I've finally put my finger on it

Since I've been here, I've always wondered why there is a general lack of posts compared to other forums I've been a part of. With how many active members we have, it's amazing that so few social posts actually occur. Then it hit me: the chatroom, as wonderful a creation as it is, steals away from members talking to one another who aren't necessarily on at the same time.

So, I figured I'd say hi and ask what's happening in your lives.

For example, right now I'm in training to be a staff trainer at work, and my new server PC is driving me nuts. There.
Right now, I'm a student at school and the massive 16-subject load I've undertaken is driving me nuts. >_> Arabic and Accounting more than others.
Right now, I'm back at my apartment (5 hours away from my house) packing up the rest of my stuff and waiting for an email from a guy I'm hoping to move in with next semester. My old apartment is okay, but the cruddy internet and rather annoying roommate is just too much to handle.
Back on the old site, there was usually 4-5 active topics on general at once, plus the thousands of posts in Random Chat. Indeed, the chatroom changed that.

I've just finished my second of four exams, and then I'm done grade nine. The year went by extremely fast. Funny story, yesterday my tech teacher placed his hand in the stapler and slammed it down, scaring the sh*t out of my classmates. I thought the thing probably didn't have staples, or he didn't actually hit the stapler.

This morning, after the exam, I shook his hand and there was a large bandage across it.
Hehe. I have it relatively easy, but things are still going oddly.

1. Just finished finals, SCHOOL IS OVERRRRR. Well. Freshman year at least.

2. Grandpa's in the intensive care unit at the hospital because of internal bleeding and a minor heart attack. My parents are going insane.

3. Again, my parents are going insane, and it rubs off on me. They both work two jobs (as full-time doctors, no less) and work 70-80 hours a week. AT WORK. Not counting all the stuff they do at home.

4. Breakup.

5. My teacher is a worthless bitch, so I got an 89% overall in English. Great. There goes my all-A's.

I still have lots of extra time. Why I'm not posting? No one's modding me. Ha.
I thought 80+ translated as As, Bs were 70s, Cs were 60s and Ds were 50s.

Coincidentally, my only mark in the 80s is an 88 in English. I think I did well on the exam, though.

Quote (Corrupted Child)

Coincidentally, my only mark in the 80s is an 88 in English. I think I did well on the exam, though.

O_O
What.

97%+ = A+
95% = A
90% = A-
87%+ = B+
85% = B
80% = B-

That's ours, and so on.
Eating some cereal as I'm preparing for another day of work at my mother's shop~ Have to work there for about 10 hours and come back for more church stuff...

My Summer doesn't look too great

Quote (Hiko)

Quote (Corrupted Child)

Coincidentally, my only mark in the 80s is an 88 in English.  I think I did well on the exam, though.

O_O
What.

97%+ = A+
95% = A
90% = A-
87%+ = B+
85% = B
80% = B-

That's ours, and so on.

...Lucky git.

Mine was:

100%: A+
95%+: A
85%+: B+
80%+: B
70%+: B-
60%+: C
~50%: C-
<40%: F

Quote (Twi)

...Lucky git.

Mine was:

100%: A+
95%+: A
85%+: B+
80%+: B
70%+: B-
60%+: C
~50%: C-
<40%: F

No such thing as Ds, Twi?
Something like that.
At home, in summer, with crap internet at night since Comcast got sucky in the year I was gone at college.
Twi...
Your grading system is BETTER.
70s are B's. Not C's. In yours, that is.
97-100% A+
93-96% A
90-92% A-
87-89% B+
83-86% B
80-82% B-
77-79% C+
73-76% C
70-72% C-
67-69% D+
63-66% D
60-62% D-
0-59% F

And an F is a FAILURE. So take that, my system is clearly the best. : D Though Hiko's is similar.

Also, I had straight As from middle school until the quarter of Sophomore year where I got an 89% in Math.

This year not doing homework totally killed me. I got a C- in AP US History first quarter and plent of Bs over the course of the year. My grades got better this quarter. I'll announce final results in a couple weeks, as school still isn't out and I still need to take some finals.

Also, I was 6th in class due to super stellar grades until the end of last year. By the end of last quarter I had dropped to 9th or someodd. If I can keep out of trouble I just may stay in top 10, and if I'm still in the top 10 when I graduate I get a to attend a special banquet where I pick a teacher to write and say a speach about me.

Also, I got a 2050 on my SATs.

. . . That's all I can think of school wise. . .

~Lux
No, Lux, your system IS mine. I'm just lazy.
School wise I am on my wonderful three week summer break. It doesn't last very long but I have so much planned, so much I am going to do to relax and enjoy myself before my hard ass quater kicks in next time. It is going to blow! My classes are going to kick my ass up and down the wall. It is going to be good for my art, but all the work is going to be insane.

Other than school related information, I am sitting in my local game store right now. Going to respond to my thread then play some warhammer 40k. Going to see Up later tonight, my third time seeing it xD. It is a pretty good movie, if you haven't seen it yet I think you will like it.
College is over. Went to a big award ceremony today and got my class changed to Games Developer (Apprentice). Next year is 3D Animation.

Trying to get into drawing. I'd really like to make some kind of webcomic, perhaps with a few members from the forum, but i'm having courage problems. I wish I knew where to start, aside from practising.

Also, TF2.
Meh. Nothing really of note here...other than all the barbecues I go to at this time of the year. I'm gonna be working more, probably a lot more, so I will more than likely have have less time to get on and chat...and my mother is gonna force me into doing some college classes...yea...my summer is probably gonna be nothing of note.
Oh, right.

July 11 until August 22, I'm at camp. Then on like August 27 or so, band camp starts, and on September 1-4 I have no computer. Hehee. I'll make a welcome topic when the time comes.
I'm also gone for a while- I go to the same camp as Hiko, 'cept I start a bit later but end at the same time.

yaaaay