's probably just working on something important. That's all." Matt's response was causal.

"Fine" Condor said, but muttered something under his breath. "Still a jerk."
((From -> Jenny's House))

By the time she was off the bus and walking through the door of the ACDC Chip shop, Jenny was beginning to regret her decision to leave the house and mostly just wanted to get back to her bed and her heat pack as soon as possible. She more or less knew what she meant to get already so it was only a short matter to take a glance at the stock listing and check that her funds were right, before she could approach the counter.

"Morning!" She stepped up, hands holding her purse held together on the main counter. "Could I get a Recover50 chip, ah, and two Minienergy packs as well please? That's three thousand one, right?" Despite how she was feeling on the inside, the girl did her best to offer a presentable smile; these were the facts of life, and it was no reason to bring anyone else down.

((Purchase: Recovery50; 3000, 2x MiniEnergy; 100. Total: 3100z))
Soryu appeared not much better off than Jenny, although probably for different reasons. Lounging behind his desk, the shop-owner had one hand buried in his hair and the other wrapped around a mug of coffee; he was watching something on the news that looked about as depressing as his own five-o-clock shadow. "Damn, customer!" he spat, nearly kicking over the old-school, portable TV on his desk as he spun around in his chair and wiped his mouth with one sleeve. "I meant, 'hot damn, a customer!' Not 'a damn customer.' Whatever, you get it!" he explained, pushing the coffee further away as if its mere presence was going to lure him back into slobbenly behavior. "Sounds like you've got virus busting in mind. It's always a good idea to be prepared. You can never over-value the safety of your own navi and most people have plenty of weapons, but not enough recovery. That's one of the reasons my store is great: cheap, easy peace of mind. But also quality! Cheap, easy quality," he reiterated, as he fetched the items. "Best prices anywhere."

The owner's hands glided quickly across the counter, accepting Jenny's money and handing over the few items she'd requested in neat boxes. "Nothing beats slotting in a new chip, does it? Not to mention that you get to keep doing it over and over again... That's lasting value! You only get to plug in a program once, you know? It's not nearly the same." Jenny would probably want to motor now before she got dragged into an unwelcome rant about chip shop vs. navi shop business.

Jenny received: MiniEnergyPack x2, Recovery50 x1
Jenny lost: 3100 zenny