Signature Attack Help Thread

...Because we all like to talk big about how strong we're going to get.

Anyways, I know someone's going to make this eventually so let's put it up now. Especially for people with the sig vouchers, it's like you already have them so you should post them so you can work out bugs to make it less problematic for mods.

(Should this be in Suggestions and Questions forum?)
2.0: Titania and Oberon splilt if at < 1/2 HP (rounded to the nearest 20), and each one of them has 3/4 their total HP at the time of the split. They share actions. Once a round, they can attack simultaneously, using one action. Earlier signature attacks are more powerful while the two are split.

1.5: Titania and Oberon launch a concentrated assault by rapidly switching dominance. Attack for 40 damage, then add 40 damage to the following attack.
Err...Can we have an sigatk that creates elemental panels?
I've got an idea for a sig called Puppet Master, but I'm not sure if controlling viruses is even allowed. There's more to it, of course, but I need to know if the basic concept is already off-limits.

Quote ()

Err...Can we have an sigatk that creates elemental panels?

I'd assume so... Crystal Spire does this, and they approved it.

I'm currently working on a Sig that's kinda complicated... It probably uses more rules and features than it should, but hey... I'll post questions about it later.
Victorious Finish (level 1.5)
60 damage
3-turn cooldown

If this signature attack finishes off an opponent, Brawler heals for an amount equal to the the excess damage dealt. If the opponent is a navi or non-virus, Brawler heals for twice as much as he would have normally.
You can tell from reading their attacks who plays Magic cards, who plays Dungeons and Dragons, who plays MMORPGs, and who plays several of the above.
I used to play magic. That's pretty much it. Does that sound like a magic card?

Anyways, I was more interested in how acceptable the attack would be if I were to actually register it.

Quote ()

You can tell from reading their attacks who plays Magic cards, who plays Dungeons and Dragons, who plays MMORPGs, and who plays several of the above.

*raises hand* Guilty on all counts. :lol:

It's hard to come up with original attack names when just about everything has been used before, but that doesn't stop me from trying.

Quote (Kazuhiro)

...I would say some type of action anime >_>;;
Well, Magic cards always phrase their technicalities a certain way, right? Plus, only in Magic do you have the nonsense of activated versus triggered abilities, the stack, and "however, IF" clauses.

Edit: I would probably approve that "finish" attack.
Here's a crazy one I've been working on...

Name: Nuclear Winter
Sig Level: 3 (maybe 4)

This sig boosts the Navi's fighting capability by sacrificing Crosses (as in reseting their 3 battle recharge time without activating them). If you have no crosses or all of them are recharing, you can't use the move. The sig is OPB, of course (It has to be to fuction correctly). The type of cross (or crosses) sacrificed will determine what capability boosts are gained, while the level of the cross (or crosses) will determine how strong they become. Multiple crosses can be sacrificed, and their effects stack.

This sig cannot boost Max HP, Max Actions (speed), or grant the use of another Navi's Element or Signature Attacks. It cannot grant the use of another Navi's capabilities, but instead converts those abilities into ability boosts for the abilities and capabilities the Navi already has.

Thus: It can add status effects (such as blind or confusion) to attacks, boost the secondary effects (such as defense or healing) of attacks, add additional targets (by means of a larger blast radius or increased number of shots) for attacks, increase damage (just ouch) of ttacks, increase Chip attack power (of your element only), boost attack accuracy, and grant greater mobility (movement speed and evasion, not action/speed).

Out of all of that mess, only a couple of things will be added or boosted per cross sacrificed, and they will only be boosted based on the level of the cross (or crosses) used to activate it.

It's like a temporary Element / Sub-type / Level boost. It boosts a Navi's innate fighting capabilities, but doesn't really grant them new ones like the Crosses do. (It just makes what I've already got just that much better than it was before activation.)

BTW: This is a Level 3 sig. It could be swaped into Level 4 if needed. Oh, and the Mods pretty much tell ME what I get from it, though that happens during sig and cross registration, not during battle, just like any other Cross or Sig attack.

