Circuit Sisters

After she trailed off to silence, Lyntael spent a few extra moments self-consciously straightening her clothes and brushing as much snow and damp off them as she could, looking down and idly scuffing in the snow as she did. Keenly, she was aware that she'd spent a lot of time talking quite rapidly, once she'd recovered, and between that and her earlier melt down, she'd more or less been dominating the entire interaction. Trailing behind Eternalis, alongside Aurora, she walked with them over to the crystal and watched him unpack it for the rest of them. Her brows drew down, briefly curious, as he applied something to the structure first, but she brushed it away.

Beside her, Aurora's quite thoughtfulness broke into audible mumbles which made the other girl turn her head to listen. Whatever she was talking about, it sounded very complicated. She opened her mouth to ask, but before the question formed, the turn of language clicked and she realised that she was thinking about her. She winced slightly, rubbing at her neck.

"I, um... I get what you're saying, or I guess, I would, if we were talking about a machine system..." surprisingly, the more complicated language didn't actually seem to be difficult for Lyntael to digest, once she understood what Aurora was talking about. She shuddered softly but held her tongue while Aurora explained more simply to Eternalis. "But, I'm not... I mean, you can't just... Implant stuff, or um, take me apart, or anything like that. That's horrible!" For a moment, her mind flashed to the idea of being laid out on some kind of operating table, and she pulled away unconsciously. The thought transitioned all to instantly, however, to the memory of the cold metal bench in SciLab, and everything that that brought with it, and she forced the memory away again hard, catching a breath as she tried to not to look shaken. She diverted.

"A-anyway, it's not, um, life-threatening, I don't think. There's a thing that happens, if it goes too far. A few times, when the cycle got so bad that it felt like it was destroying me, it all locked out suddenly, really sharply. Once I passed out. A couple of other times, I just collapsed for a while. After a while it all comes back, but calm and in control again." She pressed her hands together as she attempted to reassure, looking mostly to Aurora but also to her larger, squishier friend as well. She mostly wanted to curtail any thoughts of trying to take her apart or implant things in her.

"And besides. I'm getting better, slowly. It takes a lot more to push me that far now, than it used to. I'm getting better at handling it. A little. I've only actually been alive a few months, you know?" She hunched her shoulders at the admission, but her thoughts drifted back to the earliest memories she had, back in Eric's home, and she relaxed again.

"It sort of... feel like it's longer, in some way. It's hard to describe. I mean... I'm a grown woman," which, with her small frame and adorable winter outfit, slim hips and lack of notable womanly endowment, would be a hard sell to convince most people of; most would probably pick her physical age between fourteen to sixteen at best. She pushed on regardless. "I know... I know that I've only been around for a few months, technically, but I sort of have this feeling like I have spent the past sixteen years growing up... I just don't really recall any of the details of any of it, you know?" She shook her head, walking on and listening to her boots crunch in the snow. "But what I mean is, I think I just need to practice ore, and get... better." She really needed to stop talking about herself, that's what she needed to do... Moving on from the unheaved battle field, Lyntael looked around the snowy landscape and rubbed her mittens together while she walked.

"Ah, but, I've taken all this time already... I'd really like to know more about both of you as well! Aurora, you're... like me, right? But, when you channel the energy, is it the same? How do you deal with it? And, um," She paused, then shook her head. "No, we don't need to talk about that. I want to know about you, not, all that stuff... and you too, Eternalis. You both seem so comfortable in conflicts like that... I know you're both navigators, like me, but, I mean, what else do you both do, like, in your own time? Is it dangerous?" Another more prominent and perhaps less polite question butted its way forward before she could stop it, while she was looking at the slimy, vaguely amorphous form of Eternalis alongside her. "Oh, and what's it like... like when you did that thing before, and just, I guess, pulled blobs of stuff off yourself? how does that even work? It doesn't hurt, does it? sorry, it's just... it's so strange... I'm sorry, I know that's rude. Um, I've just never met anyone like that..." Despite her fairly weak attempt at recovery, Lyntael still blushed and nervously put her mittens up to her face to hide behind them until just her eyes peeked out.

"Ah, no, you misunderstood, I was just eliminating what we can't do. Like I said to Eternalis, you just have to get stronger in order to store more electrical charge without it affecting your body. Sorry if I scared you, I didn't realize I was thinking out loud," said Aurora, as she tried to calm down the frantic-looking Navi, feeling rather guilty about it after having just made the poor girl cry.

"Though, that is pretty interesting--so you already have a lock-out mechanism. Works pretty much as I expected, too, if it causes everything to shut down for a while to prevent you from overcharging yourself," she said. Aurora briefly wondered whether it had been in her from the start, or whether her body "learned" how to do it from repeated shockings. The thought made her a little uneasy, so she quickly disposed of it.

"But yeah, if you just get your operator to somehow install some upgrades to your PET, you'd be able to use those to get stronger. You already seem to have some installed, so I guess he's done that before. So if we help you bust some viruses, you'll be able to get stronger even faster! You've got your life ahead of you, anyway, Eternalis here's a few months too! I'm older than both of you, so don't worry, big sister's here for you!" laughed Aurora, reaching her arm around Lyntael's shoulder to draw the Navi closer to herself, and giving her a firm shake or two.

Then, the subject of Aurora's electrical powers came up, and she perked up. "Hm? Oh, yeah, I guess I'm the same as you are. That's why I understand your problem a little, I suppose. How I release it is basically just spreading energy from my core into distributed circuits around myself. You can see the lines on my suit light up sometimes if I let them, that's the charge flowing," she said, flexing her upper arm out to show a dimly glowing yellow line running down its length into her glove, with the yellow light blending almost seamlessly into the cream white of the suit.

"There's a couple of differences between your situation and mine. The first is that while mine is a distributed network of little circuits, with a few main ones that radiate from my core, yours is just a single circuit that runs all the way through your entire body, so anything bad that happens to any part of your circuit, any part of your body, just causes the entire thing to fail. The second is that your circuit is a hot wire, basically, and you're sending and receiving electrical feedback between your body and the circuit 24/7. Normally, what would happen is that anything close to where the circuit is currently firing hard would temporarily block the electricity in one direction, so it can only flow out instead of going back into the body and frying your bones."

The long-winded explanation ended with Aurora turning back to Eternalis with a giant smile on her face, which sort of took him by surprise. "Sorry, was that too long-winded? I kind of got carried away there," she laughed.

Eternalis put up his hands and waved them in denial. "No, no, it was pretty interesting. You've never explained this stuff to me, so this is pretty insightful."

Aurora's eyebrows raised, before the smile on her face dropped, becoming slightly somber. "Ah, hm... I guess you're right. Sorry you weren't the first to know."

"...? Why does it--" started Eternalis, before he stopped himself, and his expression formed into a wide grin. "Did you think I was jealous?"

"Wa--what? No!" exclaimed Aurora, as she quickly became flushed, and she tried to divert her eyes elsewhere. Then, she realized something that would give her an out from the awkward moment. "Oh, right, um, she asked you, too, so don't leave her hanging," she said, giving Lyntael's body a firm squeeze, before she drew away to give her some space again.

Eternalis couldn't help but stifle a chuckle himself, as he shook his head in amusement. "Well, what do we do in our spare time... I know Aurora likes to use the BBS a lot to chat with her old friends. We traveled a little recently... Oh, reading is a thing, too, I like to get into a good book once in a while. Don't ask me what Aurora reads though, she won't tell me-- Ow!" he said, laughing as Aurora came at him with a lightning-charged punch to his flank.

"All right, all right, heh. As for my power, no, it doesn't exactly hurt. Hard to explain, though, I guess the easiest way to would be to think of separated pieces as little autonomous split-offs. I give them a single command, and they do it. The ones I gave to you two, I told to absorb into your body and provide healing. I can even fire them off and use them as weapons with battlechip data. They decay pretty fast away from me, though, so I'll have to give you another batch once we find more viruses," he explained amiably.

"Anyway, that's enough about us. What do you do in your free time? I think you told us that you made clothes. What other outfits do you have?"

[ExF > 10. Battle 2 - Ready.]
[Eternalis.EXE: 600 HP - Overhealer/Panacea.]
[Aurora.EXE: 100 HP - Tag Along/One for All. Planeswalking/Second Chance.]
[Sparky.SP: 60 HP - High Gear/Overclock. Flight/Second Chance.]
As they meandered forward, Lyntael jumped delicately up onto a raised section of the rough path they'd begun following. It was covered in snow thick enough to form a mound, but there was solid stone just a little way under the surface, in the middle, and it followed and curved with the pathway, as though it might have once been some kind of border fence. Each step she took left the other foot drifting casually free for the moments that it took to move forward, and her hands drifted out to the sides; not so much for balance, which she didn't seem to need, and more for play. It wasn't doing her previous statement of being fully grown any additional favours, but she seemed a bit brighter at least, now that she was relaxing again.

"I guess it's like that... I don't really understand it fully, because, you know... when it happens I'm so overcharged my brain is in the process of shutting down, and then it just snaps off, and the cut out leaves me dazed and all hollow and empty. Sometimes I pass out completely, so I don't really get much chance to really analyse it with a calm mind, you know?" The wistful tone in her voice now was the sound of someone who had deliberately set the problem aside as academic and detached herself from it now... she sounded more disappointed in the lack of understanding that the difficulty of the event itself. "Doesn't really keep me that safe, either, to be honest, since I collapse in the middle of whatever situation got me to that point..." Aurora and Eternalis might both notice the visible shudder that followed, accompanied by a much more real few seconds of catching her balance, before she shrugged and hopped down again, moving back to walk beside Aurora. Again, they'd get the impression that there was a particular bundle of thoughts and memory that the girl skittered away from any time their conversation inadvertently bumped into it, which seemed to happen too easily while they discussed her personally, and Lyntael seemed glad of a proper diversion when it came.

Like before, she flinched away when the other woman extended an arm for a sisterly shoulder hug, and like before, she wasn't fast enough to prevent it. She was mostly calm now, and even though the small amount of lingering uneasiness was enough that her skin wasn't entirely contact safe, the thick warm clothing she was wearing was just enough to diffuse what static there might have been, so Aurora felt nothing beyond a very mild buzz from putting her arm about the girl; not even a crack or anything that came close to stinging.

While the other woman spoke about the differences in their body, Lyntael listened intently; after getting over the initial flinch from Aurora's touch, she had realsied that it was ok, and leaned into it instead, resting her head against the other woman for as long as Aurora maintained the gesture, and a second or two longer, before straightening herself. Now, though, her eyes were focused and her expression much more thoughtful.

"I know that the charge builds evenly..." She confirmed first, biting her lip. "And when it moves, it moves all at once, everywhere, all over my body. So... do you mean that, um... if say, like... ah..." briefly she struggled for an example. "Um, if I broke my ankle or something like that, and things couldn't flow... do you mean that I just wouldn't be able to expend at all... or do you think it would be... um... would go badly?" She winced here, imagined images filtering through her head of catastrophic backlash at a far more physical level, compared to what she usually felt, and she pushed the thoughts away in lieu of Aurora's answer.

By the time her new friend was exchanging her slightly flustered remarks with Eternalis, Lyntael had moved on, suppressing a giggle of her own as she watched the two. She'd known they were operated together, but now, watching the pair interact, she was beginning to suspect something more as well, and the thought made her grin. she wanted to wave them on and let the flustered exchange play out further, but let it go as Eternalis piped up after the long stretch of not-quite girl-talk. Lyntael's brows knit slightly and she tilted her head out and sidewards to look at his, past Aurora.

"So, you just break stuff off, and then you can't feel it any more..? But, it doesn't, ah..." she made a slightly awkward gesture with one mittened glove, "Um, reduce you, in any way? How does that... how does that work? I mean... what if you eat one... if it, like, if the matter replaces itself somehow, when you split something off... but you eat it as well, do you get bigger? Is that rude...? Sorry!" She blushed slightly. "What if someone else eats bits... are you, um, aware of that sort of thing?" Innocently unaware of the sorts of thoughts that a question like that could lead to, Lyntael seemed purely curious about the odd way of things. It was a subtle detail that the oddities of net physics and their fluidity didn't seem to be a natural assumption for her yet, and her mind seemed to want to understand how things made sense, and grew confused when they didn't. Regardless, she brightened when Eternalis asked about her other outfits.

