Sig Effect Suggestion Thread

Additional Nerf Ideals:

Interruptible
If the Navi is hit on the turn they attempt to use this signature it is interrupted and fails to go off.

Precarious:
If the Navi is hit on the turn they attempt to use this signature it is interrupted and fails, causing the signature to be expended with no effect and all penalties.

Fleeting Power:
This ability is only lasts one turn when it might otherwise work longer (only works for barriers right now)

One Shot (minor):
This attack may only target a single enemy with a single hit for all effects.

Unreliable:
A die is rolled to see if the signature successfully works

Unwieldy:
Cannot target a specific enemy, only a group. One or more targets in the group will be hit, decided by moderator.

Unstable:
Effect ends if user is hit. Only works for continuous effects.

Incomplete:
Only works with defensive abilities (shadow, barriers, hardbody, ect.) Ability only works in a single direction, leaving part of their body open to attack.
Niax, He ment variable because you could take longer to have more effect. They are trying to add a cost to it so you cant have a "AND IF YOU CHARGE THIS SIG ATTACK, YOU GET STATUS EFFECTS" attack thingies for regular cost.
I'm curious...

Did anyone already suggest the Chip sacrificing + element sig or effect sig, or something already?
No sig attacks/effects based on chips, plox.
Ah! Okay!

*Walks back into the geniusness lair...halts*

Oh! By the way...how about attack poison?
Attack... poison?
Like poison, attack poison will apply to those that are struck. Instead of the poisoned taking damage for each move they make, they will take damage for every attack they make, but there's a difference. They MUST attack, and because enemies are usually smart enough to not take the option to attack since they know the consequences, it switches them to defense. That's the flaw of attack poion, but it's more potent with damage and I think it lasts a bit longer.
hmm.... effects like this, that work when the enemy makes a specific action are in the work. Though, this is an interesting way to apply it.
It was a frustrating poison I dealth with when playing Xenosaga. It got on my nerves whenever KOS-MOS had it because what good is a cybernetic combat robot who can't attack. >_<
I've had ideas for my second navi and I was looking through the sig effects list.

One of my plans involves an object, which are listed as "Passive, Automated and Operational" but it doesn't go on to explain fully what the latter two do.

I just want to clear that up before my sig gets busted by some lost info again.

: /

Quote (Legoroy)

I've had ideas for my second navi and I was looking through the sig effects list.

One of my plans involves an object, which are listed as "Passive, Automated and Operational" but it doesn't go on to explain fully what the latter two do.

I can explain...

Passive means an object that sits there, like a rock cube

Automated means an object that can work by it'self, like a proximity mine or(dare I say it(second thought, no)) creature

Operational means like a remote mine or car, it needs someone to use it(dimension mobile)

edit: at least I think that's right...

Quote (Niax)

Quote (Legoroy)

I can explain...

Passive means an object that sits there, like a rock cube

Automated means an object that can work by it'self, like a proximity mine or(dare I say it(second thought, no)) creature

Operational means like a remote mine or car, it needs someone to use it(dimension mobile)

edit: at least I think that's right...

Weeee!

Time to break out the awsome!
Additional Nerf Ideas

Ally Only:
May only use this sig on willing Allies

Self Only:
May only use this on self

Delayed Effect:
This Signature will take effect the turn after it is used

Parasitic:
Increases the cooldown of another sig of the user's when used

Single Use:
Ignore cooldown, this sig may only be used once per fight, ever.

Counter Attack:
This sig will only function if the user was hit the turn it was used.

Desperation Attack:
This sig will only function if the user is at 20% or below max HP

Quote (RoboTek)

Additional Nerf Ideas

Ally Only:
You can do that anyways

Self Only:
same as above

Delayed Effect:
I think thats in the works

Parasitic:
Sig burn nerf?  Sounds....evil...

Single Use:
no...just.......no

Counter Attack:
Again, just no

Desperation Attack:
Mods dont like precentages

thar, Thats what I think of that.
You can also make it so that your sig can only target mets or will only function if you just fired a fire chip the previous round.

That doesn't mean they are actually part of the system. As it stands these are actual nerfs someone is placing upon their sig when they restrict it, while they might not all be major they are very real disadvantages being given.

Quote (commondragon)

Quote (RoboTek)

Additional Nerf Ideas

Ally Only:
You can do that anyways
Self-imposed nerf. I don't like this either since it's not really much of a nerf.

Self Only:
same as above
See aobve.

Delayed Effect:
I think thats in the works
No opinion.

Parasitic:
Sig burn nerf?  Sounds....evil...
It'll work.

Single Use:
no...just.......no
What he said.

Counter Attack:
Again, just no
I rather like this.

Desperation Attack:
Mods dont like precentages
Finding 20% of something is horrendously easy.

thar, Thats what I think of that.

Comments in bold.
...uh...you guys are pretty much pulling these out of no where, huh?

Signature Effect

Curse: Causes damage each time the opponent accesses the chip folder and uses Signature Attacks. [Damage rate (10 Damage per Chip or Sig Attack used, per One Round)]

Quote (RoboTek)

Additional Nerf Ideas

Ally Only:

Self Only:

Delayed Effect:

Parasitic:

Single Use:

Counter Attack:

Desperation Attack:

Ally Only: Can be done anyway. Not a nerf.

Self Only: Can be done anyway. Not a nerf.

Delayed Effect: Yes, because dealing the same damage one turn LATER for the same amount of actions as normal is such a horrid disadvantage, amirite?

