Which Megaman series is the best?

I personally think that the X series is the best it was a big argument between my friends but I wanna here wat yall have to say
X is the best, Legends was only two games but it's second in my book, and third would have to be the original.
Acording to me friend the Zero series is the best
here are the series that i played from most favorite to least favorite.

megaman.exe
original
X-series
X4 was the first one I fell in love to. Then legends and EXE^^
EXE first. X second. Never played Legends and I never got to like Original.
The Zero series is my favorite. The learning curve is brutal, but the results are absolutely gorgeous.

I'm assuming that ZX is in the same catagory, as it's a continuation.

The 2nd would be EXE. Namely, either EXE 3 or 6.

I probably should play Legends. But for now, X series takes 3rd place for the gorgeous graphics at the time and Zero's sheer hax factor.
Erm... Tough.

EXE was consistently wonderful until four, when the games took a brutal turn for the worse. Six was refreshingly different, but still not as good.

The original had its good moments, but the fortress levels left me feeling bored and unsatisfied -- after all, they were brutally difficult (especially eight -- JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE AAAAARGH!) and you had to start from the first in the event of a game over.

X... I have to say, this is nice. It's difficult without being impossible, and the environments were interesting, but five and six were decidedly awful.

ZX, well... Got incredibly boring. You'll spend most of the game as Model Z and Model F (the green flying one, I assume,) even during boss battles. The area system was unnecessarily confusing, as well. Boss battles were bland but not awful. The MEGA collection thing, though, is far too formulaic. Story's not bad, though.

If I had to put them in order...

EXE, because it was good for the first three games, at least, and it holds a lot of nostalgia for me.

X, because it was really fun to play through, even if Sigma was still impossible for a dude with lead thumbs like mine.

The original, because the music is really good and the platforming is unrivaled.

And finally, ZX, for being far too short and not doing justice to the potential the MEGA system held. Here's hoping the sequel will learn from its mistakes.
The Legends series, definitely. Those three games mean more to me than any number of games from the other series. It's what started my love of Megaman games and really, my serious fandom of any series that allows me to pump out fanart or talk about them with my brother seriously. I really love the Classic and X series too, but the Legends series is by far my favorite.

The characters have more depth and character value than those of any series, the voice acting is incredible, the gameplay in both is impressive (and I love bosses with seperate hit spots), they throw in some fanservice here and there, there's great robot designs... man, it just goes on and on. But really, the character designs are the best part. They're just far more likable to me than any of the other series'.

While it's all just opinion, of course, I'd trade the entirety of every other series before I'd give up the Legends series.

Quote (Savage King)

but five and six were decidedly awful.

If I had to put them in order...

X, because it was really fun to play through, even if Sigma was still impossible for a dude with lead thumbs like mine.

The original, because the music is really good and the platforming is unrivaled.

And finally, ZX, for being far too short and not doing justice to the potential the MEGA system held. Here's hoping the sequel will learn from its mistakes.

They had too many flaws. Six in particular let you skip half the game. Five and six were also the only ones I ever beat; they were that easy. With four, I got to Sigma's final form, then got repeatedly pwnt over a matter of months. Stupid crushing heads. X was also the only series besides Z that (imho) had a non-shitty storyline.

So, X is my favorite.

I've never played ZX.

I've played very few of the originals and never beat even one of them. I'm horrible at platforming, and the boss fights were Z- level difficulty.

Z takes second for me. I enjoyed them all, and they felt much cleaner than X, even if I didn't beat them, not even in ROM form ><

I played Legends. It was wierd. Just wierd. A horrid perversion of what Megaman was meant to be. But what they decided to do to poor Mega made a good game, so I guess Legends ties for second.

I didn't like EXE. It was an even worse perversion than Legends, and the battle system was meh unless you wanted to be a spoiler-reading exploiter like most of the people around here. Puzzles also pissed me off. I'm STILL looking for the f--cking MoonStone. I swear to God I've got nowhere left to look.
... Moonstone? You mean MMBN6?

It's where the two HeelNavis are looking into space. Just walk around there and you'll find a hidden path.

I always play through the MMBN games once fully before looking at any guides, and that took me awhile too.
Meh, for the life of me I can't get a yo-yo for that tard who refuses to do his own BBS jobs...And hence I never beat EXE 3. And 3 is the only one of that series I have ever played...In reality, I don't like the Megaman games that much. Weird.

Let's see...I've played most of the original series, though I beat very few of them, and most of X, having beat the majority of them. I played the first and second Legends games, finding them okay, and none of the Z or ZX games. I'd say that...Command Missions was my favorite Megaman game.
Yeah, Kazu, it's in the Undernet where the two punk heelanavi's are staring at nothing.
I've liked x4 the best so far. The difficulty was about right. X5 was great, I really liked the last levels, with the black giant (yellow giant) and the end of the level straight out of quickmans stage from the original series.

I can't really say anything for the rest, since they are equally close to my heart. Except exe, which I don't know if I should hate or like. Exe has its moments, but its kinda meh altogether.
why not try playing network transmision. it's basicly the bridge between MMBN1 and MMBN2, or was it between MMBN2 and MMBN3? oh well. it's got LOTS of stages that have parts taken from the old games like there's elecman's stage, quickman's stage etc. etc.
I've only played scattered games from the X series (actually, all but 6-8), none of the Legends series, and all or all but one of everything else.

However, from what I've played, my preference is definitely the X series, with one exception.

SHUT UP ALIA!!!

Seriously, she almost ruined large parts of X5.
I despise Network Transmission, no offense, but I hate it.
Traded it off with two other games to get something better.
Hmm... I'll be all oldschool on you.

The only megaman games I havent played are... The wonderswan/neogeo releases of anything, the NES boardgame, the playstation racing game, MMBN4, MMBN5 DS, and Command Mission.

Megaman X was pwnage until 5. 6 was better than 5, but still meh. Then they tried to go 3d and I lost all respect.

Megaman was awesome till 8. 8 Sucked. And Rockman and Forte came before 8, just fyi and such.

EXE was good for the most part. Sure Lan's an idiot and should be shot repeatedly for allowing certain things to happen, but whatever.

The power fighter/battle games were okay, but more like just a random foray into silliness.

ZX was sweet. And my first time through yes, I did abuse model FX. But then I learned how to abuse model PX. And, to a lesser extent, HX. OX still pwns all though

Anywho... um... I 'm sure I'm missing a few, but heres my top 3 SERIES: X, Zero, Exe.

Now top GAMES: MMX3, ZX, Legends, MM6, Network Transmission, and... MM2.

Quote (Zanallen)

Meh, for the life of me I can't get a yo-yo for that tard who refuses to do his own BBS jobs...And hence I never beat EXE 3.

Know what? I started a new game on that one, and I'm stuck on the same part. Goddamn, why did I spam the Chip Trader so damn much!!!
I can't find the bloody DollThunder A for one of the navis in MMBN6.
E, fine. A, friggin' A it's bloody impossible!