Working from Home [Online]

Zetaman held his chest where the blast had struck him. Certainly, doubting his opponent in the last moment was a poor choice, but he couldn't help himself. He grinned a bit though, having expected that his opponent would not be so weak. He moved forward, leaving his protective Magnetic tiles, but crowding his foe. They'd be down nearly to melee unless one of them returned to the magnetized side of the grounds. A wave of energy crossed over him an recharged the wound from the shotgun partially, just as he had a chip download from Vita. He whipped his buster forward as if to aim with a cannon, a feint as a ball of cactus matter rolled towards his opponent.

Not completely expecting his attack to work, he prepared to dodge from a return attack, regardless of its nature.

Actions
1: Static Charge Signature Attack: Zetaman (Restores 30 Damage)
2: Cactball1 Battle Chip: DarkSpiritZero (20 Wood Damage x 2 - 4 hits + Ground)
3: Dodge
"JORDAN, SEND ME THE CANNON! I HAVE A PLAN!" DarkSpiritZero.EXE exclaimed proudly, "THOSE MAGNET PANELS HAVE A POSITIVE CONDUCTION RATE."

A positive what?

"IF I HIT THEM WITH ENOUGH NEGATIVE SOUL CHARGE POWER, THE FIELD MIGHT INVERSE AND MAKE AN EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE."

Zetaman was completely lost at this point and reacted by ignoring those words and focussed on healing himself.

A basic Cannon promptly took shape on DarkSpiritZero's arm but began to churn with the familiar echo of his signature move, "NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN MY ATTACK TWICE AND LIVED TO TELL ABOUT IT! YOU CAN'T ESCAPE THIS TIME! HAVE ANOTHER TASTE OF MY NEGATIVE CRUSH ZONE ENDER!"

The Cannon drew strange black streaks into itself, prompting Zetaman to try and dodge rather than use his Cactball right away. It was a good idea as the heavy blast exploded past where Zetaman had been standing, striking the edge of the magnetic terrain in a condensed black sphere. DarkSpiritZero grinned maliciously as he stared into the charred spot on the floor where his attack had landed and waited.

...And waited.

Zetaman's Cactball rolled by casually.

"ARGH!" DarkSpiritZero groaned as he slapped his forehead, "I FORGOT TO CALIBRATE THE SYSTEM CIRCUIT MANUALS BEFORE I FIRED! STUPID!"

DarkSpiritZero.EXE: 1 HP

Terrain: 50% Normal, 50% Magnet

Zetaman: 100 HP
"This is getting ridiculous." Zetaman pointed out crossing his arms and narrowing his eyes at his opponent.

"That must be it!" Vita called out, causing her Navi's expression to twist in confusion. "You're not able to defeat his because he's too ridiculous!" Zetaman was about to respond with a rather scathing comment, but he was quickly cut off. "No no no, listen, listen. We've got to play his game if we want to beat him... Now, listen closely." Vita said, whispering something into the PET and causing a grimace to cross Zetaman's face.

"DarkSpiritZero!" Zetaman said, suddenly going into a crane pose and then spreading his legs into a horse stance. "You have engaged me in honourable combat and..." He stopped for a moment and complained under his voice, but obviously lost the momentary argument. "And you have fought well!" He continued, half-rolling his eyes. "Now, you have forced my hand in this battle, this which I must take most serious... now. As such, I will unleash onto you my most powerful attack, the devastating... really...? The devastating Hyper Zetawave Cannon... Epsilon!" He roared, posing once more.

"DarkSpiritZero! I wish to test the mettle of your own techniques! Do you think you can do battle with me?" He let out a sigh and raised his arms, obviously preparing some kind of attack. "Now, face off against me or leave this battlefield in shame!" He moved just close enough to be without a full instance of movement. "HYYYYYYPER ZEEEEEEEEETAWAAAAAAAVE..." He started, allowing his own opponent to prepare himself. "CAAAAANOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN..." He continued, finally finishing in a flash. "Epsilon!" He slammed his hands into the ground, sending up a large wave of green. In the moment, it would be incredibly difficult to tell that it was little more than a shockwave chip.

"Now Zeta, just like I told you!" Vita yelled into her PET, practically bouncing in her seat.

Zetaman leapt forward quickly, moving around the clash of the two attacks. He wasn't one hundred percent sure if his opponent would stand there or dodge the attack, but he was 100% focused on making sure that he knew where his opponent was. After he twisted around the two attacks, he immediately jumped towards his opponent, his fist raised back. All he knew was that he needed Vita's idea to work. "Zetaman... PUNCH!!" He called out, slamming his fist at the other Navi.