Summary:

Sig Level: 3 (maybe 4)

Type: Overdrive

Pros:
-Innate Elemental based Power/Ability Boost.
-Innate Sub-Type based Power/Ability Boost.
-Multiple crosses can be sacrificed to stack power.

Cons:
-Requires fully charged Cross to activate.
-Consumes Cross Charges to activate.
-Does not grant Crossed Sigs, Abilities, or stat boosts, period.

Equilized:
-Level of Boost based on Level of Cross used.
-Type of Boost based on Type of Cross used.

PS: Power levels for this sig are negotiable.

[/Insanity] :lol:
Tee-hee, I feel like this is a spam post -___-
======
Baking Type
Level 1: Knead: **** takes out a large table from thin air and sets it infront of him. With a snap of his finger, many core ingredients of baking appears on the table. With high speed, **** quickly mixes and kneads all ingredients together to create his Dough

(Sets up for higher attacks/ 0 CD)

Level 2: Virii-Pan!: **** takes his finished dough and takes out a mechanical oven from his apron. Violently setting it down, he gently slides the dough in for baking. After few minutes, the oven explodes and the bread randomly mimics one of his enemies, having their looks and features to the slightest details

(Requires: Level 2 Kneading (Two actions of "Knead")
Actions:
1: Restores HP by 1/4 of the mimicked enemy (EX: Virii-Pan copies Met! (40 HP). **** uses Met Virii-Pan to restore 10 HP!)
OR
2: Deal half of the mimicked enemy's attack (EX: Virii-Pan copies Met! (10 Dmg). ****'s Pan uses shockwave! (5 Dmg))
OR
3: Defend with half of mimicked enemy's HP (EX: Virii-Pan copies Met! (40 HP). ****'s Pan blocks for **** (20 HP guard))
4 CD)
==================
Cuisine Type
Level 1: Ingredient Search: **** sends out many Mr.Progs into the main net to search for the right ingredients. The ingredients depends on what area-square they are sent on.

(Sets up for higher attacks/ 0 CD)

(Can search for:
ACDC Area: Japanese Cuisine
Electown: Street Food Cuisine
Yoka: Chinese Cuisine
Yumland: Indian Cuisine
Netopia: English Cuisine)

Level 2: Today's Special! * Star Cuisine! (It will range from * (<- 1 Star) to ***** (<- Five Star) level^^)
**** gathers enough ingredients to cook up his foods. He throws all of his ingredients into the air and slices and dices them into fine pieces, not to mention cooking them with his flame thrower... As soon as he lands, the opponents sees that **** is holding up a covered dish on his/her hands. **** smiles and reveals the food instantly, unleashing it's mighty(and tasty~) powers.

Today's Special food types:
1: Bamboo Beef: Requires: Yoka ingredients or 1 Electown ingredient: **** reveals a typical Asian beef dish, which can be found in your nearest chinese buffet (TRY PANDA EXPRESS!).
2: Fish Grill: Any 1 ingredients: **** reveals a pan grilled fish that seeps with oil and flavor
3: Curry rice: 1 ACDC ingredients or 1 Yumland Ingredients: **** reveals a rice, full of super market currys on top of it.
======
All the ideas are still "beta"~

PS: crazy idea, Pally...but I'm not sure if they will approve it >_>
This is more of a thread for our own navis, not general signature attacks and I'm pretty sure you posted this exact same thing somewhere else.

Quote (Pocket)

This is more of a thread for our own navis, not general signature attacks and I'm pretty sure you posted this exact same thing somewhere else.

That's why I said " Tee-hee, I feel like this is a spam post -___-"

Meh, I'm still unsure to keep my navi or not. So it's type of a heads up~
Nuclear Winter is one of my own Navi's future Sigs. And this is the first time I've actually posted what it does (or it's supposed to do... hopefully).

