Working from Home [Online]

The Elebee tries again, lunging at Zetaman, but he readied himself with a Guard and reflected the attack back at it, then zapped it with a good dose of electricity, deleting it.

ZetaMan.EXE: 120 HP

Villains:
ElebeeA: Died
BillyA: Died
PowieA: Died
PowieB: Died

Neutral Stuff:
Bolt TowerA: 10 HP
Bolt TowerB: 10 HP
Bolt TowerC: 10 HP

Terrain:
100% Metal [Everywhere]

Battle 3 - Victory!!
Rewards:
- 180z
- THIS ROCKIN' [Arrow1] BATTLECHIP
Zetaman flipped the new chip in his hand as it quickly digitized after the end of the battle. "What did you think about that?" He asked, looking back to Vita, who could see his expression. Rather, she would have seen it if she was paying any attention, a fact that he soon realised. "Are the BBSes that interesting?" He asked, walking further into the network.

"Yeah, they're pretty cool." Vita commented, typing up a storm. "There's a bunch for modders and operators and battlers and all kinds of things. There's also some really weird ones lately, I think there's some kind of rivalry going on locally." She added. Vita smiled and looked to the PET. "Are you lonely without me talking lots, Zeddy?" She asked.

"No." Zetaman stated bluntly, walking quietly away and looking back only once or twice.

[Battle Four Welcome!]
[1.5 day bump]
Zetaman soon stumbled across another group of viruses assaulting the landscape. While two yellow Swordies hacked away at a building, a single Momogra was seen digging away at its foundations. Bringing up the rear, two Catacks launched a twin cannon barrage on the structure, collapsing the entire thing easily. The demolition crew was about to move on when they spotted Zetaman's approach.

CatackA: 120 HP
CatackB: 120 HP
Momogra: 60 HP
Swordy-EA: 80 HP
Swordy-EB: 80 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

[Battle 4 - Begin!]
"Well well, what do we have here?" Zetaman asked, looking at the group of virii that were tearing apart the network's elements. He wasn't really sure what the structures might mean to the real world, but then again, he didn't really care. He had just set his sights on a group of virii and was ready to make sure they didn't leave the battlefield. "Vita, Guard and that... That cactus." He said, a little weirded out by his need for it.

He kept himself in a good position to start, kneeling down to touch the tile beneath him. He activated his Navicust and spread a massive wave of data across the field, transforming most of the normal tiles into magnetic ones. He made sure to direct it to catch the Momogra position in particular. Once that was done, he activated his first chip, firing off a rolling ball of plant matter that headed towards the first of the pair of virus swordsmen. Once that was done, he immediately ducked behind a suddenly appearing shield, ready for the counter attacks to his actions.

Actions
1: Activate NaviCust program SetMagnet
2: Cactball1 Battle Chip: Swordy-EA (20 Wood Damage x 2 to 4 Attacks + Ground)
3: Guard1 Battle Chip: (Defends and reflects up to 60 damage)
Zetaman's magnetic panels spread out from the Momogra's hole and expanded out. The two Swordies were also caught in the terrain change but they seemed to be less affected. A Cactball bounded forward but something strange happened. As it touched down on the magnets, the heavy field that they projected was wiped clean reverting it back to normal. It managed to crush the Swordy, ravaging its armour like paper while the other one advanced. It stopped before reached melee range but still struck with a long swipe of its blade. The attack was deflected by a Guard just in the nick of time and was countered with a glancing blow against the virus.

Meanwhile, the Momogra spun around in a few circles in its hole before being ejected out of its hole in a painful manner. The Catacks slowly rotated along their treads to change targets and take aim at the navi.

CatackA: 120 HP
CatackB: 120 HP
Momogra: 10 HP [magnet]
Swordy-EA: DELETED
Swordy-EB: 60 HP [magnet]

Terrain: 65% Normal, 35% Magnet

"Shockwave, quick!" Zetaman called out, jumping to the side and rolling so that he could get a different angle on the Swordy in front of him. He quickly activated the chip and blasted off the first wave of the attack at point blank against him. Naturally, he hadn't moved around the Swordy just for that attack. From the angle he had placed the attack to pass through the swordsman and towards the tanks in the background. "Now, uh, Arrow." He added, quickly firing out a bee that curved up into the air and began to chase down its target, one of the tanks.