Actions
1: Shockwave Battle Chip: DarkSpiritZero (40 Damage + Line + Pierce + Ground)
2: Dodge + Movement
3: Zetaman Punch Epic Basic Attack: DarkSpiritZero (1 Epic-Type Damage)
At Zetaman's challenge, DarkSpiritZero looked fired up and ready to accept.

"COME ON JORDAN! LOOKS LIKE WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO GET REALLY SERIOUS. FOR REAL." The navi snapped and held out his right arm.

A flash of light shot from his wrist as a layer of blades snapped into place over his fingers. It was a basic Rageclaw.

"I HOPE YOU HAVE GOOD ARMOUR!" He laughed and leapt into action.

Zetaman didn't want to admit it but with the new melee weapon, DarkSpiritZero actually seemed faster and more competent. He easily evaded the Shockwave with an explosive sidestep and zipped right past Zetaman before he could properly react. The feeling of the claw swipe only came after he had turned to face his opponent again. It was possible that DarkSpiritZero's specialty was actually in wielding swords.

"HOW IS IT? MY REAPER BLADE NEEDS MORE BLOOD TO BE SATISFIED!" He boasted.

Despite what he called it, it still looked like a Rageclaw.

"DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE!" He shouted while rushing Zetaman in a flurry of one-handed swipes.

It was a longshot but his opponent was at critical health. If he could only deal enough damage to finish him off, it would immediately end this farce of a battle. So rather than backing off, Zetaman rushed in with his fist pulled back.

"WHAT!?" exclaimed DarkSpiritZero, surprised by the counterintuitive action.

The Rageclaw whiffed over Zetaman's head as he ducked down and delivered his final punch into his opponent's gut. He could hear the wind being knocked out of DarkSpiritZero as he reeled from the blow and lurched back.

"URGH, IT LOOKS LIKE YOU LUCKED YOUR WAY THROUGH THIS ROUND." DarkSpiritZero scoffed as his body began to decompile from the minor scratch on his uniform, "VERY WELL, I NOW CONSIDER YOU MY GREATEST RIVAL AND ALLOW YOU TO USE MY CROS-"

The navi's line was cut short as he was forced to jack out. In his wake, he left behind some of his recently earned zenny and some chip data. It wasn't much but he didn't seem all that advanced. In addition to the resources, there appeared to be a partially downloaded file that could be used as a GMO, but not much else.

DarkSpiritZero.EXE: EJO

Terrain: 50% Normal, 50% Magnet

Zetaman: 60 HP

[Battle 5 - Victory!]

Get: 625z + Cannon + DarkSpiritZeroCross.GMO ((Bonus GMO that looks like him))
Zetaman swiped towards the exposed data and caused it to disappear in a ray of light back to the PET. He'd bother to check the data later, but for right now he just wanted a break. "I don't know how that worked, but it did." He commented, sitting down. "I can't believe that your kind of ideas were needed for once."

"Aw, Zeddy, you don't mean that." Vita said, checking out some of the data. "You know that you and me work best together. That's not something I can just program into you either." Vita added, eating a stick of pocky.

"You should have programmed someone else in when we came here. I can't tell what the hell I am anymore." Zetaman told her, pulling himself up and looking towards a path deeper into the network. He waited for a bit but didn't hear a response. "Vita, you still there?" He asked, annoyed.

"I'm here." Vita said, some kind of emotion hidden in her voice. "I'm okay, just... Just keep going, I'm here." She said quietly. There was a click as she loaded in some data and Zetaman felt his energy return and his armour repair due to an energy pack. Zetaman shrugged and walked off into the network, ready for another fight.

[Battle Six Welcome!]
((Next time, please note that you used an MiniEnergyPack rather than explaining it in the RP post. This is so that us mods won't make a mistake ^^))

ZetaMan sought out for a fight, and a fight he was given. It wasn't long before the navi met with a row of viruses, three pairs of distinct types. One was a heavily armored virus, other a mechanized grasshopper, and the last one was...simply a Scarecrow. This shouldn't be too much trouble, right? Especially with the SOUL OF DARKSPIRITZERO residing within ZetaMan, the viruses will go down!

ArmadillA: 100 HP
ArmadillB: 100 HP
MagneakerA: 70 HP
MagneakerB: 70 HP
ScarecrowA: 100 HP
ScarecrowB: 100 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

ZetaMan: 110 HP

-BATTLE SIX, START!-
Zetaman stood to the side as the virii came into view, narrowing his eyes at them and seeing what kinds they were. "Three kinds we haven't seen before." Vita pointed out, focusing on the screen and then pulling away again to go through her chips. "I guess we should stick with what we know and try to figure them all out. Right?" She suggested, loading in a couple of the chips.