"Oh! I do! Well, I make designs, at least. There isn't a lot to do, when Rogan isn't needing me for something, and he doesn't use me for much unless it's work, but I have a terminal back in the PET that I can access media from, and things like that, and I can use it to make designs for things, too. Up until really recently, I didn't have the permissions to convert the designs onto actual graphical overrides, but I'd still make a bunch. Now I do, though, so I'm going to get the chance to try some of them out soon, although, um..." She swallowed, ducking her head as her eyes flicked between the other two. Her cheeks were already pink from the cold weather, but they grew a notable shade darker.

"I... I um, like to make, er... Ah that is, I like making cute outfits, like this, of course, and you know, practical things that look stylish, but, some of the things I make are a bit... a bit, ah, racy...? I, um, I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable actually wearing some of them, erm, myself..." By the end she was partially mumbling down into the snow. There was a short pause before, in a quiet voice. "Although... it kinda felt really naughty and exciting, wearing that swim suit where other people could see it..." The blush was bright enough that there would be no passing it off as snow chill now. she tried to move on, looking straight ahead for a few moments and watching her breath cloud.

"I really should convert one of my formal wear designs to an override... I've made a few nice dresses for myself, but... I don't really think I'll ever get a chance to wear them, not in a suitable setting, really. Oh!" Here she glanced across to aurora with a slightly cheeky and embarrassed curl to her lips. "And one thing I learned about converting outfit designs to overrides, is that you should always be sure to add in suitable matching underwear for the outfit you're converting into the design before you finalise it. Because otherwise you just end up without any."

She continued to chat more amiably about hobbies as they walked, no longer really paying too much attention or lookout for danger; mostly her gaze flicked between side-long looks to Aurora an Eternalis, so she could look at them while she spoke, and occasional glances at the path.

"I don't have any real books of my own... I'd really love some, you know! I read online, but I'd really love to have a few actual, physical books to hold and read properly. I don't really know where to get things like that, though, and Rogan would never let me waste time on something like that... Do you both get a lot of time to yourselves? I never really feel like I can, because Rogan might need me." This came with a slight pout; she'd already admitted that he pretty much never actually used her for anything beyond work, so it painted the picture of long hours waiting by herself. It was probably no wonder she was as desperately chatty as she was, now that she was calmer.

((Ready to be interrupted by battle 2, however RP can continue until then if you want to post back ^.^))

In response to Lyntael's expansion on her charge cut-off "ability", along with her worries about her charge being unable to be expended with her injuries, Aurora only opted to nod, not wanting to feed more into the girl's anxieties. Watching the girl balance herself on a small ridge that she had found, a small sadness came over both Eternalis and Aurora--the bubbly, innocent girl underneath all of the trauma was certainly something worth protecting. Thankfully, she moved on to Eternalis's quirks, which the slime monster addressed shortly after her comments.

He crossed his arms while looking off into the distance, sifting through his thoughts as he talked. "I don't really control split-offs unless I really concentrate. As for my total mass... there really can only be a specific amount of my body at any time; regenerating or consuming it doesn't add anymore mass to me, it just restores the lost parts. If I restore my own body while I still have some split-offs, they disintegrate. As for having someone else eat them..." he said, trailing off at the end, before turning to his side. "Aurora, do you remember?" he asked, in a tone that could be described as innocent, though his teasing intent couldn't be hidden completely.

Aurora's response was an incredulous stare, coupled with a twitchy eye and half-grin as she raised her hand in front of her. Electrical arcs crackled loudly around her before Eternalis put his hands up in surrender. "Joking, joking! I was joking!" he stated, after which Aurora turned down her offensive, rolling her eyes. Her eyes were cast down, but her pale cheeks were tinged red, even more than she had been before.

A little while passed, and they ended up listening to Lyntael explaining her clothes-making hobbies. However, before they could get in a comment of their own, her information went into parts that seemed more appropriate for a girl-on-girl talk. Eternalis ended up turning away his face in discomfort, while Aurora tried to catch Lyntael's attention without calling out to her. However, the girl couldn't see Aurora's franticness while her eyes were cast down into the snowy ground. Eventually, Aurora simply hung her hands down, right before Lyntael turned back to her with the end of her... "confession", as it were. All the Navi would be able to see now would be the blue monster looking up into the sky, and his partner giving her a half-hearted smile in response.

"I-I can, uh, see how that can be a problem, haha," said Aurora, unsure of how to handle the situation at the moment.

Thankfully, the subject then shifted again, into the books that they read. "Couldn't you print out the books into material with the same process you use to make the overrides? It's perfectly suited for that kind of thing, even though it might not seem like it at a glance. All you'd need is the base material data. I've never really done it before, but I know some of my friends do appropriate it for that," said Aurora, thinking back to how her friend, Tail, made her outfits--she made much more than just clothing, but that was just what the fairy-type did best.

"That said, we do get downtime to ourselves, but it never really feels like time passes that slowly. Having company makes slow times go by easily," said Eternalis. "From the sounds of it, you need someone to talk to, at least. Could you get a Support Program core at some point? That's the core of Aurora's program here... If you had one, you could use it to design a basic companion."

"Mm. I've seen you pick up Bug Fragments, but it doesn't look like you've got anyone to use them on--Ah, to be clear, they're those purple glowing pebbles you see scattered with zenny," said Aurora, drawing out one tiny fragment to show to Lyntael. "Navis don't get any use out of these, but they're used to power up Support Programs like me and Sparky over there. They're automatically gathered with zenny even if you don't pick them up, so you might even have enough for a new friend already!" Sparky, having heard his name mentioned, also barked, making it sound like the pup affirmed her statement.

[Still ready for battle 2.]
The slightly suggestive play commentary that passed between Aurora and Eternalis was not, perhaps to each of their surprise, lost on Lyntael. Already gleefully wondering in her own mind if the two were romantically involved, the comment about Aurora having eaten some of her companion's... even thinking it in her head was enough to make her blush and giggle, and it really led her imagination to one place that wasn't exactly decent to suggest aloud. Aurora's own cautioning reaction only reinforced the idea in Lyntael's mind, even as she mentally scolded herself for thinking inappropriate things bout the two.

What she did focus on, instead, was the apparent ease with which Aurora could summon and disperse her own electrical energies, and how much control she had. The discussion about the different ways their bodies worked made her despair slightly of ever achieving that level of mastery of herself, but even so, it was something to admire, and possibly to strive for. She didn't speak up about it, though, and just watched the warning gestures with a hint of admiration and some envy.

If she noticed that her companions were a little awkward when she admitted to some of her more risqué designs, Lyntael didn't give any sign of it once the conversation had moved on. She'd been looking down, but had caught the edge of the look that Aurora had been sending, and for a few moments her blush had deepened, but she recovered quickly. After all, she was a grown woman, and it was only clothing designs anyway. It wasn't like she was... Lyntael blinked a few times and took a breath, exhaling another long plume of white onto the air. Moving on...

The question about books made her steps slow for a moment, as she thought, then quicken once more to catch up. The ridge they were on gave a good view of much of the surrounding snowy landscape, and for an unusual stretch it had been quiet, with only the chill breeze and the deep crunches of their steps in the snow. Lyntael wasn't complaining, of course, but it made her wonder...

"I don't think... Hmm..." unconsciously a hand rose to the middle of her chest, and though the mitten obscured the motion in detail, she looked to be rubbing the place where her emblem sat, without thinking about it. "I mean, it's a bit complicated, I guess, but maybe..." She looked to aurora and Eternalis again, then to sparky with a grin while she continued.

"See, when I first came to live with Rogan, the device was set up in restricted mode. Just default settings. And it meant that I couldn't really do anything at all from inside. Didn't have the permissions. I couldn't do anything at all, tot he PET, or with it, without commands from his side. I couldn't even access what I needed to to transfer my conceptual designs onto actual overrides. I couldn't decorate, either, or, well, anything really... but a few weeks ago I got him to flip everything over to me, or, well, some of it... So... Maybe I can..." She shrugged and ducked her head, smirking at herself and muffling a slightly self deprecating giggle.

"I guess I just thought, you know, that there would be stores and things, for getting stuff like that, and I just didn't know where, or have the free time to go looking. It, um, it's never occurred to me that I might be able to... I guess, use the internal terminal to decorate the place and make other things? Oh light..." She giggled more, putting both hands to her face. "I feel a bit silly now. I have to look into that. First thing I should do is make myself a proper bed and a bedroom, if I can really do that kind of thing!" She bounced on her toes gently, obviously excited by the prospect of not continuing to sleep in her current inhospitable home conditions... the location that Eternalis and Aurora had glimpsed from the video they'd seen during the charity event had certainly not looked like anything resembling a home or a living space.

A few tiny snaps of sparks passed between free strands of her hair, poking out from beneath her cap. They were only mild now, and seemed to come from the suddenly budding excitement, and Lyntael herself didn't appear to notice the effect. When the conversation passed on to the question of company, she calmed down and seemed to settle back a bit more. The discussion of bug Frags only really seemed to confuse her, though.

"Fragments...? Those little flecks? I, ah, I noticed those seemed to be coming in with the other stuff a little while ago, but I didn't want to touch them. The PET has been keeping them in a quarantine, but I didn't know why it wasn't just cleaning them, or destroying them, or something like that. They make me uncomfortable. What is a support program?" Her eyes moved, uncertain, between Aurora and Eternalis.

"When you say it's your..." Her brows furrowed. "You're a navigator, like me, aren't you, Aurora? I could never make... anything even close to... I- I wouldn't even know where to begin, or how, or, anything..." The idea of somehow creating a whole other person from data and code was a concept utterly overwhelming to Lyntael's mind, even as she tried to think about it. There were just way, way too many considerations for any of it. She knew, in her academic mind at least, that she, and Eternalis and Aurora, and every other navi she'd ever met, were all just exactly that... but while the purely factual thought was one thing, the idea of it simply boggled her mind. Besides which... Her eyes cast aside briefly and she rolled her shoulders before looking away, out over the snow field.

"It would be nice, I think, to have someone near me, more often... But I've already got a job to do, and if I just spent all my time with someone else, I couldn't do it. I need to be there for Rogan, because he doesn't have anyone to... to..." She reached for a satisfying way to say it, but didn't find one. "To keep him human, you know?" She shook her head and glanced back at her companions, uncertain if she was making sense. "The work he does doesn't really let him have friends, or trust anyone. I can be that, for him, and I need to, somehow." Despite her words, there was no mistaken the strain in her voice, and the sense that she very much would like a proper companion, such as Rogan never was to her, but for whatever reason she was putting Rogan himself ahead of that need. "Besides," she murmured, half glancing down at the ground. "Rogan wouldn't let me have anything like that anyway. He'd probably say it was another piece of potential evidence that he wasn't prepared to have to worry about, and I'm already enough of a problem on my own, let alone another thing he can't get to do as he needs..." It took an extra moment of silence, but she seemed to throw the thought off quickly and brighten up again, albeit in a gently forced manner. "I'm alright though." She walked on, occasionally skipping over an uneven patch in the ground, or hopping up on raised parts to look around, but otherwise happy to wander along with her friends while they looked for new threats — without looking too hard.

((Still Ready ^.^))
The gradual shift in mood from Aurora's suggestion on using the material printer seemed to lift the spirits of all of the net-travelers. "Hahaha, tell us how your interior design goes when you get to it. Break a leg," commented Eternalis, pleased that their friend was looking a lot more peppy than she had been just a few minutes prior. With how animated Lyntael was looking, Sparky was getting slightly difficult to handle in his arms as well, as the pup wanted to run around as well. However, seeing how Lyntael's errant discharges had been before, he opted to keep the little one restrained for the moment, not wanting him to be caught in her static field unawares.

"Ah... A Support Program is basically a helper companion that's attached to a main Navi. They can't stray far from the Navi, as their execution usually depends on the Navi," explained Aurora. Scratching her cheek, she looked away briefly as she awkwardly smiled. "I'm... a bit of a special case. I'm a former Navigator in a Support Program shell, basically. Me being able to operate and execute is linked to Eternalis's ability to sustain me."

"Yeah, Aurora helps me with virus busting and she's a huge help. But it doesn't have to be sentient, I've heard of Support Programs that are basically just adaptive equipment. You've already got experience making clothes, so making a set that'll help you fight better should be a cinch," continued Eternalis off of Aurora's explanation. "Harke coded Sparky here himself, though his... personality was just something from a seed that he got from the Program core itself. It already has an AI in it, if you choose to use it."