He watched his opponent in front of him, knowing that his attack wasn't enough to stop him from sending a slashing counter back. It was doubtful that the tanks would end up shooting their buddy instead of the Navi, he needed to spend his energy as best he could. He waited until the most dangerous attack came his way, and then prepared to dodge it as best he could.

Actions
1: Shockwave Battle Chip: Swordy-EB, CatankA, CatankB (40 Damage + Line + Piercing + Ground)
2: Arrow1 Battle Chip: CatankA (100 Electric Damage + 5 Element bonus damage + Homing)
3: Dodge
Zetaman's Shockwave attack hit true as the Catacks advanced forward to meet his gaze. Then, he released the bee, which took care of one tank, but not the other. The Catack's miniature driver bellowed a war cry as its barrel shot a round towards Zetaman. He did manage to evade it, but its resulting explosive round he could not. (60) The Momogra was still a bit dazed, and simply went up to Zetaman without attacking. The Swordy, however, was comfortable with its range, and struck out with its blade, which missed on account of Zetaman's dodge.

CatackA: DELETED
CatackB: 80 HP
Momogra: 10 HP [magnet]
Swordy-EB: 20 HP [magnet]

ZetaMan.EXE: 60 HP
"Zapring and Shotgun." Zetaman called, rolling out of the way of the swordy's continued slash attacks. It was unfortunate that he hadn't met a Catack before, otherwise he would have known about the explosive qualities of the shells they fired. "Damnit." He swore to himself, activating one of his more emergency techniques. A wave of static focused in on him and the burst of energy began to repair the cracks in his armour and frame.

After looking after himself, he reached out to the distance with his buster and aimed to the tank far away. His buster transformed and he launched a spinning electrical ring into the distance at the tank, his weapon quickly returning to its normal form as he swung it towards the other immediate virus. He blasted out a strong shot of energy that sprayed additional rounds to not only hopefully hit the Swordy but also the Momogra. There was no time to dodge right now, but hopefully his simple plan would work out.

Actions
1: Static Charge Signature Attack: Zetaman (Heals 30 Damage)
2: Zapring1 Battle Chip: CatackB (40 Electric Damage + 5 Element Bonus + Stun 1)
3: Shotgun Battle Chip: Swordy-EB + Momogra (50 Damage + Spread 1)
Zetaman healed himself using a static charge technique, patching up some of the wounds he had and making it seem as though he had hardly been damaged. Then, as the Catack advanced, Zetaman prevented the attack from happening by stunning it, stopping it dead in its tracks. Then, the Momogra, helpless on the ground, tried to whack Zetaman on the ground as a last ditch effort, but his shotgun quickly took care of it, along with the Swordy which had just begun to lift its sword.

CatackB: 35 HP
Momogra: DELETED
Swordy-EB: DELETED

ZetaMan.EXE: 90 HP
Zetaman raised his buster to aim at the opponent in the distance. "Cannon chip." He said calmly, his buster transforming and expanding into a larger weapon as he narrowed his sights. He shot off a single quick blast and stood his ground in order to keep his positioning. He then watched his opponent, having seen how wide the explosion of the shots were, he felt that he could dodge out of the way of the attack completely with enough warning, if his attack didn't connect.

Actions
1: Take Aim at CatackB with Cannon
2: Cannon Battle Chip: CatackB (40 Damage + Knockback)
3: Prepared to Dodge
KABOOM. Win.

CatackB: DELETED
Momogra: DELETED
Swordy-EB: DELETED

ZetaMan.EXE: 90 HP

[Battle 4 - Victory!]

Get: 600z
"Ah, another good fight." Zetaman said, pulling himself up and checking around himself. No sign of chips, which seemed like a real shame. Regardless, he headed along the network's paths, happy that he had stopped some of the destruction of the surroundings.

[Battle Five Welcome!]
Zetaman finds a normalnavi clad in dark armour rolling and dodging around a trio of metools. They don't seem amused by his tactics and unnecessary actions but are still deleted by a few well aimed gunshots.

"HAHA! THAT WAS TOO EASY!" blared the strange navi, "I AM THE STRONGEST NETFIGHTER IN THE NET WORLD!"

He noticed Zetaman's approach and immediately pointed to him with an outstretched finger, "ALRIGHT! A HEELNAVI! LET'S FINISH HIM QUICKLY, JORDAN QUICKSILVER!"

Zetaman assumed that must be his operator's name.