I just explained it from the "You as the Operator" perspective. I'll rewrite it if needed.

Quote ()

What's wrong with Alphonse?

EDIT (from hell):

Actually.... taking duplicates and retired Navis out of the equation... this is a demographic breakdown of RE:RN's Player-Navi population by element and type, as of the time of this post. I may have missed 1 or 2 Navis... But it's very close.

Normal / Normal = 13 <<< Just wow. (Stringer abides here... but he's very uniq.)
Normal / Sword = 6
Normal / Break = 3
Normal / Cursor = 7
Normal / Wind = 5
Normal / Recovery = 1 <<< Rass

Fire / Normal = 0
Fire / Sword = 1
Fire / Break = 2 <<< Alphonse is here. (So is Meleeman.)
Fire / Cursor = 0
Fire / Wind = 0
Fire / Recovery = 0

Aqua / Normal = 2
Aqua / Sword = 0
Aqua / Break = 0
Aqua / Cursor = 0
Aqua / Wind = 1 <<< Winter owns this category.
Aqua / Recovery = 0

Elec / Normal = 2
Elec / Sword = 0
Elec / Break = 3
Elec / Cursor = 0
Elec / Wind = 2
Elec / Recovery = 0

Wood / Normal = 1 <<< The one, and only, Druidman.
Wood / Sword = 0
Wood / Break = 0
Wood / Cursor = 0
Wood / Wind = 0
Wood / Recovery = 0

Additionally, I've seen you role-play him, and he's not like the other Navis here.

Alphonse is not un-original. <_< [/Reality Check]

Quote (PaladinGC)

Nuclear Winter is one of my own Navi's future Sigs. And this is the first time I've actually posted what it does (or it's supposed to do... hopefully).

I just explained it from the "You as the Operator" perspective. I'll rewrite it if needed.

Quote ()

What's wrong with Alphonse?

Just the fact that other navis I've seen is fire and fists...I always thought Alphonse was pretty unique, but from seeing that...My taste's gone bad >_>;; Don't get it wrong, It's not like I don't like Alphonse, but it's because of the other navis that is tipping my sanity off the line >_>;; (I'll stop nagging right now -_____-)
Nah, I just wanted a boxing navi, was all. He just happened to turn out fire elemental. I don't think our navis are very similar, so Alphonse isn't an unoriginal idea.

On another note, I still need to think up sigs for MeleeMan. >.>

I can't believe I didn't think out any beforehand. XD

Quote (AimMan)

Nah, I just wanted a boxing navi, was all. He just happened to turn out fire elemental. I don't think our navis are very similar, so Alphonse isn't an unoriginal idea.

On another note, I still need to think up sigs for MeleeMan. >.>

I can't believe I didn't think out any beforehand. XD

Oh, nonono, I wasn't directing all of my "problems" to you, Aim. I just happen to see alot of fire types (Fist type...is only you ;3 Which is just fine). Before, there was little fire types...but now, most of em' are~
------
Try some deadly kick attacks :3
1.5a] Job Extension

This signature attack is an upgrading of Seraphim's "class" function, giving him abilities beyond the scope of normal classes, granting him a completely different class to use besides his Gunner class. Seraphim gains what appears to be a giant blade, which whose only purpose could possibly be ornamental, but somehow serves as a giant weapon of destruction that is easily utilized. Point and smash.

1] When Seraphim utilizes this attack, his type changes from Target to Break and Sword.

2] His weapon changes to a massive blade. His rapid attack changes to swinging his sword at the enemy, and his charge attack consists of slamming the blade into the enemy, and then into the ground, basically shock-waving them.

3] He receives a further +10 to all sword attacks.

4] His first signature attack becomes "Shattering Blitz", which deals the [Rapid*Charge*Attack] damage in three parts, with the sword, in all breaking damage.

5] Charge and Attack receive a +1 bonus while shifted to this form.

6] Seraphim cannot use ranged chips unless they are elemental in this form.