The two were getting more convinced that Lyntael wouldn't have the self-confidence to ask for it herself, however, as the looks they exchanged between themselves said all that needed to be said. A small window appeared in Aurora's periphery as she mentally projected text onto it, to be sent to her operator as a quiet request, so that Lyntael wouldn't be able to find out about it.

Meanwhile, Eternalis played the role of distraction, as he continued the conversation further. "By the way, Lyntael, have you met any Navis before us? If so, what were they like?" he asked.

[Battle 2 - Ready.]
Eternalis/Lyntael: +10 FXP.

As they entered a vast tract of snow, a single WindBox popped out of the snow in front of them. It sat on a tiny outcropping on the other side of the vast tracts of snow, far away from them. It kicked into overdrive and blew heavy winds across the vast tract of snow. The blown snow revealed many holes in the terrain, and the viruses popped out of the snow... like daisies! Some of the holes filled up quickly with blown snow as the viruses came out of them, but some stayed, missing a bottom to fill.

It was an ambush!

-- Viruses --
Group 3 (Farthest)
WindBoxWindBox (Wind & Fan)

All viruses in this family are immobile during combat, with the exception of being able to turn to face any direction it wishes. Later versions of this virus may switch between Wind and Fan effects, which requires one action, during which time all wind or fan effects cease. Bonuses and penalties do not stack if multiples of the same virus family exist on the field. Wind and Fan do not push or pull Objects, only creatures.

Area: SciLab, Yoka, Beach, Sharo, Netfrica, Hades Isle

HP: 100
Attack Damage/Effect: Wind Effect, Northwind
Attack Accuracy: S
Attack Description: Causes a large scale gale of wind to blow across the entire field in the direction the virus is facing. This gale will constantly move all targets this virus considers to be enemies in the direction the wind is blowing, which makes it difficult to land many kinds of attacks on it and allied viruses, such as thrown attacks and close ranged attacks. All those affected by the wind will also have their barriers and auras blown off by a constant Northwind effect.
Element: None
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Wind, Zenny
Special: Causes short ranged attacks, such as (but not limited to) swords, melee attacks, and flame thrower style weapons, to suffer from a 30% accuracy penalty against targets they are being pushed away from. Both sides of the engagement suffer a 30% accuracy penalty with direct attacks perpendicular to the direction of the wind, and all thrown attacks.
Special: Those allied with this virus may opt to take advantage of the wind to increase movement speed or evasion by going with the wind. They do not suffer any penalties, however. Conversely, anyone may move along with the wind to increase accuracy by 10% for close ranged attacks, assuming the target is in that direction.
Special: Northwind effect to all enemies once per virus action while maintaining wind effect.
: 100 HP [Snow] [North] [More than 1 Movement away] [Immobile] [Wind: North to South]
Megalian-AMegalian-A (Megalian-A)

All Megalian-A viruses are equipped with Omnishoes, and fight from the air. This virus type will spend an Action Dodging, and then Attack the following Action. If there are more than one Megalian (family does not matter) the viruses will work together, alternating their attack Actions or attacking as a group (mod's discretion). When attacking, both the head and the base can be damaged separately (if the Aura protecting the base has been destroyed).

Area: Beach, Sharo

HP: 130
Attack Damage/Effect: 40 Aqua + Break + Piercing + Group attack.
Attack Accuracy: B (special)
Attack Description: Lines up with a target and launches its head at the enemy. Accuracy decreases with each hit.
Element: Aqua
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): AuraHead1, Barrier, Zenny
Special: Omnishoes: capable of free flight.
- Dodges every other Action. Attacks when not dodging.
- Has a 10HP Aqua Aura (Pierced and destroyed by Elec attacks).
- Can be attacked while head is extended.
A: 130 HP [Snow] [North] [More than 1 Movement away] [OmniShoes] [10 HP Aqua Aura]
NightmareNightmare (Nightmare)

Nightmare viruses only appear in battle when Missing Terrain is present, and only one Nightmare may appear per panel of Missing Terrain. Nightmares do not dodge, and they only move by teleporting before and after attacking an enemy. Nightmares have permanent Shadow, unless they are attacking. Teleporting before and after their attacks does not require an action. They will always end a turn while floating over Missing or Hole Terrain. If the Hole terrain is altered in any way, they will instantly teleport to unoccupied Missing Terrain. Nightmares cannot share ownership of a Missing Panel with other viruses that require Missing Terrain to be on the field. If for any reason there is not enough Missing Terrain to accommodate a Nightmare at the end of a turn, the Nightmare will Escape from the battle immediately.

Area: Sharo, Hades Isle, NAXA, NetVegas

Attack Damage/Effect: 20 Null + Wide Attack + Slashing
Attack Accuracy: B
Attack Description: Attacks at close range with black sword.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): SummonBlack1, Zenny
Special: Permanent Shadow status, except when attacking. Not even being hit by Slashing or Beam attacks causes this virus to lose this effect.
Special: Moves by Teleporting. This is not treated as a formal Teleport, and does not confer any bonuses.
A: 100 HP [Missing] [North] [More than 1 Movement away] [Shadow]

Group 2 (Between)

All Megalian-A viruses are equipped with Omnishoes, and fight from the air. This virus type will spend an Action Dodging, and then Attack the following Action. If there are more than one Megalian (family does not matter) the viruses will work together, alternating their attack Actions or attacking as a group (mod's discretion). When attacking, both the head and the base can be damaged separately (if the Aura protecting the base has been destroyed).

Attack Description: Lines up with a target and launches its head at the enemy. Accuracy decreases with each hit.
B: 130 HP [Snow] [North] [OmniShoes] [10 HP Aqua Aura]

Nightmare viruses only appear in battle when Missing Terrain is present, and only one Nightmare may appear per panel of Missing Terrain. Nightmares do not dodge, and they only move by teleporting before and after attacking an enemy. Nightmares have permanent Shadow, unless they are attacking. Teleporting before and after their attacks does not require an action. They will always end a turn while floating over Missing or Hole Terrain. If the Hole terrain is altered in any way, they will instantly teleport to unoccupied Missing Terrain. Nightmares cannot share ownership of a Missing Panel with other viruses that require Missing Terrain to be on the field. If for any reason there is not enough Missing Terrain to accommodate a Nightmare at the end of a turn, the Nightmare will Escape from the battle immediately.

Special: Permanent Shadow status, except when attacking. Not even being hit by Slashing or Beam attacks causes this virus to lose this effect.
Special: Moves by Teleporting. This is not treated as a formal Teleport, and does not confer any bonuses.
B: 100 HP [Missing] [North] [Shadow]
Swordy-ASwordy-A (Swordy-A)

Area: Yoka, Sharo

HP: 80
Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 15 Aqua + Long Range Attack + Slashing
Primary Attack Accuracy: B
Primary Attack Description: When this virus is 2 panels away from the target, or its enemies are 2-deep, it will attack with Aqua Blade.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 10 Aqua + Wide Range Attack + Slashing
Secondary Attack Accuracy: B
Secondary Attack Description: When this virus is standing directly adjacent to its target, or diagonally from it, it will attack with Aqua Sword.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): AquaKnife, Zenny
Special: Swordy-A's are immune to Freeze Status.
Special: Uses Area Grab to get into attack range.
: 80 HP [Snow] [North] [Immune: Freeze]
RaingearRaingear (Raingear)

This virus family is positively deadly when fighting on Ice Terrain, to the point where the players are at a severe disadvantage. Unless you just have it in for the player, try not to combine the two very often. I'm serious about this. -Pally

Area: Yoka, Beach, Sharo

Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 15 Aqua + Wide Attack + Ground Attack
Primary Attack Description: Blasts enemy with a geyser that bursts suddenly from the ground.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 20 Aqua + Group Attack + Ground Attack
Secondary Attack Accuracy: D
Secondary Attack Description: Blasts the enemy with a marching line of geysers.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): WaterLine1, AquaTower1, Zenny
Special: This virus' attacks will freeze the target solid on ice terrain.
: 80 HP [Snow] [North]

Group 1 (Closest)
BombBoyBombBoy (BombLab)

BombLab viruses attack by summoning a huge cube-shaped explosive, called a BoyBomb. They push this bomb towards their enemies, using it as cover against incoming fire as they do so. It takes a BombLab virus an action to summon a BoyBomb, and another 2 to push it into attack range of the enemy. Once the explosive is in range, it will explode the very next turn. BoyBombs have StoneBody, and can be moved with special abilities, such as Knockback, Microburst, Pull, Gravity, and Telekinesis. BoyBombs will explode if physically picked up, however (EX: Rageclaw or similar means). Bomb Lab viruses jump, not teleport, back to their starting position after setting the BoyBomb.

Area: Netopia, Sharo, NAXA

Attack Damage/Effect: 30 Null + Blast 3
Attack Description: Summons a 5 HP BoyBomb, and begins pushing it towards the enemy. Bomb deals massive damage once in range.
Possible Rewards (Per virus): BoyBomb1, Zenny
Special: This virus is immune to the effects of BoyBombs, including damage.
: 80 HP [Snow] [North]
BluegonBluegon (Bluegon)

Bluegons do not appear before Battle 6. They are extremely territorial among their own kind, so only one HoleDragon can appear per battle. Because they live among holes, they cannot appear without at least 5% Missing terrain.

Area: Sharo

HP: 200
Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 40 Aqua + Wide Attack
Primary Attack Accuracy: A
Primary Attack Description: Exhales a wide stream of ice breath.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 50 Aqua + Knockback + Ground Attack
Secondary Attack Accuracy: C
Secondary Attack Description: Creates a wave of ice water that crashes into an enemy.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): AquaLine (Rare), IceDragon1 (Rare), Zenny
Special: As this virus is always in a hole, it is immune to all Ground attacks.
Special: While this virus will never leave holes, it may still swerve to avoid attacks.
Special: This virus can use an action to duck inside its hole. This counts as a dodge. It may reemerge from that same hole, or a different hole on the battlefield, as a free action afterward.
: 200 HP [Missing] [North]

-- Navis --
Eternalis.EXE: 600 HP (Overhealer/Panacea) [Snow] [South]
Aurora.EXE: 100 HP (Tag Along/One for All) [Snow] [South] [FloatShoes]
Sparky.SP: 60 HP (High Gear/Overclock) [Snow] [South] [OmniShoes]
Lyntael.EXE: 150 HP (Gust/Turbulence) [Snow] [South]

-- Terrain --
40% Missing [Eight 5% panels scattered randomly]
60% Snow [Everything else]

-- Battle 2 Ready? Start!! --
For the most part, Aurora's explanation of support programs and her own unique situation didn't really make as much sense for Lyntael as it might have. She didn't exactly understand how one could be attached or dependant in the way Aurora was describing, and couldn't really reconcile in her mind the idea that Aurora might not be able to move too far from Eternalis. She looked between them, thinking.

"And... Sparky is... the same?" She bit her lip. "I don't really understand, sorry. What happens if you all go your own ways? I mean... you'll be fine, won't you? It isn't like anything really bad would happen, right?" She winced slightly, unsure. "What about when you need time to yourselves?" She rubbed at her arms and shoulders with a short quick motion, mittens brushing firmly against the sections that were only covered by her arm shrug, then rolled her shoulders uncertainly. "I'm sorry... I just don't think I'm really grasping it properly... It's just, you're... you..." She made a small hand motion with both hands that encompassed Aurora. "And, um I don't... I don't see how any of what really matters can be, um... I guess... contingent, on someone else for existing... I mean... you and Sparky can't be the same type of program as, um, I don't know, a cold-proof vest... that just doesn't make any sense! Ah... I'm-I'm sorry if that's rude." She caught herself after the exclamation with a slight drawing in and a duck of her head.

In amongst this, she didn't notice Aurora making her quick side message, as Eternalis distracted her with a new branch of conversation, but as it turned out they already had a distraction well and truly happening upon them. They had just begun to cross the broad snowfield that they'd moved down towards when he asked, and she was brightening again to answer when the tell-tale rumble of new foes made her breath catch instead. The mechanical WindBox, far off, was only the first to show up, and what started as a small catch became a progressive shudder and ended in a short, flinching gasp when the Bluegon arose from the snow with a frightful sound, just in front of them.

