Inside the shop

Wes's face got red as the girl bumped into him. She was about his age.... and not too bad looking. He knew it was kind of her fault for walking into him, but since he had kind of gotten to feel her assets pressed against him and she was looking kind of violated and wanting to kill him, placing the blame on her didn't seem like the wise idea. He turned away and just simply said, "Sorry." With a nod and quick word of thanks to the shop keeper, Wes snuck out of the shop.

"She bumped into you? Why were you apoligizing?" Junior didn't get see the full benefit from where his PET was attached, "Of course, its never a good idea to get too nasty with girls anyway. You did the right thing."

"Well, uh.... that's not exactly why I said sorry.... you see....." Wes then boarded the Metro. As it sped away, Junior's laughter could be heard along the tracks.
Sieg ran in the store again, shaking off his hair and coat like a wet dog from the rain which was letting up. He pushed his way through the crowds of people harshly, saying,,

"Watch it! Move! Coming through!" and coming up to the counter again, saying,

"Been seeing a lot of you lately, eh old man?" he slapped down some mroe money and said, "Yeah my money's as good as ever, gimme another lvl1 upgrade and make it snappy!" he shouted in his childish tone, being louder than half the room put together. He slapped down more wet bills and looked at him intently again.

<3000z>
Suitachi looked blankly at Sieg as he spoke. He adjusted his glasses as he found the upgrade, muttering "..Attitude..." He took the zenny and handed Sieg his upgrade. ".....Have a nice day."
Alexander goes thanks, and walks out the door.
"Thanks a lot old man! See you later!" he shouted as he turned and ran back to the kisok, heading out in the rain.
As Steve approached the shop door, wave after wave of deja vu washed over him. As he closed his hand around the handle, he had to steady himself. Opening the door, glancing around the shop Steve picked out what he wanted, and turned to the shopkeeper, "Mr... Suitachi, was it? I need two HP Memories, and I'd like to cash in this Level 1 Processor Voucher I got in the mail..." As he turned to face him however, Steve was overcome with a massive headache. He KNEW this man. He wasn't sure how, he was positive that they had never met, but as he turned to look across the counter, a small picture of a blue navi caught his eye. Tem? Temporal? T?

((2500Z, L1V))
Suitachi also appeared somewhat intrigued in Steve. "Hmmmm, you also seem familiar" He said, taking the zenny and voucher, then shortly gathering the upgrades. Upon getting them all set, he handed them to Steve. "There you go."
Steve shook his head, and took the upgrades. "Thanks, Suitachi. I may be in a little later, but for now this stuff will work great." he left the shop with a nagging feeling in his mind. Temporary? Temperature?
Kazu decided to give it one last try; Sarah was waiting.

Once the air quieted down a little, he repeated himself:

"We're both veterans at this. I was just wondering if you knew anything about this news story."

He pointed at the post shown on his PET's holographic display: "Strange Happenings."
Hal entered the shop curiously: the ownership seemed to have traded hands from its old maintainer years ago. A man by the name of Suitachi now ran it: he'd be curious to see what the man was like.

The nostalgia of taking in the many boxed and mysterious programs hit Hal almost immediately... he couldn't help but wonder how it would have been in the chip store, its shelves lined with colorful chips decorated with their origin viruses. Nonetheless, though, he wasn't prone to pressing his face against windows as he used to be. With quick efficiency, he found the speed upgrade for his friend and an HP upgrade for himself while he was at it.

"Hello, sir," Hal addressed the shopkeeper. "I'm looking to purchase this HP upgrade, the v1 model... I also want to by the v2 speed upgrade program, though I'd like to use this seperate zenny and have it on a seperate receipt, thanks."
Silas walked into the Navi Shop, the life-sized hologram of Phoenix right behind him. "So, this is the Science Lab's Navi shop, then?" Silas said to himself. Shrugging, he joined the small line. Then, he noticed the young man in front of him. He knew he'd seen him somewhere before.

"Trouble deciding what you're gonna get me?" Phoenix asked, smirking.

"No, no, I know what I'm going to get, but doesn't this kid seem a bit familiar to you? I know I've seen his face somewhere," Silas whispered into Phoenix's ear.

"Hmm, let me check my memory files," Phoenix replied, putting two fingers to his temple. Data flashed in his eyes, and disappeared as he took his fingers off his temples. "Yep, this'd be Hal Belfast, the head honcho of Belfast Avatars. Waaaiit a second, wasn't it this kid and his Navi who were the first to see Zetsumei Angel?" he said a little too loudly.