Parasitic: So you're stacking an added cooldown onto what will probably be a useless sig and trying to put points onto the good one for it?

Single Use: It can be done already. It's called 'Once Per Battle'. It's not a nerf.

Counter Attack: So we're giving people an excuse to go batshit rather than playing it careful, now?

Desperation Attack: One word. 'Undershirt'. Add in a passive sig that heals you for a meager amount of damage each turn and this means next to nothing.

Quote ()

..uh...you guys are pretty much pulling these out of no where, huh?

Signature Effect

Curse: Causes damage each time the opponent accesses the chip folder and uses Signature Attacks. [Damage rate (10 Damage per Chip or Sig Attack used, per One Round)]

Curse: Interesting idea, but it seems either A: Useless, or B: Overpowered.

*Shrug*

-Twi
It's probably useless. At most it's for Boss fights and PvP fights, so I don't know about using it in Virus fights.
---Optional Effects (have no cost or instant benefit)----

Ally Only: Can only be used on a target that is mutually friendly.
There are some signature setups that require this effect to function. This is a targeting setting. I will add that declaring a signature as ally-only, as opposed to being able to work on yourself as well, for durated effects such as Regen will allow us to ignore the rest of your regeneration stacks.

In English: it wont make this sig cost less by itself, but it could save you upwards of a hundred points on other effects or even separate signature attacks entirely if they share similar effects that increase in cost when you have more of it. That'd be anything listed under 'Stacking Clause'.

For all you hopeful party-players and healer/supporter/DoT'ers out there; effects like these can make your expensive action-based sigs a whole lot cheaper. The downside is, you can't use it as freely as before.

Self Only: Can only be used on yourself.
There are some signature setups that require this effect to function. This is a targeting setting. Everything else is as stated with Ally Only.... except it works only on yourself.

Again, there is no point cost for this effect. It is self imposed. However, we do legally recognize signatures registered with limitations as having those limitations. The happy side effect of those self-imposed restrictions is a possible lowered cost on stackable action-based effects.

I'd like to note that this is the way it was supposed to be from the beginning, but I never did get around to writing out these clarifications. So, you've got Robotek to thank for bringing it back up again.

Delayed Effect: This allows a signature to trigger parts of itself one or more turns of combat after the signature has affected the target. You are expected to state the time-line progression of your signature attack at the time you register it.
Be warned, we will not allow signatures that create and then take advantage of their own damage multiplication situation. So anyone thinking they're gonna freeze someone, then have the Break Damage trigger next turn... It's not happening. Don't try it.

As with the other effects, this will make your stackable effects cheaper. In this case, it makes them cheaper by spreading them out over time. Rather, it can be (and already is) used that way. It's not guaranteed to make your sigs cheaper, however. That's why it's not listed as a nerf. That's also why it doesn't count against your TCD or Nerf Cap, either.

...Did I mention it was free? More things in life should be like this: Free.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Now, onto the rest:

Parasitic: Increases TCD on a sig in cool-down to provide extra sig power when needed.
You know... In a perfect world, I'd love to allow this. It would make a great RP tool. Alas, it's a huge system vulnerability when it comes to minmaxers. It would create the kind of situation where anyone who planned to play here would HAVE to use it whenever they weren't using another nerf, just to keep within shouting distance of the people already using it in a PvP setting. It would be the Star-Code (*) Nerf Effect of RE:RN's sig structure. It's simply that much better than everything else.

Still... I wish it were possible.

Single Use:
Once Per Battle: (Known as OPB) This self-imposed nerf discards TCD, and renders the signature usable only once per battle. In exchange, some limitations imposed by the system's normal rules-set are lifted upon agreement with and approval by the staff. This effect, and the consequences of the negotiations with the staff, are handled at the time of registration. Thereafter, the results are law.
Anyone remember this one from RE:CN? Yeah... Good times right?

God help us if we still did this for normal sigs....

Well, anyways, guess what....?

This effect is still being used. This is the effect that resides at the very core of Joint Cross Attacks (JCA's). But, instead of negotiating with us, the staff, you negotiate with your cross-partner, and collectively build a combined signature attack with a cap of 1,000 points (with a 500 point nerf cap slapped on top of it). And the sig has no TCD. Only heaping piles of win. The only requirement is a level 5 cross partner who is present and isn't dead.

But, enough of that. I could see the return of OPB as a regular Nerf, but not at this time. Fair enough?

Counter Attack: This sig will only function if the user was hit the turn it was used.
I'll add this to my 'to-do' list. It's a pretty long list, so you may have to wait a little, but it'll get finished.

Desperation Attack: This sig will only function if the user is at 20% or below max HP
I could find a way to make this work. I'd begin with having the sig uninstall your undershirt the turn before it's used.... The HP requirement will stay, of course.

And, anyone who thinks that's a little on the severe side.... Well, it is. But, the deal here is, you're exchanging piles of epic win for safety and security. It's your call whether you want to make that trade or not. This effect would be for those players who want something reminiscent of how the Navis in MMBN were... The moment they reached the red-zone on their HP, they always whipped out a new, or better, special attack to take you out. Same goes for fighting games.

I don't see why not. Just know that we'll make sure it really is a desperation attack, rather than a cheap way to get power while abusing other effects.

Did I mention I like this idea?

This is an interesting idea. If you don't mind this effect possibly being subject to the Stacking Clause, I think we could do this. And, while there are probably more efficient ways of dishing out damage or preventing someone from attacking you, the flavor of placing a curse on someone is worth the trade off to the right person. Stats aren't everything, as we have documented instances of RP and fluff being lethal.