Reaper's Pixel Art

I want one of imp and void...

imp sittin on void's shoulder, not much detail nessisary, he's only aboiut the size of a parrot.
[taps her fingers together, mumbling something about commissioning a Raiden v3 sprite once her subplot's over]

[fades into darkness]

Quote (RoboTek)

Do you sit down and modify a spite that already exists or do you design it with one in mind?

Mine are not terribly good, but I generally try to do the latter.

I mainly modify existing sprites, but sometimes I would change the pose if I like the "body" but not the pose. I also sometimes take features from different sprites to suit my needs. For example, Soundman's base and pose was from ThunderMan.EXE and I found an NPC sprite from Megaman ZX advent with the perfect hairstyle so I combined the two, re-colored and slimmed down the body, and constructed the shoulder speakers.

Sometimes finding a sprite base can be really difficult. For example: When trying to think of an idea for Zanallen's already awesome RuneKnight sprite, I went through several different bases and styles before finally sticking to one. I was thinking of a JudgeMan sprite toting a spear, but then when I thought about how RuneKnight would also cast spells, etc, I thought of the Harpuria sprite where he sticks his arm out to the side to stop Fefnir and Leviathan from obliterating Zero in Megaman Zero 2. So I used Harpuria's body (though the outer skin is completely original) and took almost an hour modifying Zero's Z-Knuckle hand to appear to be casting a spell. Then I found some attack sprite to make the magic effect and made the helmet, spear, and cape from scratch.

I guess in short, my sprites are about 60% modified and 40% scratch-built material.
Well, however you do it, they look damn cool. Thanks again, Grim. Of course, seeing your SP idea is giving me strange new ideas from a second or third SP for Runeknight.

Quote (The_Grim_Reaper)

and 40% scratch-built material.

Oh no he didn't.

Quote (English Ninja)

Oh no he didn't.

Oh yes I did? *Grim Reaper is confused! Grim Reaper hurt itself in its confusion!*

Finished the Soundman RuneCross! Twi: if you want, I can add a helmet or make other changes. I want to make sure I made it right!

EDIT: Here is my progress on Hiko's Enigma.EXE! Open for editing!
That is epic shit. 'Nuff said.
The win just doesn't stop. Great as always, Grim.
Soundman the Executioner.
He's Coming For You.
It's a medieval-style trumpet, not an Axe.

>:0

Much <3, Grim.

Can I get a description of that bad boy for when I register it?

Quote (Twi)

Can I get a description of that bad boy for when I register it?

Description: Soundman's adopts the medieval style of RuneKnight, but still keeps his overall groove. The armor covering his arms, legs, feet, and chest are reinforced with gray metal plates with dark turquoise trim while his upper arms, thighs, and abdomen are protected by a surprisingly light blue chain mail. The speakers on shoulders and legs have been replaced with shining brass horn bells. Soundman might not be able to play some of his favorite guitar solos or insane drum beats, but these horns pack a huge amount of acoustic power.
In his hands, he holds a ~3' polished-brass medieval heralding trumpet; holding a royal blue banner with Soundman's symbol emblazoned on the side. The trumpet is made of a very specialized material that can give the beautiful sound of brass, but also give the brutal beat-down of tempered steel. Soundman's palm speakers have been removed, so his trumpet is his primary weapon; capable of delivering damaging sound blasts from a distance and punishing blows at close range.
Soundman did originally have a helmet, but he discarded it. The visor was just not clear enough for him to see the minute distortions in the air as powerful sound waves passed through it; plus he didn't want to get helmet-hair.

EDIT: You can check the status of your request under the [Sprite Requests] tab of my signature!
... Do I have to make a request before you get too swamped even though I dont want to request it yet?

Quote (Sora-Chan)

... Do I have to make a request before you get too swamped even though I dont want to request it yet?

I don't entirely understand the above statement but I will try to give you a good answer. I doubt I will get so swamped that I cannot accept any more requests, so feel free to request whenever you want. However, could I get an idea of what or who you are requesting? I ask because I can then prepare (read up on the character, brainstorm an idea, find a sprite base, etc.) and complete your request in less time.
Ah ok, well I've been thinking of requesting Juri in her Navi form. I kinda think it might be a little hard to do some of the details of her appearance, so if you need to modify the appearance a little to make it possible, let me know cause I realize some things, like the swirling orange and blue on the visor are a little hard to do with spriting so basically it'd be just blue.

The reason why I haven't requested yet is that I have yet to use her Navi form in the RP yet, which I may end up doing pretty soon with the lack of things for me to do/need a break from my RP Project I've been working on.
May I present to you... Djinni.EXE!

EDIT: Yeah... the eyes did look a little weird. I guess I will be using ImageShack for all of my bitmap images from now on...
Nice. The eyes look a little odd since they are more detailed, but it's otherwise okay.

Oh, and it has Jpeg distortion on it...

But otherwise a really neat sprite.
Made some big changes to Hiko's Enigma.

And made Binary.EXE! Fastest, sprite, ever!

I also finished up Void.EXE & Imp. That little bugger was tough to make sitting on a sprite's shoulder. I hope you like it!
You, my good sir, are a god.

NachahmenEXE, plox? : D

Annnnnd... Maybe KenjiCross Nac? :'D

Or, yakno... Whatever...

(Profile links in Sig, under Navi and Crosses)
Jeez, you guys with all of your weird shape-shifting Navis... I will likely begin work on Nachahmen tomorrow!