Working from Home [Online]

With the crashing of the two Megalians entering into the small restaurant, Zetaman continued to mess around behind the counter while his cover still remained. "Did you catch that, Zed? Looks like the stoplight was hiding some data. You'd better make sure the viruses don't get it." She said, looking carefully at the surroundings. "Um, now that you've gotten them into the restaurant, what are you going to do next?" Vita asked, a little confused at what the Navi had accomplished by taunting his foes.

"Well... At least they're closer to striking range now. I can't do much from the other side of the street." He pointed out. "Why don't you try to put that mind of yours to use and figure out what I can use to hit them?" Zetaman said, still busying himself.

"Well, I had a thought about that. They're yellow, and they weren't bothered by the magnet tiles.. So maybe they're electric type viruses?" Vita said, her Navi giving a shrug of agreement. "So I figure, why not use a wood attack against them? We've got the cactus ball attack, after all."

"Anything not obvious?" Zetaman asked, sighing. "If you didn't notice from earlier, they can fly, Vita. That means that attacks that roll along the ground won't hit them!"

"But they can't fly." Vita said innocently.

"...Explain." Zetaman stated plainly.

"They're inside now. I mean, have you seen how big those guys are? They're basically spread from floor to ceiling." Vita said, shrugging and frowning. "It's not like they can move upwards in order to dodge it, they'd have to fly through the roof to do that." She continued.

"Well, that makes sense." Zetaman said, finishing his work and then looking up to make sure there wasn't the glow of a Megalian aura directly on top of him. "Load up that one and the bee one and we'll see if I can get lucky." He told her, taking a deep breath before revealing his little project.

Using the mop and food containers, with the soy sauce as a stain and colourer, Zetaman had constructed a vaguely Navi-sized black scarecrow in his moments of work. It wouldn't work too well under close investigation, but it was dark in the old restaurant and had a promising form. Using a rolling mop bucket, he had rigged the decoy to stand up and move once it was pulled straight up. This was probably the stupidest thing he had ever done, and once Vita got a look at it, a silence befell both of them.

Zetaman pushed the makeshift decoy Zetaman upwards and pushed the bucket, sending it along the path behind the counter towards the other end of the restaurant. With the Megalians at the entrance, he could at least turn their attention to it, and if he was lucky he might get an attack out of them. He summoned the cactus ball into his grip and slipped to the opposite end of the restaurant from where his decoy was headed.

The Navi quickly jumped up after a short wait to make sure that his decoy had time to work its 'magic'. He shot the cactus ball forward, causing it to bounce off the counter and head towards the virii in the restaurant. Headed backwards deeper into the kitchen, he summoned the electric bee into his hand and selected his target. The bee, unlike the ball, didn't require as much of a focus in order to shoot, and probably for the best. As soon as the bee flew off towards the second Megalian, Zetaman slipped on a pool of soy sauce and fell onto his back, sliding towards the very back of the kitchen along the ground.

Actions
1: Setting up and using Epic Zetaman Junk Decoy.
2: Cactball1 Battle Chip: Megalian-EB (20 Wood Damage [40 if Elec] x 2 to 4 hits + Ground)
3: Arrow1 Battle Chip: Megalian-EA (100 Damage + 5 Elemental Bonus + Homing)
Trapped in the restaurant building, Zetaman did what anyone(?) would do in this kind of situation, build a replica of himself out of mop, containers and soy sauce. It was actually pretty convincing to the dumb viruses, however, as one of them crashed into it. Understandably, it broke into many, many pieces. The other just kind of sat there and watched the statue explode. However, they didn't count on Zetaman's attacks, which sent cactus balls and flying bees towards them, damaging them by quite a bit! One Megalian decided to chicken out and fly towards the mystery data, while the other held strong and stayed to find Zetaman. Didn't take long for it to find the slipping Navi.

-- Crushed In Building C --
ChampuEX A: DELETED
ChampuEX B: DELETED
ChampuEX C: DELETED

-- Near Traffic Light --
MagTectA: DELETED
MagTectB: DELETED
MagTectC: DELETED

-- Intersection --
Megalian-E A: 25HP (Heading towards Mystery Data!)

-- In Building A --
Megalian-E B: 10HP

Terrain: 25% Normal, 50% Magnetic (Road) 20% Metal (Sidewalk) 5% Cracked (Scattered about the road)

(Positions relative to Zetaman's position)
Building A: 260HP (Northwest) (About 10 feet tall, old restaurant of sorts)
Building B: 258HP (Southeast) (Skyscraper)
Building C: 68HP (Northeast) (Tall building) (Collapsed in on itself)
Building D: 112HP (Southwest) (Some office building)
Traffic Light: Gun'd down (Sidewalk, near Building B)
Mystery Data: 40HP (Beside fallen Traffic Light)

Zetaman.EXE: 31HP (In Building A, slipping on soy sauce)
"I can't believe that worked..." Vita said, almost stunned. "Zed, I'm not sure if I'll ever doubt you again." She added, wide-eyed at everything that went on.