Even as the small girl cringed away, arms coming up over her form for a moment, the familiar pulse of static that formed her barrier expanded out from her core and stabilised itself as it passed over each of her strikers, setting them humming in response. Her next though was to dart a couple of quick steps through the snow away form her friends.

"Ah... um.... maybe talk in a moment?" It came out as a worried squeak, just a little bit higher pitched than her normal voice. The steady breeze that was beginning to move against them whipped and curled around the edges of the field surrounding her and Lyntael gave the faint ripple a concerned look, without understanding. She could feel the force of the breeze though, and she'd encountered machines like that before. That was probably something she could handle, if she could get to it... and that really meant getting past... she fought down the urge to cower as the dragon loomed nearby and her eyes didn't want to move away from it. If she moved quickly, she could get past it, and maybe keep going until it couldn't reach her. She'd never seen them move from the deep gaps in the ground they always showed up in... Worry had her breathing too quickly already and she set herself, trying to rationalise her thoughts into calmer actions.

"Please don't get too close!" She called across, pleasing to the others. "I'll do my best to keep it under control, but... please don't come near..." Already the feeling of build was making her extremities warm, but she was trying to at least keep herself somewhat stable. Doing too much just hurt and made her look useless to her companions. Instead, she focused on the wind blowing past her and as she began to move forward, pushed back, guiding the passage of air around her to either side and sending it twisting back. The wind wasn't like the electricity; wind was hers, truly, and no little fan was going to say otherwise. Her steps had broken into a short sprint as she came close to the dragon's hole and with a brief crouch and focus to help the air currents guide her and keep the gale blowing around her, rather than against, she kicked off the edge and crossed over, aiming to pass by to one side of the creature's body and strike out as she went by. It was an action that she had quickly grown accustomed to, in tyring to find the swiftest way to deal with these large viruses, and the flow of energy that accompanied the twist in her kick flooded inwards from each striker, to her core, and then out again through the extended leg.

As it often did, the flare of release felt like a relief as it rushed forth, then receded to a dull ache as it left her drained, but Lyntael was focused on keeping her breathing steady and she let herself roll as she hit the snow on the far side, rising from one knee after taking a second to let the brief drained weakness in her muscles recover. Regardless of her efforts, the main goal was to get to the far end of the field, so Lyntael only paused for a moment before running onwards. Perhaps if she made for the far end, and dealt with the little wind box, it would keep her away from Aurora and Eternalis, for a little while, and it would let her see if anything else was going to try to do them harm. She hoped, once the dragon was gone, that the other things would just calm down... but the frightful gaze of the two shadowy, glaring entities made her doubt that possibility.

The charge was beginning to rebuild again after her first discharge, but it was manageable still. She pushed on, making her way past the some of the viruses in the middle of the snow field, and hoping they were just in the wrong place, and might move away. As she passed, though, her body shuddered, attempting to release a wave of sparks and balance her charge. Focused on the WindBox at the far end of the field, Lyntael gave a small cry of shock as it caught her off guard, and she didn't manage to restrain the ripple as it spread out. The pulse left her skin tingling and crackling, lines of sparks dancing up and down under her skin and sending lines of energy arcing between the metallic parts of her clothing. The feeling was familiar, and Lyntael winced, gritting her teeth to hold onto to. Was she too close still? She had to stay balanced!

Summary

L*) Subtype Ability: Gust (All Knock-back and Pull effects are amplified, and attacks containing them gain Wind-Type)
L1) My Heart Falters: 80Elec Barrier, Buster Charge, Off-Target1 (Overcharge -1)
L2) Dodge
L3) Charge
L*) Subtype Ability: Turbulence (Deflect one shot or throw type, to another foe at D rank)(Once the NorthWind effect has done its thing to her barrier)
L4) Full-Charge Buster Strike (100Elec, Disarm, A)(Overcharge +2) @ Bluegon
L5) Movement (To pass between Swordy and RainGear)
L*) Passive: A Manifest Spirit (10elec, Nova2, A)(Overcharge-1)
L6) My Pain is Real: Counter((On Set): Self-Slow1, (Receiving Damage): 35Elec, Knock-back, Nova3, Wind-Type, A)(Overcharge +1 on Set)

Cooldowns and Overcharge

My Pain is Real: 3TCD
My Heart Falters: 2TCD

Overcharge: Begin: 0, My Heart Falters -1, Full-Charge Strike +2, Manifest Spirit -1, My Pain is Real +1, End: +2
With the message relaying and Lyntael being confused about her earlier explanation, Aurora had her hands full, though with Eternalis distracting her with a new bit of conversation, at least she was able to pass on the message to Harke. All that was left was to take back the torch of conversation--or she would, if viruses hadn't interfered with things. First, there was the WindBox, and then more and more viruses continued to pop up, until there was a veritable platoon of them, all lined up in neat groups.

"Pretty strong..." muttered Eternalis, as he set down Sparky on the snow, where the pup hopped onto the snow, only to hover slightly above it. Sparky began hopping about excitedly above the snow, hovering about an inch off the ground as he circled around his masters. "... Ah, she's off." Meanwhile, Lyntael was already off to fight her own fight, trying to show that she could be useful once more. Eternalis turned his head towards Aurora, watching her reach out slightly towards the Navi, before stopping herself. "Not gonna go after her?"

"Mm, let's flank the rear," she said. A small data window appeared in the periphery of her vision, shared between herself and Eternalis. The window showed the image of a Zemon dashing forward, indicating the requested chip for the reduced operation. Shortly after, she felt a small weight on her boots, causing her to look down at them--Sparky had placed his paws on them, looking up at her and panting with a hopeful expression.

"Heh, heh, nope, you've gotta catch up to us first, boy. Let's play tag!" grinned Eternalis, as he took Aurora's hand in his own and grasped it firmly. Aurora's eyes widened as she turned to her side, before both of them disappeared in a puff of air. Sparky faceplanted into the snow, before looking around in a hurry. He quickly located the two on the very opposite side of the field, with Eternalis dashing towards the side with a yell to distract the viruses.

"Arf, arf!" barked Sparky excitedly, as he too, vanished into a streak of light. A loud shockwave erupted as the pup broke the sound barrier, before skidding to a halt behind his female master. Aurora had no time for pleasantries for the moment, however, as she was already in mid-attack, drawing out the Katana2's power by materializing it into a blade of light. Grasping it with both hands, she roared decisively as she struck twice in a single moment, once with a horizontal slash across all of the three before her, and once with a darting upwards cut aimed at the Windbox's exposed back.

A smooth spin proceeded after the attack, as she kicked back slightly in anticipation of a counter-offense. Then, she repeated the same movement, this time substituting the upwards cut with a lightning-fast stab towards the shadowy Nightmare virus. All the while, she was supplemented by Eternalis's vitality-enhancing healing processes, as was Lyntael, while the blue Navi did double time with the former, also providing her with freeze-prevention.

// Summary
[Et.*] Sig: Influx Aegis: Support Base Heal 20 @ Aurora, 20 @ Lyntael (Overhealer)
[Et.1] Sig: Rapid Sublimation: Teleport @ Behind Group 3 (Tag Along: Aurora)
[Ar.1] Chip: Katana2Damage: (80 + Slashing + Wide Attack) Then (80 + Slashing + Long Attack)
Accuracy: B
Description: Creates a long metal blade with exceptional cutting speed. Hits with a wide slash, then a long slash in the span of a single action, hitting 3 and 2 targets, respectively. Only one target can be hit with both slashes. Rare
Duration: Until Overridden/Broken. Breaks automatically after 2 uses.
Element: Null
Trader Rank: B
: (80 + Slashing + Wide Attack) Then (80 + Slashing + Long Attack) (Acc: B) @ Megalian-A A/WindBox/Nightmare A + WindBox (Teleport: Acc+, Use 1/2)
[Sk.1] Act: Run over to Eternalis/Aurora: Movement (Overclock/High Gear: BaseEva=60%)

[Et.*] Sig: Influx Aegis: Support Base Heal 20 @ Aurora, 20 @ Lyntael (Overhealer)
[Ar.2] Act: Evade incoming attacks: Dodge
[Sk.2] Act: Evade incoming attacks: Dodge (High Gear: BaseEva=60%)
[Et.2] Act: Run towards the side, distract viruses: Movement/RP

[Ar.3] Chip: Katana2Damage: (80 + Slashing + Wide Attack) Then (80 + Slashing + Long Attack)
Description: Creates a long metal blade with exceptional cutting speed. Hits with a wide slash, then a long slash in the span of a single action, hitting 3 and 2 targets, respectively. Only one target can be hit with both slashes. Rare
: (80 + Slashing + Wide Attack) Then (80 + Slashing + Long Attack) (Acc: B) @ Megalian-A A/WindBox/Nightmare A + Nightmare A (Use 2/2)
[Sk.3] Act: Evade incoming attacks: Dodge (High Gear: BaseEva=60%)
[Et.3] Act: Evade incoming attacks: Dodge

[Et.4-6] Act: Evade incoming attacks: Dodge
[Et.*] Sub: Panacea: Status Cure @ Lyntael
Lyntael raised her barrier and ran forward while Eternalis and Aurora teleported to Lyntael's destination. Well, maybe slighty off to the side of Lyntael's destination. Though it would have been more neighborly to not force her to walk all that distance in the packed, cold snow. Since Lyntael wasn't an Aqua Navi, she was having a rough time of it [Snow: Non-Aqua Elementals suffer a loss of mobility on Snow (-10% Evasion and reduced movement speed).]. But Eternalis did give healing to Aurora and Lyntael, putting them over max.

Which was good for Lyntael because the Bluegon attacked her, breathing its icy breath. It even got an accuracy boost because it went along with the wind, striking Lyntael's barrier hard. Thankfully, it didn't breach the barrier, and it also didn't freeze poor Lyntael on the cold snow. Aurora then attacked the rear WindBox group with her Katana2 as Sparky caught up. The first slash, aided by the accuracy of the teleport and the fact that the wind wasn't blowing in her direction, struck the WindBox soundly. The wide attack also struck the Megalian-A and Nighmare, tearing gashes in all of them. Since the attack wasn't electric, it didn't remove the Megalian-A's Aqua Aura, but due to its power, it passed right through it with a pop. Her followup thrust pierced into the WindBox from behind, causing the wind to die out quick as the rest of the virus collapsed in the snow.

Lyntael began to be more defensive while slogging through the snow slowly. The Nightmare Aurora had just struck flickered away for a moment, before returning, looking like it teleported but decided to end up in the same location. It struck out with its own blade, slashing at Aurora. Who, still evasive from her own teleport, nimbly dodged the attack. The wide attack continued, as Eternalis and Sparky were also presently near, and struck Eternalis while missing Sparky. Even his evasive teleport wasn't enough to get Eternalis out of trouble and a part of his slime was cut from his body. Eternalis took the hit in stride and gave more healing to Aurora and Lyntael, maxing out their overhealing. He also started moving and hollaring to distract the viruses. The Megalian-A closest to them decided to take him up on his offer, already mad at being damaged so heavily. It launched its head at Eternalis, Aurora, and Sparky. It struck at Eternalis and Aurora, missing Sparky. But Aurora managed to dodge the hit on her, so Eternalis bore the brunt of the attack again, just like he wanted. Eternalis felt a chill pass through him as the cold began freezing his programming.

Lyntael charged her energy as Eternalis continued to pump healing goo into the two girls (in a non-sexual way). They were already full and couldn't take any more. So the healing goop was wasted, pooling to the ground around them. Aurora made another attack against the rear group, from behind. Lashing out again with her Katana2, she cleaved the remaining hit points off the two viruses remaining. Their dead, rotted corpses littering the pale snow. Everyone else was being evasive.The Swordy-A decided to attack then, teleporting up to the distracting Eternalis and attacking with its icy sword. However, the knight virus was not very accurate and ended up missing the evasive slime navi. Lyntael jumped past the Bluegon with another aerial kick. Thankfully, the WindBox was defeated and the wind no-longer a factor in the accuracy of this attack. With some descriptive luck, the electric kick went through, shocking the Bluegon into deletion. Lyntael even safely landed in the snow on the other side and didn't fall into the hole, because that would have been embarrassing.

