Pokemon.

To answer your question Phoenix, Gallades are pretty snazzy in the standard metagame. It has as large movepool, allowing it options such as double status movesets; and unlike the infamous nuke Medicham, it can take hits as well as deal them. It won't sweep teams, but it's definitely sturdy.
Ooh, sweet.

And after checking it's IVs, it has 31 in Attack and 29 in Speed. Boy, did I ever get lucky.

Well, I'mma gonna head off to pwn the hell out of the battle tower now to get some TMs, A Choice Scarf and Band, and maybe a Focus Sash just so I can use a FEAR on my cousin for kicks.

Also, would a Power Tricking Shuckle be any good? Only it's Defence is higher than Attack Deoxy's Attack, and switching all that defence to attack could be pretty deadly.
Back after a long bout with my Internet connection, and mannaged to complete the Sinnoh Pokedex in that time. Now to get the Wifi working.
Arr. I be "Legoroy" with a Pearl.

3351 1503 3943
I've been watching video after video of Battle Revolution on Youtube, trying to decide whether I should buy it or not. Help me out here, people!
405th post!

Battle Revolution? Uhm...

Platform?
Wii, yarr. Put yer handheld monsters into glorious, world-wide, 3D tournaments and stuff!
I have it. It's pretty cool, but unless you're an uber trainer that wants to get the items from the store, or play online with your TV, you could probably pass on it.

Having the ability to just pick it up and fight some trainers without walking around or anything is nice, though.
Got my Wifi working! My in-game name is Chris, I have pokemon diamond, and my friendcode is 2535 1120 7523

Just added everyone on the list to my pal pad
My extremely revolutionary Physical Typhlosion is coming along nicely.
Needed revival for no apparent reason.

Suggestions on a good Grass Type. I'm thinking Sceptile? It's a little Iffy to get Sceptile. Anyone?
From what I've seen, Sceptile's good, but I've never seen it in Standard. The only one I've actually seen is Roserade, but according to Serebii, it's not as good as, say, the masses of Salamences and Blisseys and Skarmorys and what not that you see in OU.

Oh, and Cradily's supposed to be okay in terms of Stalling the hell out of whatever. Not a good attacker, though.

In any case, though, I really wouldn't know. Why are you looking for a Grass-type, anyway? They're a pretty inferior type, being vulnerable to what, five different elements? I'm not about to check, as I'm too busy watching Shippuden ATM.
Torterra...it's defesnes are very high, so better eblieve it can survive a powerful attack by just using strength alone. Combine him with the moves Leaf Storm, EarthQuake, Curse, and (Forgot Move here but ti's a normal type) and you have yourself a powerhouse. If you equip it with an Enigma berry, it will cut a super effective attack damage in half. Since it's slow, using curse won't hurt it at all, and it will only prove more effective in gaining attack and defense, but for a smart thinker's sake, place a pokemon such as SlowKing in your party and teach it Trick Room, and your Torterra's Curse will boost attack and defense, while also while in the Trick Room effect, boost speed since the slowest pokemon goes first.

Trick Room is key, because pokemon with slow stats are often powerhouses, so give this technique to a pokemon in your party of slow pokemon and then you'll have the advantage again pokemon like Staraptor who won't be able to overcome your Torterra's powerful blows as it will have higher defense than usual, along with attacks that will knock it senseless before it can knock out Torterra with the common move, Fly.
Zane, you're overlooking the point that overturns Torterra: it's weaknesses. Truth be told, the additional Ground-type didn't really help it at all, but only gave it something to counter the nonexistant Fire-types in OU ('cept for Infernape and Heatran, the latter of which is barely in existance due to the fact that not many people in OU like using Legendaries), and gave it an immunity to Electric, a type that noone in their right mind would've used on a Grass-type in the first place.

Then, look at what the Ground-type in turn did to it. Torterra has a glaring x4 weakness to Ice, an attack type that every team has to have at least one attack of, to deal with the likes of Salamence and Garchomp. It's also got the weaknesses to Fire, Bug, and to a certain extent Flying (though not many people use Flying-type moves as far as I've really seen, just because everything it can Super-effective can be replaced by more damaging methods with the same end result (eg: Fire-type moves can beat out Grass and Bug, and the ever-common Psychic kills Fighting)

That's not to say Torterra's not without it's good points, though. It's got okay HP, and pretty good Attack and Defence (past the 100 mark for both), but in my eyes, Roserade, Sceptile, and Cradily seem like overall better Grass-types, for various reasons.
I know that, but I'm just pointing out a strategy, and you didn't consider the defense and the enigma berry and the Curse effect ant the Trick Room that would quickly overpower the opponent and heighten it's already tough defense. Nuff said at this point so, meh. Whatever floats your boat.
*reads thread*

*becomes halftempted to try to sign up for 'pokemon infinity' again*
Phoenix, if you have any other way to deal with those goddamn Ground/Water types, give me a hint.
Wait, hold on. <checks stuff>
I preferably stay AWAY from Torterra, it got screwed over in competitive stuff that I went to. Never, using, again. Sorry Zane, Trick Room not my favorite thing.
Anyway, Roserade is ridiculously fragile, not using her... Well, I don't remember if I have a her or a him, pretty sure it's female. -_-;
Hmmm... I think Sceptile is decent. Not like it overkills like my Lucario and Infernape, but it works.
Now... anyone have a spare Elekid? :'D
Four words that'll make your day, Sin: TM's 22 and 53 (Solarbeam and Energy Ball)

Energy Ball is a better "just use it" move, but if you've got a Pokemon that knows Sunny Day, by all means stick Solar Beam on the compatible Pokemon of your choice (preferably one with a high Special Attack and is resistant/immune to one or both of Ground and Water) Either way, use one, and watch the Whiscachs and Swamperts will run like little b***hes.

As for getting the TMs themselves, you can buy Solarbeam at Veilstone Department Store, and Energy Ball you can get from the Battle Tower place. Hope this helps.
grass-types are meh. Sorry for lack of advice, but the have too many issues. Try a special sweeper like Gengar or Alakazam with Energy Ball instead.

As for Elekids, I have some with the elemental punches and cross chop, and can always make more.

As for me, I use...

Weavile
Electivire
Salamence
Feraligatr
Milotic
Blissey
I'm surprised people still play this to be honest. >: