Break type

Types:

18 Normal (That's Break, Cursor, and Recovery combined...)
7 Sword
9 Break
8 Cursor
8 Wind
1 Rass (I mean Recovery)

Goroke... c'mon....
So, after a good while talking in the chat room, I was wondering... couldn't we basically balance things out by doing the following?

1) Increase the effectiveness of break type by doing the following:
-Get rid of the barrier and recovery penalty, since it doesn't make much sense at all for tanker-like characters, as most breakers are.
-Keep the dodge penalty.
-Increase the amount break gains over time, or perhaps the rate at which they gain it. 40+ HP by level 20 isn't much. XD

2) Take out the accuracy boost to swords. That way, the durability of swords can be their counter to the accuracy of the cursor's attacks, and they don't have super accurate 80+ damage attacks.

I don't know, it seems reasonable to me...

Quote (Demonstar)

Hmm. Interesting points.

I'm against 2x damage for anything but the 4 original elements, and also for dual-types.

Pokemon is funny, though--especially the new Steel/Dragon. ;p

You know,

I was just thinking maybe we could revamp everything, and in the proccess, add the subtypes we don't yet have. I'm talking about Invis and Plus. Summon is stupid.
I can only hope that things don't get out of hand, I wish you the best of luck if you do go about rewriting all of the subtypes.
We really need to try and keep the subtypes even numbers so that we can make it smoother for... stuff. Iduno. It's always annoyed me that there are four elements, and FIVE subtypes. Six would work, but seven would infuriate me to no end. Invis would work, but I say ditch Plus.

And while I'm thinking about it, the wheel would go like this: Invis -> Cursor -> Sword -> Wind -> Break -> Recov -> Invis
So Wind for evasion, Target for long range, Sword for short range, Break for being a tough guy, Recov just because we can, and Invis for...?

Perhaps we could focus Break on high damage, low accuracy, and then Invis would be for accuracy. Or, perhaps Wind would be for accuracy and Invis would be for evasion.
Can someone tell me why the idea of a new invis-type is being thrown around now? Please don't add an invis-type. Please. The idea of fighting navis capable to turning themselves invincible/invisible is unsettling.
Hmm... Wind seems to do well for dodge-type stuff, with fairly minor boosts for accuracy... I suppose if an Invis type was introduced, we could do the reverse: Greatly improved accuracy (with decent RP, of course,) and minor boosts to dodge probablility.

As for a Plus type... I had dismissed the idea at first, but I've come up with something.
A Plus type could redistribute points at will from chips. For instance, he could remove a number of points from a chip's damage (total final damage, in the case of Vulcan and the like,) placing them in a pool of free points that they can use to add to damage (again, total final damage,) or damage reduction when used with a Dodge. In the case of a damage reduction Dodge, the user must declare how many points they will spend in their summary, and the points are consumed regardless of the foe's actions. They can also grant points to other characters, to be used in the same way. A charged shot can grant the Plus type a number of free points equal to their AttackxChargex4.

For instance.

Turn 1: PlusMan takes 10 points from a Cannon chip, and includes this information, as well, as the total free points he has, in his summary.

Turn 2: Plus Man uses a Charge attack to add to his point total.

Turn 3: PlusMan grows tired of being decimated by the Mets. He decides to launch a combination assault, both offensive and defensive. He spends thirteen points each on a Cannon and one Dodge.

Over the enemy turn, one Met attacks. This would normally deal 10 damage, but due to the 13-point damage reduction PlusMan put in place, he takes none. He does not get the 3 spare points back, though.

This feels underpowered, though. I need to think of a power other than rearranging points he could have just used straight-out... Gimme some time to think.
And sleep.
I do my best thinking when I'm asleep. XP

Quote (PaladinGC)

Types:

18 Normal (That's Break, Cursor, and Recovery combined...)
7 Sword
9 Break
8 Cursor
8 Wind
1 Rass (I mean Recovery)

Goroke... c'mon....