It was at that point that all the other viruses began acting as a group. The BombBoy summoned a huge cube-shaped explosive. The second Nightmare disappeared and reappeared about the same location as the previous Nightmare. It also attacked Aurora and Sparky with a wide slash. It struck both of them solidly, even through their attempted evasions, and cut them a bit. Aurora had some overheal so it only cut her down to feeling normal, but poor Sparky wasn't feeling as awesome after. The Nightmare then teleported back. The Raingear tried to drench Lyntael as she began to run up to and past them, slowed by the snow, but the erupting geyser missed her. She released a pulse of energy as she tried to move past the group, getting only a few more feet before slowing to a halt. The wave crackled over the three viruses and damaged them all slightly. The Aqua Aura of the not-evasive-enough Megalian-A burst due to the electricity and bled all over the snow. It was unfortunate that the snow did not conduct electricity.

Lyntael's energy fluctuated around her a lot as Eternalis continued to evade. Suddenly, Lyntael felt way off-balance. She also felt really slow. Slower than even the snow made her. So sluggish. Maybe it was from being so full of Etneralis goop?

-- Viruses --
Group 3 (Northest)

All viruses in this family are immobile during combat, with the exception of being able to turn to face any direction it wishes. Later versions of this virus may switch between Wind and Fan effects, which requires one action, during which time all wind or fan effects cease. Bonuses and penalties do not stack if multiples of the same virus family exist on the field. Wind and Fan do not push or pull Objects, only creatures.

Attack Description: Causes a large scale gale of wind to blow across the entire field in the direction the virus is facing. This gale will constantly move all targets this virus considers to be enemies in the direction the wind is blowing, which makes it difficult to land many kinds of attacks on it and allied viruses, such as thrown attacks and close ranged attacks. All those affected by the wind will also have their barriers and auras blown off by a constant Northwind effect.
Special: Causes short ranged attacks, such as (but not limited to) swords, melee attacks, and flame thrower style weapons, to suffer from a 30% accuracy penalty against targets they are being pushed away from. Both sides of the engagement suffer a 30% accuracy penalty with direct attacks perpendicular to the direction of the wind, and all thrown attacks.
Special: Those allied with this virus may opt to take advantage of the wind to increase movement speed or evasion by going with the wind. They do not suffer any penalties, however. Conversely, anyone may move along with the wind to increase accuracy by 10% for close ranged attacks, assuming the target is in that direction.
Special: Northwind effect to all enemies once per virus action while maintaining wind effect.
: DELETED

A: DELETED

Primary Attack Description: When this virus is 2 panels away from the target, or its enemies are 2-deep, it will attack with Aqua Blade.
Secondary Attack Description: When this virus is standing directly adjacent to its target, or diagonally from it, it will attack with Aqua Sword.
: 80 HP [Snow] [North] [Immune: Freeze]

Group 2 (Between)

B: 110 HP [Snow] [Between] [OmniShoes] [Aqua Aura: Broken!]

B: 90 HP [Missing] [Between] [Shadow]

This virus family is positively deadly when fighting on Ice Terrain, to the point where the players are at a severe disadvantage. Unless you just have it in for the player, try not to combine the two very often. I'm serious about this. -Pally

Primary Attack Description: Blasts enemy with a geyser that bursts suddenly from the ground.
: 60 HP [Snow] [Between]

Group 1 (Southest)
BombBoyBombBoy (BombLab)

BombLab viruses attack by summoning a huge cube-shaped explosive, called a BoyBomb. They push this bomb towards their enemies, using it as cover against incoming fire as they do so. It takes a BombLab virus an action to summon a BoyBomb, and another 2 to push it into attack range of the enemy. Once the explosive is in range, it will explode the very next turn. BoyBombs have StoneBody, and can be moved with special abilities, such as Knockback, Microburst, Pull, Gravity, and Telekinesis. BoyBombs will explode if physically picked up, however (EX: Rageclaw or similar means). Bomb Lab viruses jump, not teleport, back to their starting position after setting the BoyBomb.

Attack Description: Summons a 5 HP BoyBomb, and begins pushing it towards the enemy. Bomb deals massive damage once in range.
: 80 HP [Snow] [South] [Hiding behind BoyBomb]
BluegonBluegon (Bluegon)

Bluegons do not appear before Battle 6. They are extremely territorial among their own kind, so only one HoleDragon can appear per battle. Because they live among holes, they cannot appear without at least 5% Missing terrain.

Secondary Attack Description: Creates a wave of ice water that crashes into an enemy.
Special: While this virus will never leave holes, it may still swerve to avoid attacks.
Special: This virus can use an action to duck inside its hole. This counts as a dodge. It may reemerge from that same hole, or a different hole on the battlefield, as a free action afterward.

-- Navis --
Eternalis.EXE: 540/600 HP (Overhealer/Panacea) [Snow] [Northest, at Group 3] [Freeze1]
Aurora.EXE: 100/100 HP (Tag Along/One for All) [Snow] [Northest, at Group 3] [FloatShoes]
Sparky.SP: 40/60 HP (High Gear/Overclock) [Snow] [Northest, at Group 3] [OmniShoes]
Lyntael.EXE: 180/150 HP (Gust/Turbulence) [Snow] [Between, at Group 2] [40 HP (Elec) Barrier] [Buster Charges x2: Expended!] [Off-Target1] [My Pain is Real (Counter): Active!] [Self-Slow1]

-- Terrain --

-- Objects --
BoyBomb: 5 HP [StoneBody] [Snow] [South]
If she hadn't been so focused on trying to stop the most angry-seeming of the new viruses, and biting back her nerves under the need to pull her own weight, Lyntael might have been a little bit wistful of the way Aurora and Eternalis could warp about the battle field with such ease, while she was left struggling through the thick, slowing snow. As it was, she didn't see what her allies were up to until well after she'd put what she hoped was enough distance between herself ad them to be sure of not doing any harm if she lost control again. The icy breath that blasted over her clothes as she passed was mostly mitigated by the rush of release that was flooding through her at the same time, and she paused only long enough to gasp for air and scrub frost from her face with the back of one arm before pushing on.

The roar behind her had stopped, and when he glanced back to confirm that the dragon was gone she finally realised that her allies weren't where she'd left them. The momentary shock of worry faded when she caught sight of them again, further up the field, and she was relieved that they all seemed to be far enough away still that she wouldn't be a danger to them. The thick layer of snow stopped her from getting as far past the dragon's gap as she'd wanted to, and left her stuck in amongst several of the other viruses. A few quick pants as she cast about at them, eyes darting, proved that her hopes of them being more friendly once the Bluegon was dealt with were not to be.

The smaller, blustery one had already tried to freeze her again, and she could feel her body reaching the peak of its charge again, unbidden. Close by, another of the large-headed viruses she'd seen before was bearing in on her as well. Her eyes slid away from the dark shadow just to the side, and and as she backed past the cluster she threw out a hand to fend away the largest of the things close to her. Her eyes were mostly shut in a wince as she did; the energy flowed but she did her best to keep some measure of control on it and limit how much of her charge raced through her strikers to flare out from the wrist that swung up. The tension suffusing her skin was enough to make every sensation fuzzy to begin with and she half stumbled as she ducked past through the snow. Her body pulsed as the flow of energy stopped, balancing out, but the build continued unabated even so. It flowed and flared again, this time bursting from her other wrist as she pushed past the more grounded virus, trying to shove it away as she moved towards Aurora and Eternalis. The second expenditure so quickly after drained off the rest of the built charge and set it cycling up inside her again, and Lyntael had to pause mid stride to steady herself and draw a breath.

When she looked up, though, a moment later, it was to find herself much closer to the edge of the snow than she'd expected, and the dark shadow creature loomed close by her, its eye glaring. She'd known it was there, but even so, the shock of coming face to face with the frightful virus unprepared gave her a sharp start and she cried out from the shock before she could bite it back. Her quick back step was also ungainly, and in her haste to move away from the edge, and away from the nightmarish creature, she stumbled backwards and fell into the snow, a soft crunch and a puff of kicked up white as she landed on her behind with one hand down to break the trip. Without thinking she shuffled back a bit more, stealing a look back to find her friends before her eyes were torn back to watching the virus with its sword right in front of her.

"Aurora!?" She really wished her cry for help hadn't sounded as desperate as it had, but the fright of seeing this virus up so very close already had her heart racing, and she had no idea how to fight something that seemed as incorporeal as this one did.

Summary

L*) Subtype Ability: Gust (All Knock-back and Pull effects are amplified, and attacks containing them gain Wind-Type)
L1) Buster Charge
L*) Passive: A Manifest Spirit (10elec, Nova2, A->B (Off-Target))(Overcharge-1)
L2) Half-Charge Buster Strike (50Elec, Disarm, A->B (Off-Target))(Overcharge +1) (Megalian)
L3) Dodge
L4) Buster Charge
L5) Half-Charge Buster Strike (50Elec, Disarm, A->B (Off-Target))(Overcharge +1) (RainGear)
L6) Dodge (Backing off from Nightmare, and falling in the snow)
L*) Subtype Ability: Turbulence (Deflect one shot or throw type, to another foe at D rank) (Only if/when her barrier goes — this is more for flavour than anything as I don't believe there's anything that actually uses shot or thrown attacks on the field)

Cooldowns and Overcharge

My Pain is Real: 2TCD
My Heart Falters: 1TCD

Overcharge: Begin: +2, Manifest Spirit -1, Half-Charge Strike x 2 +2, End: +3
"Oh, that's a close one!" said Eternalis, as he avoided the attack from the Swordy, and prepared to hop around a bit more. The attacks from the previous viruses didn't matter to him much as the gaps in his slimy body, sliced and smacked into him from the collective attacks of the Megalian and Nightmare, closed up rapidly, and his attack systems began restoring themselves at a frightening pace. All around him, the parts of his body that were absorbed into his comrades began their healing process as well. "Aurora, I could use a shot over here!" he yelled.

Nearby, Aurora was having a good time, her boots digging into the snow as she saw the viruses fall before her gleaming sword. "Coming your way!" she called out, as she heard Eternalis's call. Her sword crackled with electrical arcs as she slashed horizontally in a wide arc, creating a ball of golden energy that flew through the air towards the blue Swordy. The light receded from the sword as her innate electrical charge waned down, and it returned to its normal operation.

However, she wasn't done yet, as the cries of her junior came to her as well. Turning towards the source of the cry, she directed a "Back me up!" to Eternalis and Sparky and quickly dashed across the snow, her energy sword recharging rapidly with the continued operation of its battlechip data. "Hands off!" she called out towards the Nightmare, as she swung twice in quick succession, the energy sword also appearing to unnaturally extend out to chop up the nearby Megalian and Raingear as well.

Behind her, her call for backup didn't go unnoticed, as Sparky was the first to respond. Attempting to dash off, however, somehow landed the pup in the snow. "?!" Sparky's muffled yelp came from his buried head. Sparky would then feel himself being lifted up suddenly. "Silly Sparky... Oh, I know," said Eternalis, the culprit of said lifting-up, as he held Sparky in his hands. "Let's help you go faster, boy!" he said, drawing his arm back, 'assisting' Sparky in getting to Aurora as he threw the pup clear across the snow. While it may have looked like a bit of animal cruelty, Sparky seemed happy enough to blast across the snow, rapidly transforming into his hoverboard form.

"Whoa?!" cried out Aurora, as she was swept off her feet and forcefully re-stabilized by the hoverboard form, headed straight for the BombBoy. Instinct took over as she drew her sword once more, and swiped it rapidly in front of her, if only to clear the way instead of faceplanting into the snow.

"Whoops, he might have enjoyed that a little too much," Eternalis said to himself, being unable to stop himself from grinning from across the battlefield.

