Sig Effect Suggestion Thread

Quote ()

Counter Attack: This sig will only function if the user was hit the turn it was used.
I'll add this to my 'to-do' list. It's a pretty long list, so you may have to wait a little, but it'll get finished.

Wouldn't this be revenge? Because when you're hit by a technique, it's called revenge, especially in close range, but when a target misses, that makes this attack counter.
Suggestion to change Power Burst's name to Strengthen

Then one can say they are Strengthening an attack while no valid verb of power burst exists. It is also debatably more descriptive.

Quote (RoboTek)

Suggestion to change Power Burst's name to Strengthen

Then one can say they are Strengthening an attack while no valid verb of power burst exists. It is also debatably more descriptive.

The strength between the attacks can be divided. More likely you're gaining a burst of power you can choose to use like fuel. Strengthen would most likely mean something permanent, so Power Burst seems better.

Now, where was I? Oh yes!

Wouldn't grounding a sig attack be a nerf? Like make it so they can be stopped by Hole Panels if they travel across the terrain?

Quote (Diva)

Wouldn't grounding a sig attack be a nerf? Like make it so they can be stopped by Hole Panels if they travel across the terrain?

I like that idea. Except I was thinking grounding would be a nerf as it would miss flying targets, or those using Float Shoes, originally. But not working due to terrain effects sounds good, too. I was also thinking about an "Aerial Target Only" nerf, which would only be able to be used on targets that were in the air.

I may be wrong, but escaping from battle requires actions, and each action taking increases the chance of success, correct? If so, then I propose the ability to use fleeing as a signature attack free-action type effect. (you know, like how dodge and tactical movement can be used now) I don't know what kind of cost, but some people are better at balancing than I am, so I'm sure they could figure it out.

Any chance on a variation of status cure to cure a specific status effect?

Also, though this could probably be a horrible idea, maybe a "Resistance/Immunity/Guard" type thing for status effects? Like, you would choose which status effect upon creation of the sig, and it would work like the ones for NaviCust, Signature Attack, and Buster.

So, those are my suggestions. I apologize if they are stupid or ridiculous.
...What about a sig effect that lowers other people's buster stats?

Quote (Lux)

Also, though this could probably be a horrible idea, maybe a "Resistance/Immunity/Guard" type thing for status effects? Like, you would choose which status effect upon creation of the sig, and it would work like the ones for NaviCust, Signature Attack, and Buster.

I thought of that, making some kind of stun resistance for void cause you can't knock a shadow on the head...

then I realised you could just make a passive cure...

and I swore never to mention it to the mods...

also, looking over the 'slash' sig attribute, I noticed that it says reduces accuracy to B...

what happens if you add the effect to and attack that is below B?
I'm back...and some how, riding on a bus had given me this idea:

Leech: (5 Drain Per Action, one round) - Absorbs damage from one enemy per action taken.

My wording isn't good, but bare with me, because I was thinking of this for Venomess. Leech would basically be a tie from the opponent to the user that would allow him to steal HP away per action they take. It's something like Poison and Drain combined, and probably a very clear picture would be...and I pain to say it...Leech Seed. Nevertheless, it's just something I thought of while working on Venomess.
It might work, but it would need to be expensive.

and we have a sig effect that lowers buster stats, it is navicust crash.

Anything more direct and it would probably be too much of a pain for mods.
Leeching would be pretty much the double of poison (so 40 points for 5/action, with 10 point stacking), based off of both poison+lifesteal, and poison+regen, which could emulate it most easily.
The 'charge time' nerf can't be used in a sig that uses free dodges.

The 'charge burner' nerf is essentially the same as 'charge time' but has no such anti-dodge clause.

Assuming that teleport counts as a series of free dodges, could you use the charge burner nerf with it?
Maybe I'm wrong but I think Charge Burner and Charge time are totally unrelated.

Quote (ChargeBurner)

Charge Burner: Burn 1 Buster Charge to gain 30 Cap (per instance) [This ability uses Buster Charges as fuel. Keep in mind, this ability must be taken once for EACH charge you plan to power a given signature with, and you must have the required number of charges to use the signature at all. Also, keep in mind that should your buster be disabled, this signature becomes useless as well. Please note that this ability may be used in Optional Clauses.]

Note that is says "Burn 1 Buster Charge". Buster Charge is listed as a seperate object on the list.

Quote (BusterCharge)

Buster Charge: 40 [One buster charge. Cannot be used to inflict damage by itself, and cannot be consumed by anything but a Charged Shot attack. Buster charges expire at the end of the turn in which they are generated (as in they do not carry over from one turn to the next).]

As a result, I think "Charge Time" reffers to spending an action to charge the sig itself, and is totally unrelated to these two.

Buster Charge would be the equivalent of spending one action charging your buster, but you pay to use it as a free action. Charge Burner uses a stored charge to power attacks.

So, though I think, as far as I believe, your question isn't really controversial, if I'm correct about what I've placed here, Charge Burner nerf could be used with a teleport.

If I'm just flat out wrong about this, feel free to say something, but I believe I'm right, at least.
1 - charge sig
2 - use sig

or

1 - charge buster
2 - use sig (requires 1 buster charge)

The first scenario does not allow free dodges in the sig. The second one does. From my perspective, it's the same situation in terms of using up a turn for nerfing purposes.
Nono, Pocket. The second effect, if I remember correctly, is a free action.

In other words, you pay 40 points to get a buster charge without having to use an action for it. Not that you use a charge before the attack.
No, PA. Pocket is refering to using an action to charge his buster, then using the Charge Burner nerf to power up the sig by. This is as opposed to him using the charge time nerf to power up his sig spending an action to "charge" the sig. Pocket is essentially right in that both options would take the same number of turns and that charge burner would allow for free dodge use. However, Charge Burner also suffers from the additional clause where BusterLock(Or other such buster effecting statuses) would disable the sig.
I'd like an Enemy Heal nerf.

Seeing as there is no way to kill enemies regardless of HP, this nerf should have the same effect in almost every situation.

I'd also like "Delayed Action" - one that has actions happen in the next turn, or several turns afterward. Perhaps this should have a point cost.

Finally, I think we should be able to use Break/Impact/Slashing/Seeking as buffs.
Enemy heal as a nerf wont happen, because it can be turned into damage.

Same goes for buffing with effects, as we have giant meta-sigs appearing when this occurs and it makes more than one Subtype useless.

Delayed action is already allowed, and it's free of charge.
Then have the Enemy Heal still heal them even if they're in Zombie state...?

I understand the whole meta-sig deal. Thanks for clarifying.
If anyone happens to remember the discussion we had once about nerfing Microburst, I'd like to re-iterate my suggestion.

50 points, 60 at most, cannot be Passive.
Fear: (40 points per target per instance) Target is terrifed by a source and runs away from it, taking only defensive actions until the target gains its courage again. (Target must run from the source of fear. Can not use buster or sigs. Can only use defensive chips until Fear is over.)
I got one!
Name: Terrain Attack
Range: The terrain panels that you need for this move (like coal,water,or something)
Tips: Get a Stage Change ability with this one,and BOOM you have a 100% GUARANTEED HIT.
Cost: 3x(Amount of Damage)