"Don't mention it." Zetaman replied, pulling himself up at the back of the kitchen as he looked up to the Megalian coming towards him. "I can't believe that you were right about the cactus ball in the building." He said, standing on clean tiles and unlikely to slip again. "I think one of them was deleted completely." He added, motioning for Vita to load some chips.

"No, no I don't think so." Vita said, looking at her data and loading up a chip for Zetaman. "The other one left the restaurant I think. He might be going towards..." She trailed off as they both thought the same thing.

"The green mystery data!"

"Damnit, I am not going to lose some rewards to a stupid virus." Zetaman cursed, turning to his enemy and then off to the side. "It was in the intersection, right?" He gave one more glance to the virus and then was off, running through the back of the kitchen. The entire place was still in shambles, and there was probably enough spare junk around for him to build another Zeta-Decoy. Out of rice if he wished.

There was no sign of a back door exiting where he wanted it to, but his sight flashed across a small window that had been ravaged by time and was barely holding together. "Oh Zed..." Vita commented as her Navi eyed the street walk-through window. Looking back to make sure he wasn't about to receive a giant face to the back, Zetaman ran for the window and jumped, the sides of his shoulders just barely passing through the width of the window and left him to land with a heavier than hoped impact onto the steel sidewalk.

"Okay, maybe I should stop with the stunts." He said, holding his sides again. Indeed, between the battle wounded and his actions, he was worse for wear. His gaze shot across the street and towards the intersection where the other virus had flown off to. Narrow his gaze he pulled up his buster, which transformed into an electric coil and charged up energy. The blast from it was a spinning electric ring that soared over the magnetic street and towards his target. "Come on..." He said to himself, gripping his hand tightly closed.

He pulled himself from his firing position back up to standing. A beep in his systems let him know that Vita was prodding him to activate Static Charge, so he followed along and did so. The wave of electrical energy came from all around him and focused in on his body, recovering the damage taken from his last set of actions. Now he was doing a little better than before, and hopefully only had one enemy left to contend with...

Actions
1: Movement - Running through back of kitchen and out of window to street.
2: ZapRing1 Battle Chip: Megalian-EA (40 Damage + 5 Elemental Bonus + Stun 1)
3: Static Charge Signature Attack: Zetaman (Recovers 30 HP)
As the Megalian extended its head toward Zetaman, the navi bravely dashed to the back, crashed through the window, and landed on the street... This obviously had some extremely negative reprucussions. (20 to Zetaman)

Though there was no time to waste, grunting as he aimed at the fleeing Megalian, Zetaman fired the Zapring, his aim true as the disc cut through the virus and deleted it entirely.

But now... the other head was descending on him fast as he healed himself.

-- Near Traffic Light --

-- Intersection --
Megalian-E A: DELETED

-- FROM ABOVE --
Megalian-E B: 10HP

Terrain: 25% Normal, 50% Magnetic (Road) 20% Metal (Sidewalk) 5% Cracked (Scattered about the road)

Mystery Data: 40HP (Beside fallen Traffic Light)

Zetaman.EXE: 41HP (Intersection)
"Zed! From above!" Vita called out, fumbling with her chips in order to slot one in for her Navi to counter-attack.

"What?!" Zetaman responded, rolling onto his back and looking upwards at the descending head. "What did he do, telelport from inside?" He asked, raising his buster towards the enemy. His systems beeped as they reacted to a slotted in chip, and with few scant moments left he loaded up the Cannon and shot above him. Unsure if he'd strike true, he rolled to the side down the street and then got himself back up to a kneeling position, ready to dodge again if needed.

Actions
1: Cannon Battle Chip: Megalian-EB (40 Damage + Knockback)
2: Rolling out from under enemy and down street.
3: Dodge

Static Charge Cooldown Complete
Zetaman's operator hastily sent her Navi a chip as the Megalian drew near. With a clear shot at the virus, there wasn't much for Zetaman to do but fire the Cannon. So he did.

And that was the end of that. As he got up, the Mystery Data shone in the wreckage of the battlefield, opening and revealing what appeared to be zenny data.

-- Near Traffic Light --

-- Intersection --
Megalian-E A: DELETED

-- FROM ABOVE --
Megalian-E B: DELETED

Battle 9 Complete!

Zetaman.EXE: 41HP (Intersection)

Rewards: FireHit1, 500z
GMD: 1000z
"I guess that was worth it." Zetaman said, opening the GMD and checking out all the zenny data inside. The small section of city was in even worse condition than it had been when he arrived, but it was no matter. He pressed against his chestplate to figure out where most of his wounds were, wincing only a bit.

"Y-yeah." Vita responded, looking outside her window at home.

"Come on, pay attention. I feel a big fight coming in, and I don't want you to screw things up." Zetaman told her, walking out of the faux city.

"Zed, that's enough. We should take a break for now." Vita said, turning to the PET.

"What? What are you talking about? I can handle another fight!" Zetaman called back, more irritated than angry so far.

"I just don't want you to get hurt, is all." Vita told him, picking up the PET and going through the menus.

"Vita? What are you doing?" Zetaman asked, not looking entertained.

"We're going to go out for a bit, you and I. I'm activating your jack out sequence."

"Listen Vita, I'll leave the network when I'm good and ready-"

[NETWORK EXITED]