// Summary
[Et.*] Sub: Panacea: Status Cure @ Self (Freeze)
[Et.*] Sig: Influx Aegis: Support Base Heal 20x3 @ Self, 20 @ Lyntael, 20 @ Aurora, 20 @ Sparky (Overhealer)
[Et.1] Act: Evade incoming attacks: Dodge
[Ar.1] Act: Attack Swordy-A: Elec 50 (Aqua: Elec+50)

[Ar.2] Chip: Katana2Damage: (80 + Slashing + Wide Attack) Then (80 + Slashing + Long Attack)
: (80 + Slashing + Wide Attack) Then (80 + Slashing + Long Attack) (Acc: B) @ Megalian-A B, Nightmare B, Raingear B + Nightmare B (Use 1/2)
[Et.2] Act: Throw Sparky at Aurora: RP
[Sk.1] Act: Allow Aurora to mount: Equip

[Sk.2] Act: Dash towards BombBoy: Movement (Overclock/High Gear: BaseEva=60%)
[Ar.3] Chip: Katana2Damage: (80 + Slashing + Wide Attack) Then (80 + Slashing + Long Attack)
: (80 + Slashing + Wide Attack) Then (80 + Slashing + Long Attack) (Acc: B) @ BombBoy (Use 2/2)
[Et.3-6] Act: Evade incoming attacks: Dodge
Lyntael began charging again as the BombBoy began pushing its BoyBomb towards her. It even managed to get all the way to the edge of the group she was at. Plowing through the snow with its cube-shaped bomb. Eternalis cured the freezing that was in his coding, allowing him to attack again, even though he was letting Aurora do all the heavy lifting. He also began spreading out the healing while taking on a defensive stance. The Raingear launched a marching line of geysers across the field, blasting at all four of the navis. However, it missed Eternalis and Aurora, and struck the slowed Lyntael, but the thrown/jetting Sparky dodged it. The barrier cancelled the damage done to Lyntael. Lyntael also didn't get frozen from the water and snow mix.

Lyntael then let off an explosion of energy from being struck. The wave washes over the middle virus group. The Megalian-A takes the electrical damage, its Aqua Aura popping like a water balloon. The Nightmare, forever shadowed, still manages to be struck by the explosion. In an act of recompense of its misdeed, the Raingear is also hit and is deleted. The BombBoy tries to hide behind its cube but the electric field hits both. Though the cube bomb hardly takes more than a nick to its stony shell. Aurora followed up with an electric blast towards the Swordy-A, which struck soundly and deleted the aqua virus. All that left was the quickly shrinking middle group.

The Nightmare takes its revenge by cutting at Lyntael. Striking her soundly, as her evasion was still too slow while recovering from her earlier elecrical build up and being on snow. The barrier that protected her absorbed the blow and then popped. Lyntael then let out more explosions of electrical energy from her hands. The Megalian-A, BombBoy, and BoyBomb take the hit from her Manifest Spirit, with the shadowy Nightmare taking nothing from the attack. A half-charged blow from Lyntael that followed electricuted the rest of the Megalian-A, its body and head falling to the snow, dead.Aurora, though easily moving across the top of the snow like an elf with her FloatShoes, still got a boost by a flying hoverboard dog. It was a radical showing as Aurora skated in on her rocking board and delivered some totally awesome swiping and stabbing sword moves with her Katana2. The Nightmare was totally unprepared for the slammin' 360' grind all over its face. She totally jacked it up.

She then swiped at the BombBoy, but it hid behind its bomb, so the Wide Attack didn't work. However the Long Attack, with its ability to hit something behind another thing, totally hit the BombBoy. Leaving the BoyBomb remaining on the field, quite damaged. Though it just sat there without its master to detonate it, becoming inert, just like all the overhealing.

-- Viruses --
Group 3 (Northest)

Group 2 (Between)

B: DELETED

B: DELETED

BombBoyBombBoy (BombLab)

Group 1 (Southest)
BluegonBluegon (Bluegon)

-- Navis --
Eternalis.EXE: 600 HP (Overhealer/Panacea) [Snow] [Northest] [Freeze1: Cured!]
Aurora.EXE: 100 HP (Tag Along/One for All) [Snow] [Between] [FloatShoes]
Sparky.SP: 60 HP (High Gear/Overclock) [Snow] [Between] [OmniShoes]
Lyntael.EXE: 150 HP (Gust/Turbulence) [Snow] [Between] [(Elec) Barrier: Broken!] [Off-Target1: Ended!] [My Pain is Real

(Counter): Used!] [Self-Slow1: Ended!]

-- Terrain --

-- Objects --
BoyBomb: 1 HP [StoneBody] [Snow] [Between] [Diffused!]

-- Battle 2 Victory!! --

-- Rewards --
Eternalis: 1080z + 26 Bugfrags + 5 FXP + 1 Bonus FXP
Lyntael: 840z + IceDragon1Damage: 160 + Freeze + Homing x 3 Targets
Description: Summons a Bluegon from broken or missing terrain to breathe frost on up to three enemies, solidifying them with cold. Rare
Duration: Once
Special: Ice Type: This chip counts as Ice Type for the purposes of potentially freezing targets on Aqua Element Terrain or environments, as applicable.
Trader Rank: C
+ 26 Bugfrags + 5 FXP + 1 Bonus FXP + 1 Bluegon Bounty
[Z > 2125, BF > 88, LynFXP > 28.]

"All gone. Good work," said Eternalis over the audio link, before it shut itself down.

The engines on the Sparkyboard wound down as it emitted a small whine before finally transforming back into the little pup, who began excitedly running around Aurora's feet. Aurora, who had been looking towards Lyntael, dropped onto the snow with grace, before turning her attention to Sparky to pat the pup on the head. In the corner of her vision, she watched her partner approach Lyntael, suppressing her instinct to rush over, and picked up Sparky. "H-Hey! Calm down, boy!" she laughed, as Sparky took the opportunity to shower her with eager licks, while she went back to gather together.

Eternalis jogged across the snow towards Lyntael, who was likely still lying down on the snow. Recalling the way she started out her previous post-battle interaction with Aurora, he hesitated for a moment, before bolstering his self-healing, and continuing his approach. "Hey, you all right? You charged in there pretty quickly at the start! It's not a race," he joked, stretching out a hand to offer her some assistance in getting back up.
As so often before, Lyntael had done her best to avoid harm but still failed to keep away from the things that had attacked her. The recoiling explosion of electricity blew clear much of the snow around her, leaving the hard, smooth layer of ice as her shrill cry faded away into breathless gasping again. Only the shadow had remained, looming as she struggled to back away, until Aurora had appeared to dispatch it and moved on again just as quickly to finish securing the area. She waited where she was, struggling to get one hand underneath her while her mittens slipped on the freshly exposed ice. The feeling of quiet told her that the fighting must be over for now, and Lyntael let her head drop for a moment, eyes closed while she keep hold of the resurgent charge and pushed away the need to expend again. Her prom pulsed again, lightly, to send a small scattering of sparks skittering across the ice around her while she concentrated on taking long, slower breaths.

Eternalis would find her thus as he approached, the small girl still mostly on the ground but sitting up part way, knees partially under her and arms crossed in over her chest. Her head was down and her eyes closed tight, and though she looked to still be struggling with her problem, for now each breath was long and measured, and she didn't look nearly as far gone as other times he'd seen so far.

He'd see by now that the smaller waves of energy came in evenly spaced, regular pulses, whenever Lyntael was allowing them to bleed out of her, and a trained eye would be able to see that these smaller ones seemed to help her balance out, compared to the larger, more violent expenditures, so it wasn't too hard to move closer in between the intermittent waves without getting shocked directly. Even so, the girl flinched sharply at the nearness of his voice, and when the time for the next pulse came, nothing happened, save the girl curling up on herself a little more, in a mild, tightly contained convulsion. She looked up at him, and nodded. When she reached out for his hand, Eernalis could see that a dance of energy still wove its way across the filaments of her clothing, and sparks still jumped in her hair, and between the closest points of her extremities. Her eyes flicked to it, and she withdrew the hand again, not willing to touch him of her own accord.

She still appreciated the effort, really... she wanted so much to just take the peculiar slime-person's hand and let him help her up again, like normal people who exchanged inter-personal pleasantries all the time would... but she was still trying to force herself to stability and she wasn't anywhere near safe to touch yet. Instead, she nodded, trying a smile that she was sure came out more nervous and forced than anything else.

"I'm- I'm alright, I just need a moment..." She avoided the other half of his question for a moment, focusing instead on picking herself up and getting her feet under her again. She seemed to be doing a lot of falling down currently. She wanted to blame it on the snow. Standing, she rubbed at her upper arms one more time, then took a final long, slow breath and put her hands down to her sides, stretching them out. She was still feeling the excess electricity coursing back and forth in her body, making her muscles twitch and her limbs want to tighten, but the pressing need to release and expend it was under control now, and it would just take little while for her to calm completely. She was a good enough gauge of that now, at least, to be fairly certain. At last she looked up to Etenralis properly, one hand lifting to rub with unnoticed, unconscious nerves at the place where her emblem rested.

"I, um... I wasn't trying to rush in, really. I mostly just get scared when things like that happen... but I didn't want to hurt either of you, so... I um, I had to get far enough away, before anything happened. I can't stop it, the reaction just happens, no matter how hard I try to hold it back," she gestured briefly to the broad, wide area of cleared ice around her, where the larger shock-wave had swept the snow away. "So staying away is safer. Um... A-also..." she looked about the cleared battlefield, her eyes crossing briefly over Aurora and Sparky as they drew nearer, and then to the rest of the snowy space.

"Also, I was, um... I hoping that the big dragon one was the only one that might attack us. Some of the other ones didn't seem very angry or aggressive, at first, and I thought maybe, um... maybe if the angry one that was invading their space was gone, some of them might just leave us alone..." Despite herself, the words trailed into an almost mumble of uncertainty as her eyes dropped and her head turned away slightly, embarrassed. She'd encountered friendly viruses several times now, and some had even given her little gifts after she'd played with them... but those times seemed strangely distant, back beyond the recent weeks.

Her heart beat had slowed down, and gradually the tense over-charged pressure in her body had subsided into a manageable hum. Less pressingly, but now more obvious was that her continued tumbles in the snow were, once again, causing patches of her leggings to become damp with melted ice and snow. It was chill against her skin, and she hid her shivers as best she could in between puffing misted breaths into her hands. Once Aurora had arrived with Sparky, she turned a nervous grin to her and ducked her head.

"Ah, thank you, for um, for saving me from that thing. I've never seen something like that before, and it looked horrible. What was it? I seemed very mean..." She was about to let them both know that she was alright to continue when a message arrived to her from Rogan; he'd muted the PET while he was talking business, she guessed, but the message contained instructions about changing their rewards. She frowned at it, wondering how the request had come up, and so soon after she'd been talking about the fragments with Aurora and Eternalis, but it seemed the request was the opposite of what they'd been suggesting she might ask Rogan. Her mind made the small jump to guessing that they'd somehow asked on her behalf, and Rogan had given the expected response anyway... It didn't stop her feeling grateful that they had tried, probably.

"Um... I just got... that is, ah, Rogan says that he's agreed with Harke about exchanging the currency data for the fragments that we all find while we're out here today. He says I should give you the fragments that I've recovered since we arrived, so, um, here..." she made a small motion with both hands, in front of her chest, then stopped, her brown furrowing for a few seconds when nothing happened. A second later she shook her head, realising her mistake, then struggled briefly to pull her mittens off.

When her hands were visible, aurora and Eternalis could see that the dance of electricity was still rippling underneath her skin, likely not safe to touch. Muttering softly to herself, she stowed her mittens between her knees for a moment and lifted her scarf to begin fumbling with the front of her outfit, shifting the brooch aside and unpinning it so that she could open the garment enough to reveal her actual emblem. They'd be able to see that, underneath the warm layers, she was wearing an undervest in a similar style to the one she normally wore. They'd also hear a soft gasp as the frigid Sharo air came into contact with the bared skin. That done, Lyntael repeated the earlier gesture, drawing two fingertips from each hand around the surface of her emblem, and pulling two strings of compressed data away, which had been circling the point until now.

With another quick series of hand motions, the collapsed and configured the strings into a single yellow crystal about the size of her palm, that looked to contain a cluster of jagged, fragmented data chunks. She handed it out between them, the crystal floating slightly above her open palm so that one of them could take it without having to touch her skin. With her other hand, and then with both once the crystal was claimed, she swiftly began doing up the top of her winter gear again, refastening things and re-pinning the brooch before pulling her scarf back snugly into place and starting to put her mittens back on again.

"I-I'm ok to keep going, ah if you want... I think I'm A-alright." Lyntael felt her voice shudder a bit as she spoke and she rubbed at her arms again, trying to hide her shivers. As much as Aurora and Eternalis might see that she'd recovered mostly from her electrical difficulties, and seemed to have plenty of energy in that regard, what they'd also be able to see just as clearly was the way her small form was beginning to shiver, despite the warm clothes. The spreading damp patches, especially across her leggings where the material was thinnest, along with the brief bouts of skin exposure, seemed to have sapped much of her warmth, and there was a cold flush across her cheeks, along with very slight blue tinge beginning to form on her lips.