Smacking his head, Silas got to the counter and said, "Could I get a level 1 HP Memory, please?" slapping a zenny card on the counter. Then something apparantly dawned on Silas, as he pulled out another card and asked, "Is this voucher valid? It said it was good for a Level 2 Process Upgrade when I got it."

Phoenix was not listening, he was staring at Hal. "How much does this kid know? he wondered.

<(1 HP Memory and voucher for Level 2 sig)>
With a small smile, Suitachi nodded his head, moving swiftly around the back area, multitasking as he went. With a smooth motion, he removed a pair of HP memory modules from his counter drawer, tossing them from behind his back over his shoulder and catching them as he twisted his body, unlocking the back panel and extracting a small cardboard box with the letters "DenTech Speed Upgrade, V2" engraved on the front. Each of his movements were deliberate and timed, as though he was moving to the tempo of some invisible drum, beating softly in the reaches of infi...

"We're both veterans at this. I was just wondering if you knew anything about this news story."

Wha...?

The boxes collapsed onto the ground, the shopkeep's rhythm having been thrown off by the unexpected question. The frazzled Suitachi frowned and adjusted his glasses as he ruefully picked up the fallen upgrades and distributed them. Grabbing a pen from behind the counter, he addressed Kazu while looking over Silas' voucher. "I thought I told you that this was a place of..." he grumbled before pausing, looking up at Silas, and sighing. "Sir, your navi is currently level 2. Under the Netpolice Order 30176, section B-1, I can't authorize the distribution of process upgrades to navis below the required level. Please come back at a later date."

Turning to face the Kazu once more, he cleared his throat. "It is true I was present for a few of the events mentioned in that newsbrief," he said, "but as I said before, this is a place of business and I would very much prefer that you take your discussions elsewhere. If you desire my opinion that badly, I suppose I could shoot you an email at some point." He paused momentarily before removing a small piece of paper from behind the counter. "I've got some inventory work to do, so just write your email here and leave it on the counter."

((-1000 For Hal/-10000 for Erin))
((-1000 for Silas))
"Thank you very much, sir," Hal said in response to recieving his upgrades. He could see that the shopkeeper was entering a discussion, so he decided not to bother him with further conversation. He turned, staring somewhat blankly at the old man who assumed had addressed him. Not realizing that the Navi was the real culprit and noting the man's indifference, he simply shrugged and headed out of the shop, bound for his helicopter with the purchases in hand.
"Thank you," said Kazu with a nod, as he wrote his email on a piece of paper and laid it on the counter. "I'll be in touch."

Someone was waiting for him, of course. Being that his car had just been taken, he took the subway.

There were things to do. The life he had stepped into had fully retaken him, and now he could not afford to be away from it for too long.
(this post was never here.)
"Wha'? Level system?" Silas said, confused.

Appearing behind Silas, Phoenix said "Ahh, it must be some new system for Navis. Just leave these stupid Electopians alone. Frankly, I prefered when we still lived in Nation-"

"Shush!" Silas exclaimed, recalling him into the PET. Walking quickly out of the store, he whispered to his PET, "There's no need to divulge that sort of information. Besides, I'm getting too old for the life I had to live back at the 'Z.'"
Humming a strange little ditty under his breath, Joseph swept in, brushing an elderly man before setting down 3000 zenny onto the counter.

"I believe that's enough for a Process Upgrade Level 1." He smirked confidently, as he stared down the person standing behind the counter. "Quickly, if you would. I don't have all day."
Suitachi sighed as the next customer demanded immediate attention. Cashiers have feelings too, "Here." Suitachi chucked the PU 1 at him, a bit annoyed before gathering up the money.
"Commendable." Joseph's eyes lit up at the swift response. "I expect you'll be seeing a lot more of me..." A dark chuckle masking his exit, Joseph began immediately installing the Process Upgrade--
"Anti, the delivery mission is about to begin."

"Crap!" Anti snarled expansively in reply, searching her entire vocabulary for the perfect word to fit the situation. "How long have I been here?"

"You have been standing and looking at the wall for some time. May we please jack in? We are to meet in Electown."

"All right," she growled, disappearing from the shop in a push of the door and an uneasy glance at the "you've been Suitachi'd" note on the back.