Sig Effect Suggestion Thread

MB system?
I'm thinking of creating a sig around this, but this effect'll have to be balanced and checked first...

Last Stand - Can be used at 0 HP and ONLY at 0 HP. If more points are put into a SigAttack with this effect, it can only be damage or similar effects (ie, Poison, Break, etc)

All Over - This ability can only be tagged on to the 'Last Stand' signature. After using their Last Stand SigAttack, the Navi is lost forever. If the post would have sprung a Rage Mode check, the roll automatically succeeds and the Navi automatically EJOs. However, this sig is now rendered unusable and points spent in it DO NOT return to be re-spent. Also, the signature cannot be re-registered AT ALL.

Quote (Zolem)

MB system?

Ignore it for now as it won't be for a long time if it happens at all. I'm sure if something does get finalized, it'll be taken up with the general populace.

Anyway, Shury....A Self-Hold? As in, your Navi cannot DODGE, or cannot move at all? Just wondering as the second definition would imply all sorts of nerf effects...

Quote (Nalerenn)

I'm thinking of creating a sig around this, but this effect'll have to be balanced and checked first...

Last Stand - Can be used at 0 HP and ONLY at 0 HP. If more points are put into a SigAttack with this effect, it can only be damage or similar effects (ie, Poison, Break, etc)

All Over - This ability can only be tagged on to the 'Last Stand' signature. After using their Last Stand SigAttack, the Navi is lost forever. If the post would have sprung a Rage Mode check, the roll automatically succeeds and the Navi automatically EJOs. However, this sig is now rendered unusable and points spent in it DO NOT return to be re-spent. Also, the signature cannot be re-registered AT ALL.

It would break the system so bad it would make people cry. :'D
Oh, whoops. I meant to point out that Last Stand affects the USER, not the target.

Quote (Harbin)

Quote (Nalerenn)

It would break the system so bad it would make people cry. :'D

I don't see how that makes it any less powerful.

Zombify, and Poison last stand attack. Or, However, "this sig is now rendered unusable and points spent in it DO NOT return to be re-spent. Also, the signature cannot be re-registered AT ALL. "

You know how troublesome that'd be for everyone involved? ;;>>

Say NavimanA uses his last stand all ove-

Wait, HOW does this work?

Okay, here's how I see it...

NaviA has just been reduced to 0HP. He has a Last Stand attack which deals 50HP damage, which he chooses to use at that point. So, he shoots the enemy for 50 damage and EJOs.

However, if he has All Over tagged to Last Stand, he goes boom, deals 50 damage and then there comes a question. Could his post have made a Rage Mode roll? If so, he EJOs and his cap is reduced by however many points he had in this Sig. If not, boom. Game Over screen appears and he's back to Registration.
Nah, the point of a RPG isn't to have kamikaze characters. We're not ALL Prinnies, here. XD
Actually, I think the point of an RPG is to play a role. In this case, it'd be playing the role of a character you design.

Plus, people seem to misunderstand. It's not a sig that puts you at 0 HP, it's one you use at 0 HP.
Yes but that second one just seems way too kamikaze. Plus, rage mode is, like, uber-rare.
I'd kill the system so hard it would make even hitler cry.
Iduno, Last Stand seems kind of cool.

Not very useful, unless you're team battling, and even then it won't help you much, just your allies.

All Over just has way too many problems attached to it.
I like the Last Stand Idea, it realy is useful as a suport for team battles, but the All Over just seems like a mega-rabid-crotch-attacking-weasle pain. Laast stand is a good idea in my book as a nerf that enables you to aid your allies if you get taken out (which is very likly in major boss battles with things like Cyber Beasts) with one final push. All Out is a no-go in my book though.
last stand should be restriced, you don't want a final action to be a self rez or huge heal...

anyways, here are some new things I thought up...

Quote ()

reprogram! - object mod sig

basically, it modifies an object and rewrites it's actions. it just has a few(suggested) rules to stop haxness...

1) you have to pay regular cost as if you were making an new object

2) once and obvject is edited, it gains the status 'corrupted' and can no longer be reprogramed, the objects corruption also halves the remaining hp.

3) the new 'program' over writes what it was supposed to do, and is now stuck doing what the new instructions are.

