I wanna RP.

Let's face it, virus-busting is almost kind of grind-y at times. We can all only take so much of posting once then waiting a day or two for another chance.

I want some real-world RP. I know the moderators once tried to think of ways to give Operators some meaning besides just inputting chips, and I would love to see some movement forward on that. That's not why I made this thread, though. I want to real-world RP because it gives me something to do. It lets me explore and develop my character ideas. And it would give me more chances to post something.

Additonally, my characters have the unique ability to real-world RP while virus busting without it being awkward, and technically it isn't cheating either. Any character can multi-task, putting in chips with one hand while waving to another RP character with the other. My characters could even be in different areas chatting it up and it wouldn't be any kind of unfair advantage, since the second character isn't doing anything the first character couldn't (cross-network operating is hardly without precedent) but I know that's stretching it so I won't do that.

So, not only for the FXP but also because it would give me more of a reason to stay here on the site, I'd like some people to hang out with Rachel and Guy in the real world.

Maybe we could organize a party?
I have been wanting to make operators more indepth and useful since I returned to the site. Even if this is just a simple real world RP type setting, it would be a great step towards getting operators used more, and maybe even spawn some idea's to make them techinally better on the site. Also, this real world RP would move much faster than the networld RP, due to not needing a Moderator after every post.

I gladly help in this real world RP, to help give my operator's character more depth, and to help spawn ideas for future changes to Operators.
I think having more real world interaction with NetOps is just as important as RPing your Navi interacting with other Navis and fighting viruses. Having your NetOp in the picture gives you another world you can explore, and you can form friendships with other NetOps that way. I like to RP Mazer in the real world whenever I want a little change of scenery, and it still seems natural. For example, I have a little post in the real world every time Machman and Aera logs out, and whenever Mazer travels from one area to the other. A good percentage of my posts during Mazer's "Yoka Vacation," were real world posts involving Mazer interacting with other people.
My Operators are screwing around in Beach Net right now, and the virus difficulty there is just right for a medium-high tier like me. But I could ditch after battle 5 and go wherever. I don't care about the zone difficulty if others have an IC reason to want to be in, say, SciLabs or ACDC.
Oi oi.

I'm cutting in, if you don't mind. Just keep in mind... I get a bit murderous when people forget to post for say, three months or so, and we should be fine.
My character is going to head over to the Netopia area after this current battle 5 he is in is over. He is a college student at a small college there, and anywhere surronding a college town is where he will be. Should be easy to work some incharacter stuff in there. And this is perfect for a subplot idea of mine because my operator is going to undergo personal change soon through various events. ^^
Should we just ICily issue an open invitation to... somewhere? I don't think anyone here has an IC reason to know Rachel and Guy.
Great thread, this. Anyway, yeah, an IC invitation would be great. Maybe in a BBS, since viewing and posting in a BBS IC while busting is possible. Like Syriene, I have a subplot in mind, one that involves Sharo. I'm not really in the mood for busting Sharo virii, since, well, my navi is Aqua, and low-leveled to boot.

In short, do eet.
Do you think there would be like Otakon for netbattlers and custom Navis? Cause in the games people are fans of certian custom navi's, not like I want to be using the game as grounds to do something here just an example. Like a Navi-con or something? That would defiently work for a reason for us to come together, and my Operator would go without a doubt.
Well...

There's always the idea of us just strolling on into your "netcafe", Kazu. >_>

Or wherever we want to meet up, but I kind of want to cut in where you've got your operator at currently.
Then do it, Twi. I've still got battle 3, 4, and 5 to get through. I'm not leaving in the immediate future.

Quote (Syriene)

Do you think there would be like Otakon for netbattlers and custom Navis? Cause in the games people are fans of certian custom navi's, not like I want to be using the game as grounds to do something here just an example. Like a Navi-con or something? That would defiently work for a reason for us to come together, and my Operator would go without a doubt.

...Yes. Outstanding. Someone make it happen.

Quote (Kazuhiro)

Then do it, Twi. I've still got battle 3, 4, and 5 to get through. I'm not leaving in the immediate future.

I

HAVE GRABBED A SEAT. : D
heh, why not just build a thread section like the shops, but it's a net cafe(maybe elec town) in the real world that links up with the net square in the virtual. That way you could go anywhere on the net and still have a reason to be in the same place in the "human world".

and the reason I say make it a sub forum, have one stickyed thread that acts as the "Common table" and then let people make their own threads when the want a "private table"...

although, while this will increase netOP interaction, they'll all pretty much stay still unless triggered by a shop or RL mission...

Quote (Niax)

heh, why not just build a thread section like the shops, but it's a net cafe(maybe elec town) in the real world that links up with the net square in the virtual. That way you could go anywhere on the net and still have a reason to be in the same place in the "human world".

and the reason I say make it a sub forum, have one stickyed thread that acts as the "Common table" and then let people make their own threads when the want a "private table"...

although, while this will increase netOP interaction, they'll all pretty much stay still unless triggered by a shop or RL mission...

I really like this idea, actually. It'd spark some interesting conversation, maybe bragging about chips you just got, etc. I don't know if FXP would be involved, though.
One time we had a NetPolice mission with about... 10 people or something, forgot the exact number. We started out with a large 'real world' thread where everybody could meet each other and have fun. And once everyone had met each other, or those he/she wanted to meet, we went to the fight. I enjoy teaming up with people more than going alone because I've always got something to react on with others.

Quote (Hiko)

Quote (Niax)

I really like this idea, actually. It'd spark some interesting conversation, maybe bragging about chips you just got, etc. I don't know if FXP would be involved, though.

Not only that, but it could also help to inspire ways to make ops more useful. Because we won't be able to make them useful until we acutally see how it is we use them.
We should have a RL netbattling competition where the Netops get laser tag guns and foam swords then fight eachother.

:lol:

Quote (Corrupted Child)

We should have a RL netbattling competition where the Netops get laser tag guns and foam swords then fight eachother.

yeah, we could use those syncro chi-*BLAM!!*

On the note of the global threat NP thingy, why don't we have the allies of the NP/mafia get emails once in a while to assist in missions. there could be some 'random' pair ups. the mission I had with robo was very successful, and I would like to see a continuation of that type of activity.

Quote (Niax)

Quote (Corrupted Child)

yeah, we could use those syncro chi-*BLAM!!*

On the note of the global threat NP thingy, why don't we have the allies of the NP/mafia get emails once in a while to assist in missions. there could be some 'random' pair ups. the mission I had with robo was very successful, and I would like to see a continuation of that type of activity.

Niax should be knighted.