((Lyntael offering: 48 BugFrags to Eternalis (sum of Frags for battle 1 & 2)))

[BF > 18.]

"Oh, alright," said Eternalis, as his offer of assistance was rejected. After realizing that Lyntael wasn't going to take his hand after a little while, he let it back down as he watched the girl scramble to get back up. He somewhat understood the girl not wanting to hurt anyone simply by accepting some help, though he couldn't help but feel sad about it nonetheless. Mixed in with the sense of pity in his heart, however, was a sense of awe as he watched her struggle with the electrical forces threatening to take over her own physically wracked body. It reminded him of Aurora, who he had been forced to witness undergo the trials of her own body rebelling against her.

"Well, it's fine. You'll just have to see just how tough I am after this, trust me. Stick by us for a bit and we'll help you get stronger," said Eternalis. "As for them leaving us alone... Well, it's hard to find peaceful ones, they're pretty much an anomaly as far as I can tell. By default, they're just programmed to attack us, and they multiply so fast that they'd overrun us if we left them alone, and then we wouldn't be able to use the internet for anything." That was about as much reassurance as he could give her--that it was just a necessary evil in order to keep the networks running. He also noticed her looking more visibly repressed, and it didn't look like she was dealing with her electrical instability now. In fact, he could swear that she saw her shivering--perhaps Sharo was starting to penetrate her attempt at keeping out the cold.

Before he could say anything about it, just then, Aurora and Sparky reached them, and he waved to them in greeting, receiving one in return from Aurora. Lyntael then proceeded to thank her for the save, eliciting a wide smile from Eternalis. "Yeah, that was some pretty quick thinking on your end. Those Nightmare-types can be harrowing," he said, crossing his arms.

Aurora's eyes widened in surprise at the compliment, before she letting out a short laugh. "Ah, you're welcome. Like Eternalis said, they're called Nightmares, and they're somewhat difficult to deal with, since if you fight them head-on, it's hard to land a hit unless you use a sword or some other kind of sharp edge," she said. She was about to elaborate a bit more before her explanation was cut short by Lyntael's notification from her operator concerning the Bug Fragments.

"Exchanging currency data, huh," she repeated. She assumed that meant that Harke had relayed her request about Lyntael's situation, and the response she received was disheartening, yet still almost expected. She watched in slight confusion as Lyntael made some odd hand motions in front of herself, but before she could comment, the Navi started to undress herself. "Wai--" she started, putting up her hands, before Lyntael stopped at just opening up her coat enough to reveal her emblem underneath. Realizing that she was using her internal storage, she handed Sparky over to Eternalis, with the pup somewhat reluctantly accepting the transfer, before gingerly receiving the little data crystal.

Then, she watched Lyntael scramble to cover herself up, and it was then that she, too, noticed Lyntael's shivering, despite her reassurance that she was alright. Her brow creased as she looked over to Eternalis, who seemed to have the same thoughts as she was currently. Her focus went back to the crystal in her hands, when a small notification window in her peripheral vision notified her of the shift in amount of the PET's virtual zenny wallet--it seemed like Harke had already made the transaction official. She sighed quietly--the fragments were important to her, and possibly aiding Lyntael in fixing her own problem didn't seem like a bad idea, but it really felt like she should have been consulted first beforehand. Then again, the zenny earned from their battles technically belonged to them, with the agreement that Harke's judgment was sound enough to trust him with their upgrades, so she couldn't really complain.

[Transfer 2040z to Lyntael in exchange for 48 BugFrags.]
[Z > 85, BF > 66.]

The crystal disappeared, and now their only problem was proceeding with a girl that was clearly on the edge of hypothermia. She herself had no reservations about continuing onwards, and she was confident Eternalis hadn't any problems with it either, but the pale look on Lyntael's face and her desperate attempts at keeping her limbs tucked in clearly showed that, despite her words, she was at her limit.

A mental command allowed a small minimap to appear in her peripheral vision, showing a pathway through the network. The minimap was mirrored into Eternalis's vision, who took one glance at the destination noted at the bottom of the heads-up display window and understood Aurora's intentions. The sector part they were headed to was a transfer gate into Electopia--he recalled his previous suggestion back in the Strelka Bar. He turned to Aurora, who had concern painted all over her face, and nodded to her in affirmation.

Aurora returned the nod discreetly, before taking a deep breath. Then, she suddenly clapped her hands together loudly. "Alright, that's enough of that out of you. Anyone would look at you and think they'd seen a ghost with how pale you look. Are you really alright?" she said, before seizing Lyntael by her hands and staring the girl directly in her eyes with an intense-looking glare. Her intimidation would only last for a moment, however, enough for Lyntael to sputter out any response she had, before she would let Lyntael go with a quiet exhale.

"Well, in any case, we're going to a network that isn't five seconds away from a blizzard now, and you're coming with us whether you like it or not. Alright?" she said, crossing her arms with a caring smile on her face, though the expression in her eyes suggested that she was somewhat enjoying leading the girl around as well; Eternalis and Sparky simply watched over the interaction with slight amusement.
Watching and listening between the two, the small, easily missable exchange between Aurora and Eternalis nevertheless made Lyntael grin softly. She was feeling pretty sure that there was something between them beyond just busting partners, and it was really very cute. She would have focused on it more, if not for the effort it was taking to suppress her chills. She hadn't been out in the snow as long this time, as before, but her clothing had gotten damp sooner, and it felt like she'd gotten cold faster as well. She hadn't had all that long to recover from the last attempt, and as much as her body had healed up, the cold sensation, and the lingering memories of the pain and broken bones had lingered on. Chances were, she realised, that her core temperature hadn't recovered fully in the first place, so this trip had been fated to go badly regardless. Not, she had to admit, that Rogan would pay any attention to that...

As she was bracing herself to being heading on with her friends, Lyntael looked at each of them and rubbed at her arms again, puffing another misted breath into the air. She wasn't surprised that Eternalis didn't seem to feel the cold, but she felt a bit envious of the fact that aurora didn't seem to feel it particularly badly either. Just when she was about to ask where to head, however, Aurora snapped to her in the most motherly gesture she'd encountered in a long while. At first she tried to pull away when the other woman grabbed her hands between her own, but Aurora was having none of it for now and held tight. Despite the mittens, she'd feel the inevitable current flow that continued to pass into her hands at a steady pace for as long as she held on, though if she held on long enough, she'd feel that, after the initial startled spike, the actual current pressure was still gradually receding; it was approaching what Lyntael had seemed to think of as her 'normal' level, where her skin might be safe to touch, soon.

For her part, Lyntael was looking up at Aurora wide-eyed for a moment, startled at her sudden authoritative action and couldn't quite make up her mind whether to nod or shake her head. she fumbled for an answer that would do, while resisting the icy chill that was pressing long fingers in beneath her clothes.

"I— I'm just, ah, I'm not—" A couple of half formed explanations were all she had time to stumble through before the older woman relented and released her from her piercing gaze. Lyntael ducked her head, letting herself huddle against the cold more obviously now that she knew the others weren't buying her efforts. She closed her eyes for a moment and let a small curl of wind rise around her feet and circle for a little while, just enough to encapsulate the three of them in a ward that stopped the worst of the frigid winds from driving against them.

"I'm just cold. I'm not actually hurt, and Rogan always insists that unless it's something tangible that he can see on screen as a number, then there's obviously nothing wrong, so, I just kind of have to get used to pushing through it, that's all. Like you do, right? You don't seem cold." she looked down and away for a moment, then back to her friends, puffing into her mittens and resettling her boots in the snow. Aurora's explanation for her sudden intensity and the proposal she offered made Lyntael brighten quite dramatically for a few moments before a hesitation pulled her expression back under control.

"Another network? Is th-that going to be alright? I mean... Rogan did s-say that I should be training here, and, um..." Briefly, she bit her lip, then let her eyes flick between Eternalis and Aurora, before settling on Sparky instead. "He-he wouldn't have to know, though, would he? It's not as th-though he's actually watching any of this..." A nervous corner of a grin crept across one side of her lips as she shivered and stammered slightly through the cold, looking back to Eternalis and Aurora.

"If... As long as Rogan doesn't find out... are we going to the beach now?" There was an all too innocent and guileless look of hope in the girl's eyes, mixed with the obvious nerves of potentially doing something 'naughty'.
The wind manipulation that Lyntael had demonstrated didn't go unnoticed by the two Navis, who looked about briefly with impressed expressions. Aurora waved her hand about to test the movement of the wind, and verified that it had indeed seemed to drop around them. Afterwards, seeing the brief sparkle of light in Lyntael's eyes, Eternalis and Aurora simultaneously chuckled. It seemed like even she could defy her operator if the chance was given to her. "Well, even if he finds out, it's not like you can just do training until you're collapsed. You've got to balance out work with play," said Eternalis, punctuated by a couple of affirmative-sounding barks from Sparky.

Aurora laughed at the pup's appropriate response. "Well, it's not like we're doing this just for you. This suit does keep my temperature steady, which helps a lot in keeping me going. Though I'm already pretty used to Sharo's cold, so there's that... but it's not like I'm wrapped up next to a fire or anything either, so I'd very much like to go to the beach," she explained, smiling as she did so.

Turning her head around to the road that they had been walking on previously, she continued. "It'll take a little bit of walking to get to the nearest network transfer area, though, and I know the place is usually crawling with viruses no matter the time of day. We'll probably have to fight one more round before we get there, so... hang in there, I guess," she said, before turning back to Lyntael and Eternalis. "Oh, Eternalis, could you be the vanguard with Sparky? I don't want us to be ambushed or anything, so I'll keep watch on our rear."

"You got it. Come on, boy," said Eternalis, letting Sparky down, with the pup seeming to know what was expected of him as it transformed into the previous form of a hoverboard. The blue warrior stepped on, and gently advanced forward, just enough to keep a manageable distance between the two parties.

Lyntael was thus left alone with Aurora, who also began walking in the same direction, though much slower, as she called out to their friend. "Come on, let's go."

[Battle 3 - Ready.]
Despite herself, Lyntael pouted softly and took a moment to scuff at the snow with one boot. It was all well enough to say, of course, and she appreciated Eternalis' optimism, but if they knew what she'd been through just before meeting them... She rolled her shoulders and looked up.

"I'd really just prefer it if n-none of the work I had t-to do put me in these s-situations or made me have to f-fight at all. It doesn't feel f-fair." She shook it off, electing not to go into any of the details about how badly injured she'd been before. It wasn't going to help anything or add to anything by sharing it and she was fairly sure she looked pathetic enough to these two already, without making herself seem even less capable than they already knew she was. She did her best to give Eternalis a smile, despite the complaint, and shrugged her shoulders. "I make do. It's not like I can really do or say anything that will change his mind."

Aurora's answer cheered her a little bit, but it sounded mostly like a reassurance for the sake of it. Even if she was cutting the winds around them a little bit now, it was clear that neither of them were suffering like she was, and if not for her, they'd both be perfectly fine to continue without a thought. She grinned anyway. "It would be n-nice to relax though... I mean, with friends, and s-somewhere other than back home, where it's just m-me and the empty space. I'll try not to get in the way, if anything else shows up." She watched Sparky get handed around and transformed again; it was a very strange sight to her and she found her eyes trying to trace the changes as they took place, all while the dog itself didn't seem to mind in the slightest. While Eternalis scouted ahead a little way, Lyntael continued to walk with Aurora, lifting her feet to stride through the snow and trying to ignore what was rapidly becoming a freezing chill around her legs where the damp was pressing to her skin even through the thermal layers. She glanced forward at the slime navi ahead, and then back to Aurora and bit her lip.

"So..." If Aurora was paying attention she might catch the very slight edge of a conspiratorial tone to Lyntael's voice this time, dropping to something closer to a whisper, even through the shivering chill. "You and him... There's something there, isn't there...?" She raised hands to her mouth as she asked, nervous and partially muffling the question behind her own mittens, but a large part of her was sure that she was right, at least in some way. The jump in topic would be at least partially transparent as Lyntael trying to move onto some less dire or pathetic topic of conversation, and the sudden out-of-hearing position of Eternalis had made the question jump to the forefront of her mind first, after watching the way they interacted. "You like him, don't you?" This time she giggled, the grin creeping across her face and her eyes dancing for a moment, while she separated herself from the bleak surroundings... to which she, quite obviously, was not really paying much attention to as long a she walked alongside Aurora.