4) the cost of object creation is now used to 'hack' the object at a ratio of 3 hack:4 hp. so you'd need a sig with 30 hack to control an object with 40 hp(or hacking is based on rp quality. long story short, more hp/cost = harder to hack)

example -
Void.exe is fighting Gorrila_Warfare.exe, who has currently created an object called a sheild genrator(20 hp + 1 hit barrier per turn = 80 points)(patent pending). Void, getting hammered and barley hitting GW through the rapidly respawning barrier, uses a reprogram sig 'mark of the beast'(15 hack + 10 attack per turn = 45 points).
the object suddenly drops from the full 20 hp to 10hp, stops making the shield and begins to zap GW for 10 damage each turn...

basically it goes -

turn 10
void - 50 hp

GW - 80 hp(sheilded)
sheild genatrator - 20 hp(sheilding GW)

turn 11
void - 50 hp
shield genorator - 10 hp(corrupted - mark of the beast)

GW - 70 hp

Quote ()

numb - to complete the temporary locks...

50 points

see, we have stun(20 points) which stops everything for an action, and we have hold(50 points) which stops all movement. so to complete it, we need something that stops all regular actions(excluding movement and passives) for one action/turn. this is pretty much the idea, also is unstackable per round.

Quote ()

nutralize- cause disarm was taken

personally, I want the one for traps deavtivate or defuse, and disarm for weapons...

basically, it makes the opponent waste a chip or start cooldown on a sig. basically, when you use a sig with this, you stop the actions of one chip or sig attack at random, and the chip stays used. if it stops a sword/multiuse attack, it stops every use afterthe original. passives are not effected, just roll a d(number of actions) to figure out what stops working. if it lands on a roleplay, dodge, or other action not using chips or sigs, nutralize's effects don't take place, but the rest does.

Quote ()

Sig Nerf Ideas: Point cost/gain not listed, but levels are

Inaccurate Shot (X per level reduced)
This signature attack is more inaccurate by another level each time this is taken. Stackable

High Recoil (X per level per turn reduced)
All attacks are reduced by a level of accuracy for a turn for each time this is taken.

Healing Lock (X per turn)
The Navi is unable to be healed or use heal another for any purpose for a turn each time this is taken.

Combat Lock (X per turn)
The Navi is unable to Attack (Any action that would deal damage) for a turn each time this is taken

Dodge Lock (X per turn)
The Navi is unable to use the dodge action for a turn each time this is taken.

Self Afflicting
The Navi is afflicted by a status effect when this sig is used

Subtype Negation (X per turn)
The navi is unable to use its subtype abilities

Sig effect: Ability to choose between Nerfs, 10 Points per selectable nerf, always counts as only the weakest possible choice.
These are actually pretty cool.

Quote (RoboTek)

Sig Nerf Ideas: Point cost/gain not listed, but levels are

Inaccurate Shot (X per level reduced)
This signature attack is more inaccurate by another level each time this is taken. Stackable

High Recoil (X per level per turn reduced)
All attacks are reduced by a level of accuracy for a turn for each time this is taken.

Healing Lock (X per turn)
The Navi is unable to be healed or use heal another for any purpose for a turn each time this is taken.

Combat Lock (X per turn)
The Navi is unable to Attack (Any action that would deal damage) for a turn each time this is taken

Dodge Lock (X per turn)
The Navi is unable to use the dodge action for a turn each time this is taken.

Self Afflicting
The Navi is afflicted by a status effect when this sig is used

Subtype Negation (X per turn)
The navi is unable to use its subtype abilities

Sig effect: Ability to choose between Nerfs, 10 Points per selectable nerf, always counts as only the weakest possible choice.

Actually, that can also be combined to:

Channeling time (X per max action)
Navi must concentrate and use actions up to keep the effect going, sacrificing actions. Being attacked or to stop channeling will end the signature attack. All canceled channeling times due to damage are considered dodge actions
So, with that, someone could hide behind something and channel a heal sig?
Yes, but that is the point on all drawbacks.

"Buster lock? So I can just not use buster and use this?"

Anyway, channeling would fall into the category of "variable" sig attacks, where you have to decide how many of the nerf you apply on the spot (for equally increased results ofc)... It is one of the things we are working on.
not neccisarily, you could have the channeling for a max amount of time(which you pay for the max time allowed), taking up one action for each turn bought, then when you get stunned or take a hit it cancels out...

I had a simmiler idea with 'approching darkness', on chaos net. it'd prolong effects based on rp.