Special Chip Nominations

So, I have a chip idea I may try to add in the near future. Buuuut, it requires something to work: Navis. So give me them.

...Okay, I should elaborate a bit. I want to know what Navis YOU, a player of this fine site, would like to see get chips. Special, really strong but not necessarily easy to get, chips. Though unlike canon Navi chips, they're just really strong attacks based on the Navis you can use, they don't actually summon Navis, or stop time, or any of that stuff. Oh, and you can even nominate canon Navis! However, there are restrictions:

- For canon Navis, you cannot nominate MegaMan, or any of the cell phone game exclusive Navis (HatMan, JammingMan, Cache, and RideMan). Also, the Navi must have been in at least one video game (so no anime-exclusive Navis like WhaleMan), and must be fightable in at least one game (so no one like Glyde or Iris). CopyMan doesn't count, as he's never fought as himself.

- For RERN Navis, you cannot nominate any of your own Navis, because I want to minimize vote lameness. I would also prefer Navis that have done something 'notable', though I'll leave what notable means up to you. NPC Navis and inactive Navis are permitted, so long as there's a sheet or something where I can look them over.

- If you just start nominating an excessively large number of Navis, I'll probably get annoyed and ignore your vote. My nomination thread, my rules, yo.

I think that about covers it. So who do you want to see their moves become fancy chips?
I think it might be nice to see something from some of the more combat-oriented navis that have left their mark on our in-universe world at one time or another. For me, since I wasn't around when the older guard were more active, that's Mach and Drago.

After that, if we're not focusing on offence, for a support-style idea, it's hard to go past everyone's favourite support buddy Eternalis. I don't know that he's necessarily made a mark on the greater net, but he and aurora have certainly made pronounced impressions on the friends and allies around them. And I guess history back, they were present for the net war event as well?

My mind also drifts to Terra, who was the first to encounter and document contact with one of the new wave cybeasts (I'm sure we'll finish and release them ONE day ^.^)

Other navis have left an indelible mark on the social psyche of the site at a player level - MeleeMan is more of a MeleeMeme at this point, but it's hard to deny his iconic status, at least amongst players, if not in-universe.

I guess I'd float the idea of prominent site NPCs as well - faction leaders and/or face-navis?

For joke chips, I kinda want to suggest DarkSpiritZero, whose ridiculous incompetence and misplaced excessive drama have provided much amusement in many utterly unintimidating boss fights over the years.

I don't really know too much about canon navis - I'd normally be drawn to want to suggest some more legacy stuff for Roll, but we *Do* already have chips for her, so that probably counts her out anyway.
I second MeleeMan and DarkSpiritZero as iconic.
It's often touted, so I'm going to add SplashLady to my suggestions as well, as currently our only 'victorious battler in undernet' player navi.
I nominate the OG triad marriage of MeleeMan, Seraphim, and RASS, because the glory MeleeBros shall forever be carved into the heartwood of this board.

The specifics of each chip are mostly up to the sysdev bois, but I'd imagine MeleeMan chip could be a good old fashioned SOUL FIST: UPPERCUT, maybe a punch plus Strengthen aura. Seraphim could be an equippable shirtOBJECT that provides Nova heals/buffs. RASS could be a three-parter combo chip to fit his three subpersonalities: a buff/debuff, ranged attack, melee attack or some such.

Just food for thought.
My nominations:
MeleeMan - obvious reasons
RedRidingHood - winner of the Net Tournament

Other possible contenders:
TennisMan - first to get a BeastOut
SplashMan - first successful UnderNet exploration
Broadside - because mecha

@sage said in [Special Chip Nominations](/post/142922):
> I nominate the OG triad marriage of MeleeMan, Seraphim, and RASS, because the glory MeleeBros shall forever be carved into the heartwood of this board.
>
> The specifics of each chip are mostly up to the sysdev bois, but I'd imagine MeleeMan chip could be a good old fashioned SOUL FIST: UPPERCUT, maybe a punch plus Strengthen aura. Seraphim could be an equippable shirtOBJECT that provides Nova heals/buffs. RASS could be a three-parter combo chip to fit his three subpersonalities: a buff/debuff, ranged attack, melee attack or some such.
>
> Just food for thought.

Or maybe a chip that summons all three like FF7's Knights of the Round, where they each show up to do their signature move.
Re: Azure, from an RP standpoint, I'd be more inclined to have the chip just include their attacks, rather than summon the Navis themselves a la the canon Navi chips. Assuming the chips were to be distributed through the board, a bunch of people RPing other people's characters sounds like a bit of a mess. Better to just get a weapon, or do a punch, something any Navi could do by themselves.

I'm also seconding Lurch's Broadside rec. Indeed, mecha.
Yeah, there's no actual summoning in these chips, they just let you use their moves. I edited the first post to clarify.
I'm gonna nominate one of each to try to push this towards a balanced outcome. I'm mostly nominating based on the depth of plots I know them from.

Normal: DragonierMan or MachMan

Aqua: Eternalis or SplashMan

Wood: DruidMan or Terra

Elec: Lyntael or Broadside

Fire: Djinni or Voulge