3-Chip Trader Machine

And the chip had a picture of...a large ball with a '30' on it, and someone in the distance, though Sabrina could somehow tell they hadn't thrown it. Suffice it to say she had no idea what on earth it was. So, she popped it into the PET to see what it was...

...And it made her happy. Three attacks, each having the power of her Navi's last two HP digits. That meant 40 x 3 now, and she could get it higher pretty easily...

"Sweet!!"

Sure, she probably just made everyone in the shop look over at her kinda funny, but who cared? She had a NUMBERBALL1. They could just see it and weep. And thus, she proudly left the store, having done what she set out to do: emerge victorious over her nemesis, the Chip Trader...

(to...somewhere involving 2-3 days of nothing!)
Polonius leaving the Metro station walks towards the Chip trader, adding in the three chips: Shotgun, Heatshot and Aquaneedle.

"Sooo this is why we left? Adding in chips you don't like? I wanted to hang with Miss SplashLady..." DNR said with a groan as he looked on, wondering what the magical machine will bring...
(too lazy to switch accounts. BUGGER OFF!)

As Polonius places his three chips into the trader, a whirring and clicking are heard as a battle chip, a needler1 to be precise, drops into the tray with an audible "CLUNK".

Polonius lose: Shotgun, Heatshot and Aquaneedle1
Polonius gets: Needler1
Panting, Sabrina reached the Chip Trader...and realized no one else was there. Looked like she missed Polonius...oh well. As she caught her breath, she placed three chips into the trader, and triggered a WHIRRR...

[Order of Insertion:
1-Hi-Cannon, Hi-Cannon, Guard2]
The chip trader WHIRRRs and pops out....

...God I hate this thing.

Sabrina LOSE: Hi-Cannonx2, Guard2.
GET: Vulcan1
"Hey there Sabrina!... Ooohhh.... tough break on the chip trade..." Polonius said as he looked at her Vulcan1.

"...Ah well, at least Needler1 seems better than that... tough break SplashLady..." he said, putting on a sympathetic face to seem like a much more... approachable male.
...Vulcan1 again? Dang it.

"Hey there Sabrina!... Ooohhh.... tough break on the chip trade..."

"Ack!" The Netopian girl leaped about 3 feet in the air at the sudden remark. "Oh, it's you, Polonius...thought I missed you or something..."

"You got Needler1?" SplashLady looked the data up for it, and checked it out. "Yeah...I definitely wish we got that instead of this...but we can't too surprised. I mean, we got a NumberBall1 the last time we used it, so I guess we used all our luck on that one..."

"Yeah..." Sabrina pulled out her remaining spare chips and took a look at them. MagBomb1 was definitely scrappable, but ZapRing2...eh, that was worth sparing for now. "Well, guess there's no reason to around here. If we hang out too long people'll start to think we're going to rob the shop or something. I'm going to head to the park and relax a little before heading back to the Colosseum. Wanna come?" With her next destination in mind, she started making her way to it...taking all of 15 seconds to cross the street to do it.

(to ACDC Town!...Wait a sec...yeah...)
Marius walked towards the small red machine with a puzzling expression on his face. "Ok...How did this work again?" After a few minute of inspection, he finally found out the process and took out a handful of chips he wasn't too much use for him. Hoping that having a cluster of one chips might affect the result of the chip, he sorted his chips into two bundles and loaded them in one by one.

Battlechip Inserts:
[Recov10] Battlechip x2
[RingLog1] Battlechip
---
[Rageclaw1] Battlechip x2
[RingLog1] Battlechip
The first trio of chips loaded into the trader and soon, with a clunk of course, yielded...

GET: RollArrow1

Not a bad trade...

The second trio caused the trader to whirl and clank until the second chip landed with another clunk, yielding...

GET: Bubble-V

Again...not a bad trade...
Marius was content with his new chips, since these was much more useful compare to the ones he traded in. Packing the two chips into the PET Folder, the operator quickly walked away and returned back to his home.
As Mill began walking out the store with his new chips in hand, something against the wall caught his eye. He got down on a knee to look at it and read the instructions:

"Chip trader... Insert 3 chips, get 1 new one..." recited Mill. "Hmm... Sounds interesting. I guess I could figure out 3 chips I don't really use anymore..." He shuffled through his folder for a moment before producing a Cannon, a Shotgun, and a Recov10. "Anyis, are you going to miss any of these."

"Nope." responded Anyis quickly and absentmindedly before quicking returning to cuddling with the digital manifestations of her new, wonderful Aqua chips.

"Alright, then..." Mill took a deep breath, put the trio of sacrificial chips in, and pulled the lever...

(Insert Cannon, Shotgun, Recov10)
Mill slotted in the chips, pulled the lever, held his breath....

And out popped a chip!

GET: AmatsuHaretsu1
"Uhh... okay..." stuttered Mill, somewhat baffled by this chip. Oh well, that's 1 of 3 chips needed for another shot at this thing. Next destination, ho!

(Moving to Navi Shop)
Despite just getting raided by robotic arms, Sabrina remained in good spirits as she wandered over to the chip trader, and without delay, slammed the 1000z worth of chips she had just purchased into it. Then, for the 3rd chip, she pulled out a single CactBall, and gave it similar treatment. "And...here we go!" Her heart started to race as she pulled the lever, in anticipation of what she might (or might not) receive...

[Order of Insertion:
1-MiniBomb
2-MiniBomb
3-CactBall1]
After inserting the three chips...

*KAPLUNK*

A brand new chips came out!

GET: MoonBlade1MoonBlade 1 -
Damage: 90 + Slashing
Accuracy: Depends on number of targets.
Description: Executes a spin cut. Accuracy varies depending on the number of targets designated: 1-3 targets @ B Accuracy, 4-6 targets @ C Accuracy, 7-8 targets @ D Accuracy.
Duration: Once.
Element: None
"Woo!" Tossing her chip in the air a couple of times, Sabrina exited the shop with a grin. Now she was all set to get her room back...

(TO YOKA)
As he walked by the chip store on the way back to his ACDC apartment, Suien Matsumoto couldn't help but notice a new blue object standing in the corner of the room. The dark-haired netOp frowned as he moved in for a closer inspection, stepping into the threshold of Soryu's establishment and taking a closer look. Wow, is this an early-model chip trader? he thought, eyes widening in surprise, I haven't seen one of these things since... Sharo? I didn't think these were still in circulation.

Fishing through his folder, Suien removed a trio of unused battlechips and placed them quickly into the appropriate slots. I remember my friends used to have all sorts of theories as to how these things worked. Placing things in alphabetical order, placing the rarer chips first... not that we actually ever got anything out of it, he thought, Oh well, I suppose it's worth a shot though...

INSERT: Cannon, Minibomb, Minibomb
Suien put his three weak chips into the trader, hoping for success. The chip popped out...

*THUNK*

And what he found...

...another MiniBomb. Better luck next time!

Suien LOSE: Cannon, MiniBombx2
Suien GET: MiniBomb
Frowning, Suien shuffled through his spare battlechips and slid another pair into the blue device. Rationalizing his poor luck with some sort of karmic rebalancing that would hopefully come his way, he decided to give the offending machine another go. Taking the meager Minibomb battlechip and giving it a rather irate look, he slid it into the third slot of the chip trader. With a little bit more force than was probably necessary, Suien shoved the metal bar forward and initialized the machine's processing once more.

Insert: Magbomb1, Shotgun, Minibomb
Bump