Sig Effect Suggestion Thread

Check the first post. Read the pretty orange. Follow the pretty orange.

I </3 you all. Especially EN.
yeah, I saw that 2 minutes after I posted, but couldn't think of a better name...

Quote (Leon)

Check the first post. Read the pretty orange. Follow the pretty orange.

I </3 you all. Especially EN.

Aw, I heart you too!
Hmmm...Perhaps some sort of of Nerf that stipulates that you cannot use a sig unless a certain condition is met....Such as another sig used before it or something.

Example:

Kevlarman has three corresponding sigs: Judge, Jury and Executioner. The sigs must be used in that order, though one can follow the other at any time.
Yeah, I was thining of a terain dependant nerf, such as it can only be used in sea, lava, or glass areas and such.
Terrain dependant sounds too easy to fulfill.... Even if it was a nerf it shouldn't be too much Same for "signatures in order". I can't imagine more than a static 20 for them, or even less.
Well, it would be more like....Can't use any signatures unless a certain one is used. Remember that werewolf example? I was thinking that most of his SigAttks would be unusable unless he transforms into his wold form. However, the transform SigAttk initiates a ChipLock effect. So, when in human form he can use chips, but most of his sigs are locked and in werewolf form he can use sigs, but his chips are locked.
Hmm... this could be a 2 part nerf then. Basically, the points you save with making it "after xy only" would be put on to the "release" sig. Should be around 30 to 20 ratio (i.e., you put a 30 nerf on your sig and have to put 20 on the release sig) but per round effect I can see it work, though it might be a bit overcomplicated.

EDIT:

I dun feel like double posting >.>

Pull (20): Pulls an enemy/object slightly closer to the navi.
Well, Greco told me to post it here. Or summat. You can use Slow twice in a Sig as nerf, but... It's still 'slow'. I want to get a special nerf that makes the Navi incapable of moving. With slow, you could still move. But what if the Navi can't move, causing all attacks to hit unless the virus is stupid or blinded. But I have no idea how many points that would be. A name would be 'Stop'. Anyway... An effect for this? Or the ability to throw 3 'Slow' nerfs into it to get your Navi to stop moving entirely.
it's called "hold", 50 points...

I'm looking for a sig that lowers an opponent's accuracy, any Ideas?
that would be blind. halves Accuracy for all attacks enemies or your navi makes.
My mind is still taped to the Sig Effects: Revenge, Counter, and Reflect.

Revenege - A sig effect that allows the user to counter with set damage, or even an attack or effect when struck physically.

Counter - Nullifies, or even dodges an attack, and counters by attacking with a move with set damage or an effect.

Relfect - Reflects a usually long range attack and nullifies damage and counters with another attack with set damage usually or varying.

I really want to know what's up with these suggestions if they are good to be sued or not, because Empress is a vengeful and strategic person in battle.
I still think tbat element based status effects should be there. I cant think of an elec-effect though.

Quote (Zane)

My mind is still taped to the Sig Effects: Revenge, Counter, and Reflect.

Revenege - A sig effect that allows the user to counter with set damage, or even an attack or effect when struck physically.

Counter - Nullifies, or even dodges an attack, and counters by attacking with a move with set damage or an effect.

Relfect - Reflects a usually long range attack and nullifies damage and counters with another attack with set damage usually or varying.

I really want to know what's up with these suggestions if they are good to be sued or not, because Empress is a vengeful and strategic person in battle.

I think that as a general note you'd pay whatever point cost is set for the nullification of an attack and then the point cost for whatever the set damage or effect was. This is assuming it still had a cooldown and still took your action to activate prior to its use. I don't know if we count it as a nerf or not depending on what type of range it's set to work at.
You don't needa new effect for those.

Revenge is simply a delayed effect, that happens when you are next hit, and goes into cooldown at that turn (so both the effect and cooldown is delayed, like a barrier-type effect)

Eon used simple one hit barrier, with the effects happening when the barrier is destroyed for evade&counter. Seems to do the work well, so just be creative and mix/match the stuff we already have ^^

reflect... you just can't do that that way At least not the way that it reflects any attack, and full dmg. Aside from that, its just a simple block+ counter, so its nothing new.
I was thinking, is it possible to make a 'buddy' sig, such as having extra actions that other people could help with, like charging...

such as:

name:the buddy ball*rename*

Discription: building a ball of kenetic energy, navi1 spikes the ball, adding buster dmg to total. instead of aiming it at the enemy however, he aims it at his friend. navi2 shoots the ball adding another buster charge to it, sending it at navi3...

(a bunch of posts later) and naviN sends the ball at drakas' back, dealing masiive damage built up by all of the friends.

system: damage 20 + (20 * # of actions spent on it)

flaws: each person it's sent to could either dodge it, or it could hit them. plus the enemy could hit it back at anyone.

bonuses: huge damage + really easy way to make friendship points...

cost: not a clue, but cooldown(only for 1st one) would be based on actions spent (by everyone). basically funtions like the greenshell in smash bros...(mmm... fox deflect * 2 + greenshell = infinit damage)
Actually, Knight, that isn't a delayed effect. It's a circumstantial effect. Notice the difference...

Delayed: I am clearly doing something to signify that an effect is coming. a turn or so later, the effect occurs as expected.

Circumstantial: I activate x, possibly surreptitiously. When y occurs, x triggers.

The difference is that a delayed effect is absolute. It's going to occur after a period of time. The circumstantial effect only occurs when a set condition is fulfilled, and never otherwise. Thusly, a delayed effect doesn't really merit a bonus, as it's going to happen anyway. A circumstantial effect, however, would seem to be worth some kind of bonus value or value reduction as it does have much potential to simply not trigger.

Quote (Niax)

it's called "hold", 50 points...

I'm looking for a sig that lowers an opponent's accuracy, any Ideas?

No no no.

Hold is to get your OPPONENT to stop entirely. I need a NERF that stops YOURSELF entirely. And Hold would be 50 while 2x Slow would be 80. Read before you answer.
Furthermore, is chip sacrificing for a Sig also a type of Nerf? It seems like it to me, because that's like saying, this sig can't activate with out (Type) BattleChip or a chip's value that is at least (number) damge or higher.

Sleep on it!

*vanishes to bed for now*
Devteam is strongly against making chip dependant sigs right now. There are quite a few reasons for it; I think there was a suggestion topic of mine where most of them were written down, dig that up if interested ^^

Maybe... once we get the mb system running perhaps then it could be possible.