"I don't need your suggestions." Zetaman pointed out, crossing his arms. "Well, you are right though. We'll see what we can figure out." He said, loading up his first chip and heading towards the group of virii. He shot out to the side as he got close to the virus line, forming the ball of cactus into his hand and shooting it forward at one of the Scarecrow. Hoping that his movements had shaken them up a bit, he lowered one hand to the tiles below in order to skid to a halt and swung his arm around. He launched out spray of energy at the armoured enemies, the shotgun chip capable of deflecting from one virus to another and still dealing considerable damage.

Zetaman gripped his fingers in the tiles below himself and tensed his legs. He was ready for an attack from any of the virii and would throw himself out of the way when he needed to.

Actions
1: Cactball1 Battle Chip: ScarecrowB (20 Wood Damage x 2 - 4 hits + Ground)
2: Shotgun Battle Chip: ArmadillA + ArmadillB (50 Damage + Spread 1)
3: Dodge prep
One Scarecrow was outed easily with three strikes of a cactus, and the two Armadill got a taste of Zetaman's shotgun. Not to be deterred, a lightning bolt struck the remaining Scarecrow, making it release a large lightning bolt towards Zetaman, which was too fast for him to dodge (30). The Magneakers released a couple of bombs, which were easy to spot, and therefore sidestep. The Armadill curled up into a ball in preparation for attack.

ArmadillA: 50 HP
ArmadillB: 50 HP
MagneakerB: 70 HP
ScarecrowB: DELETED

ZetaMan: 80 HP
"Zed, you're not going to be able to defeat them all by holding back like this. You need to get some spirit, like that guy you just beat." Vita pointed out, loading in some chips. "Try to put some effort in, okay? Loading in Zetaclaw!" She called out, popping in the Rageclaw chip and sending the data.

"I'm not some form of entertainment." Zetaman said casually, activating the massive claw. It hung across his body as he took a look at his options, covering most of his frame. "I'll show you how a real Navi fights instead." He told her.

Zetaman ran towards the virii with the claw trailing behind him, the blades almost touching the ground now and then. He was headed right towards the Magneakers and suddenly stabbed the claw forward in order to twist the weapon around. He could almost palm the virus, but instead he splayed out the paw and gave it a mighty push into the air, slamming it again with the paw to send it flying at the rolled-up Armadill. Like a stream of silver light his claw blades were already on the move again, cupping around the second Magneaker to send it flying into the twin Armadill. He covered his body with the claw again in a defensive posture, as if he was about to catch a large ball.

Instead of focusing on such a defense, however, he prompted loaded down another chip, causing the mighty shield of Guard One to form on his other arm. He placed it neatly between himself and the Scarecrow and felt himself well defended and in a good position to react to the outcome of his moves. A grin cracked over his face as he looked slightly backwards as if Vita was behind him. "How's that? Entertaining, isn't it."

Actions
1: Rageclaw Battle Chip: MagneakerA thrown at ArmadillA (20 Damage + Impact)
2: Rageclaw Battle Chip: MagneakerB thrown at ArmadillB (20 Damage + Imapct)
3: Guard1 Battle Chip: ScarecrowA (Blocks attack and reflects up to 60 damage)
((RNG was not kind.))

Zetaman's claw push wasn't fast enough to catch the first Magneaker in its grip but was able to catch the second one easily. The virus was thrown at one of the Armadills but bounced off comically as both armoured viruses were already rolling towards him. Zetaman's Guard was crushed like paper by the deadly viruses leaving him open to more attacks. One of the Magneakers lobbed a bomb that landed close enough to catch him in its hold, which was followed by a pair of ramming attacks from the viruses, anxious to get their revenge. The Scarecrow, whose attack was anticipated, did not attack.

The situation was dire as Zetaman barely hung onto life.

MagneakerB: 50 HP

ZetaMan: 10 HP [rageclaw: 4 uses] [stun: -1 action]
"You're right. That was entertaining." Vita said, the thickest possible sarcasm oozing through her words to almost directly wound the Navi. He coughed and pulled himself up, his data shaken to the core by the attacks. He slumped back down to one knee and groaned as he worked to pull himself up again. Deciding his best course of action, a wave of energy moved from the tiles centered around the Navi onto him, recharging enough energy to at least let him stand.