((Ready for Battle 3))
((Lyntael: 150Hp))
+6 FXP

As they walked down the path it became less snowy. Suddenly two turrets sprung up from the road right in front of the navis. They had large shields pointing at the navis to block the road. Behind them came a bunch of viruses. Another Bluegon erupted from a hole in the middle of a bunch of cracked terrain. Surrounding that was a bunch of normal terrain. A single icy patch remained in the middle of all that normal terrain where a single virus had built a snow fort. Various other viruses began flooding into the area or just poofing into existence ahead. Looks like they had another fight on their hands before they could reach the gate.

-- Viruses --
FortFighterFortFighter (FortFighter)

A short little humanoid virus no more than 2 feet tall, the FortFighter uses it stature to its advantage in its combat style of choice: snowball fighting. Being able to endlessly produce snow forts and snowballs, FortFighter will harass you endlessly with below-freezing balls of pain. Its body is outfitted in miniaturized winter gear, including a snow cap, winter coat, and snowshoes. Its only exposure comes from its head, which is just a grey sphere with two big eyes on it. Its hands, which only have 3 fingers each, are a bit disproportionately large compared to the rest of its body. The difference between the virus levels is the outfit: FortFighter is green, FortWarrior is blue, and FortChampion is red.

HP: 50
Attack Damage/Effect: 15 Aqua
Attack Accuracy: C
Attack Description: Throws a snowball.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): SnowFort1, Zenny
Special: SnowFort: Creates a 1-hit AquaBody shield at the beginning of each turn. Becomes a 2-hit AquaBody shield on Ice and Snow terrain. While considered Aqua element, the shield is negated and pierced by Fire instead of Elec, and will auto-fail on Fire elemental terrain. The shield spawns on the field like an object, and remains in place until destroyed. It cannot be equipped.
Special: If there is already a shield in place at the beginning of a turn, this virus will make a new shield. It cannot simply refresh an existing shield to maximum strength.
Special: This virus has Haste (+10%) when unshielded.
Special: Immobile when shielded.
: 50 HP [Immobile] [2-hit AquaBody Shield] [Ice] [North side of hole]
WhirlyWhirly (Whirly)

HP: 90
Attack Damage/Effect: 20 Aqua x 3 targets
Attack Accuracy: C
Attack Description: Tries to spin into you along a boomerang shaped path.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): AquaWhirl1, Zenny
Special: Omnishoes. Cannot fly into high altitude.
: 90 HP [OmniShoes] [Cracked] [East side of hole]
OctonOcton (Octon)

Octon are fairly large viruses, but instead of using that bulk for direct attacks, they contain a huge amount of elemental energy. They utilize this by forming balloons from their mouth capable of absorbing their chosen element. This does use up a lot of energy, so no more than one balloon per virus can be active at any one time. The balloon itself has an odd homing property, in that as long as it's within sight, it will always try to remain between its creator and the target.

HP: 120
Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 50 Aqua + (Damage Absorbed) + Blast 3
Primary Attack Description: Creates a large balloon with angry eyes that floats toward an opponent. When it hits something, it explodes. It will reach its target the turn after it is created.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: Wind Type + Knockback
Secondary Attack Accuracy: A
Secondary Attack Description: If its own balloon is blown back at it, the virus can blow on it to move it back towards its originally intended target.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): AquaBalloon, Zenny
- Special: Immobile.
- Special: The balloon is treated as an Aqua element object with infinite HP, and the Light, OmniShoes, and AquaBody properties. If hit by an Elec elemental attack, it is instantly destroyed regardless of damage with no explosion. If hit by a non-Aqua attack with Impact or Slashing, the balloon instantly explodes, but the triggering attack's damage is not added.
- Special: Damage Absorbed: All damage the balloon takes is added to its attack damage.
- Special: While active, the balloon has a 50% chance of blocking any long ranged attack directed at the Octon that created it, regardless of whether it would have hit or not. Melee attacks are unaffected.
- Special: This virus will ONLY use its secondary attack on a balloon that has been redirected back at it.
: 120 HP [Immobile] [Normal] [North-East]
LunaroidLunaroid (Lunaroid)

A bluish space rock with a diameter of around two feet, that is always giving off a soft glow. Lunaroid NEVER appears without an accompanying Solarite. Multiple Lunaroid may appear, but there will also be multiple Solarite with them. Each pair operates in a set pattern; one dodges by orbiting the other, while the other attacks, then vice versa on their next actions. Which attacks first is random, but they never deviate from the pattern.

Area: Sharo, NAXA

Attack Damage/Effect: 20 Null + Beam Attack
Attack Accuracy: A
Attack Description: Launches lunar energy at a target with laser intensity.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): MoonRay1, Zenny
Special: OmniShoes
Special: Codependent: If its paired Solarite is deleted, it will check for any unpaired Solarite. If there is one, it will pair with it and begin their pattern anew. If there isn't, it will attack every action, and never dodge.
: 80 HP [OmniShoes] [Codependent] [Cracked] [West side of hole]
SolariteSolarite (Solarite)

A reddish space rock with a diameter of around two feet, that is always giving off a soft glow. Solarite NEVER appears without an accompanying Lunaroid. Multiple Solarite may appear, but there will also be multiple Lunaroid with them. Each pair operates in a set pattern; one dodges by orbiting the other, while the other attacks, then vice versa on their next actions. Which attacks first is random, but they never deviate from the pattern.

Attack Damage/Effect: 20 Null + Recover 10 x 3 Targets
Attack Accuracy: A
Attack Description: Launches solar energy at 3 targets. For every non-object target it successfully hits, it heals 10 HP.
Element: Fire
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): SunFlare1, Zenny
Special: OmniShoes
Special: Codependent: If its paired Lunaroid is deleted, it will check for any unpaired Lunaroid. If there is one, it will pair with it and begin their pattern anew. If there isn't, it will attack every action, and never dodge.
: 80 HP [OmniShoes] [Codependent] [Cracked] [West side of hole]
AshuraidAshuraid (Ashuraid)

The Ashuraid are a new strain of 6 foot tall semi-humanoid viruses with bodies made of durable metal alloys. Ashuraid viruses lack legs, and instead roll around on a 1 ton solid steel ball 1-foot in diameter that rests in a cupola. Rising from the top of the cupola is an alloy pillar that supports their smooth and curving metal bodies. The key defining feature of Ashuraid viruses are their half dozen free-floating arm segments constructed of an indestructible alloy. Three of these arms feature metallic rights hands, and the other three feature metallic left hands, thus they are differentiated. In combat, the virus will ball these hands up into fists, and launch volleys of rocket punches at their foes. The virus' helmeted head rests upon a short metallic rod-like neck with their faces hidden behind a metallic faceplate. The exception being their mouths, which are generally curved downwards in a permanent frown while in the presence of Navigators. It is speculated that Ashuraid are a hacked derivative of the Bladia viruses spliced together with fragments of other viruses and a healthy dose of battlechip program data. This would account for their size, strength, and malicious nature. Where and how this was possibly accomplished is unknown. Ashuraid viruses move and dodge at better than average speeds, although they rarely choose to dodge at all. Ashuraid viruses are ranged attackers, and prefer to hold the range open against their enemies as melee range attacks with their Impacting abilities generally render Counters useless. Ashuraids attack by launching their six free-floating indestructible alloy arms at one or more enemies in volleys of 3 rocket punches. It takes 3 arms to execute a MeteorKnucke attack, 3 to execute a Counter attack, and all 6 to execute their GiantHook attack. It takes roughly an action of cooldowm time after executing a long distance attack for the arms used in the attack to return to the Ashuraid's side. During this time, they may not execute a Counter Attack if they do not have enough arms available. Ergo if all 6 arms are either being used in an attack, or in cool-down following an attack or counter attack, the Ashuraid cannot use a Counter. The rest of their attacks do not require their arms to return to their side. The return feature is automatic, and does not require actions to perform. Ashuraid can move while attacking or defending, and are allowed to counter while dodging if enough arms are available. Setting a counter requires an action while executing one does not. Ashuraid are extremely heavy viruses that will sink like the lead weights they are in liquid, and they know it. They will avoid liquid terrain entirely, if possible, and will never appear near these types of naturally occurring terrain for this reason. Only an Ashuraid's body is damageable. Striking an Ashuraid's floating arms will not damage the virus or the arms themselves, no matter what you hit them with. The Ashuraids will not intentionally defend themselves with their arms outside of their Counter ability, which is nullified by Impact. Do not abuse this.

Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 5 Null + Impact + Break x 3 Fists
Primary Attack Description: Launches three rocket fists at distant opponents. Each fist may target individually, meaning multi-hit and/or multi-target both work up to a max of 3 punches.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: Counter vs Damage: 5 Null + Impact + Break x 2 Hits
Secondary Attack Accuracy: S (Block) / B (Counter)
Secondary Attack Description: Uses a trio of fists to block a non-Impact attack while executing a double punch counterstrike. Only two Counters may be active at any given time, and the virus must be physically able to execute a counter in order to use one. Counters work at any range. An action is required to set this effect, but no actions are required to execute the Counter when triggered, as it is automatic. Impact attacks nullify this Counter ability.
Tertiary Attack Damage/Effect: 5 Null + Impact + Break + LifeSword Range x 2 Attacks
Tertiary Attack Accuracy: B
Tertiary Attack Description: Sweeps the field with a salvo of flying fists from the left, and then the right. Does not damage friendlies, and may be executed at any range. The virus cannot use Counters while executing this attack.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): MeteorKnuckle1, Counter1, Zenny
Special: SuperArmor: Immunity to Knockback, Microburst, Pull, Gravity, and similar effects.
Special: HardCase: Damage is reduced by half until hit with a Break attack, at which time this effect is nullified and they take standard damage. Break does not deal extra damage.
: 100 HP [HardCase] [Normal] [North-West]
IronShieldIronShield (IronShield)

Area: SciLab, Dentech, Sharo, Netfrica, NetVegas

Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 10 Null + Blast2 x 3 Hts @ 2 Targets
Primary Attack Accuracy: C
Primary Attack Description: When the shield is lowered, it fires EnergyBombs from its twin mortars.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 15 Null + Break
Secondary Attack Description: When the shield is raised, it fires a wrecker from it's main gun.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): IronShield1, EnergyBomb, Zenny
Special: IronShield can defend against all non-Break attacks from the front or above.
- The virus may turn towards an attacker to keep itself defended.
- The virus may raise its shield over it's body to ward off aerial attacks as a free action. However, once the shield is raised, it must remain raised for 1 turn.
- The virus may lower its shield from the raised position to guard against frontal attacks as a free action. However, once the shield is lowered, it must remain lowered for 1 turn.
- This virus can move, but it's size and slow pace makes dodging impossible. It can turn quickly, however.
A: 120 HP [IronShield: Front] [Normal] [Directly in front of navis]
IronShieldIronShield (IronShield)

Area: SciLab, Dentech, Sharo, Netfrica, NetVegas

Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 10 Null + Blast2 x 3 Hts @ 2 Targets
Primary Attack Accuracy: C
Primary Attack Description: When the shield is lowered, it fires EnergyBombs from its twin mortars.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 15 Null + Break
Secondary Attack Description: When the shield is raised, it fires a wrecker from it's main gun.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): IronShield1, EnergyBomb, Zenny
Special: IronShield can defend against all non-Break attacks from the front or above.
- The virus may turn towards an attacker to keep itself defended.
- The virus may raise its shield over it's body to ward off aerial attacks as a free action. However, once the shield is raised, it must remain raised for 1 turn.
- The virus may lower its shield from the raised position to guard against frontal attacks as a free action. However, once the shield is lowered, it must remain lowered for 1 turn.
- This virus can move, but it's size and slow pace makes dodging impossible. It can turn quickly, however.
B: 120 HP [IronShield: Front] [Normal] [Directly in front of navis]
BluegonBluegon (Bluegon)

: 200 HP [Missing]

-- Navis --
Eternalis.EXE: 600 HP (Overhealer/Panacea) [Snow]
Aurora.EXE: 100 HP (Tag Along/One for All) [Snow]
Sparky.SP: 60 HP (High Gear/Overclock) [Snow]
Lyntael.EXE: 150 HP (Gust/Turbulence) [Snow]

-- Terrain --
20% Snow [Starting area]
40% Normal [Everywhere else]
5% Ice [Patch among the Normal]
30% Cracked [Around hole in the center]
5% Missing [Hole in the center]