The mysterious navi struck a dramatic pose before spouting more introductory nonsense, "YOU CAN'T BEAT ME, BECAUSE DARKSPIRITZERO.EXE IS THE STRONGEST NETFIGHTER IN THE NET WORLD."

DarkSpiritZero.EXE: 100 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

Zetaman: 90 HP

[Battle 5 - Begin!]
"What did you call me?" Zetaman said darkly, gripping his hand and glaring at the other Navi. He had never before met one in the net before, but he certainly didn't take kindly to being outright insulted. He was about to throw back some choice words that might have suggested possibilities of the Navi's parentage or numerous life choices, but he was quickly stopped.

"I heard him too, Zed." A voice came in, calming him down through it raised his scruff to hear. "I'll look after the chips, you know what to do."

Zetaman's first thought was to tear down the other Navi in a single shot, but he soon realised that if there were any defenses, he would be in immediate trouble. He began instead by charging up his lost energy to make sure he was in peak form, followed by activating his Navicust and causing a wave of magnetic tiles to form across the battlefield. Vita sent down the first chip, and after spending his time attacking he covered his body with the large shield of a Guard1 chip, ready to reflect back if needed.

Actions
1: Static Charge Signature Technique: Zetaman (Heals 30 Damage)
2: SetMagnet NaviCust program.
3: Guard1 Battle Chip: DarkSpiritZero.EXE (Blocks attack and reflects up to 60 damage)
"DODGE!" DarkSpiritZero shouted as he rolled to the side dramatically.

Zetaman watched his opponent leapt and dance about, but he couldn't care less as he just healed himself with a minor electrical boost. It felt like he was fighting a 12 year old.

He hadn't even moved when DarkSpiritZero cried out, "DODGE AGAIN." performing an aerial backflip and a few other superfluous acrobatic movements.

This time, the evasive maneuvers actually came in handy as Zetaman's magnetic panels didn't catch up to him in time.

DarkSpiritZero, enthusiastic and brimming with overconfidence pointed his buster at Zetaman while adding, "ALRIGHT! GET READY FOR MY ULTIMATE ATTACK!"

A well of black energy built up in the buster's chamber, drawing shadowy motes from the network's ambience. The charge quickly reached a climax as he prepared to fire the greatest weapon in his arsenal.

"EAT THIS! NEGATIVE CRUSH ZONE ENDER!" He boasted before firing the blast of... Whatever it was.

Zetaman materialized a Guard and watched the black ball bound off of it and bounce right back into DarkSpiritZero's face, knocking him backwards.

"WHAT? NO WAY! TH- THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!" He stammered, staggering back to his feet. It looked as if he was about to cry.

DarkSpiritZero.EXE: 40 HP

Terrain: 50% Normal, 50% Magnet

Zetaman: 120 HP [magnet]
Zetaman grinned a little bit by the shock of the other Navi, though at the same time he wasn't too sure if this was all a ploy or not. His next chips loaded in, and he grinned a bit and whipped up his buster. Immediately, a ring of electricity blasted forward towards his opponent, and Zetaman followed up by preparing himself to dodge a counter attack. After waiting through the next few movement, he twisted his buster towards DarkSpiritZero and blasted off a second attack, a simple Cannon blast this time.

Actions
1: ZapRing1 Battle Chip: DarkSpiritZero.exe (40 Electric Damage + 5 Elemental Bonus + Stun 1)
2: Dodge
3: Cannon Battle Chip: DarkSpiritZero.exe (40 Damage + Knockback)
"COME ON, JORDAN, DO SOMETHING!!"

DarkSpiritZero was still shocked from his (reflected) attack, but his face turned back to his blindly egotistical expression as he started to laugh. "I, DARKSPIRITZERO, THE STRONGEST NETBATTLER IN THIS NET WORLD, WILL BRING YOU DOWN WITH MY DEVASTATING SKILLS!"

ZetaMan cowered in fear as DarkSpiritZero's harsh, enigmatic word trembled his very own soul. In pure panic and hesitation, he fired the electric donuts, but it was no use. The awesomeness, that is the DarkSpiritZero, simply took the attack head on and scoffed, making ZetaMan's anxiety heighten. "FOOLISH ACTION, PEASANT WORM. NOW FEEL THE WRATH OF DARKSPIRITZERO."

((Just before the zapring was about to his DarkSpiritZero, he was JUST able to activate his Shield NCP to block off the attack. Truly, a last second act.))