"That's not funny, Vita." Zetaman said a little angrily, still shaken by the impact from the attacks. "I'm not going to lose another fight so soon." He used the large Rageclaw to keep himself a little more stable, but it was still detracting from his battle options.

"I'm worried about you Zed, you take this all too seriously." Vita responded, holding the PET close. "I'm going to set you to escape before you get hurt again."

"No! I'm not going to run away. That other Navi didn't run away, and I'm not going to lose so soon afterwards!" Zetaman yelled at her. Crossing his arms. He didn't have much time for action, but he readied himself to dodge one of the incoming attacks. Maybe, just maybe, if he moved out of the way at the right time, he could cause the virii to hit one another with their attacks. He didn't focus on the rollers, a bad idea, but he wasn't sure if they'd come back around at him. He needed to dodge those bombs, though if those two met... Hm. Still, that Scarecrow was shooting in a straight line, and if he dodge out of the way at the right time... Zetaman sighed, he merely had to keep himself out of trouble for one more attack, and his next moves may still be his last regardless.

Actions
1: Static Charge Signature Attack: Zetaman (Restores 30 HP)
2: Dodge Prep

-1 Action due to Stun
Zetaman healed himself up to prep himself for what was to come, cautiously watching the viruses. The Armadills unrolled their shells after their rolling attack, and began to take a breather. The Magneakers still tried to shoot their magnetically-charged explosives at him, but their bombs were easily dodged, seeing as they moved slowly through the air and were easily visible. The Scarecrow had yet another lightning bolt strike it and fired a quick shot towards Zetaman. Fortunately, he was lucky enough to see the attack and dodge that as well.

The Armadills started to roll up again, in preparation of attack. Having not attacked now, Zetaman had better think of something fast, or risk yet another EJO.

ZetaMan: 40 HP [RageClaw: 4 uses]
"Zed! Behind you!" Vita warned, causing Zetaman to look back at the Armadills again. The last time they had rolled up, they had proved themselves almost completely unstoppable. "We've gotta stop them somehow!" She pointed out.

"Bolt Towers takes too long to charge, and I've got too many opponents to waste that time." Zetaman pointed out, looking at his opponents. "Give me that bee chip and I'll see what I can do." He said, finding it downloaded almost instantly. He opened his hand - the one that wasn't a giant bladed paw - and a hornet virus appeared above him. It shot towards the Scarecrow, dead-set on stinging the virus quickly.

Once the attack had even left his hand, he was charging back towards the Magneakers. Sure, coming that close might cause him some problems if they could just hit him in the face with the bombs, or maybe it'd be easier due to the higher arc of the lob. He slashed out at the first one he came across in an crescent of silver blades, then tensed his body. Regardless of the bombs, his real point of running to them was staying out of the way of the Armadills. At least for a little bit. When he felt them bearing down on him, he prepped to jump out of the way, hopefully causing the virii to clash with one another. Hoping, just like Vita was.

Actions
1: Arrow1 Battle Chip: ScarecrowA (100 Electric Damage + 5 Elemental Damage Bonus + Homing)
2: RageClaw Battle Chip 3/6: MagneakerA (40 Damage + Slashing)

[Cooldown on Static Charge: Ready]
Zetaman set his Elebee against the Scarecrow in an attempt to take care of it in one shot before turning to face the Magneaker with his Rageclaw readied. It was a huge shock, literally and figuratively, when he was struck by a bolt of lightning. He turned to face the Scarecrow, only to find the Elebee firmly embedded in the virus, providing it with energy rather than deleting it. The Armadills continued to roll ahead but were avoided by a quick sidestep. Zetaman continued to follow through with his original plan and raked across the Magneaker with another Rageclaw swipe further reducing its durability. The other lobbed a bomb but arced it too high to hit anything.

MagneakerA: 20 HP

ZetaMan: 10 HP [RageClaw: 3 uses]
"You'd think that a virus that attacks by getting struck by lightning would get hurt by electricity, huh?" Vita said, loading in a new chip. "Try this. While you're so close to everyone you might as well try to use that to your advantage." She told him. Zetaman sneered a little but didn't have time to get too moody. He immediately slammed his hand in front of him and caused a Shockwave to rise up between himself and the Magneaker. The Navi had positioned himself so that the two bomber Virii were between himself and the distance Armadills, hoping that his Shockwave could reach them before they turned around.