It just went into my head...being...too paranoid...*smirk*
If plus was done that way, I think that since their atk does nada by itself, that it be atkxchgx5 instead.
That's your take on Custom (plus) eh?

I never thought about doing it quite that way. I may have to re-think my earlier position on it.... That idea also opens all sorts of new idea-paths for me... Thanks.

As for the damage pool ability:
I could, and would, mercilessly abuse that ability you're describing there...
Uh... we'd probably need some sort of a drawback on plus types as well, considering that otherwise, people are just going to choose it over N/A since there's no drawback.

Besides that... I'm afraid I'd have a hard time explaining why an Invis subtype had better accuracy than dodge. ^^;
We have to take in account that people will and shall have signature attacks that incorporate switching their element and sub elements. I'd like to remember the RECN members that Eon managed to pull off having all elements and sub elements, except for Recovery, in one turn. I'm talking about Normal/Fire/Aqua/Wood/Elec/Cursor/Wind/Break/Sword here. If that was allowed, do we allow Navis with multiple sub types at registration too?
Some know I'm already working on a new Navi, again, as I write this and I'm actually thinking of trying to make her a Wind/Recovery type. I want her to be recovering, but I also want her to fly and I can't let her randomly fly without a Wind subtype so I'll need both.
Maybe you could balance it out with starting items. Depending on your type, you'd get an extra navi-cust, or a stronger/different starting chipset. Break could get an extra hp-mem, or break navi-cust, sword could get sword chip, etc...
I think we should stop allowing people to have sigs that change their types even if it's not explicitly a type change.

Quote (Heat Sonata)

Uh... we'd probably need some sort of a drawback on plus types as well, considering that otherwise, people are just going to choose it over N/A since there's no drawback.

Besides that... I'm afraid I'd have a hard time explaining why an Invis subtype had better accuracy than dodge. ^^;

To me, an Invis type would be Shadowman. He can sneak attack someone, hitting them with deadly accuracy. However... It does seem more heaily oriented towards Dodge boosts. Maybe we need to rethink what sort of power a Wind type gets. Maybe the ability to reduce the enemy's accuracy with gusts of wind...?

And alright, for a drawback... Plus types have slightly reduced accuracy with all offensive chips. They're more used to the mechanics of chips that actual chip use. Makes sense...
And they're more likely to fall victim to status effects, since many are so frail.

Quote (Savage King)

an Invis type would be Shadowman.

Yes. Shadowman had Kiwarimi, yes? And he could sort of teleport with those swords of his.

Wind would become more about accuracy, and Invis would become about dodges.

Plus types would have some drawback that has nothing to do with accuracy, I think. Maybe reduced HP, weakened busters, or the half heal that Break types had at first.
Hm, yeah, half heal would work.
What changes I personally would make is irrelevant. I want to know what you people want done with this. If it is decided that an overhaul would be appreciated, then this will get taken to the Mod-Cave.

Quote (Kazuhiro)

Quote (Savage King)

an Invis type would be Shadowman.

Yes. Shadowman had Kiwarimi, yes? And he could sort of teleport with those swords of his.

Wind would become more about accuracy, and Invis would become about dodges.

Plus types would have some drawback that has nothing to do with accuracy, I think. Maybe reduced HP, weakened busters, or the half heal that Break types had at first.

...I'm getting a slight chill in my back...I'm afraid there could be massive ninja navis everywhere because of invis o_o;;

Or~ That's just my paranoia running in my mind^^
------
Sorta like G.U., which is everything for Eon >_>;;, he is going for the "Adept Rogue" job in the game, which allows you to have all types of jobs in one character disposal, but it's weaker if it's fighting the same type with same level (EX: Spear job Lv10 > Adept Rogue Spear job Lv10)

There should be limited sigatk damage and status effect at least...Too much downgrading would be...well...unfair. (Even though you guys are trying your best to balance it out)