Lifting his right demonic arm, that's been said to slay thousands of metools in cold blood, a giant inferno that literally covered the sky sprouted out from his palm. Everything around the king of the netbattlers began to melt into one big mush, but the navi was just fine. "BURN IN AN ETERNAL FLAME!" DarkSpiritZero tilted his arm further back and, in just seconds, appeared in front of ZetaMan and struck the inferno right against his face. ZetaMan's face exploded and there was nothing left of the navi.

((Firing his Heatshot, he was confident that his attack would hit. However, DarkSpiritZero turned around before he could check if the attack made its mark or not. He honestly thought his attack was hit, when the truth was that ZetaMan easily dodged the obvious attack.))

"NOTHING STAND AGAINST DARKSPIRITZERO, NOTHING!!!!!"

((Just as he went on boasting, he was shot in the back by ZetaMan's Cannon. Barely surviving thanks to its undershirt, DarkSpiritZero was laying on the ground, completely silent...))

DarkSpiritZero.EXE: 1 HP

Zetaman: 120 HP [Magnet]
Zetaman raised his buster and aimed at his opponent, when Vita suddenly spoke up. "Come on Zed, you've shown him enough. You don't want to cause him any real trouble, right?" Vita said, sounding pretty mopey even though Zetaman wasn't looking at her.

"The way he acted, he deserves to suffer. He took on an opponent, which is honourable, but the way he acted cannot excuse his need for defeat. Such a proud opponent, not causing him to jack out would only be worse than doing so." Zetaman said grimly. "He fought to the last and deserves the honour of defeat."

"Zed..." Vita responded softly. "Are you talking about that last fight back in ACDC...?

Zetaman only responded by blasting off his buster repeatedly at the downed Navi.

Actions
1: Buster Attack: DarkSpiritZero.exe (4 Damage)
2: Buster Attack: DarkSpiritZero.exe (4 Damage)
3: Buster Attack: DarkSpiritZero.exe (4 Damage)
"HAH! I'M NOT SO EASILY DEFEATED!" DarkSpiritZero cried out and hopped to his feet, "YOU CAN'T BEAT MY SPEED! I'LL RUN CIRCLES AROUND YOU"

As he finished his taunt and wiped his eyes, he began to sprint around the large magnetic zone Zetaman had set up around himself. It was a light jog at best, but it was still difficult to hit a moving target and Zetaman's buster shots weren't quite as accurate as he had hoped.

Even as he ran, he never stopped talking, "YOU THINK YOU CAN BEAT ME WITH THAT? YOU'RE NO MATCH FOR MY POWER! I'M FROM THE UNDERNET!"

The Undernet? The mere mention of that network caught Zetaman's attention but he assumed it was a bluff.

"I'M A COMPLETE BLUR AND TOTALLY INVISIBLE BECAUSE OF MY SPEED AND I'M GOING TO HACK YOU TO PIECES WITH MY REAPER BLADE. MY BODY IS MADE OF BUGFRAGS AND SOUL IS DEVOTED TO THE DARKNESS AND AFTER I BEAT YOU I'LL BE EVEN STRONGER THAN EVER AND FIGHT EVERY VIRUS WITH MY PROGRAM ADVANCES AND-"

He seriously would just not stop talking about himself. In a sudden change of tactics, he raised his buster again and added "SHOTGUNBATTLECHIPPOINTBLANKRANGE DOWNLOADFIRE."

There was a considerable distance between them, leaving Zetaman wondering if he knew what "point blank" meant. However, the real surprise came when the gunshot actually managed to catch Zetaman in the side despite his half-hearted dodge.

"I GOT YOU! I GOT YOU!" He sang and danced, "YOU CAN NEVER BEAT ME NOW! MY VICTORY IS CERTAIN! YOU'LL NEVER HIT ME AGAIN! I BLOCK YOUR ATTACKS WITH MY IMPENETRABLE DARK SPIRITE SHIELD OF NEOALLOY METALLANIUM!"

Zetaman assumed it was another bluff but when he fired his last buster shot, DarkSpiritZero actually deployed a large metallic shield from the air and completely blocked off the attack like it was nothing.

"HAH!" He scoffed, "PATHETIC! I'VE FOUGHT METOOLS WITH MORE POWER THAN THAT!"

DarkSpiritZero.EXE: 1 HP

Zetaman: 70 HP [magnet]