"Any other brilliant plans while I flounder?" Zetaman asked, getting to his feet and moving over to the Scarecrow. He wondered if getting rid of that bee was possible or even useful, but it wouldn't matter much as he didn't have the time to use it. His now oft-used Static Charge caused a wave of energy to focus in on him before he reached his target. When he finally got to the Scarecrow, his first thought was to slash it, but he second was to worry more about the bigger picture. He rolled around the virus in order to put it between him and the rest of the virii, then he kept an eye on the battle in front of him. He didn't think the Armadills would get him from their current position, so his real concern where the stunning bombs of the Magneakers and, of course, if the Scarecrow turned around and blasted him in the face.

Actions
1: Shockwave Battle Chip: MagneakerA, MagneakerB, ArmadillA, ArmadillB (40 Damage + Line + Piercing + Ground)
2: Static Charge Signature Technique: Zetaman (Heals 30 Damage)
Zetaman quickly used his familiar Shockwave attack to destroy the enemy lines, deleting one Magneaker and taking a chunk off of two other viruses, an Armadill and the other Magneaker. The surviving Magneaker lobbed a bomb his way again, but the explosive was launched a bit too close. The Scarecrow did its thing again and got struck by lightning, firing yet another blast towards Zetaman. He sidestepped it easily enough. The Armadills got ready for attack, and rolled up into the familiar balls once more.

ArmadillB: 10 HP
MagneakerA: DELETED
MagneakerB: 10 HP

ZetaMan: 40 HP [RageClaw: 3 uses]
"Those damned rolling tanks just don't want to give me a break, do they?" Zetaman said, looking at the Armadills that were once more on their way towards him. "Too bad I don't have anything cut through their shells, huh?" He asked, eying the Scarecrow directly before him.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Vita asked, smiling a little. She sat up to watch the action on the PET more closely, a little excited by the combat once more.

"Well, it could work." He commented. He stepped right up to the Scarecrow and tried to wrap his RageClaw around it. After all, the electrical menace was stuck to the ground by a stick. His intent, should it succeed, was to drag the virus right out of the ground and toss him in front of the incoming Armadills. If he could throw one of his Bolt Towers accurately, why not this fellow? "Lets see how well these guys get together." He pointed out, standing so that he would be ready to dodge any counter attacks or ensuing dangers from his little plan. Once he had been forced to reposition himself, if at all, he quickly used his Static Charge to reinforce his armour once more - certain it was a slow means of recovery, but it would protect him worst case.

Actions
1: RageClaw Battle Chip Use 4/6: ScarecrowA thorwn at ArmadillA, ArmadillB (20 Damage + Impact)
2: Dodge prep
3: Static Charge Signature Attack: Zetaman (Recovers 30 Damage)
The Armadills were not deterred by the Scarecrow being flung at them and rampaged past it but missed Zetaman by a mile. However, the Scarecrow did not take too kindly to being thrown and shocked Zetaman again with a bolt of lightning that was patched up with a quick Static Charge. The Scarecrow didn't seem to be all that damaged after attacking although it was lying on its side now. The Magneaker didn't attack and simply tended to its wounds.

MagneakerB: 10 HP

ZetaMan: 40 HP [RageClaw: 2 uses]
(Should the Scarecrow have taken damage from being thrown?)

"I think you disable that scarecrow." Vita said, tilting her head to look at the downed virus. "It looks... It looks kind of pitiful there, don't you think? Actually, how was that thing moving earlier?" She asked in wonder.

"I don't care." Zetaman said, heading towards the downed opponent. "He has enough kick left in him to attack, and that's too much." He dragged his claw along the ground and ran over the scarecrow, trying to slash across it deeply with the Rageclaw. A crack formed on the back of his weapon, letting him know that its durability had almost run out. Zetaman swiped at the ground again, trying to knock the Scarecrow across the ground and into the Magneaker.

The Rageclaw shattered from his hand into digital data and he clicked his tongue. "We're running a little low on chips Vita, aren't we?" He commented, looking to all of his enemies and stepping back. He crouched his legs a bit so he'd be able to jump out of the way of an incoming roll, bomb or lightning bolt - he hoped. "Send me some of what we've got left when you can." He added sarcastically, unamused by his lack of preparation.

Actions
1: Rageclaw Battle Chip Use 5/6: Scarecrow A (40 Damage + Slashing)
2: Rageclaw Battle Chip Use 6/6: Scarecrow A thrown at MagneakerA (20 Damage + Impact)
The immobilized Scarecrow was easy pickings for the last two attacks from Zetaman's Rageclaw but it was still tough enough to survive the attacks. The same could not be said for the Magneaker who was deleted after being struck by its ally's limp body. The Armadills began to skittered their feet and prepared for another charging run.

MagneakerB: DELETED
ScarecrowA: 40 HP

ZetaMan: 40 HP